Shellbell: not sure I can do this

Shellbell

@Believer

@JesusSavemefromWD

thank you both. Appreciate your kindness 

good luck to both of you

• 5-28-20 given cymbalta. Had bad reaction. Stopped immediately. 
  • 6-20-20 stopped vicodin after 5 years. Suffered akathesia. 
  • 7-20-20 to 11-13-20 mirtazapine. On 7.5 tapered for 8 weeks  jumped off at 1.5
  • 11/20 to Feb 3. .25 klonopin, tapered 4 weeks. Jumped off at .0935
  • present - med free. Still suffering from akathesia, insomnia,depression and anxiety
  • melatonin 1mg. Magnesium 400mg daily
  • Vicodin one week. Stopped 12-5-21
  • temezapam prn 
  • sonata sleeping pill. Prn 
  • tried kratom for one week
  • 1-15-22 - symptoms - visual issues, dizziness, severe brain fog, suicidal ideations
  • Moderator Emeritus
11 hours ago, Shellbell said:

@Shep

I stopped in for a second and saw your message. I am leaving very soon but I wanted to respond to you

I was taking the temezapam maybe 5 times over 2 months. Stopped one week ago

I took Sonata about 5 times and stopped a month ago

it isn't really any use. This has been dragging on for almost two years now. There just isn't any help anymore. But I appreciate you reaching out

You may have developed a dependency if you took these doses too close together (the FDA has noted that dependency on benzos can develop in only a few days - FDA requiring Boxed Warning updated. While Sonata is technologically not a benzo (it's a z-drug), it still acts on GABA in a similar way. 

Or you may have been getting rebound symptoms. 

I would only use these drugs for absolute emergencies and rely on non-drug coping skills until the wave passes. 

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

We don't recommend a lot of supplements, as many members report their nervous systems are simply too fragile to handle them. However, magnesium and fish oil tend to be calming to the nervous system and many people report they do help. Please only add in one supplement at a time and at a small dose. For more, please see:

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

If you're already not taking these, you may want to add in some magnesium first and see if that helps. And later, you may want to add a bit of fish oil.