Need advice on the right words to say for daughter tapering of meds

Reagan was released on March 18th and we've been tapering off meds (psychiatrist feels this was medicine toxicity) and not a mood disorder. Reagan was very go,go,go prior to her manic reaction to zoloft (the genetic test showed that Zoloft should NOT be a med she takes.) At times Reagan is very sad because she feels like she can't meet her own standards of being organized or productive. We are very encouraging and only ask that she rests so there is no pressure at home. It is all coming from her. While I take it as a good sign that she is thinking about her future and trying to get organized...it's heart breaking to hear her call herself worthless; something she would have never said before this happened. We're trying to keep her balanced with talking and visiting friends, exercise and appointments. I'm sure this is all helping. But, I don't know how many times I can tell her that she is FINE; it's the medicine causing her to be confused or to not make sense sometimes. It's heart breaking to tell her it will just take time (although we have no idea how MUCH time.)If you have any advice of things that helped you or that helped a love one - I would really love to hear it. Thanks. Maybe even shows, websites or podcasts you think might help her as she goes through this. Jen

February 17, 2021-   March 4, 2021 - 150 MG Trazadone (bedtime as needed)

February 17, 2021  - March 4, 202 - 120 MG Propranolol 2x a day, as needed for heart

February 17, 2021  - March 4, 2021 - 80 MG Latuda 1x day/dinner

February 17, 2021  - March 4, 2021 - 300 MG Lithium 3x/day

NEW HOSPITAL

March 4– April 1st - Lorazepam - 1 MG 3x day, April 12th, 2021 – current - Lorazepam (Ativan)- .5 MG 3x day
March 4– April 1st  - Quetiapine - 300 mg - bedtime, April 12th, 2021 – current
March 4– April 1st - Divalproex 250 mg - 1 - morning and 500 mg/night, April 12th, 2021 – current - decreased to 500 mg bedtime
March 4– April 1st  - Mirtazapine 15 MG/bedtime STOPPED April 8th

March 4– April 1st - Quetiapine - 50 MG 2x day, STOPPED April 8th

• Moderator Emeritus
ChessieCat

There might be some helpful information in these topics:

helping-family-understand

withdrawal-dialogues-encouragement

You might also check out the topics in this area of the site, especially the pinned topics at the top of the list:

finding-meaning

NEW!!!     INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder    NEW!!! 

Plodding along inch by inch:  12" = 1',  3' =  36 " or 1 yard,  1760 yards  = 63,360" or 1 mile

Current from 17 Apr 2021:  Pristiq 0.2665mg  now holding each dose for 3 weeks

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015 

My tapering program   My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)  My website

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy