Irritability- WD or side effect?

I have become more & more irritable the older I get. I just chalked it up to age & kids. I did notice a big jump after my 2yo was born though. Like it’s uncontrollable at times. Well guess when I started my SSRI? (Escitalopram) 2 years ago! I thought it helped my irritability at first though. Then it got bad again. 🤔 I do think it’s gotten a little worse since I started tapering down, but I’m bad about remembering the timing of all my symptoms. In your experience is it more a side effect of the meds or WD symptom? 

AND, have you found anything to help it??

(I am big into natural health & have found things to help all kinds of symptoms. Nothing has ever helped my irritability 😣.)

May 2019 started lexapro 2.5 mg

2020 went to every other day

2021 beginning of Mar, tried to stop but had insomnia

Mar 30, 2021 reinstated 1.25 ev other day, WD symptoms, not enough

April 19, 2021 started liquid, .85 mg/day

May 1, 2021 .8 mg/day

• 3 weeks later...

It can be both. I found that all I can do when it hits is take myself off to the bedroom, shut the door, and isolate myself from my family until it passes so that I don't lash out and yell at them. 

Jan 2020-now - Tranexamic acid and 800mg ibuprofen for heavy periods

2015-2020 - Sertraline (Zoloft) - started at 25mg, went up to 200mg, tapered back down to 75mg, off in August 2020 (don't recall dates)

2015-now - Ritalin on and off as needed

2015 for 6 months - (before Sertraline) a month on Lithium, list of others I can't recall, Quetiapine (period of psych trying me on different drugs to see what would 'work')

Supplements: Probiotics | Magnesium + zinc + B6 | Hemp seed oil (omega-3) | Ferrograd (iron) + vitamin C | Collagen 

Intro topic: lostmysock: Sertraline 5 years, off since August 2020

On 4/30/2021 at 10:53 PM, lostmysock said:

It can be both. I found that all I can do when it hits is take myself off to the bedroom, shut the door, and isolate myself from my family until it passes so that I don't lash out and yell at them. 

Yes, I do this too. I think it’s mostly a side effect for me, so far.

May 2019 started lexapro 2.5 mg

2020 went to every other day

2021 beginning of Mar, tried to stop but had insomnia

Mar 30, 2021 reinstated 1.25 ev other day, WD symptoms, not enough

April 19, 2021 started liquid, .85 mg/day

May 1, 2021 .8 mg/day

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy