SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Melaan: Is it possible to stabilise after an updose for the 2nd time? I still feel bad ...

Melaan

Hi @Altostrata,

Since Tuesday things are getting hard. Sleeping is OK, but especially today I feel very agitated. I went for A walk for de 2nd time, but did not help.  Yesterday I had anxiety and felt down. I was on 7,2mg for only 5 days and am on 7,5 back for 10 days. 

Its bizar how such a small change can give so much WD. 

Is it possible that my body doesnt allow the 7,5mg this time? Its very hard to get through the days right now and I dont want to take Xanax. But this is too hard. 

Thank you!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13 

Mirtazapine:

START:7,5 mg - December 28th 2020

ALMOST CTcut 15 mg into 7 pieces: March 9th, last tiny piece: March 15th

REINSTATE :7,5 mg: March 23th

‘SLOW’ TAPER (-0,1 each day): 7,4mg:March 29th-7,0 mg:April 2nd till April 24th

REINSTATE:7,5 mg: April 25th

• Administrator

As explained earlier, when you increase the dosage of mirtazapine, it can take up to 2 weeks to reach full effect. The dosage increase to 7.5mg is reaching full effect. You might have found that this is too high a dose. You might want to try 7.25mg.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Altostratasorry I missed that. I”m so nervous...

But can I stay on 7,5 now? I will eventually stabilse as you said. I am afraid to do another change. 

Mirtazapine:

• Administrator

You may find 7.25mg (or less) to be more comfortable.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

But I couldnt handle 7,2mg. And I dont have 7,25. My Dr gave me 7,5mg. I have to pay for the smaller dosage and I first need te recover from my burn-out before trying again. Maybe next year. 

Dont know what to do now. I was always on 7,5mg and was fine... Will I finally stabilise? Maybe I have to call my Dr tomorrow? 

Mirtazapine:

• Administrator

What do you mean, you couldn't handle 7.2mg? From your history, it appears you tried it for a few days, then decided it wasn't enough and increased the dosage.

Now it appears you have symptoms from TOO MUCH mirtazapine. We see this often in a reinstatement when people go up to too high a dosage. So how would you rectify this?

You might be able to get liquid mirtazapine so you can customize your dosage, or make a liquid yourself. See Tips for tapering off mirtazapine (Remeron)

@Altostratasorry, my history 

wasnt complete. Now it is. 

I was on 7,5mg from the beginning. I decreased from 7,5 to 7,2 for only 5 days. The WD started and I went back on 7,5mg, my original dose. So I did not go higher. 

My English is not that OK, maybe I wasnt clear. Or I was and I will not stabilise at 7,5. That would be a problem. 

Today we go on holiday. I dont have the stuff and tablets to make liquid. 

Thank you so much for your time! 

Mirtazapine:

@Altostratawhen I decreased from 7,5 to 7,2 after 5 days the WD kicked with high agitation. Yesterday it was back.

Ive got tablets off Mirt in 5-2-1-0,5-0,2-0,1mg.  But if I have to stay on a 7,3 for example for months/years, I have to pay 150euro a month. The Dr only has 7,5. 

When I went back to 7,5 at the end of April, I finally stabilised. Is it possibke that this time it wont work?

Mirtazapine:

@ten0275I read your story. You have done amazing! Are you feeling OK now? Was the tapering of Mirt hard?

@Altostratawow, I read and saw your story. You are a hero. Gives me a reason not to complain and things will be OK. Thank you for your help. When I am recovered I want to help otters too. 

Mirtazapine:

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Melaan said:

Ive got tablets off Mirt in 5-2-1-0,5-0,2-0,1mg.

What does this mean? You have tablets in a range of dosages?

13 hours ago, Melaan said:

Since Tuesday things are getting hard. Sleeping is OK, but especially today I feel very agitated. I went for A walk for de 2nd time, but did not help.  Yesterday I had anxiety and felt down. I was on 7,2mg for only 5 days and am on 7,5 back for 10 days. 

As I explained, the timing of the increase in symptoms you reported matches the amount of time mirtazapine takes to ramp up to full effect. If you like the current effect of your mirtazapine dosage, you can stay at this dosage as long as you like.

It seemed you didn't like it, so I suggested you back down a bit in dosage. Your decision.

@AltostrataI ordered the tablets at a special pharmacy (Regenboog in Holland) But I have to pay a lot  for them myself. 
The 7,5mg is free. And if I have to stay on them till I feel better, maybe another year, than is 7,3 very expensive and maybe it takes much time to stabilise as if on 7,5?

I dont like the effect right now, but 7,2 wasnt ok either. It had been 10 days since I am back at 7,5. 

Mirtazapine:

• Moderator Emeritus

@Melaan

Thank you for taking the time to read the story, and for the good words.

I am feeling ok, I've a lot of gratitude for the life I live now for sure. Tapering off of Mirt was challenging. More than anything though, it took patience. A lot of it. Cutting when I could, holding when I needed to.

Zorg alsjeblieft goed voor je zelf. Hang daar binnen.

Dave

Edited by ten0275

1996 - .5mg Ativan as needed, 7.5mg Remeron daily2008 - .5mg Xanax, Ativan discontinued, Remeron continued2012 - .5mg Xanax, .25mg Ativan 3x daily, Remeron continued2/2012 - Jumped from Remeron, continued .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily4/2012 - Began rapid taper of .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily6/2012 - Jumped from Xanax and Ativan, voluntary hospitalization followed7/2012 - 2nd voluntary hospitalization, reinstated Remeron, bumped to 30mg, also given risperidone.8/2012 - discontinued risperidone, tried gabapentin, dicontinued gabapentin, Remeron 30mg continued10/2012 to current - tapered Remeron 10% every 4 to 6 weeks (sometimes more time) using liquid compound12/2014 - 2mg Remeron 1/16/2015 - 1.9mg Remeron 8/1/2015 -1.6mg Remeron - 03/1/2016 - 1.5mg Remeron - 1/2/2017 1.3mg - 5/7/2017 1.2mg - 5/13/2017 - syringe size change - 6/8/2017 - 1.1mg - 7/10/2017 - 1mg - 9/1/2017 - 0.9mg - 10/22/2017 - 0.8mg - 11/22/2017 - 0.7mg - 2/2/2018 - 0.6mg - 3/13/2018 - new compound pharmacy - 5/20/2018 - 0.5mg - 8/31/2018 - 0.4mg - 11/16/2018 - 0.3mg - 12/24/2018 - 0.2mg - 4/1/2019 - 0.1mg - 5/1/2019 - .05mg - 0mg achieved 2019-06-15. 🤞

• Administrator

@Melaan If you choose to take a dosage that causes adverse effects, that's your decision. You'll have to cope with the symptoms. We cannot give you an answer for the additional cost of another prescription.

Eventually, you'll have to figure out how to gradually taper. We have a lot of people here who are titrating with homemade mirtazapine liquids, which cost only the expense of the tablets. You may wish to read this again Tips for tapering off mirtazapine (Remeron)

@AltostrataI dont want to be pigheaded, but I thought that one is always able to finallly stabilise after a tjme. Like I did last time. I eventually felt ok on 7,5. 

Offcourse I  dont want to stay in WD for a year until I am hopefully recovered from my illness and  strong enough to taper. 

Maybe my misunderstanding….

Mirtazapine:

• Administrator

Your assumptions are incorrect. Whatever you took before may not work again. Your nervous system may get progressively more sensitive. You determine what to do from your current symptoms, not what happened before.

If you want to stay at your current dose regardless of adverse effects, there's no argument. Go ahead.

@Altostrataaha OK. Did not know that! So if my symptoms dont ease, I have to go down a bit. Right now I am on holiday. Friday I come back. Will it be too late to drop? And when things go better I have to stay on 7,5? 
This medicine is making me so nervous and insecure. Am afraid what will come… 

So going to 7,3? Abd waiting for how many days? Or try 7,4 first?

Mirtazapine:

• ChessieCat changed the title to Melaan: Is it possible to stabilise after an updose for the 2nd time? I still feel bad ...

@Altostrata

- Should I see how Friday goes? When things go better, stay on 7,5?
- When not, do I first need to go to the 7,5 from the new pharmacy? 

-In this condition, am I able to feel when I stabilise? (I have a lot of the same thing cause of my burn-out/adrenaline fatigue??) I dont want to push things even more. 

- And going down to 7,3?
- And holding there for how long, each step? 
- So no ‘vacation’ for my CNS?

ATM sleeping is fine, no diarrhea, no nausea. The main thing is the restlessness that comes and goes and less appetite. And some days feeling down. 

Thank you so much! This new approach brings so many questions now. 

Mirtazapine:

• Administrator

You need to see how this continues to affect you.

So far, it sounds like 7.5mg is a bit too much. But it's up to you to observe yourself fairly. All we can go on is what you report.

@Altostratathank you so much for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate it. 

Today was a good day. In the morning I feit a bit down, but went away. And I didnt had much agitation or anxiety. I felt quite OK.  A bit tired and some other issues from my burn-out. But for me a day to handle pretty good. I’ve had very few of these days the past year. 

i know from my experience that tomorrow can be very different. But I am thankful for this. 

is this a good sign? I still will be observing my symptoms that I write in my diary, as I do with all things for almost a year from the point I became sick. 

Best wishes!

Mirtazapine:

@ten0275good to hear! And some

Dutch words, how nice! 

Mirtazapine:

• Administrator

Yes, if you feel relatively well, that is a good sign.