SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Phoenixmama: cold turkey after 3 weeks on Celexa

Phoenixmama

You have nothing to be embarrassed about nor guilty.  Don’t get me started on who should feel guilty. Or mortified. Or afraid to show their faces.

Yes, the memory problem will improve.  Everything will improve.   You will have to operate differently for a while.  I had to stop cooking for a while.  You should stay with the food in the kitchen if you can.  If not, turn it off.  Not only was I forgetful, I was confused, and I burned myself or cut myself — not badly — and I had to modify how I prepared food.  Now, I’m fine.  I have figured out that there are signs of being likely to have difficulties, and I don’t try to cook big meal or complicated recipes.  

An instapot makes everything easier.  A food processor for chopping food helps.  Frozen vegetables are chopped for you.  Knives have to be sharp as they as less dangerous that way because there is less resistance and less pressure needed to use them.  I had to accept that my usual way of doing thing had to be put on hold.

For melatonin:

You could keep daily notes for yourself (just like people who reinstate) in order to determine how the melatonin is affecting you.  The mods won’t help you with that, but you can see the patterns for yourself.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

@Rosetta once again you put strength in me to push through and keep on going another day , thank you 

last night i took a little less melatonin and i slept fine 

2021:  started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

i think i had a 4 day window , saturday , no symptoms felt like myself , went to the santa cruz beach board walk with 3 kids under age of 9 and the boyfriend , it was super hot and a lot going on.. i really thought i was going to fall into a bad wave the next day . that night i slept like a log without melatonin , woke up sunday morning fine... got up and went to the flea market with 4 kids this and the boyfriend and it was super hot too , was almost for sure this time i was going to fall into a bad wave but nope i didnt, also slept like a log again was so tired i forgot to take my melatonin.... woke up monday went to work no symptoms for the whole day and night  , tuesday woke up fine no symptoms until around 3pm which very mild off feeling, slept good , woke up wednsday morning still felt good until i got to work and im noticing some off ness like dizzy , and like anxiety is going to start but it fades within mins .. i am so scared to report these good days because i dont wanna jinx myself but i thought id report something positive for once.... im so scared that everything will come back full force and blindside me 

on my days with no symptoms its was beautiful , i had my normal energy back , i could handle all the kids screaming and talking like normal kids , i was into doing stuff with them , i didnt have anxiety so i wasnt rushing them.... i guess this is my first true window , and i feel blessed and will not forget it 

I MADE 15 WEEKS THIS PAST SUNDAY JUNE13TH 2021 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

Congratulations on your pure window. Seeming mine soon. 

2018 - Zoloft for 5 days then CT due to severe nausea , no severe withdrawals and no adverse reaction.

OCT 2020- vitamin D (5000iu) -which I know now is too high dosage and looking back it now I realize it was causing mood issues, which led me to search for ADs.

2021 - Paxil 3 days  (Feb 16,17,18)CT due to severe nausea ( side note day of CT I got my second dose of covid 19 vaccine which could have further destabilized my CNS) then 4 weeks later severe adverse reaction that included every single WD symptom on here.

2021- month out ( April 05, 07)not knowing what was going on went to ER twice and was placed on hydroxyzine and Reglan (anti-nausea) ( which I know now affects serotonin levels also) nothing helped.

Then went to two different psychiatrists one who referred me to GI for the nausea denying Paxil had anything to do with my symptoms, the second one prescribed me Buspirone Klonopin, and Trazadone ( I refused to take neither , thank God) I had feeling it still was the Paxil.

April 30th -CT everything Bc nothing was helping and miraculously found this website SA and saw every symptom I was going through.

Currently no drugs, only fish oil in the evenings. !!! 

the whole time i was in the window i didnt forget about withdraw i didnt get too excited i didnt allow myself to believe that withdraw was gone... i kept it simple and just felt blessed for every hour that i stood in that window 

currently taking mag

@Paxil3days yes yours is coming my dear friend ❤️ 

currently taking mag

Are you still in your wonderful window ? 

2018 - Zoloft for 5 days then CT due to severe nausea , no severe withdrawals and no adverse reaction.

OCT 2020- vitamin D (5000iu) -which I know now is too high dosage and looking back it now I realize it was causing mood issues, which led me to search for ADs.

2021 - Paxil 3 days  (Feb 16,17,18)CT due to severe nausea ( side note day of CT I got my second dose of covid 19 vaccine which could have further destabilized my CNS) then 4 weeks later severe adverse reaction that included every single WD symptom on here.

2021- month out ( April 05, 07)not knowing what was going on went to ER twice and was placed on hydroxyzine and Reglan (anti-nausea) ( which I know now affects serotonin levels also) nothing helped.

Then went to two different psychiatrists one who referred me to GI for the nausea denying Paxil had anything to do with my symptoms, the second one prescribed me Buspirone Klonopin, and Trazadone ( I refused to take neither , thank God) I had feeling it still was the Paxil.

April 30th -CT everything Bc nothing was helping and miraculously found this website SA and saw every symptom I was going through.

whats crazy is i was dealing with ant flo through this window... 

i also changed my diet , eating anti inflammatory food , so maybe thats helping me 

currently taking mag

Yes diet change helps . I just wish I can get a no symptoms four day window. 

@Paxil3days im not sure , i do feel some symptoms creeping in like i feel off in the head maybe a little dizzy and some light pain in my head here and there , but not the heavy emotional thing or fear that i usually have... fingers crossed its not too bad when it arrives 

currently taking mag

@Paxil3days you will ❤️ when i was in my window i thought of you guys on sa

currently taking mag

I think the beautiful thing is that you can finally see the windows exist  and more to come. 

@Paxil3days yes thats true and my bf said the same thing..... so we cant give up , well for us we cant lose hope , we are healing and getting closer to freedom 

currently taking mag

Yes closer. Just horrible how these drugs are still prescribed. That’s devastating. 

@Paxil3days yes im still shocked about it , and hows theres no help for people in this withdraw 

currently taking mag

I liked your idea of having meetups that would be helpful for folks . Maybe on zoom or something .

@Paxil3days yes , i think the connection between people who are in withdraw helps a lot with us feeling better 

currently taking mag

Yea and bc we actually feel and know how it feels. 

Wow!  That was a long window.  Super!

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

@Rosetta is it possible??? Have you heard of it for a first window ? 

currently taking mag

@Rosetta could this mean I’m healing ?

currently taking mag

Of course, it means you are healing!  It’s great!  I don’t think it’s unusual for a first window.  There are often wide swings back and forth in the beginning.  I had them.  As you go along, the swings will become less pronounced until you oscillate less intensely.  

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

Yay 🙏🏼☺️

currently taking mag

Hi I was reading in one of your posts that you couldn’t drink any @Rosettaalcohol, since I’ve been suffering with what I think is withdrawal I can’t even have a month full of beer without it sending me in to a massive wave the next day, 

I used to drink quite a bit so I found it very strange, but you seem to have the same problem, r u still going through withdrawal .? Be nice if you could let me know so I know it’s not just me.

reagards mark

25 years on Prozac 20mg

Quit Cold turkey March 2020

had severe withdrawals so reinstated 20mg November 2020

went up to 30 mg February 2021

went on .5 mg risperidone March 2021

still having withdrawal symptoms currently takin 30mg Prozac 

and .5mg risperidone 

25 years on Prozac 20mg

Quit Cold turkey March 2020

had severe withdrawals so reinstated 20mg November 2020

went up to 30 mg February 2021

went on .5 mg risperidone March 2021

still having withdrawal symptoms currently takin 30mg Prozac 

and .5mg risperidone 

14 hours ago, Mark88 said:

Hi I was reading in one of your posts that you couldn’t drink any @Rosettaalcohol, since I’ve been suffering with what I think is withdrawal I can’t even have a month full of beer without it sending me in to a massive wave the next day, 

I used to drink quite a bit so I found it very strange, but you seem to have the same problem, r u still going through withdrawal .? Be nice if you could let me know so I know it’s not just me.

reagards mark

@Mark88, I am about 2.5 months in [what I presume is] delayed WD, and I cannot tolerate even a glass of wine either. Last week I felt unexpectedly good and I enjoyed a glass of wine at dinner for a few days. Goodness, I wish I haven't done that, as the next days have been getting gradually worse. It is so weird, I used to be able to drink alcohol without a problem (not abusing it). What is happening to my brain and body? So as @Rosetta recommended, I am not going to have any alcohol for the time being. Preferably at least until I recover [however long that may take]. 

@Phoenixmama, I have been following your story for a while. Glad that you are finally getting some longer windows! Isn't it crazy how our lives can be drastically changed by such a short time on these drugs? And our doctors will never admit this. Praying for your full and quick recovery!

