Jadenatalie: Hello! 7 weeks into withdrawal and I'm in hell.

Jadenatalie

• Mentor

@Jadenatalie  It is great to see that you are healing.😊  It gives me hope that our brain does heal

5 hours ago, Jadenatalie said:

But i dont see many people on here talking of weak muscles etc so it is worrying me. I've also had anxiety/panic symptoms still,

Just to reassure you, I am still having muscle weakness in my arms and legs.  Sometimes it feels like a tingling under my skin.

If you are interest in finding something specific on SA you can go to google and type in surviving antidepressants and muscle weakness and it will show you other peoples threads that have  commented  on muscle weakness. (I don't know if you knew this)

5 hours ago, Jadenatalie said:

Had a really good day on Sunday, went walking, went walking in the river and stream, laughed, felt peace at some points

Sounds like you had a good time.  I love being by water.  

Here is to another weak of healing❤️

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

Hi @Greatful yes seeing those glimpses of normal does give me hope, they aren't huge moments, but they're there.

I did try searching for muscle weakness and didn't find much actually on the search bar. It doesn't seem to be talked about alot. I also get the tingling feeling, sometimes pins and needles, sometimes slight tremors under the skin and sometimes it feels like my nerves or muscles are rippling under my skin aswell. When I try do anything slightly strenuous, my muscles feel really odd and tired. I'm still on the fence about taking it further with my GP, but then it means undergoing tests that will most likely come back normal and to be honest I want to avoid those unnecessary tests because of how sensitive my nerves and anxiety is. I do find it's worse when i'm very anxious, so i'm not sure whether its to do with anxiety because it did start at the same time as the anxiety flared up. It's hard to know what to do! 

xx

May 2016- August 2020 Fluoxetine 20mg (pooped out)

August 2020 - December 2020 Sertraline 50mg (adverse effects)

Dec 2020-Mar 10th 2021 Citalopram 20mg (adverse effects)- STOPPED cold turkey

Fully antidepressant free since 10th March 2021. 

Take occasional propranolol 10mg.

On 9/2/2021 at 8:15 AM, Jadenatalie said:

Hi @Greatful yes seeing those glimpses of normal does give me hope, they aren't huge moments, but they're there.

I did try searching for muscle weakness and didn't find much actually on the search bar. It doesn't seem to be talked about alot. I also get the tingling feeling, sometimes pins and needles, sometimes slight tremors under the skin and sometimes it feels like my nerves or muscles are rippling under my skin aswell. When I try do anything slightly strenuous, my muscles feel really odd and tired. I'm still on the fence about taking it further with my GP, but then it means undergoing tests that will most likely come back normal and to be honest I want to avoid those unnecessary tests because of how sensitive my nerves and anxiety is. I do find it's worse when i'm very anxious, so i'm not sure whether its to do with anxiety because it did start at the same time as the anxiety flared up. It's hard to know what to do! 

xx

Just want to reassure you about the muscle weakness, tremors, rippling, tingling, etc. I have had it all and continue to now, almost 10 months on. Muscle symptoms have been my worse WD side effects. It’s extremely unsettling, I know. But hopefully hearing other people’s experiences will give you some reassurance. X 

Mid-August 2020 - started 15mg Mirtazapine, increased to 30mg 2 weeks later. Late-September 2020 - switched to 20mg Paroxetine as Mirtazapine exacerbated RLS. October 2020 - stopped Paroxetine because of worsening RLS, muscle twitching and general restlessness.

Mid-October 2020 - Switched to 50mg Sertraline. Restlessness, muscle twitching and other symptoms even worse. Stopped taking it on 18 November following advice from GP - took every other day for a week before stopping completely. Mid-November 2020 - GP prescribed Propranolol to take as and when required for anxiety. Have only taken a few times as it makes me very light headed. January 2020 - currently taking magnesium citrate powder in evenings to help with RLS. Also taking high strength omega-3 fish oil. 

18 hours ago, HealthHopeHappiness said:

Just want to reassure you about the muscle weakness, tremors, rippling, tingling, etc. I have had it all and continue to now, almost 10 months on. Muscle symptoms have been my worse WD side effects. It’s extremely unsettling, I know. But hopefully hearing other people’s experiences will give you some reassurance. X 

Hey @HealthHopeHappiness thank you for the reassurance. I've convinced myself I've got MND or MS or something like that! I had blood tests, every blood test you can imagine and they came back normal. My muscles feel terrible today, really stiff, achy, weak and almost abit crampy but not full blown cramp. Very weird feeling. I did speak to my doctor a couple of month ago about the muscle ache because I had about a week where I couldn't barely move it was so bad and he just said my bloods are fine and that it can just be stress. (I didn't mention w/d, he doesn't believe in it). But my muscles have bothered me throughout w/d and it seems to be getting worse. I do see alot of people on here say they're gone to the neurologist, including yourself and said the tests were all normal. So I'm going to leave it abit longer and see if it subsides on its own. Xx

Hi Jadenatalie, I am so sorry to read that your muscle issues are not improving. I know it is easy to say from an outside point of view, especially as I myself was scared to have an underlying health issue with how much WD kicked (and still kicks!) my butt, but I am firmly convinced this will resolve. As you said, it has been with you through WD and to me this wouldn't be a coincidence, rather a direct effect of WD. Everyone has different symptoms and it is true that some have wildly different symptoms from one wave to another, but as I read in the success stories some people did have very long-lasting particular symptoms :(

The fact that you say it does seem to be worsened when you are anxious further convinces me it's WD. When I was arguably at the worst, a few weeks ago before my trip, I had never ever felt so weak and exhausted. Even during the "acute" phase of WD, and during some time my legs could barely handle me. It was terrible. I am sure it was WD+underlying stress, as it slowly but surely resolved.

Long story short, I am sure this will subside, and hopeful that it will do so soon enough, and just be a bad memory. Crossing fingers for you, you're so strong, keep it up!!

Better days are ahead. If you read this and are still struggling - hang in there. It'll be worth it. My success story: I recovered from Escitalopram withdrawal.

Aug 2017 - May 2018 -> Escitalopram 10 mg. 

Nov 2018 - Jan 2021 -> Escitalopram 10 mg. Feb 2021 - 5 mg.  Feb-March 2021 - 5 mg, one day out of two.

Since March 13th, 2021 -> Escitalopram 0 mg. Withdrawal appeared 1 week after last dose.

Profile image: Edward Robert Hughes' "Night"

10 hours ago, Jadenatalie said:

Hey @HealthHopeHappiness thank you for the reassurance. I've convinced myself I've got MND or MS or something like that! I had blood tests, every blood test you can imagine and they came back normal. My muscles feel terrible today, really stiff, achy, weak and almost abit crampy but not full blown cramp. Very weird feeling. I did speak to my doctor a couple of month ago about the muscle ache because I had about a week where I couldn't barely move it was so bad and he just said my bloods are fine and that it can just be stress. (I didn't mention w/d, he doesn't believe in it). But my muscles have bothered me throughout w/d and it seems to be getting worse. I do see alot of people on here say they're gone to the neurologist, including yourself and said the tests were all normal. So I'm going to leave it abit longer and see if it subsides on its own. Xx

Yes I have had the exact same thoughts and worries all through WD, it is terrifying and once the thought enters your head, it is very hard not to let the anxiety spiral. I still battle with it now even after neurological tests have been done. But when I hear others saying they have the same symptoms it helps me rationalise, which is a hard thing to do when your mind is recovering from WD. Keep talking and asking questions here, I would say that helped me more than any neuro tests did. Stiff, achy, weak, crampy - these are all symptoms I experience too daily. X

Mid-August 2020 - started 15mg Mirtazapine, increased to 30mg 2 weeks later. Late-September 2020 - switched to 20mg Paroxetine as Mirtazapine exacerbated RLS. October 2020 - stopped Paroxetine because of worsening RLS, muscle twitching and general restlessness.

Mid-October 2020 - Switched to 50mg Sertraline. Restlessness, muscle twitching and other symptoms even worse. Stopped taking it on 18 November following advice from GP - took every other day for a week before stopping completely. Mid-November 2020 - GP prescribed Propranolol to take as and when required for anxiety. Have only taken a few times as it makes me very light headed. January 2020 - currently taking magnesium citrate powder in evenings to help with RLS. Also taking high strength omega-3 fish oil. 

On 9/4/2021 at 6:30 PM, siderale said:

Hi Jadenatalie, I am so sorry to read that your muscle issues are not improving. I know it is easy to say from an outside point of view, especially as I myself was scared to have an underlying health issue with how much WD kicked (and still kicks!) my butt, but I am firmly convinced this will resolve. As you said, it has been with you through WD and to me this wouldn't be a coincidence, rather a direct effect of WD. Everyone has different symptoms and it is true that some have wildly different symptoms from one wave to another, but as I read in the success stories some people did have very long-lasting particular symptoms :(

The fact that you say it does seem to be worsened when you are anxious further convinces me it's WD. When I was arguably at the worst, a few weeks ago before my trip, I had never ever felt so weak and exhausted. Even during the "acute" phase of WD, and during some time my legs could barely handle me. It was terrible. I am sure it was WD+underlying stress, as it slowly but surely resolved.

Long story short, I am sure this will subside, and hopeful that it will do so soon enough, and just be a bad memory. Crossing fingers for you, you're so strong, keep it up!!

Hi @siderale Yes i agree, i think everyone has their own particular symptoms that seem to last longer than others... Yes i definitely think stress has a big part to play in my symptoms. I'm just hoping as the weeks and months go on it settles down. I think if the muscles issues dont settle down after another few months - the year mark then i'll probably contact my GP again. I did speak to my GP a few weeks back and he didnt seem concerned, said it was most likely stress related. 

Thank you. You are too! we can do this. 💝 xx

• ChessieCat changed the title to Jadenatalie: Hello! New here, 7 weeks into withdrawal and im in HELL.

Week 26: The past week has mainly been bad. I seem to have fallen into a wave again which consists mainly of severe anxiety/panic. I'm also still having the muscle issues, ive also started with reflux again which i did have at the beginning of this process and nausea. I'm still going to work etc and doing everything as normal as possible. i did have a sick day last week for the first time since withdrawal. I think the anxiety is worse at the moment due to approaching the 6 month mark (friday!) this seems to be a common time of people experiencing an uplift in their symptoms, especially anxiety. i have read alot that it seems to settle down between the 9 months - 1 year mark, just hoping i have the strength to keep going until then. I also have the dentist tomorrow for my fillings and deep clean, i'm extremely nervous for this appointment which i think is elevating my stress levels. I have no idea why i'm so scared because i've never been scared of the dentist before and i've had loads of dental work previously and been fine, i've had a baby, i've had epidurals, blood transfusions, i've never been scared of medical procedures until being in withdrawal and i believe its because of the chemically heightened anxiety. 

Anyway, i'll post another update friday because that will be my 6 month mark (HUGE milestone for me). Eventhough i'm updating this weekly, i tend to be counting more in months now instead of weeks because the months are more significant to me now. Anyway, heres to pushing through another day. xx

6 months med free (yesterday!) 😊 such a huge milestone for me x

You got this! Congratulations, you've gone so far already!

I hope your stress is more manageable and that you are having a good week-end, take care ♥

Better days are ahead. If you read this and are still struggling - hang in there. It'll be worth it. My success story: I recovered from Escitalopram withdrawal.

Nov 2018 - Jan 2021 -> Escitalopram 10 mg. Feb 2021 - 5 mg.  Feb-March 2021 - 5 mg, one day out of two.

Since March 13th, 2021 -> Escitalopram 0 mg. Withdrawal appeared 1 week after last dose.

Week 27: So, this week has been pretty up and down again. I was absolutely fine at the dentist, had a deep clean and 4 fillings and didnt freak out. it went the best it could i think! My muscles still feel quite weak and shaky etc, i spoke to my doctor again and she seems pretty sure its nothing to worry about due to the amount of bloods ive had done and all being normal. I have actually paid for a private Lyme disease test, just to put my mind at ease that it isnt that, i did have what was suspected 'ringworm' in May for approx 10 weeks and obviously ringworm and lyme rashes are very similar so i want to get the Lyme checked. Those results should be back Friday, hopefully they'll be negative. 

One other thing i've struggled with this week and for a few weeks now, is my left leg, specially lower leg into my foot. I am having pins and needles, tingling, numbness, aching, pain, water running down my leg sensations. I basically have had a bad back since i gave birth 5 years ago and i am under the MSK team at the hospital, they seem to think its nothing to worry about and will settle on its own, they think its sciatica/slipped disk in my lower back. I'm hoping it settles down soon with the rehab exercises they've given me because it's a very unsettling feeling and generally uncomfortable. But it could also be withdrawal contributing as since i've been in withdrawal i have had numerous parasthesia sensations over my body. They wont do an MRI to double check here in the UK unless it's long lasting or you have red flag symptoms etc. So i'm just trusting that they are right and it's just sciatica and not anything more serious. 

My mood - generally felt less anxious this past week, i have barely taken any beta blockers. I have felt quite 'flat' and lethargic. Almost like im not interested in things and cant be bothered doing anything. I did have this early on in withdrawal too, adhedonia i think its called or something along those lines. I think i'm feeling abit low because of the lingering issues i'm having, especially with my leg/foot. I said to my partner, i dont feel terrible like i have in previous weeks, but i dont feel good either? just kinda 'meh'.

Anyway, i'm going away at the weekend with my partner to do lots of walking and countryside things, i cant wait. :) i'll check back next week! x

9 hours ago, Jadenatalie said:

Week 27: So, this week has been pretty up and down again. I was absolutely fine at the dentist, had a deep clean and 4 fillings and didnt freak out. it went the best it could i think! My muscles still feel quite weak and shaky etc, i spoke to my doctor again and she seems pretty sure its nothing to worry about due to the amount of bloods ive had done and all being normal. I have actually paid for a private Lyme disease test, just to put my mind at ease that it isnt that, i did have what was suspected 'ringworm' in May for approx 10 weeks and obviously ringworm and lyme rashes are very similar so i want to get the Lyme checked. Those results should be back Friday, hopefully they'll be negative. 

One other thing i've struggled with this week and for a few weeks now, is my left leg, specially lower leg into my foot. I am having pins and needles, tingling, numbness, aching, pain, water running down my leg sensations. I basically have had a bad back since i gave birth 5 years ago and i am under the MSK team at the hospital, they seem to think its nothing to worry about and will settle on its own, they think its sciatica/slipped disk in my lower back. I'm hoping it settles down soon with the rehab exercises they've given me because it's a very unsettling feeling and generally uncomfortable. But it could also be withdrawal contributing as since i've been in withdrawal i have had numerous parasthesia sensations over my body. They wont do an MRI to double check here in the UK unless it's long lasting or you have red flag symptoms etc. So i'm just trusting that they are right and it's just sciatica and not anything more serious. 

My mood - generally felt less anxious this past week, i have barely taken any beta blockers. I have felt quite 'flat' and lethargic. Almost like im not interested in things and cant be bothered doing anything. I did have this early on in withdrawal too, adhedonia i think its called or something along those lines. I think i'm feeling abit low because of the lingering issues i'm having, especially with my leg/foot. I said to my partner, i dont feel terrible like i have in previous weeks, but i dont feel good either? just kinda 'meh'.

Anyway, i'm going away at the weekend with my partner to do lots of walking and countryside things, i cant wait. :) i'll check back next week! x

Well done for surviving the dentist, that’s great. 

I can relate to the left leg/foot symptoms. I’ve had this throughout WD but also a general feeling of weakness in my left foot and leg. I also suffer with lower back and tailbone pain from childbirth but it is so much worse during WD - sometimes I feel like I can’t walk properly, almost like foot drop. My gait is generally off too. Not sure if this is similar for you. I just wanted to reassure you that you’re not alone with these unnerving symptoms. I am hopeful they will pass for you soon. 💕

• Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, Jadenatalie said:

My mood - generally felt less anxious this past week, i have barely taken any beta blockers. I have felt quite 'flat' and lethargic.

It's good that you are feeling less anxious.  That is progress.  It is hard dealing with WD, when you have other health issues too.  I'm in that same boat. I personally believe that WD and other health issues compound each other.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

Newish here and I have loved reading your story. You are brave and strong. I can see the progress and it gives me real hope!

Currently on:

Prozac: May 2021 (5mg, 0 mg), June 2021 (5mg), July 2021 (5mg, 4mg) August 2021 (4mg, 3.6mg), September 2021 (3.2mg)

Wellbutrin XL: 2017-present (150 mg) (taper to come)

Vyvanse: 2016-2019 (30 mg), January - April 2020 (40 mg), April - December 2020 (30 mg), January 2021-present (20 mg)

No longer on: 

Zoloft: 2017-May 2021 (50 mg, 25 mg)

14 hours ago, HealthHopeHappiness said:

Well done for surviving the dentist, that’s great. 

I can relate to the left leg/foot symptoms. I’ve had this throughout WD but also a general feeling of weakness in my left foot and leg. I also suffer with lower back and tailbone pain from childbirth but it is so much worse during WD - sometimes I feel like I can’t walk properly, almost like foot drop. My gait is generally off too. Not sure if this is similar for you. I just wanted to reassure you that you’re not alone with these unnerving symptoms. I am hopeful they will pass for you soon. 💕

Thank you @HealthHopeHappiness i just hope one day i'll feel like a normal fully functioning human again!!! xx

12 hours ago, getofflex said:

It's good that you are feeling less anxious.  That is progress.  It is hard dealing with WD, when you have other health issues too.  I'm in that same boat. I personally believe that WD and other health issues compound each other.  

@getofflexI completely agree, i think withdrawal just makes everything seem 10x worse, even pre-existing issues. x

9 hours ago, kmd43 said:

Newish here and I have loved reading your story. You are brave and strong. I can see the progress and it gives me real hope!

@kmd43 Thank you :) 

@Jadenatalie  How long did your ibs or gastrointestinal issue  take to dissapeare ? or you didn't had any ?

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

• Mentor

@Jadenatalie  I am still weak  in the arms and legs😕  Somedays worse than others.

You are doing  a really great job moving forward.  Things can only get better😊

You are inspiring a lot of people with your perseverance. I will draw off of your determination❤️

I think there are several of us that started around the same time, Siderdale is doing so well also. You two are paving the path for some of  us that are in a little more over our heads.............🥴

I hope you had a great weekend with your partner.....

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

40 minutes ago, Greatful said:

@Jadenatalie  I am still weak  in the arms and legs😕  Somedays worse than others.

You are doing  a really great job moving forward.  Things can only get better😊

You are inspiring a lot of people with your perseverance. I will draw off of your determination❤️

I think there are several of us that started around the same time, Siderdale is doing so well also. You two are paving the path for some of  us that are in a little more over our heads.............🥴

I hope you had a great weekend with your partner.....

Hey @Greatfulthanks so much for your kind words. 😊🌟 I think I have definitely proven to myself that I'm alot stronger than I thought and I'm very resilient to keep pushing on. Since the 5.5 month mark things have gotten slowly better, and I think I have now entered the waves and windows stage, whereas before 5.5 months it was a constant wave really. I'm having some much better days now and I've just had a lovely weekend with my partner, very minimal anxiety too. 😊 We will all get there eventually ❤️

I'm just doing a little mid week update here just for my own reference... I've had a very good weekend with my partner. I've had very minimal anxiety all weekend, I am still having back pain and leg issues but I have seen a chiropractor and he is going to do a spinal xray for me next week so that makes me feel better. My lyme test came back negative thankfully! 

This weekend has been filled with relaxation, walking, nice food, sunsets, nature and no phones. ❤️ I just wanted to do this positive update to share that it seems since approx 5.5 months I've started having more waves and windows, up until that point I was in a constant wave it seemed. But I'm finally seeing some glimmers of hope. I do still have days of severe anxiety and tears but I also have days of feeling good, not quite 'normal' yet, but I'm getting there I think. I hope!!! 

I keep thinking once the physical issues are out of the way, muscle and joint aches etc then I'll be feeling so much better. Anyway, I'll update on Wednesday as usual. 😊

@Jadenatalie Are you having vivid dreams?

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

Just now, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

@Jadenatalie Are you having vivid dreams?

Hello, No. i dont have any dreams at all anymore. 

1 minute ago, Jadenatalie said:

Hello, No. i dont have any dreams at all anymore. 

Amazing some people when withdraw from fluoxetine have vivid dreams not gone even after  1 year.

12 hours ago, Jadenatalie said:

I've had very minimal anxiety all weekend, I am still having back pain and leg issues but I have seen a chiropractor and he is going to do a spinal xray for me next week so that makes me feel better.

I am oh so happy to read this! Enjoy the much-deserved relief! I hope the exam will reassure you as well. Not us getting a full-on health check due to how intense withdrawal is... Crazy!

You noticing this improvement is very reassuring. As far as I see on these forums, recovery definitely is gradual, with symptoms easing off but one by one and taking their sweet time with it.

