SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Kush Tapering off Risperidol and facing challenges with past memories and study stress.

Kush

Hello everyone,I am Kush and I have been on antipsychotic medicine since 2012.....it all started due to mistreatment and abuses in my teen years which lasted for 7 yrs. It was not continuous though intermittent but very hursh to my mental health.  At the age of 19  in 2012 I took admission for undergraduate course in a another town. There  in rented room i was sad,numb,and sleepy all the time .l cant take it anymore so I my self told my parent to take me to either psychotherapist or psychiatrist. Treatment started and so does numbness and frozzen emotions  .In 2013  At that time doctor prescribed me 2-3 drugs one such was nexito-. Epscilopram i think so . In 2013 in 2nd yr I was in conflict with my batchmates as roommates and left alone in . Medicine of one kind 40mg and another  2mg was given to me . I once completely stop taking medicines in August of 2016 and it turned me like dumb and stupid and People started taking advantage of me and frequent quarrel happened with batchmates. In feb 2017 I cant take it any more so went to new doctor of checking.In a nutshell I say that my undergraduate period was hell made by my classmates to peace,support ,and guidance by my seniors and few good batchmates.In june

2017 I passed out from college and  Was taking schizophrenia medicine resperidone,about 2mg.after passout, My time in2017 was the best of my life happy ,cheerful ,confident, at peace, this lasted until june of 2019         I was taking 1mg from june 2018 to june 2019.         My doctor then tapered to 0.75mg from 1mg .I was facing high pressure during this time. This doctor had changed the brand of my generic medicine. So felt that also. From june 2019 to june 2020 I was suffering so much  all symptoms,all memories,all conflicts, messing my head. I told doctor to stick to previous brand of medicines and gradually the symptoms decrease,in dec. 2020 i tapered to 0.5 mg but in liquid form. Now april 2021 I feel quiet comfortable but headache sometimes continues and also old memories hurts and makes me emotional.

Will you please help me come out of this Resperidol . Also please do share  your feeling about the past memories coming often to you?? I want some tranquilizing herbs or supplements to keep me calm .please suggest me any .....

Started on august 2012

Until feb 2017 no data of prescribition available

Feb 2017.  Resperidone 2mg

August 2018 1mg resperidone

June 2019. 0.75 mg resperidone

March 2020 0.5 mg resperidone

August 2020 0.75mg resperidone

December 2020 0.5 mg resperidone

Currently may 2021 0.5mg resperidone

• Altostrata changed the title to Kush Tapering off Risperidol and facing challenges with past memories and study stress.
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Kush

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

On 4/29/2021 at 12:00 AM, Kush said:

From june 2019 to june 2020 I was suffering so much  all symptoms,all memories,all conflicts, messing my head. I told doctor to stick to previous brand of medicines and gradually the symptoms decrease,in dec. 2020 i tapered to 0.5 mg but in liquid form. Now april 2021 I feel quiet comfortable but headache sometimes continues and also old memories hurts and makes me emotional.

You are still taking 0.5mg? Here are our Tips for tapering off risperidone (Risperdal)

Do you get the headache at any particular times of day?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 4:02 AM, Altostrata said:

Welcome, @Kush

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

You are still taking 0.5mg? Here are our Tips for tapering off risperidone (Risperdal)

I get irritation on in left side of brain.....something inflammation sensation over there

Started on august 2012

Hey everyone I think I wrote a huge describtion of my self above.... So I am describing it in brief. ......

I started medication from july 2012 with 2 -3 medicine escatopram,lexito,amisulpride

Got huge reactions in my head my relationship suffered during this period .I was in college at that time. Until 2014 it remained same then in 2015 again 3 medicines escatopram amisulpride ,other drugs name i dont remember ,in 2016 i changed my doctor so does medicine.in 2017 i took resperidone 2mg ....felt good .. .  ....one in 2015 and 2016 i stopped cold turkey and was worst experiences of my life. 2017 to 2018 resperidone 2mg.

2018 to 2019 tapered to 1mg resperidone.

2019 to march 2020 0.75 mg respridone but different brand. Reactions occured .

Again to previous brand of resperidone 0.5 mg resperidone liquid solution from dec 2020 

Now may 2020..presently taking 0.5 mg liquid solution resperidone.

Please help me to come out of withrawal symptoms ,please suggest me any herbal supplement effective in tackling withrawals.

Note withrawal symptoms are anxiety ,head burning on one side ,stress,doubting others of avoiding me due to my looking at them.    .

Started on august 2012

• Administrator
On 4/30/2021 at 3:32 PM, Altostrata said:

Please answer this question.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

On 5/12/2021 at 12:42 AM, Altostrata said:

Please answer this question.

Not particular time of day but its like 24/7. Headache starts while getting up in the morning. And persist till night. It sometimes gets mitigate for 2-3 hrs  when I do exercise at evening.

Started on august 2012

• Administrator

Perhaps you might do more gentle exercise at intervals throughout the day. This can help people recover from withdrawal symptoms. You have tapered too fast.

I would not make another reduction until these symptoms go away, and then go much more slowly, as in Tips for tapering off risperidone (Risperdal)

On 5/14/2021 at 12:23 AM, Altostrata said:

Perhaps you might do more gentle exercise at intervals throughout the day. This can help people recover from withdrawal symptoms. You have tapered too fast.

I would not make another reduction until these symptoms go away, and then go much more slowly, as in Tips for tapering off risperidone (Risperdal)

Yeah i did tapered fast .....now in 0.5 mg for 5 months still withrawal ....but I got it that exercise at certain intervals of day can help me reduce its effects. 

Altostrata,will you recommand any group, that can help me more?? Any alternate herbs you suggest.

Started on august 2012

• Administrator

There are a number of support groups on Facebook, you are welcome to join them.

On 5/18/2021 at 3:36 AM, Altostrata said:

There are a number of support groups on Facebook, you are welcome to join them.

Thanks Altostrata.........i will see it.......

Started on august 2012

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there. I Need help......   

Today i felt hullicination .... Last night i didnot take med.  And didint sleep well......

I get the thought that people act different or not good when i am in windows or wave......does is it true or just my another hallucination...... What should i do....???

I most of time hide my inner feelings or state by showing normal face as nothing has happened ....

Do i need to express or show in my face what ever i feel or hide it as it is.....???.

Started on august 2012

• 2 weeks later...

I tapered to 0.490 mg for 2 weeks 1st week i felt normal but in 2nd week  .i am feeling irritation on my left side of brain plus various emotions on my face draining ,,,,.....feeling my emotions are stuck on my face..... What to do now???

Started on august 2012

• 2 weeks later...

Today I met the doctor and i asked him tell the side effects of resperidone but he replied that there is no side effects to this med. And its all your disease coming back to you....so take this med its effect will lower your symptoms of schizophrenia........

He prescribed additional med Blonanserin 4 mg.  Please someone tell me about this new med. ,

Should I take this new med to cope with withrawals or just take resperidone and taper it as usual

Started on august 2012