Greenjoe04: citalopram and modafinil cold turkey

Greenjoe04

Hello new to the group. Not the best at writing. Came off citalopram and modafinil ct about  13 months ago. Had delayed withdrawl came off end of Feb  middle of April withdrawl kicked in had cardiac arrest and been living in hell ever since. I take care of my father who is a disabled Vietnam veteran  and was building a self  sustainable homestead. Now It takes every ounce of energy I have just to take care of myself and father. Homestead is deteriorating and nature is taking it back. I have really bad fatigue and can barley get out of bed most days. This truly is the hardest thing I've ever went through in life 

2007 till 2020 prescribed citalopram 20mg first few years and then bumped up to 40mg cant remember exact time when moved up or why the dr wanted me to 

2016 started taking a specific brand of citalopram (amneal) as found out through trial and error. That when my pharmacy would switch brands caused ups and downs 

2016 started taking modafanil 100 mg to help ease the fatigue from citalopram. Ended up being perfect combo. Life was amazing and for first time in life was truly happy. Dad retired we moved to a small homestead and I started building my dream of a self sufficient homestead and taking care of dad. Life was good till one day I went to fill my prescription and they said amneal no longer makes citalopram. And your Dr has it to be brand specific. I called my dr and she said since we know other brands made me feel worse. And that since Life was going so well try without the meds.  No mention of withdrawl. That was end of Feb 2020 Was ok for about 2 months then had cardiac arrest and been living in withdrawal hell ever since 

Hi Greenjoe-- Welcome t SA. I'm sorry to hear that you are having these problems, but we are going to need a little more detail so we can work out a plan to help. This thread will by your home base at SA. It is for asking questions, discussing things, keeping records and making friends. 

You sent me a lengthy PM with a lot of information in it. If you would please copy and past it in a new post here we can start to get acquainted with your situation.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

How do we switch to the intro ? I'm not very good at writing. I'm going to copy and paste my post from the Celexa should be illegal group  so kind of can get caught up on my story. I'll paste it after this. My question is after 13 months off citalopram and modafinil. Things are getting worse and worse I have bad fatigue sleep like 22 hrs a day. And everything around me is getting neglected cuz I have no energy and just feel so depressed. I take care of my father who has heart disease and kidney disease  and can barley take care of him and me let alone the homestead he only has maybe another year to live. I feel like this withdrawal Is steeling the time I have left with him. I tried taking a modafinil again last week and everything went away felt amazing and had my energy back. I'm wondering if I should start taking it again and then try and ween off it after I get back to a more normal life and get to spend this time with my father before he is gone or what your opinion is after dealing with this kind of stuff much longer then me. The Facebook group makes it seem like any kind of reinstatement is horrible and should never do it but I have to do something life is getting worse and worse and I'll never get this time back with my father 

July 29th 2020

Ugh :( another feeling overwhelmed day. Got in. A fight with dad. The house we live in has a ton of maintenance issues. When we moved here 4 years ago the realtor told us we didn't need a inspection that the morgage company would not approve the loan if there was anything major and if there was anything small we could fix it ourselves. Well boy was that a bad advice. Up until this past February I never felt overwhelmed with it all. Fixed up alot and just kept working at it In February I went to go renew my prescription of citalopram and they told me they no longer make the brand that I took and I was prescribed as written with the amneal brand other brands would make me dizzy.and more anxiety. The amneal one made me feel ok.  My dr told me at the time you'll be fine and you'll just have to try being unmedicated for awhile as she didn't want. To prescribe me another brand if we knew it gave me bad side effects at the time I thought ok I can try being unmedicated after being on for 15 years. My dr knows best she never mentioned withdrawl at all. At first I was fine. Then come about may I woke up one morning started my day as normal ended up passing out landing on my face no idea how long I was out woke up in a pool of blood as I have fake teeth and they shattered and cut up my mouth and had a big gash in chin. Went to er they thought maybe i had cardiac arrest did a halter monitor for a month echocardiograph and found nothing. My primary care dr suggested maybe at the time could be from change in meds as citalopram can cause prolonged qt and heart beat rhythm issues first time herd anything about withdrawal from citalopram. After getting home from being in hospital I started having this overwhelmed feeling and started crying for no reason like when was working in garden. Found this group and has helped learned about withdrawal i think I'm starting to have some positive days. But then go back into the negative days. And am very irritable and get mad at my dad and yell at him which I don't want to do and makes me feel bad  I explained to him about withdrawal but I think he is starting to think what the hell happened to my son who used to be happy and and was fine.  Thank you everyone for letting me vent here and input on my situation if I had not found this group I probley would have thought I was loosing my mind

Edited by ChessieCat
increased font size

2007 till 2020 prescribed citalopram 20mg first few years and then bumped up to 40mg cant remember exact time when moved up or why the dr wanted me to 

2016 started taking a specific brand of citalopram (amneal) as found out through trial and error. That when my pharmacy would switch brands caused ups and downs 

2016 started taking modafanil 100 mg to help ease the fatigue from citalopram. Ended up being perfect combo. Life was amazing and for first time in life was truly happy. Dad retired we moved to a small homestead and I started building my dream of a self sufficient homestead and taking care of dad. Life was good till one day I went to fill my prescription and they said amneal no longer makes citalopram. And your Dr has it to be brand specific. I called my dr and she said since we know other brands made me feel worse. And that since Life was going so well try without the meds.  No mention of withdrawl. That was end of Feb 2020 Was ok for about 2 months then had cardiac arrest and been living in withdrawal hell ever since 

Hi Greenjoe-- it looks like we have the intro thread sorted, and thanks for adding the signature block it really helps.

One thing we need to clear up, your post says that you went to the ER for cardiac arrest but they didn't find anything, but your signature says you did. Passing out and falling can be a symptom of a CT so we need to understand exactly what happened.

So it appears that  you stopped taking the citalopram in February and have been having problems ever since. This would indicate that you are experiencing  withdrawal symptoms from abruptly stopping the medication. Is using the another brand of the citalopram totally off the table? I know it causes some problems for you, but they will probably not be anything compared to the WD symptoms of a CT. I'm thinking that a very small reinstatement, something in the 1mg range, might help take the edge off.

If the combination of citalopram and modafanil was working so well are you actually wanting to get off of the drugs or try to find some combination that will replace what was working?

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

I went to er after it happened then I had a holtar monitor and did lots of tests for heart they did not find anything. Only thing dr could come up with was possibly from the med changes. That caused my heart to have cardiac arrest.  And since then read on rxrisk.com that doing a CT can cause heart to stop.  I'm not sure if I want to get back on a different brand of citalopram after now learning so much about how horrible these drugs are on the body and I'm so terrified of reinstating after reading all the horror stories. I originally didn't want to come off and had no bad side effects. I guess I was thinking maybe start with trying just the modafanil but no idea if that will make things worse. It's such a hard situation to be in. Nothing brings me joy and all I feel is overwhelmed depressed and fatigued bad. 

Has any admins seen this I need help to figure things out 

Help!!! Why will no one answer me but everyone else is getting help on posts 

• 3 weeks later...

Why no help still ? :( I came to this site for help there's nothing else out there that knows about coming off these meds and the hell it causes. My quality of life has dropped dramatically since coming off 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and welcome to SA.  We are a peer owned and run forum of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  We apologize for not getting back to you sooner.  This site is run strictly by volunteers, and most of us are also still going through our withdrawal journey.  I'm sorry that you are going through this.  Unfortunately many, if not most, doctors are unaware of the terrible withdrawal symptoms that can occur from stopping these drugs.  The good news is, you can and will recover in time.  

Reading the horror stories online may not be the best idea.  Please keep in mind that everyone's situation is different, and some people may be speaking in hyperbole, that is, exaggerating.  A reinstatement may be helpful.  The fact that you are having some positive days is a very good sign.  It means your nervous system is healing.  

Did you go off your Citalopram cold turkey?  It sounds like you are currently off all psychiatric drugs.  Is that correct?  

This helps you understand what withdrawal syndrome is: 

What is Withdrawal Syndrome?

Here is some information about how these drugs actually work.  

How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain

When we recover, there are times of feeling OK mixed in with times of feeling bad.  This is called windows and waves.

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Here are some techniques to cope with symptoms: 

Non Drug Ways to Cope with Withdrawal Symptoms

We don't suggest many supplements, but 2 that many of us find helpful are magnesium and omega-3 fish oil. Here are the links for info about those. It is suggested to add one at a time, and start with a low dose to see how it affects you. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

Finally, increasing your dose, which we call reinstatement, is best done very carefully.  There is some risk involved.  Here is some information about reinstatement.  

About Reinstating and Stabilizing to Reduce Withdrawal Symptoms

I've given you quite a bit of information here.  Please read through it, and mull it over, and we will take it from there. In the meantime, take care of yourself, and take heart.  We in this forum have been through this, and we understand first hand the pain and discomfort you are going through.  Please know that the brain is amazing in it's healing abilities.  It takes time, but healing can and will happen. 

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Greenjoe04: New to group

Yes was cold turkey. They stoped making the brand of citalopram I was on (amneal)

I went one day to refill my prescription and pharmacy said sorry we can't get that anymore and your Dr has it written to be brand specific. I then called my dr and asked her she said since I was doing good might as well try being off them. Never mentioned withdrawl or anything. I was ok at first then about 2 months later had cardiac arrest and its been hell ever since. 

i even emailed the company out of desperation to see if they were going to make it again 161734580_170878638086250_8899476021640741915_n.thumb.jpg.93e4b7e42ee05c72593fb913bb452305.jpg

Perhaps you can ask for/obtain a list of ingredients and then compare to other brands to find the most similar.  This is what my ex ended up having to do for a cancer medication.  It took time, but it worked.

2012-present - Escitalopram currently 2.55 mg

Supplements:  Daytime- Green Lipped Mussel 1200mg, Omega-3s 1710mg, Wheat Germ Oil 770mg, Sodium Butyrate 1.2g, Phosphatidylcholine 2600mg, Multi-Min 2 tablets, Liposomal Glutathione 4 pumps, Probiotic 1 capsule, Beyond Balance herbal tinctures for lyme and gut healing (including one only taken during menstruation); Nighttime - L-theanine 200mg, melatonin 1mg, magnesium glycinate 400mg.

History:

2012-2017- Escitalopram 10mg

2017-2020 - Escitalopram 5mg

07/2019-11/2019 - Valium 10mg, every 2-3 days, then stopped

11/2020 - Stopped Escitalopram 5mg abruptly (crashed January 2021)

1/2021-12/2021 - Escitalopram Reinstated 2.5mg to 5 to 10 to 7.5 and then started slow taper

1/2021-2/2021 - Ativan .5mg - Took 13.5 pills over the course of 22 days and stopped

2/2021-9/2021  Hydroxyzine - 50-100mg tapering down to .8mg, then cross-tapered to Claritin and stopped

9/2021-9/2022 - Claritin 5 mg (tapered off)

• ChessieCat changed the title to Greenjoe04: citalopram and modafinil cold turkey

Crochet. Any idea how I'd find that info ? I don't know if would be good idea to try and reinstatement. Read so many people had bad experience with it 

I understand about reinstatement, I didn't realize you had been off for over a year.

Regarding the ingredients, you have to start with the brand you like and ask for the ingredient list.  Then you have to get the ingredients from other companies, often this is available on their website or over the phone and compare and contrast.  I was told their might even be an option on the phone for this when you call.  

I went off 5mg CT on November 1 and ended up reinstating in January due to a crash.  I'm still trying to stabilize.  I had no idea it was possible to feel this bad.  I'm so sorry for what you have been through.

2012-present - Escitalopram currently 2.55 mg

Supplements:  Daytime- Green Lipped Mussel 1200mg, Omega-3s 1710mg, Wheat Germ Oil 770mg, Sodium Butyrate 1.2g, Phosphatidylcholine 2600mg, Multi-Min 2 tablets, Liposomal Glutathione 4 pumps, Probiotic 1 capsule, Beyond Balance herbal tinctures for lyme and gut healing (including one only taken during menstruation); Nighttime - L-theanine 200mg, melatonin 1mg, magnesium glycinate 400mg.

History:

2012-2017- Escitalopram 10mg

2017-2020 - Escitalopram 5mg

07/2019-11/2019 - Valium 10mg, every 2-3 days, then stopped

11/2020 - Stopped Escitalopram 5mg abruptly (crashed January 2021)

1/2021-12/2021 - Escitalopram Reinstated 2.5mg to 5 to 10 to 7.5 and then started slow taper

1/2021-2/2021 - Ativan .5mg - Took 13.5 pills over the course of 22 days and stopped

2/2021-9/2021  Hydroxyzine - 50-100mg tapering down to .8mg, then cross-tapered to Claritin and stopped

9/2021-9/2022 - Claritin 5 mg (tapered off)

• Administrator

Please put your drug dosages in your signature.

Did you tell your doctor you got bad withdrawal symptoms? She is uninformed about withdrawal.

If I were you, I'd phone my doctor and ask for a prescription for generic liquid citalopram, NOT brand-specific. That was her mistake. Tell her you got bad withdrawal symptoms. Then, use an oral syringe and reinstate 1mg citalopram at the same time each day. After you stabilize, you'd taper off by tiny amounts later. Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Crochet: I'm sorry your going through the hell that these meds cause I hope you find some windows soon 

Altostrata: How do I edit my signature I used a link in another's post when first  set it up. I have told my dr she wants me to try a different antidepressant since the other brands of citalopram would make me dizzy looking back now though and from what i have learned it could have just been mini withdrawl from switching the different brands. She thinks it's my original depression  coming back not withdrawl.but this is way worse then I rember when I first got on then after a bad break up. I'm having way more symptoms then just depression I'm super fatigued and sleep like 20 hrs a day and never feel rested pretty much bed bound. Every little thing seems overwhelming. Im scared to reinstate a ssri and make things worse then they are now I can't handle any worse after living through this hell for over a  year. I thought maybe I'd try the modafanil as tolerated it well before. but no idea if that will make things worse either. Im pretty traumatized after reading all the reinstatement  horror stories I just want to be well again I miss my old self and old life so much 😪

• Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Chessiecat thank you 

• 1 month later...

Still no relief feeling horrible bad anxiety and feel like can't function am super fatigued and sleep all the time. I miss my old self and old life so much. Does this ever get better ? It only seems to be getting worse and worse 

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm very sorry to hear that you are feeling so badly.  It sounds like you may be in a wave.  Did you read the link I supplied previously about windows and waves?  A wave can be triggered by many things, change in the weather, intense exercise, change in supplements or diet, stress, etc.  I noticed it's been at least a month and a half between your prior 2 posts.  Were they any days during this time you felt some improvement?  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

Not really any improvement. Just been sleeping non stop was hoping I would feel better why waited till posted again but it just doesn't seem to be getting any better. I miss my old life and old self so much 

• Moderator Emeritus

unfortunately, some waves can last a long time.  Did you sleep too much before the drugs? 

I can't remember was on citalopram for 15 years it did make me tired why got on the modafanil 5 years ago 

Why does this have to happen? I feel like I lost my whole life :( I used to be happy and productive now I'm pretty much  bedbound and miserable can barley function 

What a sad way to end up :( and nothing helps. I hope I one day get better as of right now it seems pretty hopeless. After 16 months off I feel no better then I did when was at 4 months into this hell I keep trying to tell myself it will but it hasn't its such a test of endurance and I don't know if I can keep going like this I'm slowly loosing everything around me as I'm stuck in bed getting weaker and gaining weight on top of everything I also have cervical stenosis pushing on my spinal cord and lumbar stenosis can't bend over it used to be manageable now its getting worse and worse from laying in bed all the time.i don't know if before was easier to deal with since read ssris can mask pain and now that I'm off I feel it full force. But 16 months ago didn't bother me. I was happy and productive. Now I can't even get out of bed with out extreme exhaustion and fatigue. I miss my old life so so much now  I  just feel like im slowly dying. 

• Administrator

If your symptoms are withdrawal symptoms, a low-dose reinstatement may help.

Have you had a general check-up? Your symptoms may be due to something else, such as hypothyroidism or other medical condition. 

You also have a heavy burden of responsibility which in itself may be overwhelming and exhausting. Have you sought counseling for this? As a caregiver, you may need someone to fill in for you now and then, while you recharge.

Are you taking any other drugs now?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you for responding means alot. I am off everything as of right now.i have had check ups and everything is fine. Last spring when my heart stopped and I fell and landed on my face Is when I got the cervical stenosis from a disk bulg In my neck and I'm just now getting to having it all figured out cuz if covid and having to wait for stuff to open back up. My arms go numb and tingly down to my hands and I lost dexterity.  I also have been googling it and I guess it can cause ms like symptoms as well so I have no idea if that is the cause of some of the issues with fatigue  as well. I just feel like I have no idea what's causing what. this has been such a test of endurance and I'm getting weary of it after 16 months with no improvement it just seems like im a broken lost cause  I definitely have anticipatory grief for my father who I'm taking care of 

