How to use this site - questions and answers

Altostrata

• Moderator Emeritus

To update profile:

Go to Account Settings and on the right you will see Other Settings and under that a link to Edit Profile.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, emilie said:

The field i want to update is not here.

i want to update in the page profil "My history (confidential)"

the field is not in that page. Another idea?

emilie, you cannot edit the "my history" field.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

15 hours ago, scallywag said:

emilie, you cannot edit the "my history" field.

Ok. i am a little sad because my confidential story change each day. but ok.

(i am french)

1998 prazépam, citalopram /1999 paroxetine prazepam /2000 paroxétine /2001venafaxine, alprazolam, clomipramine * 2002 (dont remember)/2003 clomipramine, alprazolam /2004 clomipramine /2005 alprazolam /2006(dont remember) * 2007citalopram, alprazolam, prazépam, venlafaxine /2008(dont remember) /2009 venlafaxine /2010 venlafaxine *All precedent withdrawal were very fast. I tried many times to stop but didn't know what happened. *2011 mirtazapine (22,5 mg) , norset , risperdal (cold turkey for risperdal and norset, analysis by doctor say that my body does not support and i was in danger) /2012 mirtazapine / 2013 mirtazapine  *october 2014 mirtazapine (15mg) - putting down slowly.   *when i was good for one month i  down 1ml. (1ml of 100ml of water in which there was 1 pill of 15mg of mirtazapine. At the end i remove 1ml of 50ml of water but with 0,5 pill it does the same concentration.) (i down more like "how i feel, because at the beginning i had a calendar tapping 10% every 15 days and i was really bad, so i decided to see one month and after if i was trust in my body, i remove 10% of the dose at the beginning; and at the end i remove 1ml (when the 10% was lower than 1ml). It was more how i feel. (it is just the last 1 ml that i remove rapidly because i think i was attached mentally and i need to break. and 1ml of 50ml of 15/2mg is just 1ml correspond to 0.15mg. ).  -juillet 2017 stop all. 

nov 2017 tetany and gastritis. I found "euphytose", "spasmine", "phyto-stress" from Govital(the more efficient if crisis because more concentrated)  efficient. If very bad i take valerian extract 1000mg (stop crisis). 

january 2022: I survive. Still having no hunger sensation.

Hey guys,

why was my success story deleted ?

Cold turkeyed Paxil in May 2012  :ph34r:

Finally recovered / see success story :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dizzy,

Not sure what happened but your topic was hidden, not deleted.  I've unhidden it now so it should be visible to everyone.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to find a topic that I've been contributing to.  It's extremely difficult.  When I use the search function and type in my user name, only some posts come up.  If anyone knows how I can find all of my posts, I would like to know how.  Thanks.

various SSRI for years

20 mg Lyrica 2010

30 mg to 0 mg Prozac 2012

Reinstate 20 mg Prozac 2012

Drop to 19 mg Prozac 2013

Reinstate 20 mg Prozac 1 month later (2013)

Gradual decrease of Prozac dosage starting in late summer of 2015, currently at 11.2 mg/day

use of vitamin D3, fish oil, and magnesium at various times

• Moderator Emeritus

You can go to the top left where your user name is and open that........then go to your profile.........and find your recent content.

Or go to the Activity tab on the top left of your screen and then to My Activity.

I usually use my desktop computer here though.......it might be a bit different if you are using a smart phone or I phone.

Maybe that will help.  Hope so. 

You may not be able to find all your posts after awhile, unless they are on your introduction/journal but should be able to get back to your more recent ones.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

@music321Here's a quick to your activity page: http://survivingantidepressants.org/profile/1087-music321/content/

Edited by scallywag
delete obsolete comment

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

• Moderator Emeritus

A tip about logging in:

On 2017-06-07 at 3:15 AM, Altostrata said:

Everybody: The new software requires your screen name as your log-in name. You can still use your old password.

scallywag's Introduction

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I appreciate it.

various SSRI for years

20 mg Lyrica 2010

30 mg to 0 mg Prozac 2012

Reinstate 20 mg Prozac 2012

Drop to 19 mg Prozac 2013

Reinstate 20 mg Prozac 1 month later (2013)

Gradual decrease of Prozac dosage starting in late summer of 2015, currently at 11.2 mg/day

use of vitamin D3, fish oil, and magnesium at various times

i got a question: How does one turn back on the 'disable my messenger'  once it has been disabled.....just asking... cos a friend wants to know.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

I just clicked on "disable messenger" at the bottom of the PM list and the envelope went from the screen.  When I clicked on the drop down arrow and clicked on Messages is said messenger was disabled do you want enable it or something like that.

Thanks got it, i'll pass it on ..apparently my friend says their attachment folder is nearing 100% and asks how do you edit that......I said  would ask and get back to them....:unsure:...anyone know of where the edit  flags would happen to be lurking for that one?

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

nz11 - your friend asks a very good question about managing attachments. I have reached 100% of my allotment for attachments, so will be researching what to do and how to do it.

scallywag's Introduction

• Moderator Emeritus

Drop down arrow next to name (top right), My Attachments.

Bother, I delete one this morning and now I can't work out how I did it.

EDIT:  It was because I deleted it after I had browsed and found the file but hadn't posted the reply.  There was a bin icon which I could click.  That's not available once it is posted.  Grr.

Edited by ChessieCat

9 hours ago, scallywag said:

nz11 - your friend asks a very good question 

;)

Recovering paxil addict

5 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Drop down arrow next to name (top right), My Attachments.

yep.....got that.... then where??

5 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Bother, I delete one this morning and now I can't work out how I did it.

think cc think.....

If you did then I think you pulled off a miracle cos I cant see any sign of an ' edit' thingy...

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus
On 06/09/2017 at 11:53 AM, ChessieCat said:

EDIT:  It was because I deleted it after I had browsed and found the file but hadn't posted the reply.  There was a bin icon which I could click.  That's not available once it is posted.  Grr.

You must have missed my edit.

We aren't able to delete them.  It's being looked into.

10 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

We aren't able to delete them.  It's being looked into.

Well whatdaya know, ....okay thanks ...i'll let my friend know about that.

Recovering paxil addict

Has this question been asked? I couldn't find it anywhere. Why can I not see signatures? Thanks for any help mods and members. Also would someone please help me to put in an avatar?  

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

• Moderator Emeritus

Go to the drop down arrow next to your name (top right) and select Profile.  On the current avatar (for you:  green M) on the top left you will find an icon which you click on.  This will bring up the screen where you can add a photo.

• Moderator Emeritus

On 9/8/2017 at 9:03 AM, Marsha said:

Why can I not see signatures?

Marsha, are you using a desktop/laptop computer to view the site or a mobile device (phone or tablet)?  If you're using a mobile device, you can't see the signatures. It's an arbitrary decision by the forum software publishers/developers to allow mobile users to see more actual content.  It's something that probably works for many sites but doesn't mesh well with SA using signatures to convey important rather than "nice to see" information.

scallywag's Introduction

Thank you very much Chessie Cat and Scallywag. Appreciate very much.

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

Can someone tell me how to add an avitar to my profile?

Thank you!

Sept 2007 .25mg Risperdal,  300mg Trileptal
March 2008 - 2011  Risperdal,  Klonopin,  Trileptal (various doses)
July 2013 - May 2015  Saphris, Risperdal,  Klonopin, Trileptal (various doses)
Jan 2016 Spent year tapering off 10mg Saphris
Jan 2017 Started Risperdal taper at 1.10mg , .50mg Klonopin, 900mg TrileptalStarted to hold Risperdal at 1.10mg in June, .50mg Klonopin,  Beginning of Oct started rapid taper of Trileptal due to life-threateningly low blood sodium levels.
Feb 2018 1.10mg Risperdal, .50mg Klonopin, 337.5mg Trileptal
March 2018 Trileptal Free, April 2018 started Klonopin Taper finished Dec 1st 2018
Jan 2019 Restarted Risperdal taper, finished taper July 3rd. First day of being drug free in 12 years on the 4th of July 2019 (Independence Day 😊 )

• ChessieCat changed the title to How to Add Avatar
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 11/09/2017 at 9:11 AM, ChessieCat said:

Go to the drop down arrow next to your name (top right) and select Profile.  On the current avatar (for you:  green M) on the top left you will find an icon which you click on.  This will bring up the screen where you can add a photo.

• ChessieCat changed the title to How to use this site - Questions and answers
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Hello, everyone.

I have added a new field to everyone's public profile, for a link to your Introductions topic. It is optional. If you wish to add it, all you need to do is:

1) Go to your topic and copy the URL in the browser bar.

2) Click on the Profile link under your name in the upper right corner of every page.

3) On your Profile page, click on the Edit Profile link in the top right of your Profile area.

4) Scroll down, under Location, you'll see a blank field for My Introductions topic.

5) Paste the URL into the field.

Anyone who is a member may click on your avatar image and see your Profile. If you do not wish to publish the link to your Introductions topic, you don't have to.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

I've just followed these instructions and the link will show up on a member's profile page on the left, which means that you won't have to click on See Their Activity and then Topics and then find their Intro topic which will be mixed in with any other topics that the member has created.

Thanks Alto.

• Administrator

Yes, this will make it easier for people to find their own Introductions topic, too.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 5 months later...

Hi:

I've tried to change my signature several times. It appears to change when I look at it, but when I go to a topic and type in a reply, the same old signature remains.

Betsy

2003-Tried most ADs. Paradoxical.

March- July 40 mg Remeron. C/Ted off it.

2003-2014 3-10 mg of Kpin. Partial C/O to 70 mg Valium. Have 6.5 mg of K to taper. C/H 5% every 14 days.

Micro taper @ .625 mg.

April 2015: 150 mg Trazodone; 100 mg Seroquel;  132 mcg Levothyroxine.

2016 C/T 700 mg gabapentin.

Dec. 21, 2015: Klonopin Free.

2015 Off cigarettes.

At 13 mg of Valium from 70.

2019 20 mg Lipitor 

• Administrator

Have you been sure to click the Save button at the bottom of the window after you change your signature?

• 4 weeks later...

I keep losing things in the forum. I think "oh, I'll go back and respond to that thread" and I can't find it again. :( Is there a way to bookmark a thread/post to go back to later?

Cheers!

2005 St John's Wort / 2006-2012 Lexapro 20mg, 2 failed attempts to stop, tapered over 4.5 months in early 2012

January 2013 started Sertraline, over time worked up to 100mg

July 2014 Sertraline dropped from 100mg to 75mg, held for six months, slower tapering until 2019 22 Dec 3.2mg

2020 Sertraline 19 Jan 3.1mg, 26 Jan 3.0mg; 1 Mar 2.9, 7 Mar 2.8, May (some drops here) 24 May 2.5, May 29 2.4, June 21 2.3, June 28 2.2mg,  July 4 2.1mg, July 24 (or maybe a bit before) 2mg, early Nov switched to home made suspension; 29 Nov 1.8mg; approx 25 Dec 1.6mg)

2021 Some time in about Jan/Feb realised probably on more like 1.8mg and poss mixing error in making suspension; doses after 10 Feb accurate; 10 Feb 1.6mg; 7 Mar 1.4, continued monthly

10% drops until 1mg, then dropped 0.1mg monthly.

May 2022,0.1mg, now dropping 0.01mg per week

29 August 2022 - first day of zero!

My thread here at SA: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1775-bubbles/page/21/

Current: Armour Thyroid

• Moderator Emeritus

Good old fashioned note book and paper 📋 ✏️

• Moderator Emeritus

You could right click on the share this post symbol and copy link address and paste the link into a document.  You can then Ctrl click the link to open it from the Word document.

Ah, brilliant, thank you.

2005 St John's Wort / 2006-2012 Lexapro 20mg, 2 failed attempts to stop, tapered over 4.5 months in early 2012

July 2014 Sertraline dropped from 100mg to 75mg, held for six months, slower tapering until 2019 22 Dec 3.2mg

2020 Sertraline 19 Jan 3.1mg, 26 Jan 3.0mg; 1 Mar 2.9, 7 Mar 2.8, May (some drops here) 24 May 2.5, May 29 2.4, June 21 2.3, June 28 2.2mg,  July 4 2.1mg, July 24 (or maybe a bit before) 2mg, early Nov switched to home made suspension; 29 Nov 1.8mg; approx 25 Dec 1.6mg)

2021 Some time in about Jan/Feb realised probably on more like 1.8mg and poss mixing error in making suspension; doses after 10 Feb accurate; 10 Feb 1.6mg; 7 Mar 1.4, continued monthly

My thread here at SA: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1775-bubbles/page/21/

• Administrator

You can also use the bookmark function in your browser, or click the Follow button to put it in the Manage Followed Content list in your Account Settings.

Hi Alto

A useful suggestion, thank you.