dp4peace "Burning pain" all over body -- Advice for my 78 yr old mom

dp4peace

My mom has been on and off many psych meds and hospitalized many times over the last 5 years. It started in 2016 with pain meds after knee surgery, UTI, insomnia, reaction to coming off pain meds too fast, depression, anxiety, hospitalization, more antidepressants and benzos, increased fear and panic, and an extensive list of physical symptoms such as burning pain, ringing in ear, can't taste food, no appetite, insomnia, can't urinate, zombie, no feelings except fear and anger, etc. She has had several suicide attempts and says she chemically poisoned her body by taking an overdose of trazadone and other prescribed meds 2 yrs ago. Hospitals and doctors kept adding or subtracting medications and there was not much tapering.  She feels it is too late and nothing / nobody can help her. She lives at a board and care home currently and she can barely talk to me on the phone for 1 minute.  Any advice to help ease her suffering and give her some quality of life? Thank you

• Altostrata changed the title to dp4peace "Burning pain" all over body -- Advice for my 78 yr old mom
  • Administrator

Welcome, dp4peace.

If your mother is taking many drugs, some of her symptoms may be due to the drugs. You will have to work through her caregivers to have her tapered off drugs that may be causing problems. You may wish to print out a report from the drugs.com Interaction Checker for her doctors.

Please be aware it's a common practice to give people in care facilities antipsychotics, benzodiazepines, and other drugs to make them docile and easy to manage. You may have to talk to the management or local or state health authorities if you think your mother has been misprescribed.

This is a site for going off drugs and we don't have the expertise to advise you in your legal options.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.