Wave after a year

Ipap0

Hi, so I officially got off sertraline a little over two years ago now. Typical story, I don't want to go too into detail with the beginning. Anyway, long story short, after about three to four months off, I started to have windows. They got increasingly better over time, and my baseline of what I would consider a wave or bad continuously got better. The past few days though, I felt as if I have crashed back to a baseline I can't recall having been at in quite sometime. Maybe somewhere around the mark of a little over a year ago. It's been jarring and concerning, the level of disconnect I have is more pronounced. By disconnect I mean lack of feelings and able to be in tune with them. The depersonalization is back, at least at a noticeable level. I started having trouble finding the words to say again and write things out. My twitching/tardive dyskinesia suddenly got worse after having it very little in the past couple of months. I could go on. 

I've been in a really stressful situation the past week, also lack of sleep and not eating well. Did this potentially set me back? I also wondered if maybe my regular usage of zzzquil could be a culprit, so I quit it three days ago. Has anyone else experienced this, encountering a random wave after a very long time frame of getting better? My waves more or less disappeared over a year ago and I was always either stable or very, very, *very* gradually getting better, so this is concerning me. If you've been here, what helped you cope and how long did it take to get to another window? I just feel odd and worried since I haven't been in this mental state in a long while..

Hello, sorry to hear you are experiencing another wave. It’s so hard. I stopped Sertraline in November and after a horrific first 4 months I had a period of a few weeks where my symptoms settled slightly. Then at month 5 my symptoms ramped up again - muscle twitching, brain fog (forgetting words, people’s names in work), etc. So I understand how frustrating it is to think you are coming out the other side to be right back in the thick of it again. I had to take a course of antibiotics which kick started the symptoms for me. I’ve also had my COVID vaccine and that has increased my symptoms a lot too. Really hope it passes for you soon. Take care. X 

Mid-August 2020 - started 15mg Mirtazapine, increased to 30mg 2 weeks later. Late-September 2020 - switched to 20mg Paroxetine as Mirtazapine exacerbated RLS. October 2020 - stopped Paroxetine because of worsening RLS, muscle twitching and general restlessness.

Mid-October 2020 - Switched to 50mg Sertraline. Restlessness, muscle twitching and other symptoms even worse. Stopped taking it on 18 November following advice from GP - took every other day for a week before stopping completely. Mid-November 2020 - GP prescribed Propranolol to take as and when required for anxiety. Have only taken a few times as it makes me very light headed. January 2020 - currently taking magnesium citrate powder in evenings to help with RLS. Also taking high strength omega-3 fish oil. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy