SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

What could possibly help a person going through WD/ any psychiatric drug problems?

Yesyes123

• Mentor

You will find there are times this whole ordeal gets overwhelming.

You will find yourself thinking more and more about how unworthy living is and will forever be from now on, after you have been submitted to such a horrendous, unexpected, priorly unexplained experiene of terror that has no specific date to end.

You will start to imagine what it would be like to just give up - it all seems like too much to take.

You might start thinking about what people around you, your loved ones, how they would react to you leaving forever...

What could possibly help a person going through WD/ any psychiatric drug problems?

At times, it seems like nothing will. It seems like it's better to just accept everything, the dark thoughts, the feelings of despair, hopelessness, doom.

Sometimes just staying alive is enough, and a big act of bravery.

But there are other times, maybe during windows or holds, or some type of stable(r) time... that you can remind yourself why you chose to remain on the battlefield and live another day of fighting.

Here are some of the things I have found personally help me.

1. Stoicism

1533971850_800px-Paolo_Monti_-_Servizio_fotografico_(Napoli_1969)_-_BEIC_6353768.thumb.jpg.2690eabe813587abd30bc44dceae9213.jpgZeno of Citium, the founder of Stoicism.

Stoicism is founded by Zeno of Citium in Athens in the early 3rd century BC. (One heeeeeeeeeell of a long time ago! How awesome is it their problems were so similar to ours)

It is a philosophy of personal ethics informed by its system of logic and its views on the natural world. According to its teachings, as social beings, the path to eudaimonia (happiness, or blessedness) is found in accepting the moment as it presents itself, by not allowing oneself to be controlled by the desire for pleasure or by the fear of pain, by using one's mind to understand the world and to do one's part in nature's plan, and by working together and treating others fairly and justly. (Wikipedia)

---

I have found stoicism teachings to be extremely valuable and strongly impactful in life, when treated with the deserved seriousness and ponderosity.

Click here for some of my favorite Stoic Quotes that I read daily to help me get through this ordeal

I would recommend saving or copying the document above on your phone and reading it everyday.

That's what I do.

You can also select all text and copy it into your phone's notes app to find it more easily.

---

1. Watching videos of terminally ill patients

(TRIGGER WARNING: This might not be for everyone).

I personally find it very soothing and helpful to watch videos of people who have no other choice but to die in the near future, because they have a condition that will kill them no matter what they do.

Sometimes it feels like withdrawal will kill us.

But the truth is it won't.

It might make us feeling like ending ourselves, but it will not do that by itself.

Withdrawal might put you in a very uncomfortable and painful place; but it will not end your life.

Unlike terminal patients, we have the choice to keep fighting, to take it no matter how hard it is, and eventually recover.

Here are some videos (again, this might not be suitable for everyone.)

Terminally ill patient video 1

Terminally ill patiet video 2

Terminally ill patient video 3

Terminally ill patient video 4

You can find more on YouTube.

I like to turn my attention to the fact that I am by no means "better" or "above" any of these people - they are in the exact same level as I am - human.

I am not entitled to anything that they aren't. I am not "supposed to be" happier or healthier than they are.

I like to remind myself how these people would do absolutely anything, pay any price, endure absolutely anything to be in my position - one that offers the possibility of recovery.

Not only that - one that offers a pretty much guaranteed recovery, if you are able to face it bravely, put yourself together and endure what might turn out to be long periods of suffering and fighting.

Keep going. It's just another day. 

- Escitalopram 10mg from ages 15 - 21

- Severe crash after 4 month taper to 0

- Reinstated, stabilized, slowly tapering.

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." - Hellen Keller

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• 1 month later...

@Yesyes123 i agree , thank you for this , i just printed out your favorite quotes 

2021:  started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

• 3 weeks later...
  • Mentor
On 4/27/2021 at 2:11 PM, Phoenixmama said:

i agree , thank you for this , i just printed out your favorite quotes 

Awesome to read that. Hope you find some comfort in there. Peace and healing

- Escitalopram 10mg from ages 15 - 21

- Severe crash after 4 month taper to 0

- Reinstated, stabilized, slowly tapering.

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." - Hellen Keller

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy