SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Anahita1141: ask for help

Anahita1141

Hello,

Before I was on serquel 50mg, colomipramine 200mg and clonazepam 1.5mg, I reduced serquel very slowly to zero.I started reducing colomipramine, very slowly again. I reached to 15mg and unfortunately I withdraw it.

Now I am on clonazpam which is for insomnia .Its more than 20 years I am on it .

It doesnt help me antymore to sleep.

The withdraw symptoms of clomipramin have came back! (anxiety,agitation,depression).

Now ,I dont see any other way exept taking the same dosage of clomipramin (15mg)again and because of this severe and chronic insomnia taking lowe dosage of serquel.

When my CNS become stable I want to taper clonazpam first. Because if it would remain the last one I will suffer from insomnia again .

Do you agree with my choice?

Clomipramin (more than 10 years)

tapering gradually and at last 5mg by 5mg until 15mg nearly 2 months ago then I withdraw it. about 5 days ago I started it again at 25mg dosage on april 2021.

Seroquel 25mg recentlytook it nearly 4  nights on april 2021 .some years ago I was on it also but little by little I reached to zero. 

Clonazepam 2 mg its a long time I am on this medication. (More than 15 years)

Trazodon 50mg (5 days)  April 2021

Melatonin (2 weeks taking stoped because of depression) April 2021

Doxepine (started 18 may 2021)

Omega 3 ,Magnesium glycinate,April 2021

Vitamin B6

Hello,

I am suffeeing from withdrawal syndrome of clomipramin (anxiety,agitation, insomnia,depression).

Insomnia is very sever and even it exited before ,but now I am not able to sleep even one minute per night!

I wanted to ask you between seroquel and methoprazine (nozinan),which one is more safe? and will easier to taper?

Thanks aloot in advance 

Edited by Gridley

tapering gradually and at last 5mg by 5mg until 15mg nearly 2 months ago then I withdraw it. about 5 days ago I started it again at 25mg dosage on april 2021.

Seroquel 25mg recentlytook it nearly 4  nights on april 2021 .some years ago I was on it also but little by little I reached to zero. 

Vitamin B6

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Anahita.

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.  Please include the date you stopped the clomipramine, whether you stopped cold turkey or tapered and the dosage you were taking.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

We're a site for going off psychiatric dugs and helping members deal with withdrawal.  As such, we don't make recommendations regarding new drugs to take.  That would be something for your doctor to do.  We don't recommend starting new drugs to deal with withdrawal from a previous drug.  

Here is some information on dealing with insomnia.

Tricks and tips to fall asleep faster

This link contains helpful information, including insomnia and also non-drug coping skills.  

Some members have found Melatonin helpful with insomnia.   
See Melatonin for sleep   It's best to start at a very low dosage, such as .25mg, and gradually increase if needed to the lowest effective dose.  

So that you have a better idea of what you're experiencing, here is some information on withdrawal and the healing process.

When we take psychiatric medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

These explain the healing process really well.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems. Get supplements that are single ingredient (not mixed with other types of supplements).

This is your Introduction topic, where you can complete your drug signature, ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.
Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Gridley changed the title to Anahita: Ask for help!
7 hours ago, Gridley said:

Welcome to SA, Anahita.

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.  Please include the date you stopped the clomipramine, whether you stopped cold turkey or tapered and the dosage you were taking.

We're a site for going off psychiatric dugs and helping members deal with withdrawal.  As such, we don't make recommendations regarding new drugs to take.  That would be something for your doctor to do.  We don't recommend starting new drugs to deal with withdrawal from a previous drug.  

Here is some information on dealing with insomnia.

Tricks and tips to fall asleep faster

This link contains helpful information, including insomnia and also non-drug coping skills.  

Some members have found Melatonin helpful with insomnia.   
See Melatonin for sleep   It's best to start at a very low dosage, such as .25mg, and gradually increase if needed to the lowest effective dose.  

So that you have a better idea of what you're experiencing, here is some information on withdrawal and the healing process.

When we take psychiatric medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems. Get supplements that are single ingredient (not mixed with other types of supplements).

This is your Introduction topic, where you can complete your drug signature, ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Many thanks for your great reply. 

I was on many kind of psychiatry drugs for more than 22 years ,nearly 10 years ago I started  clomipramin 200m ,seroquel 50m,clonazepam 3mg,gabapentin 600mg .During these 10 years little by little I decreased gabapentin and seroquel to zero. Then I started tapering clomipramin it was really gradually, when I saw there was no OCD thoughts I reduced alittle, serveral last months reduction was 5mg by 5mg. I reached to 15mg and I stopped it at once  while I was developing allergic reactions to wide variety of foods.on the other hand I was suffering from insomnia, I tried many kind of supplements and I was allergic to them too.

I took melatonin for several days and it made me very depressed, I stopped melatonin. My doctor prescribed antihistamine for my allergy but this also took me to depression and I stopped it. After this I found myself depressed, anxious,agitated and unable to fall in sleep, even to the border of suicide, I started clomipramin again at 20 mg and it was not that much helpful, I was unable to fall sleep and now its 3 nights I am taking seroquel 25mg but again I am not able to sleep,I am so desperate, I dont know what to do,I feel any efforts I did during the years to reduce the drugs was useless and I am going to be the same persone who  was 10 years ago despite at that time I was much younger and stronger and now I am 44 and more older! Please help me, I really dont know what to do!

Vitamin B6

• Administrator

Welcome, @Anahita1141

What drugs are you taking now, at what times of day and what dosages? Have you tried to go off clonazepam recently?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Altostrata changed the title to Anahita1141 Ask for help!
10 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Welcome, @Anahita1141

What drugs are you taking now, at what times of day and what dosages? Have you tried to go off clonazepam recently?

Currently Clomipramin 20mg,seroquel 25mg ,clonazepam 1.5 mg all at night,but I am unable to sleep even a minute. 

Vitamin B6

Just now, Anahita1141 said:

Currently Clomipramin 20mg,seroquel 25mg ,clonazepam 1.5 mg all at night,but I am unable to sleep even a minute. 

I tried to get ride of clonazepam but it was impossible for me!I feel I am at the end.

Vitamin B6

• Moderator Emeritus

@Anahita1141

You have a accomplished some very difficult things and it is not for nothing.  Since you have been on the Seroquel only 3 days and now know it is not going to help you, you can simply stop the Seroquel.  Some important questions about the clomipramine:

1. Regarding the Clomipramine, did you taper to zero?  When?

2. You said you started it again at 20mg.  When did you start taking it again--that is, how long have you been taking it this time?  If you have only been taking it for a few days, you can just stop it also.  

3. Are you taking any other psychiatric drugs?

Please complete the drug signature I asked for in my previous post.

Almost all of us here have sleep issues from these drugs.  It will get better.  You just have to give it time.  I know it is hard but you can do it.  I found the following post from one of our moderators, Apace41, to be very helpful regarding attitude toward sleep:

There is, unfortunately, no "silver bullet" to withdrawal or any of its symptoms, including insomnia.  If there were, SA would be a much smaller site than it is at this point.  Sadly, it continues to grow as more and more people get caught in the psychiatric medication "web."

insomnia and disordered sleeping is a hallmark of psychiatric medication withdrawal.  It starts earlier than that with many studies making it clear that SSRIs (and other psych meds) frequently suppress REM sleep for those who take the meds.  https://www.sleepio.com/articles/sleep-aids/antidepressants-and-sleep/  Given this as a backdrop, it should be no surprise that coming off the meds can wreak havoc on sleep.  The good news, however, is that the brain works hard to achieve homeostasis and, all other things being equal, the brain will return to a place where sleep becomes, as it should be, a matter of routine.  How long that takes for any one person is impossible to predict.  

So, what do you do?  In no particular order, some of the things to try:
  • Don't place too much significance on sleep.  Rest should be the key and when your body absolutely needs to sleep it will.  The anxiety that comes with lying awake and saying "I must sleep" is far worse than the not sleeping.  It's hard but it can be done.
  • Try a journaling practice before bed -- get out the things that are on your mind and add 3 things you are grateful for from the day
  • Get a sleep ritual in place so that you do the same thing day after day and start to repair your circadian rhythms
  • Take a warm bath with epsom salts few hours before bedtime and add in a cup of chamomile tea
  • Use lavender essential oils in a diffuser at bedtime
  • Exercise early in the day so that you aren't activated near bedtime
  • Get outside and get some sunlight early in the day so that your rhythms are reestablished
  • Make sure you have a consistent bedtime 
  • Try not to be too activated in the couple of hours before bed and, of course, no caffeine
  • Add a meditation practice
  • Try yoga
  • Go for walks in nature
Most insomnia is the result of the body being "hyperstimulated."  It is very hard to calm down an overstimulated body, especially when it is the result of chemical cascades that come as a result of medication use and withdrawal.  But, it can be done to a certain degree and the skills learned will provide valuable as your body improves over time.  

From my own perspective, my sleep is still not great, but it it better than it was.  I went through many stretches of 2 or 3 days with zero or an hour or two a night of sleep.  At this point, I have the occasional sleepless night, but most nights I'm good for at least 5 and usually closer to 6 hours.  By "normal" people standards that's not great, but it feels pretty good when compared to 0 or 2-3 hours a night.  As the saying goes, "in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king!"

Try not to let it become the dominant factor in your life.  Over time, it will get better and you will heal.  Just do your best to continue to live your life what your brain is repairing itself.

Please try to implement the excellent suggestions in this post.

I've found the restorative yoga pose in the following link to be very helpful with anxiety.

Here is more information helpful for anxiety.

VIDEO:  Peace from Nervous Suffering - Claire Weekes (1 hour) (http://sendvid.com/vgquc1dg)

You mentioned suicide.  Please read the following:

If you are really feeling suicidal, you need to seek out local help, and speak to someone trained in dealing with this.  Are there any groups locally that you can access?  See:  For those who are feeling desperate or suicidal

I am sorry that you are feeling so desperate.

On 12/23/2014 at 8:10 AM,  mammaP said: 

Sadly, many of us have felt that we simply cannot carry on. Most of us here have been in that situation, some as a side effect of medication and others from withdrawal. It is a feeling that is all consuming and taunts us day and night. We are all deeply saddened to see a fellow member feeling so low and being powerless to help. We are not professionals and not equipped to offer the support and guidance that is needed, but are here to offer understanding and empathy.  

What you are feeling is real, it is devastating and it hurts, but it will get better.  In the meantime it is important that you talk to someone. Talking about your feelings will help you to deal with them. There are many agencies that have helplines dedicated to helping people who are suicidal and I am going to post links to some organisations that can offer the support that we can't.  

Talking helps us to put things into perspective and release some of the tension, especially when no-one seems to understand or believe what we are going through. If you are religious then maybe someone at your church will understand and listen without judgement. 

I have found helplines extremely helpful in the past, sometimes talking to a stranger who doesn't know you is easier. They  have no preconceptions and do not judge you, simply listen as you pour out your heart.

If the feelings are overwhelming then call the emergency room, or accident and emergency department of your local hospital. 

We at SA care about you very much and want to see you get better, it is devastating for all of us when someone cannot take any more and wish we could do more but we are limited in what we can offer.

Please tell us how you are feeling, but  please understand how it is for us when someone says they are going to end their life and not come back. We do not want to lose you, we want you to get better.
You can recover from this. 

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

35 minutes ago, Gridley said:

@Anahita1141

You have a accomplished some very difficult things and it is not for nothing.  Since you have been on the Seroquel only 3 days and now know it is not going to help you, you can simply stop the Seroquel.  Some important questions about the clomipramine:

2. You said you started it again at 20mg.  When did you start taking it again--that is, how long have you been taking it this time?  If you have only been taking it for a few days, you can just stop it also.  

Almost all of us here have sleep issues from these drugs.  It will get better.  You just have to give it time.  I know it is hard but you can do it.  I found the following post from one of our moderators, Apace41, to be very helpful regarding attitude toward sleep:

There is, unfortunately, no "silver bullet" to withdrawal or any of its symptoms, including insomnia.  If there were, SA would be a much smaller site than it is at this point.  Sadly, it continues to grow as more and more people get caught in the psychiatric medication "web."

insomnia and disordered sleeping is a hallmark of psychiatric medication withdrawal.  It starts earlier than that with many studies making it clear that SSRIs (and other psych meds) frequently suppress REM sleep for those who take the meds.  https://www.sleepio.com/articles/sleep-aids/antidepressants-and-sleep/  Given this as a backdrop, it should be no surprise that coming off the meds can wreak havoc on sleep.  The good news, however, is that the brain works hard to achieve homeostasis and, all other things being equal, the brain will return to a place where sleep becomes, as it should be, a matter of routine.  How long that takes for any one person is impossible to predict.  

• Don't place too much significance on sleep.  Rest should be the key and when your body absolutely needs to sleep it will.  The anxiety that comes with lying awake and saying "I must sleep" is far worse than the not sleeping.  It's hard but it can be done.
  • Try a journaling practice before bed -- get out the things that are on your mind and add 3 things you are grateful for from the day
  • Get a sleep ritual in place so that you do the same thing day after day and start to repair your circadian rhythms
  • Take a warm bath with epsom salts few hours before bedtime and add in a cup of chamomile tea
  • Get outside and get some sunlight early in the day so that your rhythms are reestablished
  • Try not to be too activated in the couple of hours before bed and, of course, no caffeine
  • Try yoga
  • Go for walks in nature
Most insomnia is the result of the body being "hyperstimulated."  It is very hard to calm down an overstimulated body, especially when it is the result of chemical cascades that come as a result of medication use and withdrawal.  But, it can be done to a certain degree and the skills learned will provide valuable as your body improves over time.  

From my own perspective, my sleep is still not great, but it it better than it was.  I went through many stretches of 2 or 3 days with zero or an hour or two a night of sleep.  At this point, I have the occasional sleepless night, but most nights I'm good for at least 5 and usually closer to 6 hours.  By "normal" people standards that's not great, but it feels pretty good when compared to 0 or 2-3 hours a night.  As the saying goes, "in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king!"

Try not to let it become the dominant factor in your life.  Over time, it will get better and you will heal.  Just do your best to continue to live your life what your brain is repairing itself.

I've found the restorative yoga pose in the following link to be very helpful with anxiety.

VIDEO:  Peace from Nervous Suffering - Claire Weekes (1 hour) (http://sendvid.com/vgquc1dg)

If you are really feeling suicidal, you need to seek out local help, and speak to someone trained in dealing with this.  Are there any groups locally that you can access?  See:  For those who are feeling desperate or suicidal

Sadly, many of us have felt that we simply cannot carry on. Most of us here have been in that situation, some as a side effect of medication and others from withdrawal. It is a feeling that is all consuming and taunts us day and night. We are all deeply saddened to see a fellow member feeling so low and being powerless to help. We are not professionals and not equipped to offer the support and guidance that is needed, but are here to offer understanding and empathy.  

What you are feeling is real, it is devastating and it hurts, but it will get better.  In the meantime it is important that you talk to someone. Talking about your feelings will help you to deal with them. There are many agencies that have helplines dedicated to helping people who are suicidal and I am going to post links to some organisations that can offer the support that we can't.  

Talking helps us to put things into perspective and release some of the tension, especially when no-one seems to understand or believe what we are going through. If you are religious then maybe someone at your church will understand and listen without judgement. 

I have found helplines extremely helpful in the past, sometimes talking to a stranger who doesn't know you is easier. They  have no preconceptions and do not judge you, simply listen as you pour out your heart.

If the feelings are overwhelming then call the emergency room, or accident and emergency department of your local hospital. 

We at SA care about you very much and want to see you get better, it is devastating for all of us when someone cannot take any more and wish we could do more but we are limited in what we can offer.

Please tell us how you are feeling, but  please understand how it is for us when someone says they are going to end their life and not come back. We do not want to lose you, we want you to get better.

Thanks for your answer, 

I tapered (reducing little by little) clomipramin during 1 year but when I reached to 15mg I withdrawed it.

Its 5 days that I have started clomipramin at 20mg again.

Currently I am on 1.5mg clonazepam, 25 mg seroquel, 20mg clomipramin. 

If I dont take them I feel terribly anxious, agitated,nervous ,depressed and very intolerance to food above all terrible insomnia which currently exists also.

I couldn't tolerate those horrible feelings, they take me to the border of suicide. 

P.S: I dont know where to put the signiture for my medication .

Vitamin B6

• Moderator Emeritus
10 minutes ago, Anahita1141 said:

P.S: I dont know where to put the signiture for my medication .

Here is the link for your signature.  Please include the information in your previous post, including drugs, dates of your previous tapers, when you started the drugs again and dosages.  Please use a list format.

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

• Moderator Emeritus

@Altostrata

Anahita1141 apparently has two introduction topics, one that I've been responding to and another that Alto has been.  Here's the link to my responses to her.

Anahita: Ask for help!

@ChessieCat

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

1 hour ago, Gridley said:

Here is the link for your signature.  Please include the information in your previous post, including drugs, dates of your previous tapers, when you started the drugs again and dosages.  Please use a list format.

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad.

Thank you ,I wrote about my medications in it.

Vitamin B6

2 hours ago, Gridley said:

@Anahita1141

• Try yoga
  • Go for walks in nature

Many thanks for your kind reply and the time you are considering to me.

I am very affraid to stop seroquel 25 mg and clomipramin 20mg which I have started them 4 to 5 days ago.

They are not helping me with sleeping but they reduced my anxiety ,nervousness,agitation depression, intolerance to food to some extent.

I am affraid if I stop seroquel and clomipramin ,these terrible feelings come back again and day after day become stronger!

Vitamin B6

• Moderator Emeritus
21 minutes ago, Anahita1141 said:

I am affraid if I stop seroquel and clomipramin ,these terrible feelings come back again and day after day become stronger!

It is completely your decision to make.  You know your situation and condition and you should do what you feel is best for you.  We're a site for going off drugs and advising on which drugs to take is beyond the scope of what we do. 

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

14 minutes ago, Gridley said:

It is completely your decision to make.  You know your situation and condition and you should do what you feel is best for you.  We're a site for going off drugs and advising on which drugs to take is beyond the scope of what we do. 

I just want to know much much could it be dangerous for me if I stop clomipramin and serquel which I started them in recent days?

Vitamin B6

• Moderator Emeritus
15 minutes ago, Anahita1141 said:

I just want to know much much could it be dangerous for me if I stop clomipramin and serquel which I started them in recent days?

I can't give you an answer as to how it would affect your mood or symptoms.  I can tell you that if you've been on the seroquel only a few days, you would not have withdrawal if you stopped it.  The clomipramine is more complicated since you tapered it very fast, then reinstated at a higher dose than previously taken.  This can be destabilizing.  Your fast taper (going down 5mg in dose per taper) indicates you are likely suffering from Clomipramine withdrawal.  This will heal after some time.

Right now your system needs stability.  One course of action would be to stop the seroquel and make no changes to the clomipramine (which you said is providing some benefit) or clonazepam.  You could then hold there for several months (at least six) to let your system stabilize.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

25 minutes ago, Gridley said:

I can't give you an answer as to how it would affect your mood or symptoms.  I can tell you that if you've been on the seroquel only a few days, you would not have withdrawal if you stopped it.  The clomipramine is more complicated since you tapered it very fast, then reinstated at a higher dose than previously taken.  This can be destabilizing.  Your fast taper (going down 5mg in dose per taper) indicates you are likely suffering from Clomipramine withdrawal.  This will heal after some time.

Right now your system needs stability.  One course of action would be to stop the seroquel and make no changes to the clomipramine (which you said is providing some benefit) or clonazepam.  You could then hold there for several months (at least six) to let your system stabilize.

Many many thanks,so you me to withdraw seroquel and stay on colomipramine 20mg and clonazepam 1.5mg until my system stabilizes?

Vitamin B6

• Moderator Emeritus
33 minutes ago, Anahita1141 said:

Many many thanks,so you me to withdraw seroquel and stay on colomipramine 20mg and clonazepam 1.5mg until my system stabilizes?

Yes, just stop the Seroquel and make no changes to the 20mg Clomipramine or 1.5mg Clonazepam.  

Please update your signature to show the date you stopped the Seroquel (today's date) and that you are going to hold on the Clomipramine and Clonazepam.  Here's the link for your signature:

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

4 hours ago, Gridley said:

Yes, just stop the Seroquel and make no changes to the 20mg Clomipramine or 1.5mg Clonazepam.  

Please update your signature to show the date you stopped the Seroquel (today's date) and that you are going to hold on the Clomipramine and Clonazepam.  Here's the link for your signature:

Ok,thank you very much,I wish I would be healed!

Vitamin B6

• ChessieCat changed the title to Anahita: 2nd topic
  • Moderator Emeritus

Merged 2 Introduction topics.

Each member has only 1 Introduction topic which is the best place for a member to ask questions about their own situation and journal their progress.  It keeps your history in one place and means that you do not have to repeat your story.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• ChessieCat changed the title to Anahita1141: ask for help!
21 hours ago, Gridley said:

Hello, I stopped seroquel last night,and I kept clomipramin on 20mg and clonazepam on 1.5mg but it is several nights which I couldn't sleep even a minutes.sometimes I feel very nervous for very small thing .it seems someone is washing cloths in my abdominal part. 

As my insomnia problem was exited befor I took clomipramin and I had been always taking different  medications for this problem. If I tolerate withdrawal syndromes of clomipramin, will I be healed of this terrible insomnia?

Many thanks in advance

Vitamin B6

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Anahita1141 said:

If I tolerate withdrawal syndromes of clomipramin, will I be healed of this terrible insomnia?

Yes, it eventually gets better.  Please look at my post from yesterday 11:30am with the post from Apace41.  He is a veteran of the sleep situation, suffering many nights without any sleep and he got better.  It just takes time.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

2 hours ago, Gridley said:

Yes, it eventually gets better.  Please look at my post from yesterday 11:30am with the post from Apace41.  He is a veteran of the sleep situation, suffering many nights without any sleep and he got better.  It just takes time.

Thank you,I find it about medication and relaxation.

Vitamin B6

On 4/6/2021 at 6:01 PM, Gridley said:

I was terribly suffering from insomnia, my psychiatrist prescribed me nozinan (methoprazine) 2mg, I am really afraid from raising in prolactin, which always stopped my period and terribly disturbed me mentally. Do you think nozinan increase prolactin like olanzapine?

Thanks again in advance 

Vitamin B6

• Administrator

Good sense from @Gridley.

Anahita, if you're taking clonazepam and clomipramine at the same time at night, the combination may be causing a paradoxical reaction and keeping you awake.

If I were you, I'd gradually take clomipramine earlier in the day by moving it 2 hours earlier each day. 

Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. Post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right. This can show if your symptoms are adverse effects from one of your drugs.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

8 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Good sense from @Gridley.

Anahita, if you're taking clonazepam and clomipramine at the same time at night, the combination may be causing a paradoxical reaction and keeping you awake.

If I were you, I'd gradually take clomipramine earlier in the day by moving it 2 hours earlier each day. 

Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. Post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right. This can show if your symptoms are adverse effects from one of your drugs.

Many thanks for your guidance, 

I took nozinan 2 nights ago and I was allergic to it ,so I left it.

Last night I tried trazodon 50 mg with my other  medications ,I could sleep but it has lots of side effects.

Can I put it aside tonight and try your method?

Sorry that I ask lots of questions and alot of thanks

Vitamin B6

• ChessieCat changed the title to Anahita1141: ask for help
On 4/9/2021 at 11:14 AM, Anahita1141 said:

Many thanks for your guidance, 

I took nozinan 2 nights ago and I was allergic to it ,so I left it.

Last night I tried trazodon 50 mg with my other  medications ,I could sleep but it has lots of side effects.

Sorry that I ask lots of questions and alot of thanks

Hello,

I am affraid to take trazodon anymore cause it increase the level of prolactin ,on the other hand I took clomipramin nearly 1 hour befor clonazepam last night  ,I did relaxation method ,exercises, taking melatonin ,omega 3 ,vitamin B6, even my psychiatrist increased the dosage of clonazepam to 2mg. they me sleepy but unable to go to sleep ,I really dont know what to do ,do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

Vitamin B6

• Administrator
On 4/9/2021 at 8:14 AM, Anahita1141 said:

If you've taken the trazodone only occasionally, yes, you can start gradually moving clomipramine earlier.

Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day, as requested.

3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

If you've taken the trazodone only occasionally, yes, you can start gradually moving clomipramine earlier.

Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day, as requested.

Sure,thank you,but I want to withdraw trazodon.

Vitamin B6

• Administrator

You do not need to taper trazodone if you've taken it only once or occasionally.

15 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

You do not need to taper trazodone if you've taken it only once or occasionally.

Many thanks for your guidance 

Vitamin B6

Hello again,

After more than a week days without a minute sleep(while taking clomipramin 20mg and clonazepam2mg ),at last I could sleep neerly 2 hours but by the help of melatonin, however this melatonin makes me very depressed the next day. I dont want to take nozinan ,seroquel or trazodon which I already tried them and had very bad side effects on me.

This situation is really torturing me!

Do you think supplement like 5-HTPcould be helpful for me?

Many thanks in advance

Vitamin B6

• Administrator

How much melatonin did you take?

Hello Altostrata,

After nearly one month insomnia,my psychiatrist perscribed me trazodon for sleep.

I even tried melatonin but it made me so depressed and and nervous and beside of that one month insomnia took me to the border of suicide. 

I dont know weather it exist a medication safer than trazodon for sleep or no,because I read horrible side effect about it ,even it can become toxic in some cases.If you know better medication for insomnia I can talk about it with my psychiatrist. 

However I would like to know trazodon at 50mg ,raise prolactin level and cause problem in women for their menstrual period?
Thanks in advance

Vitamin B6

• Administrator

Anahita, please add your posts to this topic. This is your Introductions topic.

21 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

How much melatonin did you take?

Hello Altostrata,

After nearly one month insomnia,my psychiatrist perscribed me trazodon for sleep.

I even tried melatonin but it made me so depressed and and nervous and beside of that one month insomnia took me to the border of suicide. 

I dont know weather it exist a medication safer than trazodon for sleep or no,because I read horrible side effect about it ,even it can become toxic in some cases.If you know better medication for insomnia I can talk about it with my psychiatrist. 

However I would like to know trazodon at 50mg ,raise prolactin level and cause problem in women for their menstrual period?
Thanks in advance

Vitamin B6