• Mentor

Hi Greenjoe04,   I' my really  sorry  you are in such pain.  I know you may feel alone and scared.  You are not alone and you have support  here.  Did you ever look into matching ingredients  like @Crochet  suggested.   It can seem very over whelping to do all the investigation do it, but with the mods advise it might be worth it.  I had my Pharmacist look through  the different brands (manufacturers) they carried to match as close as they could to the one that I had been using (they did not carry  any more).  I am very sensitive  to different  manufacturers  also.  She was very helpful. There is so much information  here on the SA.  Educated yourself, learn about what is happening to you,  how the drugs work in your body, what you can do to help take the power back in your  hands.  Read the threads on symptoms and  self care.  It  helped me read that  other people were experiencing  the same weird and scary withdrawal symptoms that I am having and that they were typical for withdrawal. .  I didn't feel so scared and alone.  They also share good coping skills.  Please read  through  the success  stories.  

You are strong.  Look how long you have been plowing through this. You can take control and get through.

I'm from Mn also

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

Greatful. Thank you for the reply. I don't feel strong I feel like I've lost my mind and my life as I once knew it. I have no idea of reinstatement will be a good idea or not and I'm terrified of making things worse im barley getting by as is I could not handle worse 

• Mentor

O man I feel your pain.  I had a few days were I felt some hope.  I woke up yesterday the depression started creeping in.  Today my head feels like it is going to explode and I  have panic mixed with depression. 

We have to tell ourselves that things will get better.  Have you had any windows, even slight ones? 

I could tell you my story, but if your are interested you can check out my introduction.  I do know these meds can sure make a mess out of our brains.  I have been on drugs for  a little over 20 years.  I can't even say they helped much.  I tried to go off a few times but would crash, so I would start again.  Now I know it was withdrawal.  It is true that the doctors don't question if it is the drugs that are making you sicker and they keep adding more on.  Somehow I have to finish getting off of Lexapro, Lamictal, Trazodone, and xanax.  I am on small doses of all of them.  I know what you mean when you say you are afraid to make any changes.  I  hope to start decreasing Lexapro July 1.  Two days ago I felt scared about it and now today I am terrified. 

Can you get outside in for awhile.  It helps me not feel so closed in. Listen to the birds and the wind in the trees.  It may sound cheesy but we need to do what ever it takes to make it through the day, and be one day closer to being healed.

Write back and rant if you want.  We all need to support each other and help out in anyway that we can.

We can do this, the success stories tell us it is possible.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Grateful. Thank you :] for the reply what is your story if I may ask ? It's very fascinating how these drugs effect everyone so different. I try and get outside but it makes me sad I live on a homestead. Sadly one of my guinea fowl got run over yesterday from going in road.   I also have back and neck issues so cant do alot of the physical labor anymore I think that might be part of my depression as well knowing even if I heal from this ssri hell I'm still never going to get my old life back that I enjoyed. 

• Mentor

@Greenjoe04I am very tech challenged and I am still learning my way around here.  That being said, I think you go to the search bar at the top right and type in Greatful.  My intro   Is this withdrawal or to many med changes at once.  Read through the whole thing.  I didn't tell to much of my history in my first post.  I talked about it a little more farther down.  If you want to follow my thread you click follow at the top right 

How is the rest of your day going.  I had a few melt downs.  The desperation and hopelessness can get so over whelming at times.  I get into the spiral that this will never get better.  I try tell myself just get through today.  Easier said than done, but keep doing it anyway.  My husband reminded me the other day ups and downs mean your brain is healiing.

Go to symptoms and self care.  Scroll down to find " What is happening in your brain "   by Altrostrata  Dec. 26 2015  It is written by a women telling her experience withdrawing from a benzo.  She explain what is going on in your brain when it is trying to heal.  

Let me know if you find it.  Maybe it can give you a little encouragement to keep going forward.

Hang in there

We will get better.  There is no other way to go but forward. Each day is a day done with this nightmare and closer to feeling better...

• Mentor

@Greenjoe04How are you doing?  I haven't heard from you.  You were having such a hard time last week, any improvements?

Thank you for checking in with me. Been having a ruff week just been sleeping alot .no improvements I wish I had 

• Mentor

@Greenjoe04I am sorry to hear that.  It is good that you can sleep.  I can't sleep good during the day.  Maybe drift off slightly.  

I do feel your pain.  Remember you are not alone and people care about you...

Please take care and be patient with yourself

Thank you. I hope you feel better soon as well no one should have to go through the hell these meds cause