My thread: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24990-surviving82-my-story-wd-from-antidepressants-please-help/

2016-2017: sertraline for approx. 1.5 years for anxiety and OCD outbreak following birth of my son (all the way from 2mg to 200mg), rapid tapered from 150mg for about 6 weeks without issues. Approximately 2 years psych drug free.

Nov 2019 - Feb 2020: fluvoxamine to prevent anxiety/OCD outbreak following birth of my daughter. Had to go off due to constant somnolence.

Feb 2020 - Dec 2020: started escitalopram while rapid tapering fluvoxamine. After 9 months decided to get off due to weight gain, rapid tapered from [I think] 15mg for about 6 weeks without immediate issues.

March-April 2021: started excessive strenuous exercise and dieting regimen for weight loss. Was doing great (or so I thought) for 3 weeks until early April 2021 when out of nowhere massive panic attacks, other dysautonomia symptoms. AWFUL CRASH.   

Mid-April 2021: fluoxetine 10mg for 1 week then 20mg for 1 week. Massive side effects, suicidality. Was told to go CT. Side effects gradually started resolving.

Mid-Late May 2021: sertraline for 11 days, fine at low doses but same side effects as prozac at 25 to 50mg. Was told to either drop CT or hold at 1/4 of a 25mg pill. 

April-May 2021: trazodone 50mg PRN for sleep. Do not take every day, the only side effect I noticed is dry mouth.

June 8, 2021: stopped all psych meds. Truing to trust that with God's help, my body will heal on its own. 

September 9, 2021: reinstated escitalopram 1mg. Gradually worked up to 2.5mg by September 30. Reinstatement seems to be helping!

Other: Hashimoto thyroiditis for 11 years (on levothyroxine varying doses, between 88mcg and 125mcg), history of anxiety/GAD including health anxiety, OCD. History of autonomic dysfunction (migraines, vasovagal episodes).

@Surviving82 thank you , and yes im still blown away by the short time on it and still got caught up in all this , its traumatizing.. i havent even went to my doctor with any of my symptoms in withdraw , the day i told her i didnt want to take celexa anymore because of all the crippling side effects she then told me to simply stop taking it and just incase she'll put a rx in for another ssri called cymbalta just incase i wanted to try another one lol after the fact that i told her i didnt want anything to do with ssri's... to me its like she new withdraws would hit and id be reaching for something because my "original symptoms " have returned and getting much worse lol I will forever be in debt to SA for saving my life , because without them id think i needed to try another one ssri because my symptoms got worse lol

currently taking mag

48 minutes ago, Phoenixmama said:

@Surviving82 thank you , and yes im still blown away by the short time on it and still got caught up in all this , its traumatizing.. i havent even went to my doctor with any of my symptoms in withdraw , the day i told her i didnt want to take celexa anymore because of all the crippling side effects she then told me to simply stop taking it and just incase she'll put a rx in for another ssri called cymbalta just incase i wanted to try another one lol after the fact that i told her i didnt want anything to do with ssri's... to me its like she new withdraws would hit and id be reaching for something because my "original symptoms " have returned and getting much worse lol I will forever be in debt to SA for saving my life , because without them id think i needed to try another one ssri because my symptoms got worse lol

@Phoenixmama, unfortunately this is what the doctors typically say. I was around to many doctors since all this started (I have hypochondria, so until recently I was convinced that I had some sort of undiagnosed terrible disease), and they haven't found anything. My psychiatrist rejected the idea that I am in WD and said that these are my original symptoms returning. You are better off staying away from the doctors completely. The only thing you can get from them is more meds. 

How are you doing today? I know you've had a good window recently, is it still going?

My thread: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24990-surviving82-my-story-wd-from-antidepressants-please-help/

2016-2017: sertraline for approx. 1.5 years for anxiety and OCD outbreak following birth of my son (all the way from 2mg to 200mg), rapid tapered from 150mg for about 6 weeks without issues. Approximately 2 years psych drug free.

Nov 2019 - Feb 2020: fluvoxamine to prevent anxiety/OCD outbreak following birth of my daughter. Had to go off due to constant somnolence.

Feb 2020 - Dec 2020: started escitalopram while rapid tapering fluvoxamine. After 9 months decided to get off due to weight gain, rapid tapered from [I think] 15mg for about 6 weeks without immediate issues.

March-April 2021: started excessive strenuous exercise and dieting regimen for weight loss. Was doing great (or so I thought) for 3 weeks until early April 2021 when out of nowhere massive panic attacks, other dysautonomia symptoms. AWFUL CRASH.   

Mid-April 2021: fluoxetine 10mg for 1 week then 20mg for 1 week. Massive side effects, suicidality. Was told to go CT. Side effects gradually started resolving.

Mid-Late May 2021: sertraline for 11 days, fine at low doses but same side effects as prozac at 25 to 50mg. Was told to either drop CT or hold at 1/4 of a 25mg pill. 

April-May 2021: trazodone 50mg PRN for sleep. Do not take every day, the only side effect I noticed is dry mouth.

June 8, 2021: stopped all psych meds. Truing to trust that with God's help, my body will heal on its own. 

September 9, 2021: reinstated escitalopram 1mg. Gradually worked up to 2.5mg by September 30. Reinstatement seems to be helping!

Other: Hashimoto thyroiditis for 11 years (on levothyroxine varying doses, between 88mcg and 125mcg), history of anxiety/GAD including health anxiety, OCD. History of autonomic dysfunction (migraines, vasovagal episodes).

@Surviving82 my window lasted till tuesday night or evening , i started to get light symptoms like feeling woozy on and off and light anxiety but not the high fear doom sad scared feelings that would peak that would send me to sa in search of comfort and recue , today i feel off here and there but i am at work and this place makes my symptoms worse for some reason , i haven't cried this week at all and that's the first in withdraw for me... i'm praying for a good weekend 

currently taking mag

@Phoenixmama Oh please don't try cymbalta. I've heard horrendous stories about it. I even came across articles of awful things that happened during the trials and they tried to bury it.

37.9 Effexor March to end of November 2020 C/T (no withdrawal that i could see as of end of January)

2 doses effexor 37.9 late January 2021 (BP/HR went through the roof)

Propranolol 15mg whole month February C/T 

Buspar 10mg TID 4 weeks early March CT

Reinstate early April due to withdrawal Tapered down somewhat fast to 5mg Twice a day Started 5mg once a day April 22. April 28 was last dose. Somewhere between April 22 and 28 had one dose of Effexor (deathly sick) Multiple antibiotics and a couple Diflucan in those times and Pravastatin.

June started taking Magnesium, fishoil,melatonin Only taking those now

@Phoenixmama and it seems like your doing pretty good! 😊dont fall down that rabbit hole again

37.9 Effexor March to end of November 2020 C/T (no withdrawal that i could see as of end of January)

2 doses effexor 37.9 late January 2021 (BP/HR went through the roof)

Propranolol 15mg whole month February C/T 

Buspar 10mg TID 4 weeks early March CT

Reinstate early April due to withdrawal Tapered down somewhat fast to 5mg Twice a day Started 5mg once a day April 22. April 28 was last dose. Somewhere between April 22 and 28 had one dose of Effexor (deathly sick) Multiple antibiotics and a couple Diflucan in those times and Pravastatin.

June started taking Magnesium, fishoil,melatonin Only taking those now

Hi.  How are you doing?  I hope you got some rest this weekend.

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

I’m ok ,weekend was good not a window like last weekend , I had symptoms but they were light... little more tired too... and I ate some bad stuff well not a lot but things like chips and a ice cream , today I woke up in a sad funk and feel tired , I have the day off so I’m just laying in bed thinking of all the stuff I should and could be doing but I’m going to listen to my body and relax , the thing that stresses me the most is food , I would love to drink something other then water , and eat something special ... how are you @rosetta 

currently taking mag

@Mamabear1984 I will never try any ssri again ever , specially if you never know if your going to have adverse reactions , if I knew that  could possibly happen when she prescribed celexa to me I wouldn’t have even filled the rx , I’m the type of person that is so sensitive to even vitamins and she knew that ... but as I was complaining of all the horrific side affect in the beginning days taking it she keep insisting it was normal , I should have known , the light flashes and trembling body were not normal not to mention the pale face and feeling like I’ve been poisoned I should have stopped right away but I trusted she knew what she was doing. But she is only a general doctor 😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫 

currently taking mag

Ok so a wave has been creeping in so slowly and has now entered the building , I slowly started to feel sad , fear and doom  and a little panic , I’m noticing health anxiety and woozy , is this wd or not? Is something other then wd wrong with me ??? Am I going to all the sudden die , omg I didn’t miss this , but I realize this is healing and have to remain calm and remember my beautiful window... I feel a detached feeling as well 

currently taking mag

Sorry you are feeling this way, but yes, this is normal for post-WD.  The doom feeling is very difficult, I know.  Rosetta

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017