runningthestreets: Searching for help. Anafranil tapered too fast (Clomipramine) 75. Also taked 1 mg of lorazepam and tapered to 0.5 mg

runningthestreets

runningthestreets

2.00 p.m. take 18.75 anaframil

2.30 p.m. anxious

3.00 - 5.00 p.m. calm, sleepy, fatigue

5.27 p.m. awake, with energy

7.30 p.m. A bit anxious

8.54 p.m. nervous but without anxiety

10.07 p.m. light left eye twitching

11.10 p.m. anxious

11.50 p.m dinner

00.24 a.m. calmed

2.20 a.m. a bit anxious

2.22 a.m. take 0.5 mg of lorazepam

4.01 a.m. calmed/ sleepy. Going to bed

4.20 a.m. sleep

12.00 p.m. wake up

12.00- 1.40 p.m. half sleep

2020 Oct 2 75 mg anafranil and 1mg lorazepam 
2020 December reduced to  3I4 of lorazepam, and then to half of the pill of Lorazepam in december and stay in that dosis because i couldnt go to 0.25 mg
2021 Jan 26 to Feb 17 fast tapered Anafranil 37.5 mg
2021 Feb 17 of 2021 (fast tapered again) 18.75 mg of Anafranil, alternating days without it (one day yes other not)

I experienced a lot of symptoms of withdrawal through the process

2021  I stabilized in 18.75 mg of Anafranil in March 1 until now but without alternate because my father who is doctor recommended it and later I found this page in March 20 that clarify my situation.

I stabilized in 0.5 mg of lorazepam too because I couldnt taper to 0.25 mg for withdrawal symptoms. Now I decide to quit off this drugs little by little.

runningthestreets
On 7/23/2021 at 8:34 PM, Frogie said:

Hi,

Have you thought about perhaps taking your lorazepam in smaller doses through the day? Is seems you’re calmer after you take it. Maybe take 1/2 your dose morning and 1/2 your dose night?

If you would like to change times and perhaps spilt your dosage let me know. I’d be happy to help you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hello Frogie,

For sure, let me know how i can do that please. I think it would be great for my future.

Thank you very much

2020 December reduced to  3I4 of lorazepam, and then to half of the pill of Lorazepam in december and stay in that dosis because i couldnt go to 0.25 mg
2021 Feb 17 of 2021 (fast tapered again) 18.75 mg of Anafranil, alternating days without it (one day yes other not)

2021  I stabilized in 18.75 mg of Anafranil in March 1 until now but without alternate because my father who is doctor recommended it and later I found this page in March 20 that clarify my situation.

I stabilized in 0.5 mg of lorazepam too because I couldnt taper to 0.25 mg for withdrawal symptoms. Now I decide to quit off this drugs little by little.

• Mentor

I would split your dose in 1/2. Take 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night. But start out taking the 1/2 you want to get to morning by moving it an hour each day until you get to the correct time. So, if you would like to take it at 7 am and usually you take the whole dose at 7 pm (just an example), you would take the 1/2 dose at 6 pm. The next day 5 pm, until you reach the 7 am? Does that make sense? Or how long have you been taking it at night? You might be able to just split it 1/2 mornings and 1/2 evening without having to move it by one hour each day if it hasn’t been long. You could take it at maybe 7 am and 7 pm, or what time works best for you. But it needs to be consistent.

I hope I could help you and it makes sense to you.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need more help. I’ll be glad to help you.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal and Prilosec from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Calcium

Xanax 1mg three times a day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) three times a day to .003 grams three times a day.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional. The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• 1 month later...
runningthestreets

Hello, I am doing well and I think I am stabilising. When do you think I could low my dose 10%? Would it be better to wait more?

Thanks

@Altostrata

• Administrator
Altostrata

Thanks for the good news, @runningthestreets 

What drugs are you taking now, at what times o'clock and dosages?

How long have you been stable? What does this mean to you?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

runningthestreets
1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Thanks for the good news, @runningthestreets 

What drugs are you taking now, at what times o'clock and dosages?

How long have you been stable? What does this mean to you?

I am taking 18.75 mg of clomipramine at 2 p.m. every day. Then, the dosis of Lorazepam would be distributed in two next week so now I have been taking 0.5 mg of lorazepam at night, (00.00 a.m.).

I think I am stable since july or so. To me stabilisation means good sleep, without crying spells during the day, zero cortisol spikes at the morning, zero tinnitus, anxiety more equilibrated, waves with less suffering, zero brain zaps, less mood disorders or much more light, zero dizziness or lighter (in my case i got dizzines in july and no more).

I think I got bad moments too, with anxiety, because my Pure O, but all my life I had them so I think isnt linked with withdrawal and its part of "me".

To me the worst part at the moment its to not feeling nothing, feel drugged all the time and the experience of anhedonia that this bring to me. This leads me to suicidal thoughts, because I dont feel like myself and I dont want to be drugged with meds that didnt make any good to me.

@Altostrata

• Administrator
Altostrata
2 hours ago, runningthestreets said:

Then, the dosis of Lorazepam would be distributed in two next week so now I have been taking 0.5 mg of lorazepam at night, (00.00 a.m.).

What does this mean?

2 hours ago, runningthestreets said:

To me the worst part at the moment its to not feeling nothing, feel drugged all the time and the experience of anhedonia that this bring to me.

These are typical effects of the drugs you're taking. Are they worse at any particular times of day?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

runningthestreets
On 9/15/2021 at 1:47 AM, Altostrata said:

What does this mean?

It means that I will take 2 dosis of 0.25 mg like Frogie recommend me, instead of a dosis of 0.50 mg at night. This will help me with anxiety around the day.

On 9/15/2021 at 1:47 AM, Altostrata said:

These are typical effects of the drugs you're taking. Are they worse at any particular times of day?

I think that they are worse in the morning and then, at night, they are less noticeable.

@Altostrata

• Administrator
Altostrata

Why do you take clomipramine at 2 p.m. and not another time? How do you feel before and after you take it?

Dulling emotions is a common effect of both antidepressants and benzos. It's how they "work".

runningthestreets
On 9/17/2021 at 8:59 PM, Altostrata said:

Why do you take clomipramine at 2 p.m. and not another time? How do you feel before and after you take it?

Dulling emotions is a common effect of both antidepressants and benzos. It's how they "work".

I take it at 2 p.m. because I feel agitated after taking it.

I feel a bit anxious, nervous, agitated when I take it. Then, I feel better.

Yes, I see. It's very weird! 😢

So, When do you think Its secure to low my dose 10%? 

Thank you! ❤

@Altostrata

• Administrator
4 hours ago, runningthestreets said:

I take it at 2 p.m. because I feel agitated after taking it.

I feel a bit anxious, nervous, agitated when I take it. Then, I feel better.

How long does this reaction last? When did this reaction first appear?

It indicates you are taking too much clomipramine.