How to use this site - questions and answers

Altostrata

ChessieCat
Posted (edited)

Do you mean pasting a link to your Introduction topic?

If this is what you want to do, go to the first page of your Introduction topic and copy the URL aka address and paste it in the post.  If you don't want it to appear in a summary box but just as a link, immediately after pasting the URL you click on Display as Link at the bottom of the Reply Box.

Some members include the link to their Introduction topic in their drug signature.  This way you can just state that the link is there instead of posting the link in the post.

I hope that helps.

If it's something else that you wish to do, please explain more fully.  Thank you.

Edited by ChessieCat

NEW!!!              INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder               NEW!!! 

ADs:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after)

Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015  Current from 14 Nov 2020:  Pristiq 0.50 mg

My tapering program                                      My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

REMINDER TO SELF:  I don't need the drug now, but my still brain does.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Altostrata

• cymbaltawithdrawal5600

• ChessieCat

• scallywag

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exploits, pff... It's a great privacy tool. Well, anyway, thanks again for contacting them about this.

How to find Introductions topics with "☼" in the title?   When people have turned the corner in recovering from withdrawal from psychiatric drugs, we mark their Introductions topics with "☼"

Posted Images

Artistic1

Two questions:

1. How do I use the "quote" option? I see people selecting quotes from other members' posts, and the quote appears in a box in their message, then they can post a reply to it.

2. How do I get the "@(member name)" option to work? I see posts with the @ symbol and the member's name in a black box so that they will receive notification of a reply. I typed @(member name) into one of my replies, and it didn't appear in a black box when posted. 

Thanks.

Celexa - 20 mg May 2015 - March 2016 (Felt quite good)..... Celexa taper from May 2016 - Nov 2016.....Depression and Anxiety returned June 2017

July, 2017: Zoloft = 25 mg;  Aug. 2017 = 37.5 mg; Nov. 2017 = 50 mg thru Jan. 23, 2018.

Jan. 2018 - May 6, 2019 = taper Zoloft from 50 mg to 12.5 mg.  Aug. 11, 2019 - felt so bad that I reinstated at 25mg. Hold at this dose until Feb. 3, 2020

Feb. 4, 2020 = reduce dose to 21.875 mg. Hold for 10 weeks. April 14, 2020 = 18.75 mg. Hold for 10 weeks.  

June10, 2020 - start cycle of 2 weeks to taper slowly from old dose to new dose, then hold at new dose for 6-7 weeks.

June 23, 2020  = 16.666 mg.........August 26, 2020 = 14.75 mg ....... October 28, 2020 = 13.15 mg

• Mentor
Frogie

Hi:

I will try to answer your questions.

57 minutes ago, Artistic1 said:

How do I use the "quote" option? I see people selecting quotes from other members' posts, and the quote appears in a box in their message, then they can post a reply to it.

Highlight what you want to quote. A box will come up that says “quote selection”. Select that and it will copy your quote.

59 minutes ago, Artistic1 said:

How do I get the "@(member name)" option to work? I see posts with the @ symbol and the member's name in a black box so that they will receive notification of a reply. I typed @(member name) into one of my replies, and it didn't appear in a black box when posted. 

Just type @and the persons name. Names will drop down. Select the name you wish to tag and will show up like @Artistic. It will be highlighted in blue.

Hope this answers your questions.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal and Prilosec from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine

Xanax 1mg three times a day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) three times a day to .003 grams three times a day.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional. The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Artistic1

@Frogie Thanks so much. Both worked!

Celexa - 20 mg May 2015 - March 2016 (Felt quite good)..... Celexa taper from May 2016 - Nov 2016.....Depression and Anxiety returned June 2017

July, 2017: Zoloft = 25 mg;  Aug. 2017 = 37.5 mg; Nov. 2017 = 50 mg thru Jan. 23, 2018.

Jan. 2018 - May 6, 2019 = taper Zoloft from 50 mg to 12.5 mg.  Aug. 11, 2019 - felt so bad that I reinstated at 25mg. Hold at this dose until Feb. 3, 2020

Feb. 4, 2020 = reduce dose to 21.875 mg. Hold for 10 weeks. April 14, 2020 = 18.75 mg. Hold for 10 weeks.  

June10, 2020 - start cycle of 2 weeks to taper slowly from old dose to new dose, then hold at new dose for 6-7 weeks.

June 23, 2020  = 16.666 mg.........August 26, 2020 = 14.75 mg ....... October 28, 2020 = 13.15 mg

• Mentor
5 hours ago, Artistic1 said:

@Frogie Thanks so much. Both worked!

Glad to hear that!

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal and Prilosec from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine

Xanax 1mg three times a day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) three times a day to .003 grams three times a day.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional. The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• 3 months later...

How do I search for a phrase?

I want to search for the phrase “low-dose lithium” but all I get are results with individual words: lithium, dose, low.

How do I search for the entire phrase?

Bruci

1980s: First diagnosed with depression. Treated with a tricyclic. 1988: Switched to Prozac 20 mg after triclyclic stopped working. 1990s to 2010: On and off Prozac. Increased dose led to side effects. 

2010: Work stress led to increased depression/anxiety. Tried several SSRIs but tolerated none of them. Put on Zyprexa. 

2011: Work burnout and breakdown. Hospitalized for suicidal depression. Switched to Seroquel. Prozac increased to 80 mg.

2017: Started psychotherapy. Helped a lot. Switched to Celexa 40 mg and lithium 300 mg. 

2019: Stopped Seroquel. Lost weight.

2020 June: Added Wellbutrin to try and correct sexual dysfunction. Could not tolerate Wellbutrin.

2020 July: Decreased Celexa to 30 mg in attempt to alleviate sexual dysfunction. Worked somewhat.

2020 August: Decreased Celexa to 20 mg. Sexual function improved but w/d effects started. 

2020 September: Maintaining Celexa at 20 mg. Experiencing w/d effects - fatigue, dysphoria, mood instability

2020 September 13: Increased Celexa to 30 mg due to w/d effects. Still on lithium 300 mg/day.

2020 October 3: Reduced Celexa to 27 mg. Started taper. 10% per month as recommended.

• Mentor
25 minutes ago, Bruci said:

How do I search for a phrase?

I want to search for the phrase “low-dose lithium” but all I get are results with individual words: lithium, dose, low.

How do I search for the entire phrase?

Bruci

You might try a search engine like google.com. Type in “survivingantidepressants.org low dose lithium”

Hopefully you can get more detailed results that way.

• ChessieCat changed the title to How to use this site - questions and answers
ChessieCat
7 hours ago, Frogie said:

Type in “survivingantidepressants.org low dose lithium”

Sometimes this works better:

site:survivingantidepressants.org

And put "low dose lithium" in quotes

So:  site:survivingantidepressants.org "low dose lithium"

I just tried it using duckduckgo.com and it brings up lots of posts.

Edited by ChessieCat

NEW!!!              INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder               NEW!!! 

ADs:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after)

Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015  Current from 14 Nov 2020:  Pristiq 0.50 mg

My tapering program                                      My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

REMINDER TO SELF:  I don't need the drug now, but my still brain does.