ScottishLass: hello and some help please

ScottishLass

ScottishLass

I think the future is bad but likely even worse than I perceive. That’s what is dawning and it's just too much. 

Prozac  60mg ( 1996-2014).  

Also between (1996-2000) Short instances on Lithium, Risperidone and various other drugs that I now cannot recall. Took myself off all antipsychotics in (2000).

Various attempts to stop Prozac over the years but went straight back on as at the time mistook withdrawal for 'relapse/illness'.

Duloxetine/Cymbalta (2014-March 2021) - put onto this following a further failed attempt at managing withdrawal symptoms from stopping Prozac and it at the time being misdiagnosed as 'Relapse/illness'. 

(Feb 21) Tapered from 60mg of Duloxetine over approx 6weeks. 

Currently looking at reinstating small dose to manage acute withdrawal symptoms now presenting.

(8th April 2021) Reinstatement

Duloxetine (1mg)

Zopiclone 7mg - due to severe insomnia but trying not to take.

Supplements: Magnesium, Omega Fish Oil, Viramin D and Calcium.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ScottishLass

• Rosetta

• Gridley

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi ScottishLass,   I hate to bear this bad news, but you should stop drinking wine.  Any alcohol at all will have an effect on your symptoms.  It’s really disappointing, I know.  The less, t

Hi fellow Scot here also, going through absolute hell after short term ssri use, symptoms have never left me now off everything for 5 weeks 

@Rosetta Hi,  Thanks for your concern/advice. I have probably one glass of wine a week.  It does not seem to have been an issue.  Weighing up benefit versus risk I think it’s accetable. I kn

I know it seems that way, but a large part of this syndrome is having the feeling the future will be much worse than it will be.  Most of us here have struggled with those thoughts and feelings.  When we feel better, we look back and see that the state of our brains caused us to see the situation as worse than it was likely to be. 

It’s hard to overcome, but it is the reason that people become Moderators here or, like me, step in give support.  We know there is bright future for you that you cannot begin to imagine.  Imagination, like many other abilities, can be blunted by the syndrome.  What we do imagine while suffering from this syndrome is often a very bleak future.  It was the same for me.  In windows, I caught glimpses of positive outcomes.  That kept me going on some days.  

Please believe us when we say you are not thinking the same way you would if you were not dealing with AD WD.  If any illness lasts for weeks, the mind gets pessimistic.  Chronic pain is an example.  This may be more difficult than chronic pain in some ways and easier in others, but the pessimistic mind set of both is very problematic.  I can tell you a thousand times that there is hope when you feel that there is not, and it will be very irritating, but I do think it is both what you need to hear and the truth.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

ScottishLass

@Rosetta

Thanks 

Also between (1996-2000) Short instances on Lithium, Risperidone and various other drugs that I now cannot recall. Took myself off all antipsychotics in (2000).

Various attempts to stop Prozac over the years but went straight back on as at the time mistook withdrawal for 'relapse/illness'.

Duloxetine/Cymbalta (2014-March 2021) - put onto this following a further failed attempt at managing withdrawal symptoms from stopping Prozac and it at the time being misdiagnosed as 'Relapse/illness'. 

Currently looking at reinstating small dose to manage acute withdrawal symptoms now presenting.

Duloxetine (1mg)

ScottishLass

@Altostrata@Gridley

Or any mods, please can you give me advice about increasing the reinstatement dose. Would it be advisable now and what increase would you suggest? 

Thanks 

SL

Duloxetine (1mg)

45 minutes ago, ScottishLass said:

@Altostrata@Gridley

Or any mods, please can you give me advice about increasing the reinstatement dose. Would it be advisable now and what increase would you suggest? 

Thanks 

SL

It's been 13 days since you reinstated.  Have you noticed any improvement since you reinstated?  

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg 1986-1991 CT, soon reinstated.  CT 2000. RI 1 mg 2011-2016.  Sept. 2016  0.625mg X 3

Nov.27, 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover + change to one 18.75mg dose, w/1 month hold.

Feb. 9, 2021, begin 10% every 4 weeks taper.  Current dose as of March 22: 14.4mgai.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan. 2016 began every 3-weeks 10% taper, down to 16mgai (0.44mgpw).  Aug 2016, discovered SA, holding at 16mg.  Taper is 78% complete.  

Supplements: omega, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotic, zinc, melatonin .3mg.

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

ScottishLass

@Gridley

Initially but it’s all over the place now and WD symptoms are too much. My hands are burning, my mood is really very low, panic high, I can’t sleep properly and I feel removed from myself. I don’t think its sustainable. If I knew this would end soon it would maybe be manageable but not for much longer. That’s why I am asking about increase? I am concerned if this continues as is. I feel like I’ve had a week of some kind of hypomania which I thought was the old me. Now it feels like a massive crash. I don’t know what’s me, what’s not. How to gauge it. 

Duloxetine (1mg)

• Administrator
Altostrata

As requested before, we need to see your symptoms 24 hours at a time, in this format 

This will help tell if you're having a bad reaction to reinstatement or if it's helping. That is the information we need to see if you need to decrease the dosage, or if an increase is warranted.

Symptoms that "are all over the place" don't tell us anything.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

ScottishLass
18 hours ago, Rosetta said:

I know it seems that way, but a large part of this syndrome is having the feeling the future will be much worse than it will be.  Most of us here have struggled with those thoughts and feelings.  When we feel better, we look back and see that the state of our brains caused us to see the situation as worse than it was likely to be. 

It’s hard to overcome, but it is the reason that people become Moderators here or, like me, step in give support.  We know there is bright future for you that you cannot begin to imagine.  Imagination, like many other abilities, can be blunted by the syndrome.  What we do imagine while suffering from this syndrome is often a very bleak future.  It was the same for me.  In windows, I caught glimpses of positive outcomes.  That kept me going on some days.  

Please believe us when we say you are not thinking the same way you would if you were not dealing with AD WD.  If any illness lasts for weeks, the mind gets pessimistic.  Chronic pain is an example.  This may be more difficult than chronic pain in some ways and easier in others, but the pessimistic mind set of both is very problematic.  I can tell you a thousand times that there is hope when you feel that there is not, and it will be very irritating, but I do think it is both what you need to hear and the truth.

@Rosetta

Thank u so much for this.🙏🏻 It was so welcome and really needed. It’s been a really difficult, dark few days.  However, I have taken heed of your words and am out of the house and now sat beside a beautiful stream in the sunshine nearby and things seem a little more possible. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 Thanks for your kindness, it saved the day...

Duloxetine (1mg)

You are welcome.  One thing that is nice about SA is that we can read that sort of thing anytime, and we can read other threads for inspiration.  Reading other people’s threads can be upsetting; there are threads in the Symptoms forum about finding strength to carry on.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

The caveat is that we don’t recommend pushing through symptoms.  We have found it’s important to be very gentle with ourselves.  The extra stress caused by trying to force ourselves to live normal lives slows down the healing.

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017