PristiqMystique Age 22 / Male/ Off everything for ≈2 years / Began “treatment” at age 10

• 2 weeks later...
manymoretodays

Hi PristiqueMystique,

And oh my, thank you for coming round to share your success to date. 

Congrats and hugs.  You are healing for sure!  And what a story.  💜

Apologies for the delay in getting you approved and posted.  Staff has been busy, and new posters abundant.

So it looks like about 1 year and a couple of months off all your psychoactive drugs.

Lot's of questions, sure.  How did you approach your tapering and then symptoms of WD(withdrawal)?  What did you taper first and how?

What kind of symptoms occurred along the way?  Might be helpful to note dates and if resolved now?

Also helpful, and especially if you come around some more to share, and support others........would be to have you do a signature.  I'll give you the link that instructs how to do that.   Brief is good, and just the dates, drugs, doses, in the signature.  You'll see mine below this post.  Probably easiest to do from a PC.

How to List Drug History in Signature

And welcome aboard.  Great to have you.

Love, peace, healing, and continued growth,

moderator manymoretodays or mmt

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016. 

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

• Mentor
Cocopuffz17

Amazing to read. I am glad you are getting such improvements in your health getting off all the different meds. Well done :) 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

PristiqMystique

Hey guys,

to elaborate a little more, my psychiatrist did wean me off the fluoxetine and Abilify over 10-12 weeks each, respectively. The Pristiq was next on the agenda, however, the pandemic began and I could only meet with him over Zoom. I decided to take matters into my own hands and stop the Pristiq cold Turkey, under the assumption that I would have to deal with withdrawal regardless and that I would get it out of the way. 

My withdrawal symptoms included (past tense) mood swings (crazy ups and downs), intense periods of anxiety, crying and hyperventilating at the drop of a hat, pain from bright lights, random decreases and increases in appetite, and an excessive amount of energy.

My withdrawal symptoms include (still going) insomnia (not terrible, I sleep 6-7 hours per night and on a good night I sleep 8 hours. However, I suffered from hypersomnia due to my medications so this is a lot different), misophonia (loud noises seem to make my heart pound and in a crowded room, it feels like the noises are surrounding me), increased health anxiety (which isn’t helped by the insomnia since I feel that it isn’t exactly healthy), and I’m full of nervous energy a good portion of the time.

My concentration is great, motivation is great, energy levels are really good, appetite is normal, cognitive abilities are great, health is great, and I finally have self confidence. The medications seemed to curb my general anxiety but honestly, I think going off them cured me of my social anxiety and any form of depression. 

I’m happy to answer any more questions,

Connor 

Started on Psychoactive Medications at the age of 10, in 2009.Discontinued medications at age 20 (last official day taking anything was March 12th, 2020).Past medications: from 2015->2020. Adderall XR - 40 mg. Adderrall 2x throughout day - 20 mg (40 total). Abilify - 20 mg. Pristiq - 100 mg. Fluoxetine - 25 mg. L-Methyl Folate Supplement (Deplin) - 15 mg

6’ 285->180 pounds. August ‘19->Current
Runner (Daily 30->60+ minute Run for Mental Health bennies)

Working on B.S. in Chemistry with  Minor in Biology (intended graduation in Spring ‘23)

Recreational Lifter (3-4x/ week. Mostly Pull-ups, OHP, and Bench.)

Percussionist (mainly kit, various bands, school bands, Jazz Band, Church productions, etc.) since age 6 

Mutfael

Your story is inspiring and bold at the same time.. I want to ask you how you managed to stop all the medicines at once. Is there no danger?

Sorry, I'm not good at English and I'm using Google Translate
 Diagnosis: panic, fear and anxiety
 2005-2006: Medicines Flop
 2006-2019 Seroxat 20 mg
 2020-2021 Cipralex 15 mg
 Since March 2021 it's been going down from 15mg to 12.5mg

In August 2021 I reached 9 mg and increased anxiety, depression and lethargy

On September 12, 2021, it was reduced to 8 mg

• Altostrata changed the title to PristiqMystique Age 22 / Male/ Off everything for ≈2 years / Began “treatment” at age 10
  • Mentor
Greatful

@PristiqMystiqueCongratulations. Thanks for letting us see it can be done.  Your experience has eased some of the worry that WD will take years, and it still can, but you have reminded me that we are all different and our recoveries will very,  some people do have shorter recoveries.

Thank you 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

2000 Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin  ended back on Prozac and Lamictal

5/2020  through 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 12.5mg 12/13  25mg.   12/24  37.5mg  12/28  50mg.  Bad side  stop

1/5/2021 up lamictal from 200mg to 300 to 400mg and back down to 200mg

1/22/2021  Seroquel 50mg for sleep  Became paranoid. nausea headaches 1/29  stopped      1/29/2021 Trazadone 50mg      4/25  25mg

2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/16 ct

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr   3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects Stop   

4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg   5/16  5mg

5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   Magnesium glycinate 200mg. Omega 3 , Melatonin L Theanine 

2021/01/09 Lexapro 4.90mg