Altostrata

How to use this site - Questions and answers

bubbles

Hi Alto

A useful suggestion, thank you.

Iatrogenesis

Hi,

I've noticed the "follow user feature" only works if you manually toggle "Someone I'm following makes a post" under "General" in "Notification Settings". Is that a bug only affecting me?

Altostrata

It's not a bug, it's an individual setting. You make the choice if you want to follow particular members.

Iatrogenesis

Thanks for the answer, but I still don't understand... There is a button on every user's profile that I can click to follow them. What I mean though, that it won't give me notifications or send me emails unless I toggle that on under that separate notification menu I can access by clicking on the bell icon. It took some time to figure that out, I would have expected to get notifications by default when I chose to follow somebody.

Altostrata

Good point. I see in the global settings that has been left out by mistake. I have enabled

Someone I am following makes a post

Iatrogenesis

That's nice! I wanted to ask as well, are you blocking the Tor Browser or is Comcast doing that?

Altostrata

We're not blocking it as far as I know.

Altostrata

This may be deliberate by IPS. I'll ask them but don't get your hopes up.

Iatrogenesis

Thanks. Oh yes, I've read about Comcast making some rather absurd statements about the Tor Network. It's a shame if they just started blocking it, I imagine some people would like to use it to connect to this site as it's a convenient way to avoid being tracked by corporations and governments as well which I understand could be important for those who live in countries that are (getting increasingly) authoritarian and whose governments like to snoop on their own citizens.

Iatrogenesis

Oh, you meant Invision, I misread that as ISP. And apparently Comcast officially likes Tor, anyway.

Altostrata

Our hosting service will not unblock the Tor browser, they think it's for exploits. Sorry.

Iatrogenesis

Exploits, pff... It's a great privacy tool. Well, anyway, thanks again for contacting them about this.

gardenlady

How do I edit a tag on my topic?

Altostrata

Only a mod can edit a tag once a topic is published.