My3forces : Feeling discouraged

my3forces

I am new to this page and feeling very discouraged.

I only took Cymbalta for 8 days but have had horrible withdrawal.

I have been 30 days cymbalta free but the withdrawal symptoms will not let up.

Mostly I am sweating and shaking profusely. I also have the feeling inside like I'm vibrating. Its a very disturbing feeling.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Erell

-Effexor 75mg & Wellbutrin 150mg-on both for approx four years.

stopped both cold turkey in February 2018-suffered withdrawal for a coupe of months.

-Feb 2018-prescribed .25 Xanax to help with getting off the Effexor but never took any.

-Nov 2020-.25 Xanax taken as needed. Maybe once or twice a month.
-Jan 2021-15mg buspar-took for 10 days then doctor switched me to 30mg cymbalta. Started taking more Xanax because anxiety got out of control. Had a bad reaction to the Xanax and stopped taking it Jan 16 2021.

-Took the cymbalta for 8 days and had an adverse reactions. Stopped cold turkey per I only took for 8 days. 
-Withdrawal symptoms started about 3-4 days later. 

-Currently 31 days drugs free and still suffering pretty bad withdrawal.

• Erell changed the title to My3forces : Feeling discouraged
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello my3forces

And welcome on SA.

This site is run entirely by volunteer Administrators and Moderators, all have been through or going through withdrawal.

There are no commercial interests or influences  involved.

-》 could you please create a drug signature ? Please include drugs, dates, discontinuations. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can, and allow us to see your history at a glance.

This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

I'm sorry you're going through this : it looks like you had an adverse reaction to Cymbalta.

Some people just can't tolerate antidepressants.

It can take some time, but people do heal.

This might help you to understand what is happening :

1. immediate-adverse-reactions-to-an-antidepressant-or-within-a-few-doses-how-long-for-recovery

2. how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

We are a community of peer support, feel free to reach out with other folks 🤗

Again, welcome. And please hang in there, it does get better ☀️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.