Marija: Help needed with reinstating mirtazapine after severe WD

Marija

@Marija, I hope you're feeling better. I haven't experienced body pain during withdrawal but feel like I've gone through everything else. I wanted to let you know that I'm a month off of Mirtazapine at this point and am finally sleeping better. A LOT better. This might just be a long window, but even if it's only that, I'm grateful for it and it seems like progress. It finally feels like recovery is possible now that I've reached this point!

The hardest part of my withdrawal was when I got down to less than 2 mg. Please stay steady and stay patient.

• Started 7.5 mg Remeron in February 2020
  • Stopped CT in August 2020, I think?
  • Reinstated at about 2.5 mg in September 2020 (liquid taper)
  • Started Buspirone (5 mg 3x day) in November 2020 to deal with debilitating anxiety during remeron taper
  • Tapered to 2 mg for October, then dropped to 1.05 for November, and then down by .15 mg once/week for December (.9 first week, .75 second week, .6 third week, .45 fourth week, .3 fifth week) so that I was at .15 mg (1 mg of liquid) at the start of January 2021
  • Stopped in second week of January 2021 and couldn’t tolerate the insomnia, so reinstated to .6 mg and tapered slowly until Sept 2021 — jumped off at .075 mg because it was impossible to take less
  • Sept 2021, 0 mg remeron, 15 mg/day buspirone
  • Supplements: 300 mg magnesium, 3 mg melatonin, 2000 mg Vitamin D, Omega 3 (kelp-based)