Happierdaysahead: 5 years of hell

Happierdaysahead

I have a difficult time remembering the details because it's been so long and my memory is terrible. In 2016 I stopped wellbutrin because it stopped working. A few days later I couldn't sleep and had thoughts of wanting to die and my mind playing tricks on me constantly. That was five years ago and I still have issues remembering anything, and my depression is constant, although the suicidal thoughts seem to have gone away for the most part. After being this low for this long I can't believe that it will get better. 

• Altostrata changed the title to Happierdaysahead 5 years of hell
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Happierdaysahead

I am sorry you're going through this. Another member, @Hellbutrin, has had a similar experience. Have you had any surgery or other drug treatment since you went off Wellbutrin?

Usually, we see protracted withdrawal syndrome very gradually resolves. It sounds like you are suffering a great deal of mental distress. Are you seeing psychotherapist?

I fear your problems may be beyond what we do to help you with peer support.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Happierdaysahead: 5 years of hell