Sister of Saradee: Help needed urgently in NJ

Saradee

Hi all,

I am in the process of preparing for my own taper off of Zoloft, which I've been taking for over 20 years on and off, but I have a more urgent need right now. My sister, who lives in NJ, is suffering and in need of urgent help. She takes multiple prescribed medications, including Buprenorphine, Xanax, Tamazepam, Ketamine, and Adderol. She reached out today asking for help because she is not functioning (unable to perform basic self care tasks like eating, bathing, brushing her teeth, caring for her teenage child). She feels scared of everything. And she feels physically ill (vomiting among other symptoms). A few weeks ago she expressed interest in tapering off her medications, but today she said she needs inpatient support. I am trying to help find a place that will provide the help and stabilization she is asking for and am terrified she could end up traumatized by an inpatient stay and worse in the long run. Has anyone had a positive experience in a facility in NJ? I'm very worried for my sister and feeling helpless trying to help from MA. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1999-present: Sertraline 50 mg

Started and stopped a few times. On consistently since 2009.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Saradee: help needed urgently in NJ
  • Moderator Emeritus
ChessieCat

Hi Saradee,

That is very thoughtful that you are wanting to get help for your sister.

Please ask your sister to join SA and create her own Introduction topic so the staff will be able to work with her direct.   It is very difficult to work through a third party.  Working directly with the person taking the drugs is also beneficial for them because they can feel more in control.

Please start an Introduction topic for yourself and create your drug signature following these instructions:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

NEW!!!     INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder    NEW!!! 

Plodding along inch by inch:  12" = 1',  3' =  36 " or 1 yard,  1760 yards  = 63,360" or 1 mile

Current from 17 Apr 2021:  Pristiq 0.2665mg  now holding each dose for 3 weeks

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015 

My tapering program   My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)  My website

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

• Moderator Emeritus
ChessieCat
6 hours ago, Saradee said:

today she said she needs inpatient support. I am trying to help find a place that will provide the help and stabilization she is asking for and am terrified she could end up traumatized by an inpatient stay and worse in the long run. Has anyone had a positive experience in a facility in NJ? I'm very worried for my sister and feeling helpless trying to help from MA. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Please check out this topic:

recommended-doctors-therapists-and-clinics

Plodding along inch by inch:  12" = 1',  3' =  36 " or 1 yard,  1760 yards  = 63,360" or 1 mile

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015 

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Sister of Saradee: Help needed urgently in NJ
  • Moderator Emeritus
ChessieCat

I am pleased to post that Saradee's sister has now joined as a member:

lindsey75-urgently-need-help

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy