Fasting stops restlessness, neuroemotions, OCD/Panic

Richard1

So i just completed a 48 hr fast drinking only water. I didn't feel this constant and awful feeling like I'm going to be on the verge of a panic attack for no reason, although its more like feeling a massive excess of energy, again totally independent of my mood etc. 

All i got on the fast was feeling kinda tired and being a bit foggy in my cognition but i have that even without fasting. 

Within a hr of eating my first foods again, nuts/seeds, dates, 1/3cup of rice, sardines all in all about 600-800 cals this very uncomfortable inner restlessness of mind and body kick start up again. I'm in bed and i literally cannot stop moving my hips and legs otherwise i feel like I'm literally gonna spin out of control with this outrageous OCD/Panic type feeling ive been having since withdrawls and loose consciousness /awareness of what im dojng. 

Is been 6 weeks now since i last took a dose. So not free from symptoms, but getting better every week on average.

Anyone got their own experiences with fasting/other things they found interesting? 

Venlafaxine 75mg Nov 2020 - March 2021

• 2 weeks later...

I would guess that it is your body being put into ketosis from the fast, which calms the restlessness and panic. When the body is in ketosis it produces more GABA, which is a calming neurotransmitter (the ones benzos target). Many people who eat a ketogenic diet report a feeling calmer and clearer headed. I have noticed if i eat a lot of junk food my agitation and restlessness skyrockets.

Started Lexapro 5mg Mid March 2020

Increased to 10mg April 2020

Increased to 15mg June 2020

Decreased back down to 10mg July 2020

Decreased down to 5mg August 2020

Came off Completely September 2020

thanks! I did a 84hr one later on and found that once i started eating my symptoms came back where as during the later stages on the fast I felt pretty good

Venlafaxine 75mg Nov 2020 - March 2021

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy