SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Jadenatalie: Hello! 7 weeks into withdrawal and I'm in hell.

Jadenatalie

2 hours ago, Caspur said:

Hi Jadenatalie,

I'm sorry to see you struggle so much. It's a very hard process to go through. My own story is very different to yours, but the suffering was similar.

You have done so well, especially remaining in work and looking after your family. Its so good they support you. Many don't, including mine!

I wish I could offer you some positive advice that would help you get through, but you will recover. It just takes time.

Best wishes

Caspur

Hi Caspur,

Thanks for your response. I'm sorry you dont have much support, but i hope you see the people on this website as a source of support!? 🙂 

Yes, i feel like i'm going through hell at the moment, i'm just hoping it's all worth it in the end. Work has been massively difficult and unbearable some days. I havent had a sick day yet, but i've been very close. My symptoms seem to be worsening at the moment and reaching a peak so i'm starting to struggle more at work. 

Thank you for your kind words. Praying for a window soon! 

May 2016- August 2020 Fluoxetine 20mg (pooped out)

August 2020 - December 2020 Sertraline 50mg (adverse effects)

Dec 2020-Mar 10th 2021 Citalopram 20mg (adverse effects)- STOPPED cold turkey

Fully antidepressant free since 10th March 2021. 

Take occasional propranolol 10mg.

Hello jadenatalie, I'm so sorry to read how tough it has been lately. Crossing fingers that you get some relief soon.

Props for pushing through and continuing to work; though don't overwork yourself and if you feel like a break could be beneficial, I hope you can take it.

I couldn't say if the vaccine modified your period, but in march/april my cycle lasted WAY longer than usual as well, and next cycle I didn't have my period at all save from PMS lol. For me I strongly believe it was my state due to withdrawal, I don't think the vaccine influenced it (I saw no correlation in the dates).

Better days are ahead. If you read this and are still struggling - hang in there. It'll be worth it. My success story: I recovered from Escitalopram withdrawal.

Aug 2017 - May 2018 -> Escitalopram 10 mg. 

Nov 2018 - Jan 2021 -> Escitalopram 10 mg. Feb 2021 - 5 mg.  Feb-March 2021 - 5 mg, one day out of two.

Since March 13th, 2021 -> Escitalopram 0 mg. Withdrawal appeared 1 week after last dose.

Profile image: Edward Robert Hughes' "Night"

• Mentor

@Jadenatalie Hi, I am sorry you are having such a hard time.  I want to say you are a very strong.  I know you have already endured so much but it will get better. It may seem hard to believe when you are feeling so much pain.  Have you had a chance to read through some of the success stories?  Those  can be very encouraging.  Sounds like you have a great support system, that's great.

It is good that you are posting and reaching out for support here on SA.  It really does help to know you are not alone.  

If you want to talk to someone specific  click on the @ key and type their name it will come up click on it, it will highlight blue like your name did.

This will notify that person the they have been tagged.  

Here is a big hug sent your way🤗

Remember to be kind to yourself and patient. 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

14 hours ago, siderale said:

Hello jadenatalie, I'm so sorry to read how tough it has been lately. Crossing fingers that you get some relief soon.

Props for pushing through and continuing to work; though don't overwork yourself and if you feel like a break could be beneficial, I hope you can take it.

I couldn't say if the vaccine modified your period, but in march/april my cycle lasted WAY longer than usual as well, and next cycle I didn't have my period at all save from PMS lol. For me I strongly believe it was my state due to withdrawal, I don't think the vaccine influenced it (I saw no correlation in the dates).

Hi @siderale thank you for your comment. yes i'm really struggling at the moment, the anxiety has ramped up so much which in turn brings on so many other symptoms, nausea is a big one at the moment. Well with regards to work, i've got a laptop sorted so i'm going to start doing the odd day working from home for a break. 

Yeah it's hard to know at the moment whether it's fully coincidental or not. I had my vaccine and the spotting started approx 3-4 days afterwards and hasnt stopped yet, that was 3 weeks ago. I'm due on my 'proper' period in 2 days so we'll see how that goes! But i do know you can get spotting from stress, which makes sense also! 

I hope you're doing well. 💖x

8 hours ago, Greatful said:

@Jadenatalie Hi, I am sorry you are having such a hard time.  I want to say you are a very strong.  I know you have already endured so much but it will get better. It may seem hard to believe when you are feeling so much pain.  Have you had a chance to read through some of the success stories?  Those  can be very encouraging.  Sounds like you have a great support system, that's great.

It is good that you are posting and reaching out for support here on SA.  It really does help to know you are not alone.  

If you want to talk to someone specific  click on the @ key and type their name it will come up click on it, it will highlight blue like your name did.

This will notify that person the they have been tagged.  

Here is a big hug sent your way🤗

Remember to be kind to yourself and patient. 

Hi @Greatful thank you for your comment. I feel like if and when i make it through withdrawal, i will be such a stronger person for this experience. Because i have never suffered so badly in my life. 

It does seem to be worsening at the moment, the anxiety has definitely spiked massively and the panic is increasing also. :( 

Yes, i read the success stories alot, especially CoCoPuffz, that story is inspirational and fills me with alot of hope. 

The idea of me posting weekly updates is so that i can (hopefully) look back on this and see the progress i've made. 

Thank you for the hug, i hope you're doing well too :) x

It's exactly 4 MONTHS off the meds today for me. Still in my wave and I can feel the anxiety and Panic rising along with generally feeling out of it and unsteady BUT, I'm going to keep pushing on and hope that it will soon pass. I'm going to sit and read Baylissas book today to give me hope, strength and motivation. X

Congrats Jadenatalie!! Your message reminded me it'll soon be the case for me too!

I really hope this wave clears out for you very very soon. You're so strong, it's exhausting but keep it up. Each day is a day closer to being healed. Best of luck 💞

Better days are ahead. If you read this and are still struggling - hang in there. It'll be worth it. My success story: I recovered from Escitalopram withdrawal.

Nov 2018 - Jan 2021 -> Escitalopram 10 mg. Feb 2021 - 5 mg.  Feb-March 2021 - 5 mg, one day out of two.

Since March 13th, 2021 -> Escitalopram 0 mg. Withdrawal appeared 1 week after last dose.

• Mentor

@Jadenatalie

You are doing super.   You have a lot of SISU‼️  It means fortitude, strength of will, determination ( I am of Finnish heritage)

Panic and anxiety are  hard to deal with k I will feel it just under the surface and it makes me very tense.  I feel like I have to bolt and run UGH

You are an inspiration to me.  You are still working and dealing with all this craziness.    

Hang in there

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg

Hi @Jadenataliei read through your intro and we have so many similarities during this horrible WD process. Just wanted to reach out and say hang in there, I’ve been in a bad wave since my first COVID jag in April. It also affected my periods so I hope that offers some reassurance. I also ended up having abdominal ultrasounds for upper stomach pain and weight loss early on in WD which has now miraculously disappeared. Take care, hope a long window finds its way to you soon xx  

Mid-August 2020 - started 15mg Mirtazapine, increased to 30mg 2 weeks later. Late-September 2020 - switched to 20mg Paroxetine as Mirtazapine exacerbated RLS. October 2020 - stopped Paroxetine because of worsening RLS, muscle twitching and general restlessness.

Mid-October 2020 - Switched to 50mg Sertraline. Restlessness, muscle twitching and other symptoms even worse. Stopped taking it on 18 November following advice from GP - took every other day for a week before stopping completely. Mid-November 2020 - GP prescribed Propranolol to take as and when required for anxiety. Have only taken a few times as it makes me very light headed. January 2020 - currently taking magnesium citrate powder in evenings to help with RLS. Also taking high strength omega-3 fish oil. 

17 hours ago, siderale said:

Congrats Jadenatalie!! Your message reminded me it'll soon be the case for me too!

I really hope this wave clears out for you very very soon. You're so strong, it's exhausting but keep it up. Each day is a day closer to being healed. Best of luck 💞

Thank you so much @siderale 💕💗x

15 hours ago, Greatful said:

@Jadenatalie

You are doing super.   You have a lot of SISU‼️  It means fortitude, strength of will, determination ( I am of Finnish heritage)

Panic and anxiety are  hard to deal with k I will feel it just under the surface and it makes me very tense.  I feel like I have to bolt and run UGH

You are an inspiration to me.  You are still working and dealing with all this craziness.    

Hang in there

Hey @Greatful thank you it means so much 😊💕 xx

9 hours ago, HealthHopeHappiness said:

Hi @Jadenataliei read through your intro and we have so many similarities during this horrible WD process. Just wanted to reach out and say hang in there, I’ve been in a bad wave since my first COVID jag in April. It also affected my periods so I hope that offers some reassurance. I also ended up having abdominal ultrasounds for upper stomach pain and weight loss early on in WD which has now miraculously disappeared. Take care, hope a long window finds its way to you soon xx  

Hey @HealthHopeHappiness thanks for your comment. It's terrible isn't it! Have you periods returned to normal now? I'm not really sure what to do if mine don't return to normal anytime soon because the spotting is unsettling, my GP said leave it another 2 cycles.

Thank you for your kind words, you hang in there too. 💕 Xx

Week 18: well, not much improvement since last week unfortunately. At the moment my main symptoms are anxiety/panic and headaches, head pressure, neck ache, jaw ache, so the whole head/neck/jaw area is suffering. I have spoken to my GP and he thinks it is tension, which i would agree with. I've also bought a bite guard for my teeth incase i'm grinding in my sleep. I have got an opticians appt today just to check things on that end and i have been referred to MSK for my head/neck/jaw issues. Again, they will most likely find nothing wrong and it will be withdrawal..... it's unbelievable how many physical symptoms withdrawal produces, by the time ive finished at the doctors and withdrawal i'll have had a full body MOT! 

Has anyone else here experienced head/neck/jaw issues in withdrawal? i do personally also feel its tension and agree with my GP because my anxiety has increased over the past 4 weeks. I just hope it subsides soon because its very hard living everyday life with a banging head!

Keeping on plodding.... x

Hi Jadenatalie! Sorry to hear it's still so tough for you. The bite guard might be a good idea, I wear something akin to invisalign at night and when I see how much the plastic suffers between my molars, I'm happy I have it 😅

I relate a lot to running tons of exams/getting everything checked because WD makes you experience SO many weird symptoms!

26 minutes ago, Jadenatalie said:

Has anyone else here experienced head/neck/jaw issues in withdrawal? i do personally also feel its tension and agree with my GP because my anxiety has increased over the past 4 weeks. I just hope it subsides soon because its very hard living everyday life with a banging head!

Yes, yes and yes! I had a few weeks of something very similar, every day for a few weeks and then on and off, particularly in the second month. I could feel the muscles being taut all day long in my neck and lower jaw, and by midday, tension headache. I had to remind myself to unclech my jaw every minute or so. Crazy. It was definitely more intense the more anxious I was. It wore off without me noticing when stress eased off bit by bit.

It does come back from time to time nowadays, but not for extended periods of time as it used to.

Like, today i'm stressed so I can feel it again, particularly in the neck/jaw. What helps a bit, I find, is stretching/gentle yoga (makes you focus on something else entirely).

Good luck, I hope that relief comes your way soon ☀️

1 hour ago, siderale said:

Hi Jadenatalie! Sorry to hear it's still so tough for you. The bite guard might be a good idea, I wear something akin to invisalign at night and when I see how much the plastic suffers between my molars, I'm happy I have it 😅

I relate a lot to running tons of exams/getting everything checked because WD makes you experience SO many weird symptoms!

Yes, yes and yes! I had a few weeks of something very similar, every day for a few weeks and then on and off, particularly in the second month. I could feel the muscles being taut all day long in my neck and lower jaw, and by midday, tension headache. I had to remind myself to unclech my jaw every minute or so. Crazy. It was definitely more intense the more anxious I was. It wore off without me noticing when stress eased off bit by bit.

It does come back from time to time nowadays, but not for extended periods of time as it used to.

Like, today i'm stressed so I can feel it again, particularly in the neck/jaw. What helps a bit, I find, is stretching/gentle yoga (makes you focus on something else entirely).

Good luck, I hope that relief comes your way soon ☀️

Hi @siderale thank you for your response :) Withdrawal has a lot to answer for unfortunately, its terrible! :( Yes my head jaw neck issues have been here approx 2 weeks now on and off and some days its constant and others its fleeting, but it does seem to have come out of nowhere to be honest! 

Well done on your 4 month milestone! it feels great doesn't it reaching the new monthly milestones. :D 

xx

• Mentor

@Jadenatalie  I have worn a mouth guard to years.  I don't think I would have any teeth left other wise.  I am a pretty big teeth grinder.  I think some of these meds increase jaw clutching. 

I am glad to see your hanging in there with such a great attitude.  I think I will have to did down deep into my SISU.

On 7/14/2021 at 7:22 AM, Jadenatalie said:

Withdrawal has a lot to answer for unfortunately, its terrible!

I couldn't agree with you more.  Somedays it feels like forever and then your in a window and then a wave.

Your doing great‼️

On 7/17/2021 at 12:37 AM, Greatful said:

@Jadenatalie  I have worn a mouth guard to years.  I don't think I would have any teeth left other wise.  I am a pretty big teeth grinder.  I think some of these meds increase jaw clutching. 

I am glad to see your hanging in there with such a great attitude.  I think I will have to did down deep into my SISU.

I couldn't agree with you more.  Somedays it feels like forever and then your in a window and then a wave.

Your doing great‼️

Hi @Greatful thank you so much for your kind words. i hope you're doing okay 💕 xx

Week 19: So, this week has been a weird one, very up and down. Some days ive actually laughed and genuinely meant the laugh. Others i've cried and felt terribly down and low. My headaches have subsided for the most part, i have been doing neck stretching daily and jaw massage/exercises as i believe it was something like TMJ. I do still feel the odd twinge everyday but it doesnt require me to take any painkillers so im thankful for that. BUT, over the last 4ish days i have started with what feels like muscle issues... My muscles in my arms and legs feel weak and tired. I have also been having increased tingling and pins and needles in my hands and feet (i have had this throughout w/d but it seems to have worsened this past few days) along with muscle aches and random shooting pains anywhere in my body! ... i'm still having the flashes in my eyes and seeing outlines of objects but i went to the opticians last week and had a full check, scans of the back of my eyes etc and everything was completely normal. 

I am getting worried that the muscle issues are something more sinister. It's hard because the symptoms i'm having sound like MS, but i'm putting off going to the doctor because i dont want to be misdiagnosed as having MS when its MOST LIKELY withdrawal. I think muscular issues seem very common in withdrawal so i just need to keep reminding myself of that and keep going. I think the anxiety also worsens the symptoms and gets me into a spiral of worrying. 

The anxiety and panic isnt constant at the moment which is a relief, but i do feel panic when i go out places, but i'm pushing on the best i can and i'm not avoiding going anywhere, last night i took my little boy to a softplay birthday birthday, in the UK it is very hot at the moment, so i went on my own, loads of screaming kids, parents i didnt know, hot and hungry (so a recipe for panic) and i stayed the whole time no matter how anxious i felt. So that was a big achievement for me. 

Did/does anyone else have muscle issues? weakness, shooting pains, aches etc?

thanks for reading :) x

8 minutes ago, Jadenatalie said:

Week 19: So, this week has been a weird one, very up and down. Some days ive actually laughed and genuinely meant the laugh. Others i've cried and felt terribly down and low. My headaches have subsided for the most part, i have been doing neck stretching daily and jaw massage/exercises as i believe it was something like TMJ. I do still feel the odd twinge everyday but it doesnt require me to take any painkillers so im thankful for that. BUT, over the last 4ish days i have started with what feels like muscle issues... My muscles in my arms and legs feel weak and tired. I have also been having increased tingling and pins and needles in my hands and feet (i have had this throughout w/d but it seems to have worsened this past few days) along with muscle aches and random shooting pains anywhere in my body! ... i'm still having the flashes in my eyes and seeing outlines of objects but i went to the opticians last week and had a full check, scans of the back of my eyes etc and everything was completely normal. 

I am getting worried that the muscle issues are something more sinister. It's hard because the symptoms i'm having sound like MS, but i'm putting off going to the doctor because i dont want to be misdiagnosed as having MS when its MOST LIKELY withdrawal. I think muscular issues seem very common in withdrawal so i just need to keep reminding myself of that and keep going. I think the anxiety also worsens the symptoms and gets me into a spiral of worrying. 

The anxiety and panic isnt constant at the moment which is a relief, but i do feel panic when i go out places, but i'm pushing on the best i can and i'm not avoiding going anywhere, last night i took my little boy to a softplay birthday birthday, in the UK it is very hot at the moment, so i went on my own, loads of screaming kids, parents i didnt know, hot and hungry (so a recipe for panic) and i stayed the whole time no matter how anxious i felt. So that was a big achievement for me. 

Did/does anyone else have muscle issues? weakness, shooting pains, aches etc?

thanks for reading :) x

Hi @Jadenataliewell done for surviving soft play! It’s hard going at the best of times without the added complication of WD! It sounds like your week has had some small windows which is good, doesn’t it feel good to laugh again?! 

Just to reassure you that I continue to have muscle aches, pains, weakness, twitching, numbness, tingling, etc. This has been my most consistent WD symptom. I have spent a LOT of money paying for private neurology consultations, nerve conduction studies, etc and nothing has been found. I have also been for acupuncture, chiropractor and osteopathy. I still find it hard to get my head around this ‘just’ being down to WD as the symptoms are so intense. Do you think it would help ease your mind to get checked over by your GP or would it add to your anxiety? If you search on this forum there are so many threads about muscle symptoms and people thinking they have a serious neurological illness, it’s awful. 

I hope today involves a little bit of laughter for you. Take care. X 

Mid-August 2020 - started 15mg Mirtazapine, increased to 30mg 2 weeks later. Late-September 2020 - switched to 20mg Paroxetine as Mirtazapine exacerbated RLS. October 2020 - stopped Paroxetine because of worsening RLS, muscle twitching and general restlessness.

Mid-October 2020 - Switched to 50mg Sertraline. Restlessness, muscle twitching and other symptoms even worse. Stopped taking it on 18 November following advice from GP - took every other day for a week before stopping completely. Mid-November 2020 - GP prescribed Propranolol to take as and when required for anxiety. Have only taken a few times as it makes me very light headed. January 2020 - currently taking magnesium citrate powder in evenings to help with RLS. Also taking high strength omega-3 fish oil. 

8 minutes ago, HealthHopeHappiness said:

Hi @Jadenataliewell done for surviving soft play! It’s hard going at the best of times without the added complication of WD! It sounds like your week has had some small windows which is good, doesn’t it feel good to laugh again?! 

Just to reassure you that I continue to have muscle aches, pains, weakness, twitching, numbness, tingling, etc. This has been my most consistent WD symptom. I have spent a LOT of money paying for private neurology consultations, nerve conduction studies, etc and nothing has been found. I have also been for acupuncture, chiropractor and osteopathy. I still find it hard to get my head around this ‘just’ being down to WD as the symptoms are so intense. Do you think it would help ease your mind to get checked over by your GP or would it add to your anxiety? If you search on this forum there are so many threads about muscle symptoms and people thinking they have a serious neurological illness, it’s awful. 

I hope today involves a little bit of laughter for you. Take care. X 

Hey @HealthHopeHappiness, i know it was my definition of hell ha ha. I have had some small windows, sometimes hours, sometimes less. My days are very inconsistent at the moment. Thank you for letting me know, thats reassuring. i have had pins and needles and aches etc since stopping the meds but the weakness and tired muscles seems to be a relatively new symptom. I dont really want to consult my GP yet because ive only had the issue again for a few days and everytime ive called about a physical symptom theres never been anything wrong with me, all the tests are normal and ive had tons! For nausea, palpatations, headaches, eye tests, ecgs, ultrasounds, blood tests. It comes to a point where i just think right, enough is enough with the tests!

I think id be putting myself under unnessecary testing and stress for no reason, as i do believe it is withdrawal related but it is very scary because it is obviously a neurological issue so it makes you think the worst! 

Thank you for your response, hope you're okay x

1 hour ago, Jadenatalie said:

Hey @HealthHopeHappiness, i know it was my definition of hell ha ha. I have had some small windows, sometimes hours, sometimes less. My days are very inconsistent at the moment. Thank you for letting me know, thats reassuring. i have had pins and needles and aches etc since stopping the meds but the weakness and tired muscles seems to be a relatively new symptom. I dont really want to consult my GP yet because ive only had the issue again for a few days and everytime ive called about a physical symptom theres never been anything wrong with me, all the tests are normal and ive had tons! For nausea, palpatations, headaches, eye tests, ecgs, ultrasounds, blood tests. It comes to a point where i just think right, enough is enough with the tests!

I think id be putting myself under unnessecary testing and stress for no reason, as i do believe it is withdrawal related but it is very scary because it is obviously a neurological issue so it makes you think the worst! 

Thank you for your response, hope you're okay x

We sound very similar, I also had a lot of tests done by my GP in the early days as I had no idea about WD and was shocked when they were normal. I totally get not wanting to go through any more tests unnecessarily. It definitely sounds like withdrawal to me. Have you tried Epsom salt baths? I find that helpful along with a cup of bicarbonate of soda, another member on here gave me that advice and it definitely helps. Magnesium spray is also good for muscle aches and tension. X 

10 minutes ago, HealthHopeHappiness said:

We sound very similar, I also had a lot of tests done by my GP in the early days as I had no idea about WD and was shocked when they were normal. I totally get not wanting to go through any more tests unnecessarily. It definitely sounds like withdrawal to me. Have you tried Epsom salt baths? I find that helpful along with a cup of bicarbonate of soda, another member on here gave me that advice and it definitely helps. Magnesium spray is also good for muscle aches and tension. X 

Yeah its horrible how the withdrawal symptoms are so real and brutal. :( I think it is withdrawal but whilst you're going through it, its hard because theres all sorts going through your mind about the potential 'what ifs' and alot of the symptoms are that scary that you just think oh my god i need to ring the doctor right now! Yeah ive got some epsom bath salts but i havent had a bath the past few days with the heat but ill give that a try definitely. Im hoping it passes or at least settles down soon! I'm sure it will because ive had plenty of weird withdrawal symptoms that have come and gone! 

x

Lots of muscle issues , and all tests negative !

Gradually within a year faded out, and gone !

Now for 4 years I am still ok, free of drug and no muscle issues and pains ..

So there is plenty of hope..

Concerning your eyes problems, please have in mind that the eye movement and focus, is controlled by the  muscles around it .

So if there is a general muscle excitement for any reason, also the vision is affected. 

Best regards 

from a sunny and cool breezed, Greek Island .

Citalopram 20 mg

Mid June 1994- end March 1995 Then tapering 3 months 

Mid August 1995-end August 1996 Tapering 6 months 

Mid January 2000-end September 2001 Tapering 6 months

Mid October 2003-end October 2005 Tapering 7 years. 

More detailed drug history is here - ☼-kostas

Off any drug from October 2012 

Hi Jadenatalie! Glad to read that you had ups and downs because "ups" are always reassuring even if nothing really "balances out" the bad days - they're just bad. So props for staying at that birthday event, like you said this sounds like the recipe for panic with many variables to take into account, yet you stayed. You can definitely be proud of yourself. I hope you have been able to unwind a bit from the stressful weeks you had with work lately.

For the muscle aches part I did not suffer much from it - but muscle weakness oh yeah. In my case yoga helps, you can practice it as flexibility exercises, which may help for aches (and it also evens your breathing!). WD can make you have so, so many weird physical symptoms. They also make me doubt my physical shape. But I am sure that your muscle issues will resolve with time.

Hope the panic and anxiety remain manageable. Best of luck dealing with the high heat as well! Take care and keep it up, you've got this 💙

On 7/21/2021 at 12:51 PM, Kostas said:

Lots of muscle issues , and all tests negative !

Gradually within a year faded out, and gone !

Now for 4 years I am still ok, free of drug and no muscle issues and pains ..

So there is plenty of hope..

Concerning your eyes problems, please have in mind that the eye movement and focus, is controlled by the  muscles around it .

So if there is a general muscle excitement for any reason, also the vision is affected. 

Best regards 

from a sunny and cool breezed, Greek Island .

Hi @Kostas thank you for your comment. Very reassuring to hear that the muscle issues went and the tests were negative as its my main symptom at the moment and it's very worrying. But I know in the back of my mind it is withdrawal.

So nice to hear some positive feedback. Very jealous of you being on a beautiful Greek Island! 😍

X

23 hours ago, siderale said:

Hi Jadenatalie! Glad to read that you had ups and downs because "ups" are always reassuring even if nothing really "balances out" the bad days - they're just bad. So props for staying at that birthday event, like you said this sounds like the recipe for panic with many variables to take into account, yet you stayed. You can definitely be proud of yourself. I hope you have been able to unwind a bit from the stressful weeks you had with work lately.

For the muscle aches part I did not suffer much from it - but muscle weakness oh yeah. In my case yoga helps, you can practice it as flexibility exercises, which may help for aches (and it also evens your breathing!). WD can make you have so, so many weird physical symptoms. They also make me doubt my physical shape. But I am sure that your muscle issues will resolve with time.

Hope the panic and anxiety remain manageable. Best of luck dealing with the high heat as well! Take care and keep it up, you've got this 💙

Hey @siderale yeah the times where I'm having odd good moments are great but alot of the time it is just a moment, or an hour etc and then I'll be back to feeling rubbish again. But I'm hoping those small good spells are a good sign! 

I'm going to start doing Yoga now outside when I feel upto it because I definitely need some stretching and strength building! The weak muscles and the pins and needles are so so bizzare but it makes sense bevause its all part of the central nervous system that tends to be massively effected by withdrawal. 

Thank you, hope you're okay too ❤️ x

• Mentor

@Jadenatalie  Hi, I want say congrats for sticking out at the party.  I really have a hard time with commotion so I can relate on how much courage and strength that took💪

It is funny how I dropped in on your thread and you are talking about weak muscles!  Oh yea I have this,  mostly it is my arm muscles and some times my legs.  Well today they are really bad.  Tried to go for my walk and didn't go as far as I usually go, my legs felt like jelly and  all most d/r they felt like they were moving funny and on there own.  Then my right leg feels bigger then my left.  I  feel like I can hardly lift my ams  I wonder if it is my neck muscle that feels week because some times it feels like it has a hard time holding my head up.  I am very dizzy too.  This W/D is really weird.  I am so glad that we have SA to share our journey together.  It can be very scary and lonely.

Do you have any d/r?  I am not sure if this is what it is, but I have been feeling disconnected from the world.  I feel that way of and on.  I always thought it was my insecure self withdrawing from the world.  But when it comes on goes?  I really notice it when my head is all dizzy and tingly.

Oh and I all so have tingling in my body, very lightly at times. It can feel like a small amount of electricity.

You are doing super, keep up the good work and keep posting♥️ 

18 hours ago, Greatful said:

@Jadenatalie  Hi, I want say congrats for sticking out at the party.  I really have a hard time with commotion so I can relate on how much courage and strength that took💪

It is funny how I dropped in on your thread and you are talking about weak muscles!  Oh yea I have this,  mostly it is my arm muscles and some times my legs.  Well today they are really bad.  Tried to go for my walk and didn't go as far as I usually go, my legs felt like jelly and  all most d/r they felt like they were moving funny and on there own.  Then my right leg feels bigger then my left.  I  feel like I can hardly lift my ams  I wonder if it is my neck muscle that feels week because some times it feels like it has a hard time holding my head up.  I am very dizzy too.  This W/D is really weird.  I am so glad that we have SA to share our journey together.  It can be very scary and lonely.

Do you have any d/r?  I am not sure if this is what it is, but I have been feeling disconnected from the world.  I feel that way of and on.  I always thought it was my insecure self withdrawing from the world.  But when it comes on goes?  I really notice it when my head is all dizzy and tingly.

Oh and I all so have tingling in my body, very lightly at times. It can feel like a small amount of electricity.

You are doing super, keep up the good work and keep posting♥️ 

Hi @Greatfulthank you. :) 

Yes, the weakness or numbness, i cant really tell what it actually is, is in my legs and arms. it is accompanied by some pins and needles and tingling and sometimes some mild nerve pain. It all sounds like standard withdrawal symptoms to me. W/D is very weird and again your symptoms sound classic of withdrawal, my body feels weird alot and feels like it doesnt belong to me. I actually find withdrawal terrifying, just because i never know whats coming next, or how long it will last and everyday is different. 

You're doing great too. I'm glad weve all got eachother for support on here, its great. 

x

Week 20: Unfortunately, it's another weekly update of me feeling bad. This past week i have dealt with the limb tingling/pins and needles/numbness, i had this consistently for around 5 days. Those have now stopped, but for the last 3 days so far i have had muscle and joint pain everywhere, all over my body, also i have muscle weakness and general lethargy and fatigue. I also have some nausea and i'm very low and tearful. I spent most of the day yesterday crying and feel today will be much of the same. I have very short windows (if any) at the moment and its usually on an evening for an hour or so. So i'm feeling pretty beaten up right now. My partner keeps saying keep going, another day closer to feeling and being better etc. His words do help me and i appreciate him so much for that but at the moment i cannot see it getting better. 

I have considered yesterday that if i dont feel any improvements or have any significant windows soon that i would speak to my GP about going back on some form of anti-depressant. When i told my partner this, he said he thinks i should keep going with the withdrawal because once the withdrawal is over my body is my own again, i dont have to worry about meds or getting off meds again in the future etc. He also said that if i was prescribed another anti-depressant that it would take approx 8-12 weeks for it to fully settle in my system and the med they give me might not agree with me and i'd have to try another med, (which has happened before!) so that process could be pushing 6 months to try get stable on the right med. But if i continued with the withdrawal then that 6 months with what i've done so far would take me to almost 11 months and i would hope to be feeling some positive changes by then. 

Its very hard to know what to do and to figure out how much my body can withstand before i completely lose the will to live. :( x

I'm heartbroken and feeling for you Jadenatalie, currently experiencing roughly the same symptoms and wondering the same. To reinstate or not, to try another medication or not... It's so hard, and you can never know what is the best option.

Relieved to hear you have a supportive and encouraging partner. Nonetheless it doesn't take away your pain and suffering.

Waves come and go. This one you're currently traversing is terrible and long, but it will eventually ease off. Listen to yourself, take it day by day, talk to your doctor if you trust them. You still have the choice in the end. You're fighting hard, better days are ahead ♥♥

• Mentor

@Jadenatalie  My heart goes out to you.  I think you can rest assured you are not the only one that gets confused and worn down in W/D, second guess everything, will I get better, can I survive not being on meds, how long will this go on and I just want something to stop the pain. 

What ever you decide to do that's okay.   

I can relate to the panic, I feel fear but not sure where it is coming from,  morphed emotional pain, you know that it is morphed but it feels so real.  Any of your insecurity's are morphed and seem to much to handle, it makes you feel worse about yourself.  Distorted thinking that also feels real.  Weak, fatigue, nausea they are all real and in your face. Anxiety that feels like you want to jump out of your skin, low mood where all you see is darkness. a  brain that doesn't want to work right.

But........ 

If you are able to stop for a minute, look deep inside, can you see yourself not the W/D you, but who you are?  You are in there waiting just under the surface, waiting to bloom.

Find some anger at what these drugs have done to our brains and the havoc they are causing now, and for what, did they really help us. 

Your partner sounds like he is very supportive and there for you.  My husband is also very supportive. When  I start talking about maybe I need to be on meds, I don't know if I can do this anymore, maybe I am just wasting my time suffering.  He reminds me that the meds were not really helping me.  They caused there own set of problems.  Side effects  like more anger,  agitation,  lack of wanting to socialize. I still had anxiety and low self-esteem, some low moods.  So why was I on it?

Here is a big hug🤗.  Tell yourself you are okay at this moment.  You are loved.  You are not alone. Love yourself and be compassionate with  yourself.

Please tell yourself that you are an remarkable and strong woman to have endured this pain for over 5 months.  That is something to be very proud of.

Keep posting it will help you get it out and it can help you find more strength to go on and that your pain is being heard. 

For us trying to encouraging someone else can also help encourage ourselves.

3 hours ago, siderale said:

I'm heartbroken and feeling for you Jadenatalie, currently experiencing roughly the same symptoms and wondering the same. To reinstate or not, to try another medication or not... It's so hard, and you can never know what is the best option.

Relieved to hear you have a supportive and encouraging partner. Nonetheless it doesn't take away your pain and suffering.

Waves come and go. This one you're currently traversing is terrible and long, but it will eventually ease off. Listen to yourself, take it day by day, talk to your doctor if you trust them. You still have the choice in the end. You're fighting hard, better days are ahead ♥♥

Thank you @siderale for your kind words. i'll be thinking of you for your trip, :) hope you have a lovely time, dont pressure yourself too much xx

45 minutes ago, Greatful said:

@Jadenatalie  My heart goes out to you.  I think you can rest assured you are not the only one that gets confused and worn down in W/D, second guess everything, will I get better, can I survive not being on meds, how long will this go on and I just want something to stop the pain. 

What ever you decide to do that's okay.   

I can relate to the panic, I feel fear but not sure where it is coming from,  morphed emotional pain, you know that it is morphed but it feels so real.  Any of your insecurity's are morphed and seem to much to handle, it makes you feel worse about yourself.  Distorted thinking that also feels real.  Weak, fatigue, nausea they are all real and in your face. Anxiety that feels like you want to jump out of your skin, low mood where all you see is darkness. a  brain that doesn't want to work right.

But........ 

If you are able to stop for a minute, look deep inside, can you see yourself not the W/D you, but who you are?  You are in there waiting just under the surface, waiting to bloom.

Find some anger at what these drugs have done to our brains and the havoc they are causing now, and for what, did they really help us. 

Your partner sounds like he is very supportive and there for you.  My husband is also very supportive. When  I start talking about maybe I need to be on meds, I don't know if I can do this anymore, maybe I am just wasting my time suffering.  He reminds me that the meds were not really helping me.  They caused there own set of problems.  Side effects  like more anger,  agitation,  lack of wanting to socialize. I still had anxiety and low self-esteem, some low moods.  So why was I on it?

Here is a big hug🤗.  Tell yourself you are okay at this moment.  You are loved.  You are not alone. Love yourself and be compassionate with  yourself.

Please tell yourself that you are an remarkable and strong woman to have endured this pain for over 5 months.  That is something to be very proud of.

Keep posting it will help you get it out and it can help you find more strength to go on and that your pain is being heard. 

For us trying to encouraging someone else can also help encourage ourselves.

Hi @Greatful, thank you so much again for your lovely words. you are so right with everything you say, and withdrawal does completely eradicate your confidence in yourself and the ability to love yourself and trust your body, its crazy. Thats amazing that you have a supportive husband too, i think without my partner id have caved a long time ago, he keeps me going. My partner says exactly the same regarding me going back on the medication, that they potentially caused more harm than good and the side effects, i still had anxiety and panic whilst i was on them too. 

Thank you, i'm hugging you right back! You're amazing! its a long road but hopefully this will all be a distant memory for us one day! Thank you so much for following my thread and my progress and commenting, it means so much x

On 7/28/2021 at 11:22 AM, Jadenatalie said:

Week 20: Unfortunately, it's another weekly update of me feeling bad. This past week i have dealt with the limb tingling/pins and needles/numbness, i had this consistently for around 5 days. Those have now stopped, but for the last 3 days so far i have had muscle and joint pain everywhere, all over my body, also i have muscle weakness and general lethargy and fatigue. I also have some nausea and i'm very low and tearful. I spent most of the day yesterday crying and feel today will be much of the same. I have very short windows (if any) at the moment and its usually on an evening for an hour or so. So i'm feeling pretty beaten up right now. My partner keeps saying keep going, another day closer to feeling and being better etc. His words do help me and i appreciate him so much for that but at the moment i cannot see it getting better. 

I have considered yesterday that if i dont feel any improvements or have any significant windows soon that i would speak to my GP about going back on some form of anti-depressant. When i told my partner this, he said he thinks i should keep going with the withdrawal because once the withdrawal is over my body is my own again, i dont have to worry about meds or getting off meds again in the future etc. He also said that if i was prescribed another anti-depressant that it would take approx 8-12 weeks for it to fully settle in my system and the med they give me might not agree with me and i'd have to try another med, (which has happened before!) so that process could be pushing 6 months to try get stable on the right med. But if i continued with the withdrawal then that 6 months with what i've done so far would take me to almost 11 months and i would hope to be feeling some positive changes by then. 

Its very hard to know what to do and to figure out how much my body can withstand before i completely lose the will to live. :( x

I was reading your story. Do not come back to ADs.. Just keep pushing. Everything will subside. Here is my success story after less than 1 year under fluoxetine. And the WDs was a nightmare. Everything you described is WD symptom :tinglings, palpitations, nausea, vertigos, dizziness. I can relate !

Do not get back to ADs. All those symptoms are proof that your brain is moving towards a balance point. Do not screw this pattern. Brain recovery needs time to get back to its old status !

May the universe bless you !

7 minutes ago, SchrodingerAlive said:

I was reading your story. Do not come back to ADs.. Just keep pushing. Everything will subside. Here is my success story after less than 1 year under fluoxetine. And the WDs was a nightmare. Everything you described is WD symptom :tinglings, palpitations, nausea, vertigos, dizziness. I can relate !

Do not get back to ADs. All those symptoms are proof that your brain is moving towards a balance point. Do not screw this pattern. Brain recovery needs time to get back to its old status !

May the universe bless you !

Hi @SchrodingerAlive thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I've just read your success story, well done! I'm presuming i'll be feeling worse for longer as i was on the meds approx 5 years so much longer than yourself, but fingers crossed i wont be. I definitely do not want to be back on the meds as they arent a longterm solution and they're no good for anyone. i have ways to manage my anxiety and panic naturally now, i just need the withdrawals to go! 

thank you x

1 minute ago, Jadenatalie said:

Hi @SchrodingerAlive thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I've just read your success story, well done! I'm presuming i'll be feeling worse for longer as i was on the meds approx 5 years so much longer than yourself, but fingers crossed i wont be. I definitely do not want to be back on the meds as they arent a longterm solution and they're no good for anyone. i have ways to manage my anxiety and panic naturally now, i just need the withdrawals to go! 

thank you x

Hey.. You're welcome !

Not necessarily. there is no correlation between longer you take ADs longer you suffer. I have read stories of people taking AD for few days and got slapped by WDs for 2 years. And people taking ADs for 20years and fully recovered in 3 years.  Note the word FULLY. It means you will start feeling better and better stepwise (or by stages).

In 3 months from now, you will be much better than today. And in 6 months much better than 3 months and so on ... The recovery does not follow a linear pattern. It has a very weird design !

Once you admit deep inside you that everything is just a recovery pattern and those symptoms are a reflection of the brain fight then you will get better :)

Take it easy and let your body / brain do their job. You have nothing to do but to give them a little space :)

May the universe bless you