GVR91: Please who can ease my mind in my withdrawal story? The doctors say it's not possible. It means the world if someone can help me with this! thanks! and are benzos a problem with recovery because it eases my symptoms a bit?

Posted (edited)

Hello guys,

Took paxil when i was burnt out now i have hypersensitivity (cold shivers), weak muscles, muscle aches, weak legs for months. Oxazepam eases symptoms a bit but will recovery take longer when i take benzo's? (not everyday)

When I burnt out my cortisol was going through the roof I had bad anxiety and couldnt think straight anymore so I decided to try Paxil 10mg, The anxiety dissapeared and i did well on it for 5 months then I tapered slowy 10mg 9.8mg 9.6mg and so on. (only side effects were burning kness and stiff legs) But I could handle that side effects better than the anxiety

I felt a little better better but Last october (2 months after the taper) the stress shoot to the roof again so I re-used the paxil this is when the hell started. The anxiety dissapeared the same day but I felt a major crash in my system I became severe fatigued, could barely walk, and I had a burning (emotion feely) sensation in my whole body etc. (doctor said it was start up symptoms so I decided to go on. It got a little better after a month but then the extreme sensitization started. My whole body felt frozen when I got outside and a burning spot appeared on my foot (not visible but tender to touch. So i decided to quit and tapered down in 2 weeks (so the whole course took 2.5 months). Took the last pill 30th december 2020

Now I have this disabling symptoms:

- Extreme fatigue (on and off) not the normal sleepy fatigue but extreme fatigue sensation in my body that comes and goes and I can hardly walk and function with it.

- My nerves feel cold and tender. It feels like my body is rubbed with a menthol creme so it feels cold/shivery/prickly all day (comes and goes but more often than not)

- My calves and legs feel very weak when I walk

- I had a chronic electric shock sensation in my calves (this lessened over time)

- When I want to go for a nap at the moment I will fall asleep then I get the same feeling in my belly and the rest of the body when you're in plane that's losing height fast. Strange feeling and then im awake. This only happens with a nap. Not often (sometimes) in the evening when i'm going to bed, then I sleep well. I have no insomnia or brainzaps.

- When i wake up my knees, belly, and elbows have a strange burning/energized feeling just like an 'emotion' feeling. When I stay in bed the feeling become a lot worse. So i have to go out bed. And this 'emotion' feeling comes and goes the whole day in different parts of my body.

- 5 months now from taking my last dose.

I'm losing my job and my marriage, and was thinking about suicide because i can't live with this sh*tty feeling, i loose everything what i worked for.

No one understands and saying its just anxiety and in my head and can't come from SSRI only 4-6 weeks max. (yes i have GAD) but this adverse reaction was very real and still feeling it until today.

Then I found this forum. And knowing that I'm not alone battling this that gives me some strength.

Can someone give me some insight on this symptoms? My symptoms ease a bit when i take oxazepam. I take it sometimes not daily because i dont want to build tolerance to it. But can do it harm for the nervous system? Should i stop taking it for my recovery?

Thanks a lot if someone that replies and give some insight to my story

Edited by Gridley

2019 oct - fluoxetine 10 mg 7 weeks (didn't work).     2020 feb - paroxetine 10mg for 5 months, tapered down in 1 month 9.8mg 9.6mg 9.4mg and so on.        2020 oct - paroxetine 10mg after 2 months I restarted the use of it because of WD symptoms 10mg (too much) then the (physical) problems started, after 2,5 months I tapered down in 2 weeks.

since 31 december 2020 - drug free

Supplements: magnesium Biglycinate 250mg 2 times daily

Worst symptoms: always hypersensitive tingling skin/painful cold shivers/itchy jittery nerves/clothes, wind, cold air feels painful on skin/difficulty walking because of stiff legs - max 10-15min walk then cramped calves, so can't work atm./suicidal thoughts, these comes and goes.

Improved: aches/twitches (3/10)

"The place of true healing is a fierce place. It's a giant place. It's a place of monstrous beauty and endless dark and glimmering light. And you have to work really, really, really hard to get there, but you can do it."    Cheryl Strayed

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GVR91

• Altostrata

• Sebas

• Kiasofia

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you see someone say it’s irreversible, that is probably because throwing numerous different drugs at the problem did not help. Precisely, because that is how to kindle someone. The adverse reacti

* For non members please understand i'm always posting when in a wave. I have a lot of constant heavy waves. And a extreme rough time. But i have some small moments of a little relief. Then i don't po

Then it's possible you had an adverse reaction to the drug, meaning the drug is now poison to your system.  You will heal in time.   It may or may not be a problem.  As I said, intermitten

Can this be a permanent brain change? Im affraid because when I took the SSRI for the 2nd time my system was on high alert because I was on burnt out. Now i'm affraid that it's permanently damaged. 

I read stories about 6 years recovery can't handle it for so long. This makes me depressed.

2019 oct - fluoxetine 10 mg 7 weeks (didn't work).     2020 feb - paroxetine 10mg for 5 months, tapered down in 1 month 9.8mg 9.6mg 9.4mg and so on.        2020 oct - paroxetine 10mg after 2 months I restarted the use of it because of WD symptoms 10mg (too much) then the (physical) problems started, after 2,5 months I tapered down in 2 weeks.

Worst symptoms: always hypersensitive tingling skin/painful cold shivers/itchy jittery nerves/clothes, wind, cold air feels painful on skin/difficulty walking because of stiff legs - max 10-15min walk then cramped calves, so can't work atm./suicidal thoughts, these comes and goes.

"The place of true healing is a fierce place. It's a giant place. It's a place of monstrous beauty and endless dark and glimmering light. And you have to work really, really, really hard to get there, but you can do it."    Cheryl Strayed

Gridley

Welcome to SA, GVR91.

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.  A list format is best.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

You are experiencing antidepressant withdrawal caused by too-fast tapers of the Paxil.  Doctors, who receive their information from the pharmaceutical companies who make and profit from these drugs, don't believe in the existence of withdrawal.  Our experience here has been the opposite.  Those who tell you that your symptoms cannot be caused by SSRI withdrawal are uninformed and just plain wrong.

When we take psychiatric medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

These explain the healing process really well.

Regarding the Oxaxepam, I would caution you to be very careful.  It, like other benzodiazepams, can cause physiological dependence within 2 to 4 weeks of regular use and can also result from intermittent use.  I'm currently tapering a benzo that I became dependent on.  Once you become dependent, you no longer receive any benefits from the drugs and are taking it only to stave off withdrawal.  With what frequency and for how long have you been taking the Oxaxepam?

The damage from these drugs is not permanent,  Your brain is amazingly resilient and heals itself through a process known as neuroplasticity.
Regarding the length of time for your recovery, no one can predict how long recovery will take.  Ir varies from individual to individual.  My suggestion is that you assume you will heal relatively quickly.  This type of attitude promotes healing, while a fearful attitude tends to have the opposite effect.  Thoughts are very powerful, and your body and nervous system reflect and make them happen.  It's like eating good food for your body's health.  Give your brain good thoughts to ingest.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems. Get supplements that are single ingredient (not mixed with other types of supplements).

This is your Introduction topic, where you can complete your drug signature, ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg 

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper.  Current dose as of Sept 13: 9mg 

Taper is 52% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan-Sept 2016 tapered to 16mg.  

Held until Aug 2021, tapered for 4 weeks to 14.4mg and holding.  

Taper is 80% complete.  

Supplements: omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotic, zinc, melatonin .3mg

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Gridley changed the title to GVR91: Please who can ease my mind in my withdrawal story? The doctors say it's not possible. It means the world if someone can help me with this! thanks! and are benzos a problem with recovery because it eases my symptoms a bit?

Thanks a lot gridley! 

I doubt its from the tapering. Because it started on the 3rd day of re-starting the meds. And the symptoms became worse so i quitted. But the debilitating symptoms stayed for 5 months now (the taper was fast but symptoms started before)

I took the oxazepam on and off now for 4 weeks. Don t take it everyday because i dont want to be dependant then i have another problem..

But is it a problem to take it sometimes? Will it slow down the healing process of the neurotransmitters from the ssri mess?

I will start with the magnesium and fish oil again. Thanks.

Is it good to sport like running 1 mile.

Or is this not good for the nervous system because its activating?

I quitted alcohol. I have to quitte from smoking also i think its better for the healing process.

Its scary to read some people go through this for years and years.

But i will try what you say. And think that it will heal faster.

I can desperately read all the threads of the forum but i think there's only 1 cure and thats time. 

Thanks for the help

Gridley
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GVR91 said:

I doubt its from the tapering. Because it started on the 3rd day of re-starting the meds.

Then it's possible you had an adverse reaction to the drug, meaning the drug is now poison to your system.  You will heal in time.

1 hour ago, GVR91 said:

But is it a problem to take it sometimes? Will it slow down the healing process of the neurotransmitters from the ssri mess?

It may or may not be a problem.  As I said, intermittent use can cause dependency.  It's very difficult to determine at what frequency intermittent use results in dependency.  I don't believe it will slow down the healing of the neurotransmitters from your SSRI use.

Re the magnesium and the omegas, try one at a time, starting with a lw dose.

Re the running, strenuous exercise can be too activating for people destabilized by psychiatric drugs.  It is helps you, great.  If you find it makes you feel worse, you would be better off doing milder exercise. 

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 52% complete.

Taper is 80% complete.  

Supplements: omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotic, zinc, melatonin .3mg

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Thanks gridley! you are doing good work thanks for that!!

last question: do you ever heard of people used ketamin to rewire the brain. I did read a story that ketamin can bring your brain/neurotransmitters back into homeostasis. I dont dare to try it for now. So i like to hear if there are people with knowledge about it.

Rosetta

Hi, By now the doctors have no excuse for believing AD withdrawal is “not possible.”  Willful ignorance is the only possibility.  I hope you feel better soon. -Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

Hello,  

I had a bad reaction on my last Paroxetine SSRI. I quitted last december. Since then I'm experiencing horrible disabling problems. my nightsleep is okay but:

- can't work anymore because of my jelly/stiff legs 

- somedays barely can't walk

- tingling/prickling sensations on my whole body especially cold shivers

- muscle aches

- burning skin

most of the time present. I have some good days maybe 1 out of 15 but even then I don't feel like myself. (don't know if this is a window, I'm happy then symptoms ease and I get some trust in my recovery, but next days it's awfull as always, and thinking this is gonna last at least 2 years because of the bad stories I read on this site and my bad state) 

I'm now at a point of losing my job, losing my wife and losing my house caused by this. I was burnt out for 1.5 year (dr prescribed Paroxetine because of that) But now my problem is much worse! because of the wrecked nervous system.  

But now my question:

I want some advise --> my parents (I live by them b'cause i cant take care of myself anymore)see that i'm tortured by this sh*tty WD state, hardly able to walk for 5 months, crying, suicidal because i lose everything around me caused by this WD and don't know when it stops. etc. and they recommend take some oxazepam you feel better blabla, Dr does say the same (it can't do harm, yeah right).

They say that I'm stubborn of not taking it and i'm bullying myself.  I take it in very rare occasions and when I take Oxazepam 10mg I feel a lot better and my symptoms of not able to walk anymore dissapear like snow in the sun. But i'm affraid it slows down the healing of my brain.

But i know the problem with benzo's because I read the forum, I didn't have any addiction to it because i'm a little bit scared of all meds at the moment and I read into what i'm taking. I have a big problem right now caused by psychopharma and I know that Psychopharma is not the solution to my problem! 

BUT.. is it a problem when I take it occasionaly like 10/20 mg oxazepam 1 or 2 times a week? --> is it harder for the brain to come back in homeostasis when taking this occasionaly? or do I really bullying myself?

I hope to hear your advice thankyou :)

(please don't say things like it took me 3 years to recover etc... This kind of information makes me really anxious and depressed, thank you)

• Administrator
Altostrata

@GVR91 I moved your post here. Please put all questions and updates about your particular situation in this topic so we're not answering the same questions over and over.

As I understand it, you took 10mg paroxetine for 5 months and tapered over a month. You went off in August 2020. How did you feel after you went off?

For what symptoms did you go back on Paxil in October 2020?

On 5/15/2021 at 6:41 AM, GVR91 said:

I felt a little better better but Last october (2 months after the taper) the stress shoot to the roof again so I re-used the paxil this is when the hell started. The anxiety dissapeared the same day but I felt a major crash in my system I became severe fatigued, could barely walk, and I had a burning (emotion feely) sensation in my whole body etc. (doctor said it was start up symptoms so I decided to go on. It got a little better after a month but then the extreme sensitization started. My whole body felt frozen when I got outside and a burning spot appeared on my foot (not visible but tender to touch. So i decided to quit and tapered down in 2 weeks (so the whole course took 2.5 months). Took the last pill 30th december 2020

Were you drinking alcohol in the months of August through December? When did you stop drinking all alcohol?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks Altostrata!

I was burnt out and started with paxil februari 2020 until july 2020 (5months) i wanted to stop because i did not now if the fatigue was caused by my burnout or the antidepressant. But i felt okay on it. I tapered down in one month with 0.2mg a day.

It was okay, i had some muscle ache and some strange emotion/energy feelings in my stomach and arms but i didn't link it to the antidepressant at that time but thought it was the burnout that caused strange symptoms. Now i know better

August, september, was okay some aches and 2 days a strange burning sensation inside the body (emotion like feeling in my arms legs and stomach) but after that i felt almost normal. I didn't drink alcohol for a year and one evening i drunk 7-10 beers. The next day my whole body tingled and became prickly for 2 days so i quitted drinking immediately (still thought it was the burnout that caused this)

Then after a couple of weeks (in October) the tension became really intense i thought it was stress (have generalised anxiety disorder and i was stressed out of losing my job)but by now i think it could also be SSRI WD. dont know for sure but it was unbearable and couldn't sleep so dr suggested going back on the SSRI.

I started with 2.5 then 5mg and after 10 days 10mg

I had extreme energized/emotion like feelings in my body and extreme weak and fatigued muscles but still thought it was the burnout that caused this symptoms and i had to go through the first bad weeks of AD start up.

After 3 weeks it got a little bit better. Still fatigued (thought it was the burnout) but then after 5 weeks there arose a burning/tingling spot on top of my left feet (not visible) didnt pay much attention to it because my mind was quit and i was happy with that. Later my full body became hypersenstive, extreme pins, needles and it felt like if i had wet clothes on all day and couldn't handle cold weather anymore. 

So i decided to quit after a total of 2 months. I tapered down a bit fast because of the unbearable feeling 10mg 9mg 8mg 7mg and so on.

31st december 2020 i took the last mg and started 2021 drug free. January was relatively okay, muscle aches and tired. On and off. 

February it became extreme, unbearable muscle tension, extreme sensitivity of the skin, weak muscles, burning muscles, jelly legs, muscle twitches in my calves almost all of my symptoms are physical. And change all day in intensity and from place to place

Since 3 weeks the burning spot on my feet has dissapeared and is hardly noticeble. 

But the tension, weakness, fatigue, (not sleepy but fatigued body and muscles like you walked all day with somebody on your back) and the hypersensitive skin is not changed at all. 

When i have senstive prickly skin - i can walk no problem with the legs. 

When i have no hypersensitive skin i cant barely walk.

The symptoms change about the day but mostly not all at the same time

My sleep is okay 9hrs a night.

Can't nap in daytime, when i do that i get a strange burning sensation in my stomach when i at the point off falling asleep some nauseau feeling.

Dr prescribed me oxazepam for the hypersensitive skin took one and it helped. Also with the fatigue and legs.

But i dont dare to take them because im anxious of creating more problems to my CNS.

Thanks for reading!

I don't know if it is relevant but i took paroxetine in 2012 for 12 months. Tapered down the same way in one month -0.2mg a day. 

With no problems at all

Paxil3days
On 5/15/2021 at 1:02 PM, Gridley said:

Then it's possible you had an adverse reaction to the drug, meaning the drug is now poison to your system.  You will heal in time.

It may or may not be a problem.  As I said, intermittent use can cause dependency.  It's very difficult to determine at what frequency intermittent use results in dependency.  I don't believe it will slow down the healing of the neurotransmitters from your SSRI use.

Re the magnesium and the omegas, try one at a time, starting with a lw dose.

Re the running, strenuous exercise can be too activating for people destabilized by psychiatric drugs.  It is helps you, great.  If you find it makes you feel worse, you would be better off doing milder exercise. 

Hey @Gridley I took Paxil 3 days and adverse reaction with Severe WD symptoms from shaking, burning, insomnia, nausea , vomiting, head pressures, headaches, all of it,

updated: past two weeks slowly seeing symptoms recover, but still have the waves, and wondering if I you know anyone who completely recovered from adverse reaction? 

also, if you know how I can lower the waves, 

currently on Magnesium and Fish oil and multivitamins.

2018 - Zoloft for 5 days then CT due to severe nausea , no severe withdrawals and no adverse reaction.

OCT 2020- vitamin D (5000iu) -which I know now is too high dosage and looking back it now I realize it was causing mood issues, which led me to search for ADs.

2021 - Paxil 3 days  (Feb 16,17,18)CT due to severe nausea ( side note day of CT I got my second dose of covid 19 vaccine which could have further destabilized my CNS) then 4 weeks later severe adverse reaction that included every single WD symptom on here.

2021- month out ( April 05, 07)not knowing what was going on went to ER twice and was placed on hydroxyzine and Reglan (anti-nausea) ( which I know now affects serotonin levels also) nothing helped.

Then went to two different psychiatrists one who referred me to GI for the nausea denying Paxil had anything to do with my symptoms, the second one prescribed me Buspirone Klonopin, and Trazadone ( I refused to take neither , thank God) I had feeling it still was the Paxil.

April 30th -CT everything Bc nothing was helping and miraculously found this website SA and saw every symptom I was going through.

Currently no drugs, only fish oil in the evenings. !!! 

Gridley
20 minutes ago, Paxil3days said:

also, if you know how I can lower the waves, 

The magnesium and omega-3's are the only supplements we recommend.  It can take a while for their calming effect to kick in.  Otherwise, time is the greatest healer.  We recommend a healthy diet, mild exercise and avoiding caffeine, alcohol and marijuan.  Sugar can also be overstiulsting.

We don't recommend multivitamins because they contain B-complex, which can be too activating for people in withdrawal,and also because if you have a negative reaction to the supplement you won't know which ingredient is the cause.  If it's working for you, fine.  If you like, you can try stopping the multivitamin and see how it affects you.

Here's one example of an adverse reaction recovery.  I'm sure there are others.  Often when people recover from withdrawal or adverse reactions, they don't write in.  It's been our experience on this site that we all recover from adverse reactions and withdrawal.

Farout - fully recovered from adverse reaction and long ...

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 52% complete.

Taper is 80% complete.  

Paxil3days
12 minutes ago, Gridley said:

The magnesium and omega-3's are the only supplements we recommend.  It can take a while for their calming effect to kick in.  Otherwise, time is the greatest healer.  We recommend a healthy diet, mild exercise and avoiding caffeine, alcohol and marijuan.  Sugar can also be overstiulsting.

We don't recommend multivitamins because they contain B-complex, which can be too activating for people in withdrawal,and also because if you have a negative reaction to the supplement you won't know which ingredient is the cause.  If it's working for you, fine.  If you like, you can try stopping the multivitamin and see how it affects you.

Here's one example of an adverse reaction recovery.  I'm sure there are others.  Often when people recover from withdrawal or adverse reactions, they don't write in.  It's been our experience on this site that we all recover from adverse reactions and withdrawal.

Farout - fully recovered from adverse reaction and long ...

Thank you so much , yea I gonna stop the multivitamin for now , I also take B-6 Bc saw that was recommend on this site before. 

also , after recovery is complete any physical health conditions or issues like will I be able to do multivitamins again? Sorry for feeling like asking too many questions, I am just so sick of this like all of us on here are !

2018 - Zoloft for 5 days then CT due to severe nausea , no severe withdrawals and no adverse reaction.

OCT 2020- vitamin D (5000iu) -which I know now is too high dosage and looking back it now I realize it was causing mood issues, which led me to search for ADs.

2021 - Paxil 3 days  (Feb 16,17,18)CT due to severe nausea ( side note day of CT I got my second dose of covid 19 vaccine which could have further destabilized my CNS) then 4 weeks later severe adverse reaction that included every single WD symptom on here.

2021- month out ( April 05, 07)not knowing what was going on went to ER twice and was placed on hydroxyzine and Reglan (anti-nausea) ( which I know now affects serotonin levels also) nothing helped.

Then went to two different psychiatrists one who referred me to GI for the nausea denying Paxil had anything to do with my symptoms, the second one prescribed me Buspirone Klonopin, and Trazadone ( I refused to take neither , thank God) I had feeling it still was the Paxil.

April 30th -CT everything Bc nothing was helping and miraculously found this website SA and saw every symptom I was going through.

Currently no drugs, only fish oil in the evenings. !!! 

Please Altostrata, can you reply on my last information when you're back online. Or Gridley. (Thankyou :) sorry dont want you to hurry)

If it's kindling can this be reversed? On the internet they say different stories wikipedia says permanent. Other site says reversible 

or don't you think its kindling at all

Rosetta

When you see someone say it’s irreversible, that is probably because throwing numerous different drugs at the problem did not help. Precisely, because that is how to kindle someone. The adverse reaction is a nervous system dysfunction that requires kid gloves.  The degree of ignorance on the part of doctors is astounding.  Kindling is not irreversible either.  Non-stop kindling prevents the nervous system from balancing out.  You will heal.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

Dear,

my parents and other family members are in total despair because im very suicidal because i cant cope with my symptoms anymore. Crying all day, panicky about the situation without getting better but worse. The hardest are the feeling of continu freezed/icy for 5 months / feeling that i wear wet clothes all day / cold/prickling patches on my skin and really strange feeling in the calves that i can't barely walk.

my whole family is begging me to take oxazepam because it eases my mind a bit. But i'm scared of taking it. I know it helps but i know from this forum that it can bring you in trouble more when taking it on a regular basis. When i say that to them they say I read to much internet and should quit it. And How can you go deeper than wanting to die?? You better get benzo addicted then die, even when you have to take them your whole life! Everybody takes benzo's! theyre not dangerous at all, you're torturing yourself etc. I say they're ignorant to the risks, but they say i am too anxious and read to much doom stories. And that people who benefit from it you dont read on the internet only bad stuff. 

or to start with amitryptiline because it maybe helps my nerve sensations (dr said). But im scared the hell of all this because i know what im going through.

on the one hand they,re right, im at my lowest point ever, what do I have to loose?

what are your insights to this? thanks

Kiasofia

I'm not a moderator, but I have been in the same situation (and might be again), so I'm curious what others will answer you.

When my withdrawal became unbearable, I wish I had been given oxazepam. Instead I was told to restart my antidepressant, which made me crazy, and then I was treated with ECT. I believe I could have avoided hospitalization and damaging ECT treatment if I'd just been given oxazepam to begin with. I've been told it is the mildest of the benzos and has helped people get through withdrawal - but like all benzos, very important not to take regularly! I'm terrified of pills now and very hesitant to take anything, but if I loose my mind again, I will take oxazepam to avoid being hospitalized again. I wont take more than 15 mg a day and not two days in a row. Since so many people on this forum are trying to get off benzos, using them to help withdrawal isn't an option, but I too wonder how bad an idea it is to use them at all.

I can't tell you what to do and share your concerns! I personally found it helpful to read Joanna Moncrieff's book to understand more about these drugs so thought I'd share that too. She claims benzos are the least dangerous psych meds (though not risk free): https://www.amazon.com/Straight-Talking-Introduction-Psychiatric-Introductions/dp/1906254176

Wishing you all the best!

2002-2005 Citalopram

2005 Escitalopram, Lamictal
2019 April Escitalopram, quit at 10mg
2019 Oct Escitalopram 10mg reinstated, quit after a few days

2019 Oct Lamictal cut from 200mg to 100mg
2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

2020 Aug-Nov Lamictal tapered to 50 mg

2020 Nov 24 Lithium taper started, 30 Jan off Lithium

2021 15. March-31. May Lamictal tapered to 32.5 mg (holding since then)

Kiasofa, thank you,

for your message! I'm also very terrified of pills now and very hesitant to take anything. So I almost wanted to commited suicide instead of taking benzo because of the fear off getting in hell ssri withdrawal + possibly benzo withdrawal combined

but your post came at the perfect moment. I'm going to follow up your thoughts. It's the only thing i can do at the moment and don't have any other options. I know that when i take one it helps me a lot but still didn't took it.

I will take maybe 3 times a week 10mg. It eases my mind and symptoms, and i can see things in perspective again and then when i have a better day on it i can carry on the next bad day without it and maybe will someday come out of this disaster. My whole family is broken because of my situation and they don't get it that i rather wanted to die than take any oxazepam. Cause ive read so much shitstories online.

I'm going to leave the forum for now and i think i don't come back anymore because i read to many different stories that makes my head dizzy of all the info. And i really don't have another choice than trying this or leaving the plant on the age of 30.

Your message maybe is a lifesaver for me thanks for your story. And if i recover in a good way then i come back and let you know.

I wish you all the best in the world!! 

Kiasofia

In case you read one last message: I'm so relieved my post could help you. We have had the same oxazepam experience. I wrote encouraging letters to myself when I was on it, because it took away all suicidality and depression and I could see solutions. I was also able to be with friends and get some good experiences that also helped with the situation. I understand the need to leave the forum. It's not healthy to read too many horror stories, but I hope you check in some time in the future.

Take care!

2002-2005 Citalopram

2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

yes i read this last message ;) good to write encouraging letters to yourself. I do the same every evening to push myself through this. I was crying all day couldn't barely walk all kind of strange symptoms everyday. i took one 10mg 16pm and now my mind is more quiet, the sharp edges are of my physical strange symptoms and I can read a book instead of only thinking and ruminating about my problem and don't have any eye and interest in my world and dear ones. Now I can talk to them instead of cry and moan a little. And i see how the world can be if you feel better, you need this sometimes, that gives me strength to fight further.

I hope this will get me through and that it don't take 3 years like the stories online --> this triggers my anxiety, suicidality and makes me more and more depressed because i identify with all this people. So it's better for me that i leave for a while.

I will handle the benzo's with care :) and i hope to speak you in the future with my experience and that we will both doing well at that time.

I wish you a good evening

Hello Altostrato,

I took fluoxetion for 1.5 months didn't work i get aggitated en depressed. After that 

So dr prescribed paroxetin10mg for 5 months (was okay) then tapered and after 3 months i reinstated. Then i think kindling happenend. (Can kindling happened if i dont have sensitivity to food/light/sound) just for some supplements and skin

Skin Sensitivity (not for light or sound), crawling feeling, cold sensitivity burning sensation, difficulty walking so i tapered down again. Since 31 december 2020 drug free.

Since then i have this extreme disabling symptoms.

Cant handle anymore. Lying in bed, cant eat anymore, depressed suicidal. For 5 months

You wrote in your publised story on:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2045125321991274

About instating 1 mg of fluoxetin. Do you think it's an option for me to try this? To lessen my symptoms and avoid suicide.

Or do you say hell no don't take that 1mg

Kiasofia

I think you need to tag her if she's going to see this @Altostrata but she probably gets extremely many messages...

From what I've read so far switching to fluoxetine is a strategy when you are already on an SSRI and struggling to taper, because fluoxetine stays in the body longer so it can be easier to quit. But many people struggle to quit it all the same. Since you had a bad reaction to fluoxetine previously I'd be surprised if you're advised to try this (but I'm no expert and others will know more). You are struggling with withdrawal from paroxetine so I would think trying 1 mg of that makes more sense, but since you've had a bad reaction to this before...maybe not. Ideally re-instating should happen within weeks of a too quick taper anyway. Your brain's synapses need to calm down so trying SSRIs again at this point seems risky to me.

I've read that Altostrata has used Lamictal/Lamotrigine to calm down the synapses in the brain. (Which is also what  oxazepam does). I'm trying to get off Lamictal, so I will be relying on oxazepam instead if my synapses go crazy from tapering. But it could be an option for you.

Hopefully Altosrata will answer you, but I saw your post and had coincidentally just read her article also!

2002-2005 Citalopram

2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

• Administrator
Altostrata

Please include fluoxetine in your signature.

Since you went off paroxetine, an SSRI, it is possible another SSRI, fluoxetine or citalopram, may help your withdrawal symptoms. We suggest taking a very little bit, such as 0.5mg, to see how this works. Both fluoxetine and citalopram are available in a prescription liquid form so you can take small doses. If it helps a little, 0.5mg might be enough, or you might need to very slowly increase. 

We recommend trying a very little bit to limit adverse reaction, if any. Please note that 0.5mg does not mean 10mg or 20mg.

On 5/22/2021 at 8:41 AM, GVR91 said:

my parents and other family members are in total despair because im very suicidal because i cant cope with my symptoms anymore. Crying all day, panicky about the situation without getting better but worse.

You are in a difficult spot but strongly suggest you stay calm and not dramatize it. Your family is concerned about you but probably not aware you are suffering a temporary adverse drug event.

If you are actually suicidal, you must seek face-to-face help immediately. We're just an Internet support group, we cannot help in emergencies.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Rosetta

Be careful with oxazepam.  It’s half life is 6-25 hours.  This means that you should not take it more than once every 75 hours, in my opinion, if you want to be sure to avoid addiction.  Ten milligrams is probably a lot for someone in withdrawal.  You want to take the tiniest dose that will give you relief, NOT an amount that will make your drowsy or very calm.  Be careful not to take more than your nervous system can handle.  It might be difficult to take less than 5 mg unless you find a way to cut the pill without it crumbling.  I hope it has a score line down the middle of the 10 mg pills.  Then, after that cut, maybe a pill cutter can help you split that half a pill in half.  Please trust me, you do not want to have an adverse reaction or create an addiction.

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

• Administrator
Altostrata
12 hours ago, Rosetta said:

It’s half life is 6-25 hours.  This means that you should not take it more than once every 75 hours

Washout would be 30-125 hours, or up to 5 days. Higher doses probably would be on the higher end.

Rosetta

So, once every 130 hours is somewhat safe when trying to avoid addiction?  Doctors should be required give patients that kind of information when prescribing these drugs.  Quite frankly, some sort of “avoiding addiction” class should be required for doctors and patients, and accurate information should be provided.   That might cut into profits, I suppose, and passing on the cost of addiction to the tax payer is so much more lucrative.

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

@GVR91 your paxil taper has been way too fast (too much *even though seemingly small* changes within 1 month have strongly upset CNS). I would also recommend a small reinstate of an ssri (paxil, fluoxetine, citalopram). In case of paxil which your body and mind had gotten used to, you might try a small updose. These thoughts are definitely WD related. CNS is struggling with serotonine disregulation due too quick taper and changes. First goal would be to find balance again (CNS calm again), then make good plan for tapering. This will take months/years (who cares) but can be performed in a way to minimalise wd symptoms. Paxil tapering should be treated very carefully especially coming down from 10 mg due to hyperbolic way of serotonin processing. Try a small updose but you probably will be needing more since you were recently on 10mg. If in time a certain amount of paxil or another ssri will help to reinstate than loose the pam.

• I'm a 42 years old male
  • I've got a job in business and economics
  • I'm into sports, animals and nature
  • I started using 20 mg Paroxetine (Paxil) in 2004 for stressrelated anxiety
  • I attempted several times to stop using Paroxetine, starting a few years after 2004
  • I found out in 2015 about paxil withdrawal symptoms and the 5-10% taper
  • I started using liquid Seroxat suspension in 2015/2016
  • From 20 mg to 12 mg, I went down 5-10%
  • From 12 mg down I was forced to take smaller steps (0,2 ml/4-6 weeks)

Switch to suspension/fluid

• 09/2018 at 11.2 mg (5,6 ml) of Seroxat suspension
  • 11/2018 Switch back to 5,7 ml (11,4 mg)
  • Started trying the brassmonkey micro-taper method end dec 2018
  • 07/2021 Current dose 5,6 ml (11.2 mg) after >1 year of withdrawal issues (several food sensitivities and conflicts with painkillers, caffein, grapefruit, chocolate etc.)
  • First goal is to reach 5ml (2022)

(Another thing to consider. When put on paxil or another ssri a taper within 6-12 months after starting the drug is not common ("okay i'm feeling better again, lets taper"). It doesnt work like that. This period might have been relatively short. Underlaying problems that have caused anxiety, depression etc have to be solved or processed. Just trying to help give you some insights from my own experience and knowledge over the past years. Good luck 🍀👊

• I attempted several times to stop using Paroxetine, starting a few years after 2004

• 07/2021 Current dose 5,6 ml (11.2 mg) after >1 year of withdrawal issues (several food sensitivities and conflicts with painkillers, caffein, grapefruit, chocolate etc.)

Nog een korte reactie in NL: wat je omschrijft als terugkerende werkstress etc zijn uitgestelde ontwenningsverschijnselen geweest van de (veel) te abrupte eerste afbouwcyclus.

We hanteren gemiddeld 4-6 weken per stap van 5-10% dosisvermindering gevolgd door enkele weken 'pas op de plaats'. Huisartsen zijn hier onvoldoende mee bekend. 

Door alle wijzigingen (te snel afbouwen, opnieuw beginnen, weer snel afbouwen) is je zenuwstelsel en serotonine regulering uit balans geraakt. Hierdoor zijn ingrijpende fysieke en psychische verschijnselen ontstaan.

Je zenuwstelsel heeft een bepaalde dosis nodig omdat je te snel hebt afgebouwd. Deze dosis moet de ergste symptomen iets verzachten, maar zal niet meteen complete stabiliteit terugbrengen. Dit vergt tijd omdat het zenuwstelsel uit balans is geraakt en tijd nodig heeft om te herstellen.

Je mag overwegen een geringe hoeveelheid paroxetine in te nemen om je systeem weer wat van de oorspronkelijke medicatie terug te geven. Denk in termen van 0.5 tot 2.5 mg.

Het zal een periode van weken tot maanden duren om weer volledig in balans te komen, accepteer dit. De symptomen zullen uiteindelijk ook weer verdwijnen. 

Doelstelling is op middellange termijn weer balans te vinden, daarna een goed afbouwschema voor de resterende dosis paroxetine.

Laat je niet leiden door termijnen, belangrijk is om veilig af te bouwen waarbij de ontwenningsverschijnselen geminimaliseerd worden.

@Sebas

Hartelijk dank voor je bericht!

Het was inderdaad geen werkstress maar had extreme spierspanning dus dacht dat het de overspanning weer was.

Ik had niet verwacht dat dit van de medicatie kwam aangezien ik heb aangedrongen voor een taperingstrip bij de huisarts. Deze uiteindelijk besteld via de website voor taperingstrips in NL. Volgens de huisarts was het niet nodig. Ik wilde dit toch uit veiligheid.

Vandaar dat ik dacht ik heb veilig afgebouwd in een maand met microstapjes. 

De reden dat ik de eerste keer stopte na 5 maanden was omdat ik mijn lichaam niet meer goed aanvoelde en dit was wel nodig voor mijn burnout herstel zodat ik kon voelen wanneer ik over mijn grenzen ging.

Toen ik weer begon kreeg ik een zeer nare reactie op het middel dit weet ik ook weer aan de burnout. Tintelingen, extreem koud gevoel, koude rillingen, er ging nog steeds geen lampje branden en heb doorgeslikt tot het na 2 maanden steeds gekker word en ik dacht het komt toch door die paroxetine vandaar de snelle taper in 2 weken aangezien de reactie op het middel steeds heftiger werd (fysieke symptomen, kon haast niet meer lopen door raar gevoel in de kuiten + gevoel alsof het -30 is buiten) heel anders dan de eerste keer slikken.

Ik had dus niet de kans om er lang over te doen als je begrijpt wat ik bedoel en heb deze symptomen nog steeds in andere wisselende mate

Nu vraag ik me dus af of het wel verantwoord is om 'weer' die parox te nemen na deze negatiege reactie hierop... Of is het nu puur vergif voor mijn systeem.. gezien de reactie

Misschien kan ik beter fluoxetine doen ook al ging ik hier niet prettig op en deed het niks voor werd er somber van en suicidale gedachts (10mg 6 weken geprobeerd voordat ik met de paroxetine startte)

Citalopram ben ik een beetje bang voor aangezien bijna alle verhalen met een directe slechte reactie na  1 enkele pil, op dit forum over citalopram gaan volgens mij. Maar goed dat is dus angst. ;)

Dokter schreef Amitriptyline voor voor de zenuwsensaties aangezien dit middel helpt tegen zenuwpijn maar dit heb ik geweigerd lijkt me niet verstandig een SNRI te proberen..

Ik moet hier bij vermelden dat toen ik het de 2e keer opstarte de eerste 2.5mg goed ging pas bij verhogen naar 5, 7.5 en 10mg werd het ernstig.

Aan de ene kant denk ik ik heb geen keuze anders dan deze hel uitzitten **** happens, ik ben al 'zo ver' gekomen met doorbijten. Maar ik ben bang dat ik me dan van kant maak aangezien ik alles aan het kwijtraken ben en inmiddels weer bij mijn ouders woon, (bijna) vrouw kwijt (bijna) huis kwijt, mn baan ben ik kwijt, terwijl ik 30 ben en alles goed voor elkaar had. Ouders ten einde raad etc. Dit kan niet nog 2 jaar zo doorgaan eigenlijk want dat is niet draaglijk (ook al zie ik het wel mensen doen op dit forum) ik zeg 'bijna' kwijt aangezien mijn vrouw het niet meer trekt en het zou snel beter moeten gaan anders is ze weg incl. Huis.

ben alleen bang om te herstarten. Het lijkt russisch roulette..

Ik vraag me af wat de kans van slagen is van herstart na 5 maanden gestopt te zijn met een ssri maar dit weet niemand ben ik bang.

En hoe kom je aan 0.5mg dosis? Suspensie is ook 2.5mg per druppel voor zover ik weet.

Mijn ergste symptoom is de extreem overgevoelige huid waardoor het lijkt of ik altijd natte kleding draag. Ondraaglijk. + Geen enkele positieve emoties meer + flinke pijnen + suicidaal. De dagen bestaan alleen uit doorbijten.

Ben benieuwd of een micro dosis hierbij helpt of het ook kan verergeren 'kindling?'. Aan de ene kant denk ik het kan niet erger als nu dus probeer het...

Aan de andere kant zijn er ook veel mensen met tinnitus, kotsen en weet ik het wat allemaal tijden WD, als ik dat erbij krijg ga ik over het randje denk ik..

Zou mooi zijn als er een POLL op de website stond of herstart baat heeft gehad ja/nee zodat je de procentuele kans van slagen zou zien.

Nog 1 keer in het kort:

* Feb 2020 start Parox. Opgebouwd tot 10 mg (alleen enige spierstijfheid als bijwerking 5 maanden lang)

* Juni-Juli afbouw in 30 dagen elke dag 0.3mg eraf (taperingstrip)

* Aug Sept vreemde symptomen (deze wijtte ik aan overspanning/burnout maar dit was dus ontwenning

* Okt herstart parox voor de spanning --> eerste 2.5mg verdwenen de vreemde symptomen dus dat was mooi --> vervoogd naar oude dosis en de ellende begon

* Dec snel afgebouwd ivm dat de fysieke symptomen te intens werden --> sindsdien blijven deze symptomen voortduren

Nogmaals hartelijk dank voor je reactie en ik hoop dat je me een beetje op weg wilt helpen ook al heb je geen 100% zekerheid. Maar voel me erg alleen op het moment aangezien ik geisoleerd raak en doktoren het niet snappen.

Thanks @Sebas!

Wat het vooral lastig maakt is dat heel mijn omgeving twijfelt aan mijn 'situatie' en ze vinden dat ik teveel internet lees. 

Niemand begrijpt het verder helaas.

Ik word inderdaad niet blij van de internetverhalen maar niemand kan blijkbaar helpen verder 

Dus dank nogmaals

2 hours ago, GVR91 said:

Ik had niet verwacht dat dit van de medicatie kwam aangezien ik heb aangedrongen voor een taperingstrip bij de huisarts. Deze uiteindelijk besteld via de website voor taperingstrips in NL. Volgens de huisarts was het niet nodig. Ik wilde dit toch uit veiligheid.

Vandaar dat ik dacht ik heb veilig afgebouwd in een maand met microstapjes. 

Dus bij de Regenboog Apotheek gingen ze ervan uit dat je dit in 1 maand tijd op deze wijze ging doen?? Ik zou eerlijk gezegd (als je uit deze crisis bent) een klacht indienen bij zowel huisarts als deze apotheek. Want in 1 maand tijd 10 mg afbouwen is compleet ridicuul.

2 hours ago, GVR91 said:

De reden dat ik de eerste keer stopte na 5 maanden was omdat ik mijn lichaam niet meer goed aanvoelde en dit was wel nodig voor mijn burnout herstel zodat ik kon voelen wanneer ik over mijn grenzen ging.

Een volledig burnout herstel duurt normaal zeker 1-2 jaar als je ook coaching ondergaat om je eigen valkuilen te leren kennen. Denk aan groot verantwoordelijkheidsgevoel, moeite met nee zeggen, taken beter afbakenen, minder ambities/prestatiegericht zijn etc.  Ik begrijp je redenering, maar achteraf gezien was dat te snel.

