Catwoman35: withdrawal or relapse?

Catwoman35

• Administrator

Increasing tolerance is a natural outcome of taking psychotropics.

@Frogie, would you help with this schedule:

17 hours ago, Catwoman35 said:

7.30am or 8am - 7.5 oxazepam

9am- 25 sertraline

2pm- 7.5mg oxazepam

10pm- 7.5mg oxazepam (on few occasions when I started getting panic 15mg)

@Frogie I increased sertraline to 25mg on April 6 (thank you for taking time to help me!)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Mentor

@Catwoman35

I think the first thing that needs to be done is split the doses of oxazepam as you are taking "rescue doses".  You need to keep a consistent amount of oxazepam in your system.

I would suggest the following schedule:

7 am - 5 mg oxazepam

9 am - 25 mg sertraline

2 pm - 5 mg oxazepam

10 pm - 5 mg oxazepam

Please don't take more than the 15 mg of oxazepam in a day. You need to take the sertraline 2 hours after your oxazepam and you need to keep a consistent schedule.

Hold this for 2 weeks and then we will set up a taper schedule.

You may want to try magnesium. It is very calming. Try a small dose and see how you do. You can always increase the dosage:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Try epsom salt baths, They have amazing results for calming also.

Let me know what you think about this.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal and Prilosec from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine

Xanax 1mg three times a day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) three times a day to .003 grams three times a day.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional. The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Hi @Frogie🙏

Thank you for your suggestion. I have been preparing by trying to slice a tiny round pill of 15mg into 3 equal parts of 5mg. 😅

This 7am waking up for first dose is a little bit difficult, especially on the weekends. 

Would this work (if not, I am OK with the one you posted:

8 am - 5 mg oxazepam

10 am - 25 mg sertraline

3 pm - 5 mg oxazepam

10 pm - 5 mg oxazepam

I am taking magnesium citrate every evening for a couple of days now. I am just reading Alto´s post you linked. Never tried epsom salt baths but sounds good.

2006 diagnosed with panic disorder

2006-2014 paroxetine

2015-2020 sertraline 50mg (tapered off very slowly for 2 years 2018-2020), occasionally oxazepam for stress/sleep

Jan 2021-March 2021  3 months off antidepressants, occasionally oxazepam to manage anxiety, occasionally zolpidem for sleep

April 3, 2021- reinstated 12.5mg of sertraline + up to 15mg of oxazepam

April 6, 2021- reinstated 25mg of sertraline + up to 15mg of oxazepam

• Mentor

Hi:

That schedule is fine. You just want to make sure you take the oxazepam 2 hours before the sertraline.

Epson salt is magnesium, so that might help as well. Glad the magnesium is working for you. I find it does help me.

If you could do this for a few days and let me know how you’re doing that would be great. Then if everything is going well, in a couple of weeks we can start a taper plan.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal and Prilosec from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine

Xanax 1mg three times a day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) three times a day to .003 grams three times a day.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional. The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Catwoman35

Hi @Frogie,

I´ve been on reduced Oxazepam now for 2 days.

8 am - 5 mg oxazepam

10 am - 25 mg sertraline

3 pm - 5 mg oxazepam

10 pm - 5 mg oxazepam

I think I feel slightly worse, especially in the morning. Even on previous dose (7.5mgx3), I would wake up anxious around 7am, but now that anxiety comes stronger. I think sertraline did not "kick in" yet (today is day 17 that I am using it on 25mg).

2006 diagnosed with panic disorder

2006-2014 paroxetine

2015-2020 sertraline 50mg (tapered off very slowly for 2 years 2018-2020), occasionally oxazepam for stress/sleep

Jan 2021-March 2021  3 months off antidepressants, occasionally oxazepam to manage anxiety, occasionally zolpidem for sleep

April 3, 2021- reinstated 12.5mg of sertraline + up to 15mg of oxazepam

April 6, 2021- reinstated 25mg of sertraline + up to 15mg of oxazepam

• Mentor

Hi:

I'm sorry you're feeling rough. It takes about 4 days for the medication to be steady in your system.

Do you think you could hold on a couple more days and see how you're feeling? Then let me know and we can go from there. If you don’t think you can do the reduced dose, you could increase to 7 mg. But keep the same schedule. What do you think about that? I don’t want you to suffer during this transition.

In the meantime,  maybe increase your magnesium just a little in the morning and see if that might help?

Take care, 

Frogie xx

Edited by Frogie

• Mentor

@Catwoman35

This is unrelated to your taper, but just noticed you were in Finland. My great grandparents came from Finland and settled in Montana, USA. So, I’m 1/2 Finish!

Small world😊