Neka: Withdrawals

I used Zoloft for 5 days only and it did my body terrible. I didn’t know stopping the meds would cause withdrawals. I can’t get back on because I’m not even having attacks like that but what helps with the withdrawals. I have parathesia, brain fog, ears ringing. It sucks!

Edited by Gridley

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Zoloft 25 mg start date April 5 2021

Zoloft 25 mg stop date April 9 2021

Cause all type of adverse reactions didn’t know how bad these meds could do your body 

No meds prior to this medicine 

Supplements fish oil B12 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and welcome to SA.  We are a peer owned and run forum of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  Did you feel bad when you were on the Zoloft, or after you got off, or both?  I'm sorry you are going through this discomfort.  

First of all, can you please give us specific information about your drug history for all drugs you are on and have been on, especially for the past 18-24 months?  It would be especially helpful to have the details of your drugs in a concise list (no symptoms), only drug names, specific dates (as best you can say for example early March if you don't recall the day) and dosages of each medication decrease or increase.  Please read the link below for instructions.  This will allow us to give you the best guidance.  

How to List Drug History in Signature

Here is some information about how these drugs actually work.  

How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain

This helps you understand what withdrawal syndrome is: 

What is Withdrawal Syndrome?

Also, as we are recovering, we suggest keeping things slow, simple, and stable. This is extremely important. 

Considerations About Stability Stop Jumping Around

Keep it Simple, Slow, and Stable

When we recover, there are times of feeling OK mixed in with times of feeling bad.  This is called windows and waves.

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Here are some techniques to cope with symptoms: 

Non Drug Ways to Cope with Withdrawal Symptoms

We don't suggest many supplements, but 2 that many of us find helpful are magnesium and omega-3 fish oil. Here are the links for info about those. It is suggested to add one at a time, and start with a low dose to see how it affects you. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

I'm sorry that you had this much trouble after only being on it a short time.  Here is a post that talks about this: 

I Only Took it For a Short Time

I've given you quite a bit of information here.  Please read through it, and mull it over, and we will take it from there. In the meantime, take care of yourself, and take heart.  We in this forum have been through this, and we understand first hand the pain and discomfort you are going through.  Please know that the brain is amazing in it's healing abilities.  It takes time, but healing can and will happen. 

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• getofflex changed the title to Neka: Withdrawals
  • Moderator Emeritus

@Neka

Welcome from me, too.

What you are experiencing is not withdrawal but rather an adverse reaction to Zoloft, though the symptoms are very similar, and yours are typical.  An adverse reaction can occur after a few days' use, as was the case with you, or even one dose.  An adverse reaction means the drug is poison to your system. You were wise to stop the drug.

The damage is not permanent.  You will recover but it may take some time.  In the meantime, please take a look at the links getofflex provided on magnesium and omega-3.  These can be very calming to the system.  

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

On 5/13/2021 at 3:17 PM, Gridley said:

@Neka

Welcome from me, too.

What you are experiencing is not withdrawal but rather an adverse reaction to Zoloft, though the symptoms are very similar, and yours are typical.  An adverse reaction can occur after a few days' use, as was the case with you, or even one dose.  An adverse reaction means the drug is poison to your system. You were wise to stop the drug.

The damage is not permanent.  You will recover but it may take some time.  In the meantime, please take a look at the links getofflex provided on magnesium and omega-3.  These can be very calming to the system.  

I hope so! I’ve been taking the fish oil pills but now I’m starting to get these headaches. One min I’m feeling good the next I’m not. I’m just ready for this to be over with omg! 

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Cause all type of adverse reactions didn’t know how bad these meds could do your body 

Supplements fish oil B12 

On 5/13/2021 at 2:57 PM, getofflex said:

Hello, and welcome to SA.  We are a peer owned and run forum of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  Did you feel bad when you were on the Zoloft, or after you got off, or both?  I'm sorry you are going through this discomfort.  

First of all, can you please give us specific information about your drug history for all drugs you are on and have been on, especially for the past 18-24 months?  It would be especially helpful to have the details of your drugs in a concise list (no symptoms), only drug names, specific dates (as best you can say for example early March if you don't recall the day) and dosages of each medication decrease or increase.  Please read the link below for instructions.  This will allow us to give you the best guidance.  

Also, as we are recovering, we suggest keeping things slow, simple, and stable. This is extremely important. 

When we recover, there are times of feeling OK mixed in with times of feeling bad.  This is called windows and waves.

We don't suggest many supplements, but 2 that many of us find helpful are magnesium and omega-3 fish oil. Here are the links for info about those. It is suggested to add one at a time, and start with a low dose to see how it affects you. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

I'm sorry that you had this much trouble after only being on it a short time.  Here is a post that talks about this: 

I've given you quite a bit of information here.  Please read through it, and mull it over, and we will take it from there. In the meantime, take care of yourself, and take heart.  We in this forum have been through this, and we understand first hand the pain and discomfort you are going through.  Please know that the brain is amazing in it's healing abilities.  It takes time, but healing can and will happen. 

Well this is my first time on meds. I started the first week in April and only took it for 5 days and I abruptly stopped. After I stopped I started to get muscle aches then everything went in parathesia mode! Now I’m taking the fish oil pills but my head is hurting some kind of bad. I just wish all this was over with. 

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

• Moderator Emeritus
12 hours ago, Neka said:

I just wish all this was over with. 

I'm sorry you're feeling bad.  You're not alone.  It will get better.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

On 5/13/2021 at 2:57 PM, getofflex said:

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

Well this is my first time on meds. I started the first week in April and only took it for 5 days and I abruptly stopped. After I stopped I started to get muscle aches then everything went in parathesia mode! Now I’m taking the fish oil pills but my head is hurting some kind of bad. I just wish all this was over with. 

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

Well do the parathesia ever go away! One min I’m fine then all of sudden I go numb again. This is so scary but I’m keeping the faith and hoping it get better with time! 5 days and this destroyed my everything.

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, can you please give us your drug signature according to these instructions?  Thank you.

I believe the parathesia will eventually go away, but it takes time. Did you read my link above "I Only Took it For a Short Time" at the end of my previous post?  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

On 5/21/2021 at 3:20 PM, getofflex said:

Hello, can you please give us your drug signature according to these instructions?  Thank you.

I believe the parathesia will eventually go away, but it takes time. Did you read my link above "I Only Took it For a Short Time" at the end of my previous post?  

I think I just updated in account settings thank you! 

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

• Moderator Emeritus

Sorry, but it's still not showing up.  Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen, click on account settings, then click on signature on the left.  Type it in the box there, then save.  That should do it.  

Please rest assured that your symptoms will fade in time.  These drugs are very powerful, and they tend to destabilize the nervous system, especially when you have an adverse reaction to them such as you did.  Please see How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take

Edited by getofflex

Yes, and thank you! It’s crazy how the nervous system work one min I’m fine then all of sudden it’s like I’m questioning myself I’m I still breathing. I have learned from the support group that everything will be okay so I haven’t had any panic attacks but I’m still learning to cope with how bad my body reacted to this drug. This is a mess one min I’m good the next feel as if some is moving in my head and the fact the parathesia is very irritating. I’ll hang on in there! 

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

Is there any type of food I should focus on while healing from adverse reaction? Just trying to see if a set diet would help. It’s frustrating trying to get my body back right esp from the headaches. 

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, I see your drug sig now.  🙂 It sounds like the classic windows and waves pattern you are experiencing.  

17 hours ago, Neka said:

I’ll hang on in there! 

I'm glad to hear this.  👊  Keep up the good work! 

1 hour ago, getofflex said:

Thank you, I see your drug sig now.  🙂 It sounds like the classic windows and waves pattern you are experiencing.  

I'm glad to hear this.  👊  Keep up the good work! 

Is there any type of foods I should focus on to make sure I’m keeping my stability? I think I’ll be okay I had to CT done in March before taking the medicine due to me having anxiety attacks so when I went to the neurologist she said since I had 2 priors both came back clear I shouldn’t need another one. I’m guessing it’s the waves and windows also because one min seems as if some is moving in the back of head then sometimes seems as if it have move to the front. I’m glad I found this group because honestly people thought I was crazy telling them they way I felt. I’m a social drinker occasionally so it feels so weird trying to let this wave pass without damaging it any further. I look forward to reading people horror stories on how psych meds did damage. Thanks once again! 

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

• Moderator Emeritus

What I do it eat a balanced diet with mostly whole unprocessed foods.  I eat fresh meats and seafood, fresh fruits and veggies, and more whole grains.  It's bit more challenging now with my husband retired and my 18 year old home from college.  I do better when I don't eat significant amounts of sugar, and I eat 3 modest sized meals and maybe a snack each day.  Here is a thread about diet, and other things.  The diet links are towards the bottom: 

Topics About Diet, etc.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:02 AM, Neka said:

I’m a social drinker occasionally so it feels so weird trying to let this wave pass without damaging it any further.

Just FYI, alcohol affects the nervous system, and can cause problems for a lot of people in WD who have sensitized nervous systems.  

• 2 weeks later...

Today I feel terrible! I’m not sure what’s going on with my body tingling all over my body that comes and goes and chest hurts in the middle. I don’t want to overthink, but it’s so scary! I been off meds two months now and seems as if I can’t catch a break. I must go on, but it’s so so hard. I’m pretty sure if I go to ER they will tell me I’m fine. I’ll just be glad when all of this is over with! 

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

Hi Neka

I have been off meds over 4 months and those symptoms you describe is exactly what I have had for 4 months.  Stay Strong I think it is all part of withdrawal, at least I hope so as I have never, ever experienced it before.

Started venlafaxine December 2016. Started to wean off Effexor over 16 months period and I had no issues at all. Stopped June 2020.  Unfortunately, I was under chronic stress from 4 deaths (1 was my mother) in the family amongst other things  and sunk back down in October 2020.  Rather than accepting this was chronic stress and grief, I panicked and went to the GP.

October 2020 prescribed Vortioxetine 10mg for 1 month and then increased to 15 mg ups advice from GP on for 7 weeks in total.  Had suicidal thoughts and off the wall anxiety.  Changed to Lexapro in mid December 2020, slow titration from 2.5mg up to 10mg.  After 7 weeks again off the wall anxiety. I was advised to take 5mg for one week and stop as I want to go 'au natural'.  Last SSRI was 30 January 2021.  

I was also prescribed diazepam and Zopiclone through the 4 months of taking SSRis to 'manage' the side effects and also for the withdrawal.   I am probably withdrawing from all drugs.

8 minutes ago, Neka said:

tingling all over my body that comes and goes and chest hurts in the middle

I can only relate with such weird sensations and symptoms. In my case, something that helps not increase the panic in this state/transform it into a full-blown panic attack due to overthinking, is breathing exercises, for example five-minute long cardiac coherence exercises. This particular video is my go-to video in case of panic attacks or shortness of breath. There must be many others like it. You just have to focus on the dot going up and down, inhaling and exhaling in rhythm. I hope you feel better soon.

Better days are ahead. If you read this and are still struggling - hang in there. It'll be worth it. My success story: I recovered from Escitalopram withdrawal.

Aug 2017 - May 2018 -> Escitalopram 10 mg. 

Nov 2018 - Jan 2021 -> Escitalopram 10 mg. Feb 2021 - 5 mg.  Feb-March 2021 - 5 mg, one day out of two.

Since March 13th, 2021 -> Escitalopram 0 mg. Withdrawal appeared 1 week after last dose.

Profile image: Edward Robert Hughes' "Night"

11 minutes ago, BooBoo19 said:

Hi Neka

I have been off meds over 4 months and those symptoms you describe is exactly what I have had for 4 months.  Stay Strong I think it is all part of withdrawal, at least I hope so as I have never, ever experienced it before.

Thank you! It can be so aggravating at times! Praying and wishing for the best. I believe it is all part of withdrawal because it’s not hurting every day nor is it sharp. I just notice the sensations of the feeling sometimes when I move, but it don’t last long and the tingling comes and goes. I’lol be glad when I come off the roller coaster.

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

8 minutes ago, siderale said:

I can only relate with such weird sensations and symptoms. In my case, something that helps not increase the panic in this state/transform it into a full-blown panic attack due to overthinking, is breathing exercises, for example five-minute long cardiac coherence exercises. This particular video is my go-to video in case of panic attacks or shortness of breath. There must be many others like it. You just have to focus on the dot going up and down, inhaling and exhaling in rhythm. I hope you feel better soon.

Yes, and I thank you! I’m trying day by day not to overthink things especially with all the weird things that goes on. I mean my windows can be good then boom here come a nasty wave. I’m learning, but I’ll definitely look into your video. Thanks once again! 

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

I was trying to go and read a lot of people side affects on how psych meds did their body. Even though I’m still having them like muscle weakness, brain fog, and etc. I was trying to see have anybody experienced this that I’m having. I went to the ER the other day experiencing chest pains, but the thing is it feels as if something is traveling up my stomach logging in my chest and back causing me to have chest pain and the only way it stops I’ll have to make myself burp. They told me everything was fine with X-ray showing no blockage and that I should see gastroenterologist to see if it’s anything in there. On top of that I guess the nerves will push down on my nose and ears from that particular pressure making it all bad. I was just wondering had anyone else had that side affect or something similar to it. It’s driving me nuts!!! 

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

1 hour ago, Neka said:

I was trying to go and read a lot of people side affects on how psych meds did their body. Even though I’m still having them like muscle weakness, brain fog, and etc. I was trying to see have anybody experienced this that I’m having. I went to the ER the other day experiencing chest pains, but the thing is it feels as if something is traveling up my stomach logging in my chest and back causing me to have chest pain and the only way it stops I’ll have to make myself burp. They told me everything was fine with X-ray showing no blockage and that I should see gastroenterologist to see if it’s anything in there. On top of that I guess the nerves will push down on my nose and ears from that particular pressure making it all bad. I was just wondering had anyone else had that side affect or something similar to it. It’s driving me nuts!!! 

@NekaI have have very similar symptoms with burping and the nose and ear pressure. I am also a adverse reaction member on here !! Smh hate these drugs!!

2018 - Zoloft for 5 days then CT due to severe nausea , no severe withdrawals and no adverse reaction.

OCT 2020- vitamin D (5000iu) -which I know now is too high dosage and looking back it now I realize it was causing mood issues, which led me to search for ADs.

2021 - Paxil 3 days  (Feb 16,17,18)CT due to severe nausea ( side note day of CT I got my second dose of covid 19 vaccine which could have further destabilized my CNS) then 4 weeks later severe adverse reaction that included every single WD symptom on here.

2021- month out ( April 05, 07)not knowing what was going on went to ER twice and was placed on hydroxyzine and Reglan (anti-nausea) ( which I know now affects serotonin levels also) nothing helped.

Then went to two different psychiatrists one who referred me to GI for the nausea denying Paxil had anything to do with my symptoms, the second one prescribed me Buspirone Klonopin, and Trazadone ( I refused to take neither , thank God) I had feeling it still was the Paxil.

April 30th -CT everything Bc nothing was helping and miraculously found this website SA and saw every symptom I was going through.

Currently no drugs, only fish oil in the evenings. !!! 

Weird you say that, I thought I was the only one who had these symptoms.  I had an EKG and it came back normal.  I would feel gassy and chest pain.  The pain would reduce if I could make myself burp.  The one thing the doctor did diagnose was acid reflux causing my esophagus to spasm.  I couldn't figure out what it was and felt like my heart would skip a beat.  Turned out I was having a significant spasm.  I still get minor spasms from time to time if I lay down after eating.  It was quite scary and would only make my symptoms worse.  Once I had calmed down my medical anxiety and had a reasonable explanation it helped.

My symptoms only occurred when my anxiety was intensely heightened.

Do you notice this happens if you are having more anxiety or just after eating/drinking anything in particular?

40 yo Male. Started Paxil about 15 years ago. 10 mg (pill weight .125 - .129 g). 5 yrs wanted less side effects, doctor took me off Paxil over couple week period and put me on Wellbutrin. Not good. Went back on Paxil. Relieved my symptoms, but didn't work as well and more side effects. Severe reaction between Paxil and Zomig Summer of 2012. Head was affected during warmer days (cloudiness, confusion, pressure). Began 10% withdrawal 10/24/12.

Withdrawel helped many symptoms, but also added side effects: nausea, dizziness, tiredness. Hyper-anxiety started January 2014.

Went through a 2 year period of de-realization (2016-2018).  Rarely any windows.  
Current dose: 0.00 as of 4/10/21.  Made a lot of progress in my withdrawal symptoms the last 2 years of my taper.  I think doing a liquid taper helped stabilize things on the lower doses.  A lot of my symptoms have reduced significantly.  Hoping for even more improvement now that I am off.
My thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8909-rusty1-paxil-withdrawal-help-and-advice-welcome/#entry150222

• Administrator

Hello, @Neka 

Please don't start new topics when you want to ask "what should I do?" questions. To answer them properly, we need to see your history, which is here in your Introductions topic. 

Please post those "what should I do?" questions here in your topic.

Have you read all the responses to your questions above?

Yes, people have odd symptoms such as you've described when they are experiencing withdrawal. You abruptly went off Zoloft 2 months ago. Have your symptoms gotten better, worse, or are they the same as they were in early May?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is one of those days. Everything so far has been going as well and I’m learning to accept my waves and windows. Today I’m experiencing a lot of numbness, pressure in my forehead and nose. I just wanted to let you all know I’m taking it day by day, but I know from all the success stories that I shall overcome.

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello @Neka

I've merged the new topic you created with your Introduction thread.

We have only one introduction thread per member, this way it keeps all your story in one place.

Please update in this thread without creating a new one.

Take care ☺

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

1 hour ago, Erell said:

Hello @Neka

I've merged the new topic you created with your Introduction thread.

We have only one introduction thread per member, this way it keeps all your story in one place.

Please update in this thread without creating a new one.

Take care ☺

Thanks! I will.....

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

• 1 month later...

I’ve been on this road for almost 4 months some days are great some are terrible. Do some people have headaches where they just sit in the back of your head and on your nose? It affects my anxiety so bad I’m trying each and everyday, but when it’s over I’ll be surely glad.

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

• Mentor

@Neka  Hi reading your thread, and I could tell you about all sorts of headaches and nose pressure.  I have had crazy brain sensations since day on.  Zapping, buzzing, really sore spots, vice grip between my temples, someone driving a peg through the top of my head, very tight skull, headaches on one side of head and face, electricity zinging around my brain. Brain feels like a bowling bowl rolling around your head.  This rotates around from one symptom to the next.  Dry sinuses, burning sinuses.  The weird stuff from W/D in never ending. 

I am sorry that you have to go through it all from a adverse reaction.   

You sound like you really have it all under control.

You are doing a super job rolling with the punches.

Keep posting and sharing your journey.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

@Greatful thanks it’s been very challenging because these meds really messes up your brain like that some days are very scary, but I pray and continue on. I think reading other people success stories gives me hope so I try to go back and read as much as I can. 
You keep up the good work as well 😉

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

• Moderator Emeritus

@Neka I agree with Grateful, you are doing great, even though some days you feel badly.  Your patience and time is what will get you through this and to the other side.  I agree, reading other people's success stories gives a lot of hope!  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Mentor

@Neka  Hi, stopping by to see how you are doing.  It has been pretty quite over here.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

@Greatful things are a lil better I can’t complain still having these migraines though. Went to take a mri and had a anxiety attack so before I can reschedule I have to see my pcp so I can get meds to relax. Glad you are doing well keep it up! 

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12 

• Mentor

@Neka  What kind of meds?  I don't want to scare you but if they are talking about a benzo? This could affect your WD.  

Maybe you should tag a mod and see what they say. frogie is very good at dealing with benzo's.  Sorry if I am jumping to conclusions?🙄

9 hours ago, Neka said:

Went to take a mri

I hope everything is okay.❤️

It is good to see that you are doing a little better in the WD department.

Keep up the good work.

33 minutes ago, Greatful said:

@Neka  What kind of meds?  I don't want to scare you but if they are talking about a benzo? This could affect your WD.  

Maybe you should tag a mod and see what they say. frogie is very good at dealing with benzo's.  Sorry if I am jumping to conclusions?🙄

I hope everything is okay.❤️

It is good to see that you are doing a little better in the WD department.

Keep up the good work.

@Greatful I’m not sure I’ll see I think it’s just some they give to keep you calm just so you want be afraid of taking the mri. Trust and believe I’m not taking no more psych meds I just started back taking Tylenol. I hate to say it, but I was never a fan of meds and those meds have made me terrified of a lot that I put in my body. We will see once I go this week. 

Zoloft 50mg prescribed 

Supplements fish oil B12