jdj1rn: Awful Effexor and zoloft reactions now that I am 5 months off xanax..

jdj1rn

@Altostrata as I stated. 150 mg Effexor xr, and 100 mg of Zoloft at bedtime. I've been compliant 6 weeks as noted. My symptoms are as stated above from the benzo withdrawal. ( brain zaps, lightheadedness, and so forth. )

When I take the 2 antidepressants at night, it appears to magnify my protracted withdrawal symptoms. That's why I take them at night until I get a taper plan. I want them out of my body and I feel they are hindering my recovery from x.

I want a taper plan. Can you provide it?

Greatly appreciated. 

Current medications:

As of March 17. 2021:

150 mg Effexor xr daily.

100 mg Zoloft daily

Buspirone  10 mg 2 xs daily. 

Avorvastatin 20 mg daily 

Until October 2020

Xanax 0.5 mg 3 xs daily.

Tapered started August 2020 done October 2020. Via psychiatrist Too fast I believe.  I'm stuck in withdrawal. 😫

Meds take various times of day due to sleep appetite issues.
  •  

•  

@AltostrataI dont mean to be difficult and appreciate your help. My cognitive function is limited.

I take my antidepressants @9:30 PM

The symptoms are buzzing in head and body. A feeling of being disconnected from the real world. Anxiety,  agoraphobia 

They get worse about 40 minutes after I take the zoloft 100 mg and Effexor xr 150 mg a 9:30. 

Thank you

Current medications:

As of March 17. 2021:

150 mg Effexor xr daily.

100 mg Zoloft daily

Buspirone  10 mg 2 xs daily. 

Avorvastatin 20 mg daily 

Until October 2020

Xanax 0.5 mg 3 xs daily.

Tapered started August 2020 done October 2020. Via psychiatrist Too fast I believe.  I'm stuck in withdrawal. 😫

Meds take various times of day due to sleep appetite issues.
  •  

•  
  • Administrator
37 minutes ago, jdj1rn said:

They get worse about 40 minutes after I take the zoloft 100 mg and Effexor xr 150 mg a 9:30. 

Taking Zoloft with Effexor is a terrible idea no matter when you take them. The 2 drugs conflict badly. They may be conflicting with your other drugs, too.

Please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php

and copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic.

If I were you, I'd slowly move the Effexor dose by an hour earlier each day until you're taking it in the morning. This may diminish the drug-drug conflict for those 2 drugs -- but it's not going to solve your problem of overmedication. We can discuss next steps after you do this.

I need the rest of your drug schedule, too.

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

@jdj1rnWe want to help you, but we need very specific information in order to determine what is going on for you, before we can suggest a tapering plan.  When people take multiple drugs, there can be any number of things going on: bad drug interactions, adverse effects, or withdrawal, or a combination thereof.  We cannot suggest a taper plan until we figure out what is happening for you.  Perhaps seeing an example might help.  

6 AM woke with anxiety

8 am took 2.5 mg lexapro

10 am stomach is upset

10:30 am ate breakfast

11:35 am got a headache, lasted one hour

12:35 ate lunch

4 pm feel a bit better

5 pm took 2.5 mg lexapro

6 pm ate dinner

9:20 pm headache 

10:00 pm took 50 mg Seroquel

10:30 pm feeling dizzy

10:30 pm fell asleep 

2:30 am woke, took 3 mg Ambien

2:45 am fell asleep

4:30 am woke, but got back to sleep 

..... and so forth, for the rest of the day and night 

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly