SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

The foundation of healing mental ills and of becoming a mature human adult

GiaK

I've put together a long post that is a compilation of one of my main practices that I might heal. Below are the opening paragraphs...for the bulk of the post go here: http://beyondmeds.com/2012/06/24/foundation/

The foundation of healing mental ills and of becoming a mature human adult

At the end of this post there is a note for mental health professionals in particular. If you are a psychiatrist, psychologist, social worker, etc. please scroll down and read.

I was talking about the practice of accepting that which is in a withdrawal group and it was requested that I put together a list of posts that speak to how to go about doing this. So I’ve done that below. I’ve collected posts that speak to embracing the full spectrum of our emotional inheritance as human beings. I’ve found that without acknowledging and integrating the darkest part of our psyches we cannot heal. We also cannot become fully mature adult human beings. One need not be labeled “mentally ill” or be sick for this to be an important part of our life’s work.

So below are some posts that deal with the PRACTICE of embracing everything and also about reframing ones experience…sometimes we think something is bad but upon reconsideration and reframing we find that it’s actually good or at the very least instructive…our original perception is a result of conditioning which we can ultimately shed…and must shed in order to individuate and grow up.

The below is not an exhaustive list. I would say that at this point the underlying main theme of this blog is about the benefits of this deep acceptance of our nature as human beings on this planet in this universe.

This is a long post because it’s compiled so that it might be a resource and so that people might pick and choose those pieces that resonate. It will be included in the drop-down navigation system at the top of the blog so that people might revisit it. It will be under the “Recovery” section and also the “Healing Arts” section for future reference.

READ THE EXCERPTS and more commentary here

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy