Jake22: Looking for support groups.

Jake22

Hi, I’m new to this it’s fun trying to navigate 😞 I’m looking for any zoom support groups, I feel like I get more from actually talking to people. I’m working on getting off Wellbutrin and trazodone and hoping to make some friends that understand.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and welcome to SA.  We are a peer owned and run forum of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  There are other organizations that have zoom meetings related to getting off of psych meds.  The first one that comes to mind is "Mad in America".  They have zoom meetings and town halls.  Their link is 

https://www.madinamerica.com

Another one is called "Medicating Normal".  Here is a link to their website and YouTube channel: 

https://medicatingnormal.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh-enG_cv0MbGoU4XdT9mxA

Surviving Antidepressants forum can help guide you in how to safely taper off of your psych meds while minimizing the withdrawal effects.  I suggest you give us a try.  Let me know, and we will try to help.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• getofflex changed the title to Jake22: Looking for support groups.
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Jake22

You may wish to look at these topics

If you don't see a group going on that you can join, post in the appropriate topic and ask if anyone wants to join you in starting one.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.