Looking forward to your next update. Hope this week is sweet to you!

2 minutes ago, siderale said:

I am oh so happy to read this! Enjoy the much-deserved relief! I hope the exam will reassure you as well. Not us getting a full-on health check due to how intense withdrawal is... Crazy!

You noticing this improvement is very reassuring. As far as I see on these forums, recovery definitely is gradual, with symptoms easing off but one by one and taking their sweet time with it.

Looking forward to your next update. Hope this week is sweet to you!

Honestly @siderale I've had so many blood tests, scans etc. since withdrawal started! its crazy how many physical issues it has caused for me. I keep telling myself now to leave it another few weeks or months before I contact the GP and see if it goes on its own because most of the time it does, and the tests are always normal! 

Yes, the improvement is very gradual, everyday is still very different. but my mood seems much better when I'm in a window and the anxiety much less. The waves are still pretty intense with symptoms though. But the past couple of waves I've had have only lasted approx. 1 week. Which is amazing compared to my 5 month long wave!! 

I'm so glad I've got you along with me on this journey! 🧡

Week 28: Erm feeling up and down at the moment, the anxiety isn't terrible. But I am feeling abit down, i think its due to the physical issues I have at the moment. I've still got back ache a lot of the time and general body aches aswell. Also still pins and needles, occasional twitching etc. I'm having odd pelvic pains now and again and cramps. I also have noticed I'm urinating more the past 2 days, I'm not entirely sure whether its w/d related or UTI, i have been given antibiotics for it. It doesn't seem so severe that it needs antibiotics but I'm not sure really. I'm going for a pelvic ultrasound on Friday just to make sure nothing is amiss with anything due to the back ache, pelvic cramping and I've had some bleeding recently but I've put that down to the covid vaccine/ wd as its never happened before, i had a clean smear a few months ago, dr examined me and said my cervix looked normal etc. I think these few remaining issues play on my mind and create anxiety and feelings of hopelessness and sadness. But, i am still having more good days than i was a couple of month ago, which is a blessing. I'm hoping that all these issues are w/d related which i genuinely believe they are, and that they pass soon. 

I notice that a lot of people seem to notice the most progress between 9-12 months mark, so I'm pushing forward to that. My sleep seems to have settled down too, i can fall asleep generally quite easily and sleep through but always wake up early, usually between 4am-6am and I can never get back to sleep which is annoying. I'm also not crying as much either recently, which is great. 

I'm looking forward to getting my u/s scan done friday and then i've got my back x-ray next tuesday, fingers crossed they're both normal and i can worry less about those symptoms! 

x

@Jadenatalie good morning 🌞 quick question , i have not went through your tread yet but are you on your 1st or 2nd vaccine shot ? im curious because tomorrow i will receive my 2nd dose , and ive been doing pretty well in withdraw and a little nervous with the 2nd shot and wd symptoms ramping up again , if that makes any sense 😐

2021:  started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

4 minutes ago, Phoenixmama said:

@Jadenatalie good morning 🌞 quick question , i have not went through your tread yet but are you on your 1st or 2nd vaccine shot ? im curious because tomorrow i will receive my 2nd dose , and ive been doing pretty well in withdraw and a little nervous with the 2nd shot and wd symptoms ramping up again , if that makes any sense 😐

Hi @Phoenixmama I've had both jabs. I had my 2nd jab around 8 weeks ago. I felt very hot, shivery and achy for around 24-48 hours and then i felt fine after that xx

@Jadenatalie ok thank you , so when i have those symptoms i will just know that its the vaccine and not some terrible illness ❤️ sending you healing vibes and hugs 🌞

2021:  started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

Week 29: This last week has been HARD! not because of withdrawal particularly but because of external health issues. Basically on Weds last week i started with a suspected urine infection, burning, frequency, etc etc! My Dr put me on a 3 day script of something called Nitro something. By day 3 my symptoms had mostly settled, but by the evening the day after the symptoms had returned. Rang dr again, he put me on cipro (this is because im allergic to penicillin btw) so, i took 3 of those tablets before i realised the dangers of the medication, i started with some prickling sensations under the skin and found out they are pretty serious antibiotics but obviously my options were limited due to the penicillin allergy. I rang today and told him my symptoms and said i didnt want to take them any longer, so now hes switched me to trimethoprim/bactrim. So im hoping i can finish the 7 day course of these and feel better!! What a nightmare. Having a penicillin allergy really does hinder things, but thankfully i dont usually get infections, especially UTI's, i think i read somewhere that people seem more prone to UTI's in withdrawal?? I'm not sure if thats because the immune system is weakened from stress etc. This is only the 2nd UTI ive had in my life aswell. It's all come at a bad time because i turn 30 on sunday! :-( I'm hoping things have settled down more by then!

My little boy whos 5 has also contracted covid. He doesnt have any symptoms anymore, he just had a headache. Luckily so far, TOUCH WOOD, me and his father havent caught it, possibly because we are double jabbed??? another great reason to get your vaccine if you havent already! 

My mood actually hasn't been terrible considering everything thats been going on this past week. I havent cried much, but i have been feeling highly anxious, probably because i HATE taking antibiotics, and any meds in general to be honest. Also i think antibiotics can increase your anxiety levels too. Anyway, hopefully next week i'll be back with better news! xx

Week 30: Feeling pretty rubbish at the moment. I'm in a wave i think, one of the worst waves i've had potentially. I think this is also because i've been on antibiotics, x3 sets. I finished my last antibiotic 5 days ago, so i'm hoping i see some improvement soon. My mood is very low, crying lots, my anxiety very high, i feel very lethargic, insomnia has been bad the last few nights, aching muscles and joints etc. Just generally feel wiped out. Which after 3 courses of antibiotics is probably quite normal. Luckily, my UTI has gone. 

At the weekend, it was my 30th birthday. I went away to the coast with my partner and we spent 4 days there. We walked approx 14 miles over 2 days so my legs were buggered after, i felt VERY nauseous aswell from the antibiotics but i still managed to go on the walks to the coast and the seal beach. 

My son has recovered from covid and luckily me and his father havent caught it. 

Not such a positive update this week but i'm trying to keep telling myself this shall pass. I'm almost 7 months off the meds (Sunday), the months are flying by now to be honest. 

x

7 hours ago, Jadenatalie said:

I'm in a wave i think, one of the worst waves i've had potentially. I think this is also because i've been on antibiotics, x3 sets.

Oh I am so sorry to hear this 💔 I believe antibiotics can precipitate/worsen a wave for sure, like you said it gets you horribly tired.

I'm however super impressed (and proud, if I may!) at how much you walked despite your leg weakness issues, plus all the troubles from the wave AND the meds. I wish you didn't have to deal with those at all of course, but I'm amazed you were able to walk this much, your body still trying even though it's going though the lows of withdrawal. I hope that you enjoyed your time and hopefully got to sightsee a bit.

I'm very glad your family is alright regarding covid. Hang in there. Sending love!

Happy belated birthday, of course, despite these weird times you deserve it!! On your next bday you'll see how much you've progressed in recovery 💙

• Mentor

@Jadenatalie  Happy belated birthday🎈

You are doing a remarkable job staying focused and getting through the rough wave.

Hang in there❤️

14 hours ago, siderale said:

Oh I am so sorry to hear this 💔 I believe antibiotics can precipitate/worsen a wave for sure, like you said it gets you horribly tired.

I'm however super impressed (and proud, if I may!) at how much you walked despite your leg weakness issues, plus all the troubles from the wave AND the meds. I wish you didn't have to deal with those at all of course, but I'm amazed you were able to walk this much, your body still trying even though it's going though the lows of withdrawal. I hope that you enjoyed your time and hopefully got to sightsee a bit.

I'm very glad your family is alright regarding covid. Hang in there. Sending love!

Happy belated birthday, of course, despite these weird times you deserve it!! On your next bday you'll see how much you've progressed in recovery 💙

@sideraleOh yes the antibiotics have definitely pushed me into a bad patch. Before this i was doing pretty well, but that gives me hope that i will get back to feeling that again soon. 

Yes, the walks were long and very hilly so im also very happy with myself for being able to do it. :D The views were beautiful. I might upload a photo here later if i remember. 

Thank you :) xxxx

13 hours ago, Greatful said:

@Jadenatalie  Happy belated birthday🎈

You are doing a remarkable job staying focused and getting through the rough wave.

Hang in there❤️

@Greatful Thank you so much :) xxx