Altostrata

How to use this site - Questions and answers

ChessieCat

To update profile:

Go to Account Settings and on the right you will see Other Settings and under that a link to Edit Profile.

scallywag
2 hours ago, emilie said:

The field i want to update is not here.

i want to update in the page profil "My history (confidential)"

the field is not in that page. Another idea?

emilie, you cannot edit the "my history" field.

emilie
15 hours ago, scallywag said:

emilie, you cannot edit the "my history" field.

Ok. i am a little sad because my confidential story change each day. but ok.

DizzyGirl

Hey guys,

why was my success story deleted ?

ChessieCat

Hi Dizzy,

Not sure what happened but your topic was hidden, not deleted.  I've unhidden it now so it should be visible to everyone.

music321

I am trying to find a topic that I've been contributing to.  It's extremely difficult.  When I use the search function and type in my user name, only some posts come up.  If anyone knows how I can find all of my posts, I would like to know how.  Thanks.

manymoretodays

You can go to the top left where your user name is and open that........then go to your profile.........and find your recent content.

Or go to the Activity tab on the top left of your screen and then to My Activity.

I usually use my desktop computer here though.......it might be a bit different if you are using a smart phone or I phone.

Maybe that will help.  Hope so. 

You may not be able to find all your posts after awhile, unless they are on your introduction/journal but should be able to get back to your more recent ones.

scallywag

A tip about logging in:

On 2017-06-07 at 3:15 AM, Altostrata said:

Everybody: The new software requires your screen name as your log-in name. You can still use your old password.

music321

Thanks, I appreciate it.

nz11

i got a question: How does one turn back on the 'disable my messenger'  once it has been disabled.....just asking... cos a friend wants to know.

ChessieCat

I just clicked on "disable messenger" at the bottom of the PM list and the envelope went from the screen.  When I clicked on the drop down arrow and clicked on Messages is said messenger was disabled do you want enable it or something like that.

nz11

Thanks got it, i'll pass it on ..apparently my friend says their attachment folder is nearing 100% and asks how do you edit that......I said  would ask and get back to them....:unsure:...anyone know of where the edit  flags would happen to be lurking for that one?

scallywag

nz11 - your friend asks a very good question about managing attachments. I have reached 100% of my allotment for attachments, so will be researching what to do and how to do it.

ChessieCat

Drop down arrow next to name (top right), My Attachments.

Bother, I delete one this morning and now I can't work out how I did it.

EDIT:  It was because I deleted it after I had browsed and found the file but hadn't posted the reply.  There was a bin icon which I could click.  That's not available once it is posted.  Grr.

Edited by ChessieCat

nz11
9 hours ago, scallywag said:

nz11 - your friend asks a very good question 

;)

nz11
5 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Drop down arrow next to name (top right), My Attachments.

yep.....got that.... then where??

5 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Bother, I delete one this morning and now I can't work out how I did it.

think cc think.....

If you did then I think you pulled off a miracle cos I cant see any sign of an ' edit' thingy...

ChessieCat
On 06/09/2017 at 11:53 AM, ChessieCat said:

EDIT:  It was because I deleted it after I had browsed and found the file but hadn't posted the reply.  There was a bin icon which I could click.  That's not available once it is posted.  Grr.

You must have missed my edit.

We aren't able to delete them.  It's being looked into.

nz11

10 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

We aren't able to delete them.  It's being looked into.

Well whatdaya know, ....okay thanks ...i'll let my friend know about that.

Marsha

Has this question been asked? I couldn't find it anywhere. Why can I not see signatures? Thanks for any help mods and members. Also would someone please help me to put in an avatar?  

ChessieCat

Go to the drop down arrow next to your name (top right) and select Profile.  On the current avatar (for you:  green M) on the top left you will find an icon which you click on.  This will bring up the screen where you can add a photo.

scallywag

On 9/8/2017 at 9:03 AM, Marsha said:

Why can I not see signatures?

Marsha, are you using a desktop/laptop computer to view the site or a mobile device (phone or tablet)?  If you're using a mobile device, you can't see the signatures. It's an arbitrary decision by the forum software publishers/developers to allow mobile users to see more actual content.  It's something that probably works for many sites but doesn't mesh well with SA using signatures to convey important rather than "nice to see" information.

Marsha

Thank you very much Chessie Cat and Scallywag. Appreciate very much.

WarriorWoman

Can someone tell me how to add an avitar to my profile?

Thank you!

ChessieCat
On 11/09/2017 at 9:11 AM, ChessieCat said:

Go to the drop down arrow next to your name (top right) and select Profile.  On the current avatar (for you:  green M) on the top left you will find an icon which you click on.  This will bring up the screen where you can add a photo.

Altostrata

Hello, everyone.

I have added a new field to everyone's public profile, for a link to your Introductions topic. It is optional. If you wish to add it, all you need to do is:

1) Go to your topic and copy the URL in the browser bar.

2) Click on the Profile link under your name in the upper right corner of every page.

3) On your Profile page, click on the Edit Profile link in the top right of your Profile area.

4) Scroll down, under Location, you'll see a blank field for My Introductions topic.

5) Paste the URL into the field.

Anyone who is a member may click on your avatar image and see your Profile. If you do not wish to publish the link to your Introductions topic, you don't have to.

ChessieCat

I've just followed these instructions and the link will show up on a member's profile page on the left, which means that you won't have to click on See Their Activity and then Topics and then find their Intro topic which will be mixed in with any other topics that the member has created.

Thanks Alto.

Altostrata

Yes, this will make it easier for people to find their own Introductions topic, too.

Betsy

Hi:

I've tried to change my signature several times. It appears to change when I look at it, but when I go to a topic and type in a reply, the same old signature remains.

Betsy

Altostrata

Have you been sure to click the Save button at the bottom of the window after you change your signature?

bubbles

I keep losing things in the forum. I think "oh, I'll go back and respond to that thread" and I can't find it again. :( Is there a way to bookmark a thread/post to go back to later?

Cheers!

ChessieCat

Good old fashioned note book and paper 📋 ✏️

ChessieCat

You could right click on the share this post symbol and copy link address and paste the link into a document.  You can then Ctrl click the link to open it from the Word document.

bubbles

Ah, brilliant, thank you.

Altostrata

You can also use the bookmark function in your browser, or click the Follow button to put it in the Manage Followed Content list in your Account Settings.

bubbles

Hi Alto

A useful suggestion, thank you.