Blue99: Cold turkey 10 months

Blue99

Hi everyone, 

I took cipralex since 2019 november till 2020 June, I also took xanax sr and stilnox during this time, I stopped all medicine In 2020 June and since then I am in withdraval, the first months were horrible I tought I would die and felt so bad that I have no idea how I over came it, after that the windows and waves started In alignment with my period that was maybe back In november or october, it somehow mellowed out but It’s still not okay, my memory is horrible really I dont really remember a lot from these months, my main problem now is that I need to make some decisions but I really dont feel like myself and I cant trust my judgment, I am also scared that If I wont make the right decision  I will put myself In danger,  if I am under stress my attention and everything else just gets worse with symptoms too, and I am very easily swayed by everybody, if somebody says something I cant think critically at all, and there were moments where I spoke with someone on the phone and he almost made me do something very stupid which I would never do, I need hours to calm down if I get stressed and just to get back to my original withdraval state, I would like to ask if maybe somebody could help me to how make these decisons or If maybe someone could think more clearly then me, I dont know anyway I am sorry if this is not the right place for it pls feel free to delete my post, I am just hopeless 

2019 frisium June - 2019 December

2019 xanax 0,5 - 2020 June periodically I dont remember the exact number I took, but I only took a few

2019 cipralex end of November for 2 weeks I slowly started it, by the end of December I took 20 mg - till 2020 June I took 20 mg,  stopped on May 31 

2020 February Xanax Sr 1 mg 2020 start of february - 2020 end of May 

2019 December stilnox 5-10 mg -

2020 January I took 10 mg all month, 2020 February - 2020 end of May I took it periodically 

supplements: c vitamin 500 mg, chewable multivitamin gummies, D vitamin I only take these sometimes 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and welcome to SA.  We are a peer owned and run forum of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  I'm sorry that you are in this situation.  These drugs are powerful, and they make changes to our nervous system.  That is why we do not suggest going off cold turkey, or fast tapering.  We suggest a very gradual taper of 10% of the current dose.  

Why Taper by 10% of my Dosage  

You say "I would like to ask if maybe somebody could help me to how make these decisons or If maybe someone could think more clearly then me".  We could possibly help you by giving you information so you can make informed decisions about the psych meds. For other decisions we suggest you find a qualified therapist.  That is outside the scope of this forum, which is to help people get off of psychiatric drugs. 

Can you please give us specific information about your drug history?  Please read the link below for instructions.  This will allow us to give you the best guidance.  

How to List Drug History in Signature

This helps you understand what withdrawal syndrome is: 

What is Withdrawal Syndrome?

Here is some information about how these drugs actually work.  

How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain

Also, as we are tapering, we suggest keeping things slow, simple, and stable. 

Keep it Simple, Slow, and Stable

This tells more about symptoms of withdrawal: 

Symptoms of Withdrawal

Here are some techniques to cope with symptoms: 

Non Drug Ways to Cope with Withdrawal Symptoms

It's a good thing you are now experiencing windows and waves.  That suggests that your system is healing.  

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

We don't suggest many supplements, but 3 that many of us find helpful are magnesium, omega-3, and melatonin. Here are the links for info about those. It is suggested to add one at a time, and start with a low dose to see how it affects you. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

Melatonin

I've given you quite a bit of information here.  Please read through it, and mull it over, and we will take it from there. In the meantime, take care of yourself, and take heart.  We in this forum have been through this, and we understand first hand the pain and discomfort you are going through.  Please know that the brain is amazing in it's healing abilities.  It takes time, but healing can and will happen. 

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• getofflex changed the title to Blue99: Cold turkey 10 months

Hello,

Thank you so much for replying back to me, I read about this page when I started going cold turkey but didnt think that I would have any problems, altough it was bad, I am worried about getting the covid vaccine thats my decision that I have to make and before this I would have known the answer but at this moment I have a bad feeling with it and I just don’t know, I am worried about it, 

2019 xanax 0,5 - 2020 June periodically I dont remember the exact number I took, but I only took a few

2019 cipralex end of November for 2 weeks I slowly started it, by the end of December I took 20 mg - till 2020 June I took 20 mg,  stopped on May 31 

2020 January I took 10 mg all month, 2020 February - 2020 end of May I took it periodically 

supplements: c vitamin 500 mg, chewable multivitamin gummies, D vitamin I only take these sometimes 

I have the same concern and am following. Thanks for posting.

On many different psychotropic cocktails for over 30 years, but most recently:

600mg Gabapentin, 300mg Lamictal, 30mg lexapro, and 7.5mg Mirtazapine. I weaned off of each seperately, the total time it took me to wean off of all of them was around four months, and waited between 1-2 weeks in between each taper.  I am currently not taking any psychotropic meds. I take synthroid for stabilizing my thyroid function. I also forgot to mention that I had four rounds of TMS, which was wonderfully effective for around 4 months each time, but then stopped helping. It is also exorbitant, and I still have a few thousand dollars worth of medical debt. 

Thank you  too:)

• Moderator Emeritus

@Blue99because you cold turkeyed off of several drugs not too long ago, your system is probably sensitized and working very hard to heal itself.  The good news is that you are having windows and waves, and it sounds like overall you are feeling better than when you first CT'ed.  You are wise to be concerned about taking the COVID19 vaccine.  When our systems are sensitized like this, adding other drugs, vaccines, supplements, etc can throw our system out of whack even more, and cause more WD symptoms.  Here are some links that will explain all this in detail:  

Cold Turkey

Also, if you read the posts before and after this, there is lots of good information about what happens when we go off these drugs, and how long withdrawal may take.  Hang in there, and take care of yourself.  Some of the non drug coping techniques have been very helpful for us - perhaps they can help you, too.  The link is in my prior post.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly