jdj1rn: Awful Effexor and zoloft reactions now that I am 5 months off xanax..

@Altostrata as I stated. 150 mg Effexor xr, and 100 mg of Zoloft at bedtime. I've been compliant 6 weeks as noted. My symptoms are as stated above from the benzo withdrawal. ( brain zaps, lightheadedness, and so forth. )

When I take the 2 antidepressants at night, it appears to magnify my protracted withdrawal symptoms. That's why I take them at night until I get a taper plan. I want them out of my body and I feel they are hindering my recovery from x.

I want a taper plan. Can you provide it?

Greatly appreciated. 

Current medications:

As of March 17. 2021:

150 mg Effexor xr daily.

100 mg Zoloft daily

Buspirone  10 mg 2 xs daily. 

Avorvastatin 20 mg daily 

Until October 2020

Xanax 0.5 mg 3 xs daily.

Tapered started August 2020 done October 2020. Via psychiatrist Too fast I believe.  I'm stuck in withdrawal. 😫

Meds take various times of day due to sleep appetite issues.
  •  

•  

@AltostrataI dont mean to be difficult and appreciate your help. My cognitive function is limited.

I take my antidepressants @9:30 PM

The symptoms are buzzing in head and body. A feeling of being disconnected from the real world. Anxiety,  agoraphobia 

They get worse about 40 minutes after I take the zoloft 100 mg and Effexor xr 150 mg a 9:30. 

Thank you

Current medications:

As of March 17. 2021:

150 mg Effexor xr daily.

100 mg Zoloft daily

Buspirone  10 mg 2 xs daily. 

Avorvastatin 20 mg daily 

Until October 2020

Xanax 0.5 mg 3 xs daily.

Tapered started August 2020 done October 2020. Via psychiatrist Too fast I believe.  I'm stuck in withdrawal. 😫

Meds take various times of day due to sleep appetite issues.
  •  

•  
  • Administrator
Altostrata
37 minutes ago, jdj1rn said:

They get worse about 40 minutes after I take the zoloft 100 mg and Effexor xr 150 mg a 9:30. 

Taking Zoloft with Effexor is a terrible idea no matter when you take them. The 2 drugs conflict badly. They may be conflicting with your other drugs, too.

Please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php

and copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic.

If I were you, I'd slowly move the Effexor dose by an hour earlier each day until you're taking it in the morning. This may diminish the drug-drug conflict for those 2 drugs -- but it's not going to solve your problem of overmedication. We can discuss next steps after you do this.

I need the rest of your drug schedule, too.

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.