SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

How to Summarize Your Drug History in Your Signature

Altostrata

• Administrator

Putting a SHORT version of your recent history of reducing or discontinuing drugs in your signature helps people understand your context when they read your posts.

Your signature appears under all your posts. To add or edit your signature, click on Account Settings in the menu that drops down from your name in the upper right of every page.

This link should go directly to your own signature. Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

Remember to Save after entering the text in the box:

The staff needs this information to answer your questions. In your signature, we need to see

- Exactly what drugs you're taking now (not just psychiatric drugs), with dosages and when you started each drug

- What you were taking before, with dosages and start and stop dates

As the signature is limited to 12 lines, we expect you to condense your drug history. The last few years usually will do.

FOR READABILITY, SHORT LINES ARE BEST.

• A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs
  • Include ALL drugs, doses, and dates (starting and stopping)
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years
  • Use actual dates or approximate dates (e.g. mid-June 2018) rather than relative time frames (e.g. 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months (e.g. "January" or "Jan" as 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as 9 Jan 2016 or 1 Sept 2016)
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses

Example:

2001–2002 paroxetine 
2003  citalopram 
2004  paroxetine
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to 2016 Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg

If you edit your signature, the new one replaces any prior signature. It will appear in your signature under all your posts, even your old posts. If you want to save the information in the old signature, copy it and save it in a file on your computer or in a post in your Introductions topic.

(As of 12/31/13: Signatures are limited to 12 lines of text.)

How to add or edit your signature

1. Click on this link to open the correct page in User Settings:
    Create Your Signature in "Account Settings"
    2017-June 12 update: link works on desktop, tablet and mobile phone versions

2. Enter your signature in the space provided.
  3. When you are done, Click on the big black Save button at the bottom.

If the link isn't working, follow these steps:

1. Click on the small downward arrow next to your name in the top right corner of any page.
  2. Select Account Settings from the list.
  3. On the left of the Account Settings page, click on the Signature tab. You will be able to add or edit your signature.
  4. Click on the big black Save button at the bottom when you are done.

FOR READABILITY, SHORT LINES ARE BEST.

(The history, or profile information, you entered when you registered can be read only by you and the administration team. If you wish, you can copy it to your public signature.)

If you are new, start a topic for yourself in the Introductions forum.

Link to Start a New Topic in the Introductions forum.

Link to Introductions Forum.

Thank you.

Edited by getofflex
updated

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 3 months later...

Additional suggestion: Put a link to your Introductions topic in your signature, too!

Thanks, Bar, for this suggestion.

I believe Shanti deserves the credit.

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know how to get a message out to everyone.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• 2 years later...
  • Administrator

As of today: Signatures are limited to 12 lines of text.

It seems the signature length limit got lost in last spring's site upgrade. Those very long signatures are difficult to read.

If you edit your signature now, you will find you cannot go beyond 12 lines. If your signature was longer, you will have to delete some of it.

In terms of withdrawal, your most RECENT drug and tapering history is what's most important in your signature.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 1 year later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Just a note about the importance of filling in your sig line:  As a moderator, I don't have time to read through everyone's thread from the start to find out their history and what's going on with their meds. So if I come to a thread that doesn't have a filled in sig line and is more than a week or two old, I will just click out and move on to another thread. I'm pretty sure other people do the same thing.

So if you don't fill in your sig line you may be missing out on some help and support.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

The 12-line limit applies to new signatures and signatures that are being revised.

Old signatures will not be affected by the limit until they are edited.

• manymoretodays changed the title to Please put your wihttp://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/12364-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/thdrawal history in your signature
  • 3 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

It seems some people are not adhering to this and have signatures that are a page in length, even though they've been recently edited. It just makes threads longer to read (and more data on the site).

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• Administrator

Yes, folks, please just give the bare bones of your last couple of years of drug use. Out of consideration for the rest of us, keep your signature short.

You can recount your entire history in a post in your Introductions topic.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you see people’s signatures? Sometimes I see them and sometimes not. 

Thanks!

John

Zoloft 2001-2003 forget MG's taken, tapered slowly (so I thought) to 0MG in 2003

Withdrawal led me to go on Lexapro 2003

Lexapro 15MG (15 years) 2003-2018

Tapered to 5MG over the last year and 1/2 From 01-2017 thru 04-2018 in 2MG tapers roughly a month each some 2 months or more to stabilize 

5MG Pill  to 4ML/MG Liquid Solution on 03/26/18

04-26-2018 re-upped to 4.4 ML due to withdrawal symptoms

05-06-2018 re-upped to 4.8ML due to withdrawal symptoms

05-07-2018 went to 5MG pill

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi JLex,

On some devices you can't see signatures.  On my desktop PC for example.......I can always see signatures.

However on my Android smarter than me phone(circa 2013) I cannot see them at all. 

I can get to Account Settings on my droid but it would be awkward for me to update my signature that way.  I'm not much of a dexter texter.  The link does work on most devices for writing a 12 line signature.  Unfortunately not for viewing on all devices.

So.......it may be a problem if you are switching devices.  The viewing of signatures as well as the updating of your own.  This may apply to other non PC devices as well.

To update a signature on a PC go to the top right corner of your screen and click on your user name.

>Click on Account Settings

>Click signature and from there you can update

No promises.......yet I will update my own rather bulky signature soon.

I hope that helps somewhat and Welcome aboard!

manymoretodays

Edited by manymoretodays
elaboration

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Thanks ManyMore !!!

John

Zoloft 2001-2003 forget MG's taken, tapered slowly (so I thought) to 0MG in 2003

Withdrawal led me to go on Lexapro 2003

Lexapro 15MG (15 years) 2003-2018

Tapered to 5MG over the last year and 1/2 From 01-2017 thru 04-2018 in 2MG tapers roughly a month each some 2 months or more to stabilize 

5MG Pill  to 4ML/MG Liquid Solution on 03/26/18

04-26-2018 re-upped to 4.4 ML due to withdrawal symptoms

05-06-2018 re-upped to 4.8ML due to withdrawal symptoms

05-07-2018 went to 5MG pill

• Administrator

Regarding signatures on mobile devices, software support says

This is not something in which is currently possible, without customisation to the product. It would also not actually be recommended, as signatures can tend to be quite large in size and deter mobile users.

• 1 month later...

On mobile signatures do not display which is fine.  Is there a way to link to your specific signature maybe so people can at least view it on mobile?  Signatures seem to be more updated then about anything else especially considering posts are not editable(to my knowledge).

My Intro FB Zyprexa 2015-September 2018

1st time I tried to come straight off of 10mg Zyprexa I was hospitalized for insane insomnia.

Current - Abilify Maintena & L Theanine(for akathisia)

• Administrator

True, adding a signature is difficult to do on mobile. You could enter your signature info in a post in your Introductions topic, and on mobile, put a link to that post.

Capture the link to a post by clicking on the tiny "share" icon in the top right of any post.

Is there a way to force the desktop site on Safari or Chrome that will work for this site?  I have attempted such and well it doesn't seem to work on iOS.

edit: So I have full site desktop browsers in the App Store.  What I have is called "Full Browser."  But despite displaying the full site signatures are still hidden for some reason.

1st time I tried to come straight off of 10mg Zyprexa I was hospitalized for insane insomnia.

• Administrator

The site software for mobile does not work for creating signatures. This is a known issue.

So if anyone would like to see signatures on mobile you simply need to run this javascript bookmarklet on the page your are on.

javascript:jQuery("div[data-role='memberSignature']").attr("style","display:block !important")

• Administrator

Thanks, ar. Please check here to respond to any questions about the javascript bookmarklet.

• mammaP changed the title to Vandal: Over 30 years on Paxil - want off - advice?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Bump to top. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• manymoretodays changed the title to Please put your withdrawal history in your signature
  • 2 months later...
On 5/29/2018 at 8:06 PM, arwilliams said:

So if anyone would like to see signatures on mobile you simply need to run this javascript bookmarklet on the page your are on.

javascript:jQuery("div[data-role='memberSignature']").attr("style","display:block !important")

How do I run this bookmark when I am on a specific page? Can someone provide instructions on how to use it?

2016-Aug-Prescribed 2 mg Ativan & 10 mg Ambien; Oct-c/o from 20 mg Lexapro to 60 mg Cymbalta; Nov-Dec-Tapered off 10 mg Ambien    

2017-Jan-Feb c/o from 1.75 mg Ativan to 13 mg Valium & begin daily liquid micro taper; May-taper Cymbalta 60 mg to 48 mg with severe withdrawals.  Begin 11 month Cymbalta hold.

2018-Jan 11 completed Valium taper; Apr-Resume Cymbalta taper.  Interval dose progress: Apr 43 mg; May 40 mg; Jul 35 mg; Sep 29 mg; Dec 21 mg; 

2019- Apr 14 mg; Jun 11 mg; Aug 9 mg; Oct 7 mg; Nov 6 mg

2020-Jan 5.2 mg; Feb 4.8 mg; Mar 4.3 mg; Apr 3.9 mg; May 3.5 mg; Jun 3.3 mg; Jul 2.9 mg; Aug 2.7 mg; 28 Sep 2.4 mg/12 beads; 25 Oct 2.2 mg/11 beads; 22 Nov 2.0 mg/10 beads; 20 Dec 1.8 mg/9 beads

2021- 17 Jan 1.6 mg/8 beads; 14 Feb 1.4 mg/7 beads; 18 Mar 1.2 mg/6 beads; 18 Apr 1.0 mg/5 beads; 16 May

0.8 mg/4 beads; 13 Jun 0.6 mg/3 beads; 11 Jul 0.5 mg/2 beads; 8 Aug .03 mg/1 bead; 5 Sep 0 mg.

Brutal, agonizing, slow 4.5 year Cymbalta taper completed as of 5 Sep 2021.  100% psych drug free.  

• Moderator Emeritus

I'll try a @ notification.  You could also try a PM to arwilliams.  I could not attempt to explain that one.  I think ar still checks in here.

@arwilliams

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

@gardenlady Try this for iOS Safari(which is my primary phone). 

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/74195/add-bookmarklet-to-mobile-safari

Samsung Internet on Android is the exact same technique can work but you use that.

Chrome on Android which is typically the default browser doesn't support bookmarklets.

Safari allows you to sync to your phone if you have an iPhone and Macbook Pro.

Does your phone sync to anything?  Because if so there is a slightly easier technique but it will require me setting up a website/webpage.

Here is a picture of the finished production on my iPhone.  I use this feature all the time.

enter image description here

• 1 year later...

Hi admin

why i can’t comment on tapering topics ?! I wanted comment on tips for tapering off Risperidone but I can’t . Sorry if this comment was in a wrong place !!! Can you send me an email ? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

You need to be logged in to post in Tapering topics. If you have questions about your own particular situation, please put them in your Introductions topic instead.

• Altostrata changed the title to Please summarize your withdrawal history in your signature
  • 2 months later...
On 11/20/2018 at 9:57 AM, manymoretodays said:

I'll try a @ notification.  You could also try a PM to arwilliams.  I could not attempt to explain that one.  I think ar still checks in here.

@arwilliams

@manymoretodays how did you get your signature to fit? Struggling to get mine to fit!

On Fluvoxamine since 2005.

2019:  Oct- Dec: Weaned from 300mg - 200mg

2020:

17 Jan: 175mg,      22 Jan: 150mg,          5 Feb: 125mg,       10 Feb: 100mg      

24 Feb: 50mg 

2 June: 55mg

2 July: 60mg 

10 Sep: 75mg 

23 Sep: 100mg 

26 Oct: 125mg 

• 5 months later...

It appears the site has been modified and this issue has been resolved. That at least appears to be the case on my now *android phone. 

• 1 month later...

Where do I activate it please? I deactivated it by mistake.

JUNE 2019 Tried Coaxil ,wellbutrin, cipralex, mirtazapine, effexor, sertraline, benzoS for 5 months.November 2019 started prozac 30 mg, took till May 2020 and started tapering 5 mg at a time till reached 2.5mg once every 2 3 days.January 2020 stopped benzos (tapered for 2 months).27 December 2020 stopped Prozac, 2 bad weeks.January and  february was feeling well.I am taking 2 mg of lorazepam /year.Tried 5Htp 100mg Febr 2020 for a copule of days, vomited non stop. Stopped right away.No supplements, possibly allergic to excipients now. 30 mg of Ulipristil acetate on 25th of febr.

Reinstated 0.4 mg of prozac 12 march  , had 0.2mg 13 march. Stopped reinstatement, feeling better.

• Moderator Emeritus

@Melany

Your drug signature is visible.  This link goes directly to your signature.  After editing it you need to click on Save which is under the edit box.

Suggestion:  You might keep a copy of your current signature before editing just in case you make a mistake or something goes wrong.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Done,  was a button on desktop with view signatures. A button that wasn t there on mobile . Thanks .

Can you now help me  Chessiecat? Anytime you have the time please take a look at my post please.

JUNE 2019 Tried Coaxil ,wellbutrin, cipralex, mirtazapine, effexor, sertraline, benzoS for 5 months.November 2019 started prozac 30 mg, took till May 2020 and started tapering 5 mg at a time till reached 2.5mg once every 2 3 days.January 2020 stopped benzos (tapered for 2 months).27 December 2020 stopped Prozac, 2 bad weeks.January and  february was feeling well.I am taking 2 mg of lorazepam /year.Tried 5Htp 100mg Febr 2020 for a copule of days, vomited non stop. Stopped right away.No supplements, possibly allergic to excipients now. 30 mg of Ulipristil acetate on 25th of febr.

Reinstated 0.4 mg of prozac 12 march  , had 0.2mg 13 march. Stopped reinstatement, feeling better.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Mejia1980: Reglan / metoclopramide injection - immediate adverse reaction
  • getofflex changed the title to How to Summarize Your Drug History in Your Signature
  • getofflex pinned this topic
  • ChessieCat locked this topic
  • Moderator Emeritus

We have locked this topic to future posts. 

Please ask questions about how to add a signature in your own introduction / update thread. If you're having technical problems accessing or using the signature feature, please let us know here in the Technical support and bug reports.

Thank you.