2 hours ago, GVR91 said:

Toen ik weer begon kreeg ik een zeer nare reactie op het middel dit weet ik ook weer aan de burnout. Tintelingen, extreem koud gevoel, koude rillingen, er ging nog steeds geen lampje branden en heb doorgeslikt tot het na 2 maanden steeds gekker word en ik dacht het komt toch door die paroxetine vandaar de snelle taper in 2 weken aangezien de reactie op het middel steeds heftiger werd (fysieke symptomen, kon haast niet meer lopen door raar gevoel in de kuiten + gevoel alsof het -30 is buiten) heel anders dan de eerste keer slikken.

Ik had dus niet de kans om er lang over te doen als je begrijpt wat ik bedoel en heb deze symptomen nog steeds in andere wisselende mate

Nu vraag ik me dus af of het wel verantwoord is om 'weer' die parox te nemen na deze negatiege reactie hierop... Of is het nu puur vergif voor mijn systeem.. gezien de reactie

Die reactie kwam hoogstwaarschijnlijk door de schommelingen van het medicijn in je bloed, eerst 10 mg, toen snel afbouwen, toen weer opbouwen, in feite was dit een combinatie van afbouwverschijnselen (hevige) met opbouwverschijnselen door elkaar heen. Je zou ook kunnen zeggen dat je toen na 5 maanden teveel hebt geherintroduceerd. Je lichaam was intussen een langere periode aan minder gewend geraakt. Vandaar de suggestie voor een lage herintroductie van 1 - 2.5 mg. Suspensie kun je op de 0.1 ml (=0.2 mg) nauwkeurig afmeten middels (een) doseerspuitje(s). Vergif is het zeker, maar het middels moet juist daarom zeer verantwoord worden afgebouwd.

2 hours ago, GVR91 said:

Misschien kan ik beter fluoxetine doen ook al ging ik hier niet prettig op en deed het niks voor werd er somber van en suicidale gedachts (10mg 6 weken geprobeerd voordat ik met de paroxetine startte)

Citalopram ben ik een beetje bang voor aangezien bijna alle verhalen met een directe slechte reactie na  1 enkele pil, op dit forum over citalopram gaan volgens mij. Maar goed dat is dus angst. ;)

Dokter schreef Amitriptyline voor voor de zenuwsensaties aangezien dit middel helpt tegen zenuwpijn maar dit heb ik geweigerd lijkt me niet verstandig een SNRI te proberen..

Die zenuwpijn is een ontwenningsverschijnsel van de paroxetine, net als alle andere klachten.

De keuze is aan jou wat je kiest, alle 3 zijn er in suspensie. Citalopram en paroxetine hebben een relatief korte halfwaardetijd, die van fluoxetine is langer maar het middel is sterker in zijn werking. Ook had je daar minder positieve ervaringen mee. Logischerwijs zou ik datgene "reinstaten" waar je lichaam aan gewend was ook al is dit het minst gunstige middel. Hoe minder veranderingen, hoe beter zou je kunnen redeneren.

3 hours ago, GVR91 said:

Aan de ene kant denk ik ik heb geen keuze anders dan deze hel uitzitten **** happens, ik ben al 'zo ver' gekomen met doorbijten. Maar ik ben bang dat ik me dan van kant maak aangezien ik alles aan het kwijtraken ben en inmiddels weer bij mijn ouders woon, (bijna) vrouw kwijt (bijna) huis kwijt, mn baan ben ik kwijt, terwijl ik 30 ben en alles goed voor elkaar had. Ouders ten einde raad etc. Dit kan niet nog 2 jaar zo doorgaan eigenlijk want dat is niet draaglijk (ook al zie ik het wel mensen doen op dit forum) ik zeg 'bijna' kwijt aangezien mijn vrouw het niet meer trekt en het zou snel beter moeten gaan anders is ze weg incl. Huis.

Als je je fysieke en psychologische balans hervindt, dan komt de rest vanzelf weer. Van mensen in je omgeving (familie, geliefden) wordt een bepaald begrip gevraagd voor deze situatie waar jij ook niet om gevraagd hebt. Met betere begeleiding en voorlichting had dit voorkomen kunnen worden, al zullen er bij het afbouwen van ssri's altijd uitdagingen op je pad komen in de vorm van ontwenningsverschijnselen. Hierop kun je ook je leefstijl iets aanpassen. Maar nu ben je de controle volledig kwijtgeraakt en kom je in een soort crisis terecht. Denk in termen van doorzetten, middellange termijn doelen, stapje voor stapje, besef dat angsten tijdelijke verschijnselen zijn etc.

3 hours ago, GVR91 said:

Ik vraag me af wat de kans van slagen is van herstart na 5 maanden gestopt te zijn met een ssri maar dit weet niemand ben ik bang.

Je hebt ook de keuze om dit uit te zingen, maar dat is aan jou. Je moet het zien als een verzachtende maatregel althans dat is wat je beoogt. Door de lage dosering zal het toedieningseffect minder heftig zijn als bij de 10mg.

3 hours ago, GVR91 said:

Ben benieuwd of een micro dosis hierbij helpt of het ook kan verergeren 'kindling?'. Aan de ene kant denk ik het kan niet erger als nu dus probeer het...

Aan de andere kant zijn er ook veel mensen met tinnitus, kotsen en weet ik het wat allemaal tijden WD, als ik dat erbij krijg ga ik over het randje denk ik..

Zou mooi zijn als er een POLL op de website stond of herstart baat heeft gehad ja/nee zodat je de procentuele kans van slagen zou zien.

Van kindling weet ik weinig af, maar de kans op dergelijke effecten evenals het serotonine syndroom beperk je door slechts een geringe dosering toe te voegen. Ik heb zelf wel de ervaring dat een kleine updose soms behulpzaam kan zijn. Lees niet teveel over anderen, ga uit van je eigen gevoel, evalueer en stel daar waar nodig voorzichtig bij (geen radicale stappen)

3 hours ago, GVR91 said:

* Okt herstart parox voor de spanning --> eerste 2.5mg verdwenen de vreemde symptomen dus dat was mooi --> vervoogd naar oude dosis en de ellende begon

Dat bedoelde ik dus. Achteraf gezien had je wellicht met 2.5 mg voldoende gehad en had je (maar dat kon jij niet weten) toen beter enkele maanden niks kunnen veranderen. Een reinstate of updose is meestal een fractie van de oorspronkelijke dosis omdat je lichaam intussen 'gewend is geraakt' aan een lagere dosis. Intussen zijn we weer enkele maanden verder dus vandaar de suggestie om eens met 1 mg te beginnen. Mocht dit te weinig zijn kun je bijv. na enkele weken nog iets verhogen. Je hebt dus eerder ervaren dat een herstart wel effect had.

1 hour ago, GVR91 said:

Wat het vooral lastig maakt is dat heel mijn omgeving twijfelt aan mijn 'situatie' en ze vinden dat ik teveel internet lees. 

Niemand begrijpt het verder helaas.

Dan zeg je dat je bent aangemeld op een forum dat speciaal bedoeld is voor hulp en advies van ervaringsdeskundigen (of heeft je huisarts ook al eens paroxetine afgebouwd denk je ;)

Voor de rest idd niet teveel verhalen lezen als je ontwenningsverschijnselen hebt, want dat geeft alleen meer stress.

Nog enkele algemene tips:

--> Wees voorlopig terughoudend met: alcohol, caffeïne, theïne, red bull, taurine, chocola, sterk suikerhoudende produkten, multivitamines.

--> Beperk je dagelijkse bezigheden tot lichte activiteiten zoals (met de hond) wandelen, tuinieren, t.v. kijken, een middagdutje doen, in de zon zitten. Geef je lichaam de kans en tijd om te herstellen.

--> Leer jezelf af om te denken in termen van 'over het randje gaan'. Focus op herstel, dagritme en de juiste keuzes maken.

--> Ontwenningsverschijnselen, hoe irritant en ingrijpend ook, leg er niet teveel nadruk op. Ja, ze zijn er inderdaad en ze zijn zwaar klote. Er veel over piekeren is alleen negatieve energie.

Kiasofia

I'm glad to see you got some answers from moderators and others, and that you've read them! I feel I should add that my reinstatement disaster was due to terrible advice from a psychiatrist. (Reinstate at the dose I cold turkey quit 6 months previously at 10 mg of a very strong SSRI- Escitalopram/Cipralex) A reinstatement at 0.5 mg of a half as strong SSRI (such as Citalopram/Cipramil) would hopefully have gone better.

About family not understanding...I think this webpage has good information (I found it through this forum) http://cepuk.org/.

And if they wont read the internet then perhaps order Whitaker's book for them: https://www.amazon.com/Anatomy-Epidemic-Bullets-Psychiatric-Astonishing-ebook/dp/B0036S4EGE

Warm wishes!

2002-2005 Citalopram

2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

On 5/30/2021 at 5:55 PM, Kiasofia said:

I feel I should add that my reinstatement disaster was due to terrible advice from a psychiatrist. (Reinstate at the dose I cold turkey quit 6 months previously at 10 mg of a very strong SSRI- Escitalopram/Cipralex) A reinstatement at 0.5 mg of a half as strong SSRI (such as Citalopram/Cipramil) would hopefully have gone better.

Heyy @Kiasofia thanks! Same problem here, I re-instated the same dose 10mg after 2 months drug free, after that the horror started! I quitted again after 2 months, now 5 months drug free but still crazy symptoms, i'm very sensitized (my skin from toe to shoulders), crawling feeling. And heavy joint/muscle aches.

Now i'm consider to re-instate the right way, micro dose. But i don't dare yet.. I don't know if it helps or that i become more sensitized.. it's a gamble i think. doubts doubts doubts ;) you didn't re-instate in the right way after the disaster re-instate of 10mg?

Thanks for your information about informing family !

On 5/30/2021 at 5:00 PM, Sebas said:

Een volledig burnout herstel duurt normaal zeker 1-2 jaar als je ook coaching ondergaat om je eigen valkuilen te leren kennen. Denk aan groot verantwoordelijkheidsgevoel, moeite met nee zeggen, taken beter afbakenen, minder ambities/prestatiegericht zijn etc.  Ik begrijp je redenering, maar achteraf gezien was dat te snel.

klopt inderdaad. Ben nu 2 jaar verder de burn-out is redelijk over. Heb ook burn-out coaching gehad 16 sessies. Hier zeer veel aan gehad, deze heb ik alleen helaas halverwege moeten staken in verband met de lichamelijke symptomen waardoor ik niet goed functioneer en soms niet weet waar ik het zoeken moet. (gevoel alsof er 100.000 mieren onder mn huid kruipen, hypersensitieve huid, niet tegen kou kunnen, regelmatig moeite met lopen ivm complete verzuring enz) Dus dat is jammer. Had het traject liever eerder gedaan dan had ik die medicijnen niet hoeven nemen.

Maar goed de burn-out is nu zo goed als over en heb handvaten hoe ik in de toekomst dingen anders aanpak en ik geloof zeker dat ik er positief door verandert ben. Nu ben ik alleen bij probleem 2 aanbeland. 

Die zenuwpijn is een ontwenningsverschijnsel van de paroxetine, net als alle andere klachten.

De keuze is aan jou wat je kiest, alle 3 zijn er in suspensie. Citalopram en paroxetine hebben een relatief korte halfwaardetijd, die van fluoxetine is langer maar het middel is sterker in zijn werking. Ook had je daar minder positieve ervaringen mee. Logischerwijs zou ik datgene "reinstaten" waar je lichaam aan gewend was ook al is dit het minst gunstige middel. Hoe minder veranderingen, hoe beter zou je kunnen redeneren.

Oke mocht ik gaan re-instaten dan ga ik voor de paroxetine lijkt me inderdaad het handigst.

Ik twijfel alleen nog. Mocht ik een 'normale' ontwenning hebben na bijvoorbeeld cold turkey stoppen had ik dit zeker gedaan.

Alleen mijn systeem lijkt hypersensitief geraakt door de vorige herstart, dit brengt mij de twijfels. Misschien is mijn systeem nu wel oversensitief geraakt en word het nog erger na de herstart ook al is het maar 1 mg. (kindling, heb er ook niet veel verstand van maar wel hier en daar gelezen dat je dan hypersensitief raakt)

Maar misschien heb ik het ook mis.. en helpt het wel. Lastig.

Ook heb ik gister een halve dag zonder veel problemen gehad (window?)

en vandaag ook een halve dag, ik voel nog steeds duidelijk dat er iets niet in de haak is maar ik kan dan normaal functioneren en zelfs even gelachen voor het eerst in 2 jaar. Helaas zit ik nu weer met pijn in mijn armen en benen. Maar goed het is leefbaar voor nu. De vorige 10 dagen waren in ieder geval extreem slecht. Ik weet niet of dit nu echt een teken is dat het beter zal gaan in de toekomst omdat het allemaal zo grillig verloopt.

Maar ik hou de herstart zeker in mijn hoofd.

Voor de rest idd niet teveel verhalen lezen als je ontwenningsverschijnselen hebt, want dat geeft alleen meer stress.

Daar heb je inderdaad gelijk in. ik heb me voorgenomen alleen mijn eigen thread nog te lezen. Die horror stories word ik inderdaad gestresst en somber van.

Bedankt voor je tips! de meeste volg ik al een tijdje op op die manier

Alleen deze kan beter, alleen erg lastig met die hypersensitiviteit, heb geen focus meer op andere dingen:

--> Ontwenningsverschijnselen, hoe irritant en ingrijpend ook, leg er niet teveel nadruk op. Ja, ze zijn er inderdaad en ze zijn zwaar klote. Er veel over piekeren is alleen negatieve energie. 

Geen idee hoe lang dit kan gaan duren.. Ik lees alleen maar verhalen van 2 / 3 jaar op deze site dat maakt me soms wel somber. Maar goed ik moet ook beseffen dat iedereen en ieders situatie anders is.

Ik ga nog even dubben over de herstart.