Rwg4169: crosstitatrated to tapering

Rwg4169

Hi everyone so I was recently kinda of fast removed from abilify due to restlessness switched to seroquel is it safe. To taper like a step down or should I wait awhile and then taper honestly wish I didn't start a second one

Edited by Gridley

March 22 Risperdal 2mg twice daily CT April 5 pyschosis rebound abilify 20mg titration up april 6-15 an april 18 back 15 to 10 to 5 to 0 down in 3 weeks switched to seroquel 100mgsince may20

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Rwg4168.

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

How fast was the switchover from Abilify to Seroquel? How long have you been on Seroquel?   One psychiatric drug does not necessarily cover for another, and you may be experiencing withdrawal.  This link gives you some information about psychiatric drug withdrawal.

When and how fast was the switchover?  How are you feeling since the switch?  Do you have symptoms you didn't have when you were on the Abilify?  Do you feel better on the Seroquel or did you feel better on the Abilify?  

Once you've answered these questions we'll be in a better position to help you regarding tapering Seroquel.  In general, we recommend tapering by no more than 10% of your current dose every four weeks.

This link is specifically about tapering Seroquel.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems. Get supplements that are single ingredient (not mixed with other types of supplements).

This is your Introduction topic, where you can complete your drug signature, answer my questions, ask your own questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Gridley changed the title to Rwg4169: crosstitatrated to tapering

Yes I feel much more concentrated an I was having the restlessness an stomach discomfort on the abilify which has subsided since I removed it but its still hard to do stuff I have times where I'm real sensitive to things an my body feels heavy an tired alot its hard to use my body right now but idk if thats from the withdrawl or the sedation from the seroquel

March 22 Risperdal 2mg twice daily CT April 5 pyschosis rebound abilify 20mg titration up april 6-15 an april 18 back 15 to 10 to 5 to 0 down in 3 weeks switched to seroquel 100mgsince may20

They cut me off the abilify in two weeks I was only on it for three weeks prior ... they're just in case paranoia came back was to put me on the seroquel  I've only been on that a week ana days sorry I don't have exact dates in my mind im pretty fried from all this

• Moderator Emeritus
20 minutes ago, Rwg4169 said:

They cut me off the abilify in two weeks I was only on it for three weeks prior ... they're just in case paranoia came back was to put me on the seroquel  I've only been on that a week ana days sorry I don't have exact dates in my mind im pretty fried from all this

Could you add dates (approximate is fine) to your signature you were taking the Risperdal, the date you CT'd the Risperdal, the dates you went on then off the Abilify, and the date you started the Seroquel.  That will help us advise you with tapering the Seroquel.  

Here's the link to add these dates to your signature:

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Did my best those are approximately I was in the hospital an going through pyschosis dates kinda slip my mind just got off abilify week an two days ago