SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Foxclover6: Cold turkey Lexparo 10 mg

Foxclover6

Going to start tomorrow, wish this weird nerve pain would go away. Can't figure out what triggered the issue but it's terrifying.  Also have a sore throat now,  so here comes covid. =[

- 10 mg lexparo 1.5 years

- ativan for panic 0.5 , never more than once daily and not everyday for 4 years.

-cold turkeyed in June 5 of 2021.

Buspar a few days and had severe muscle pain. July 26, 27, then 30 of 2021.

Going to start tomorrow, wish this weird nerve pain would go away. Can't figure out what triggered the issue but it's terrifying.  Also have a sore throat now,  so here comes covid. =[

- ativan for panic 0.5 , never more than once daily and not everyday for 4 years.

Has anyone on here had any luck reinstating after 3 months ? 

I tested positive for epstein barr , didn't have mono symptoms, just that pain that localized to the arms and the legs. It's weird though because, she didn't test me for the active but the other 1 that most of us have. So I have to get retested. The pain I have isn't parathesia, it's pain between and in my fingers and my toes, legs and arms,  its slowly gotten less over a month, initially it was very painful.  2 doctors seem to think it's absolutely caused by a virus.  I'm so stressed you all. I keep hoping it's the ssri that caused the pain ya know ? May e triggered it ? Maybe it'll resolve. Pretty sad. 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 9/2/2021 at 12:44 PM, Foxclover6 said:

I tested positive for epstein barr

I'm sorry to hear that.  I"m not familiar with this.  Is that what is causing the pain in your arms and legs?  I'm glad to hear it has lessened over the past month.  From doing a quick google search, it looks like EBV resolves in a few weeks to a couple of months, so that is good.  I can understand you being stressed, with having to deal with EBV and WD.  

Are you still thinking about reinstating?  What symptoms are you having besides the pain in your fingers, toes, arms and legs?  How is your sleep.  Have you seen improvement in your WD symptoms over the past 3 months since you stopped Lexapro on June 10? 

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

1 hour ago, getofflex said:

I'm sorry to hear that.  I"m not familiar with this.  Is that what is causing the pain in your arms and legs?  I'm glad to hear it has lessened over the past month.  From doing a quick google search, it looks like EBV resolves in a few weeks to a couple of months, so that is good.  I can understand you being stressed, with having to deal with EBV and WD.  

Are you still thinking about reinstating?  What symptoms are you having besides the pain in your fingers, toes, arms and legs?  How is your sleep.  Have you seen improvement in your WD symptoms over the past 3 months since you stopped Lexapro on June 10? 

Yes I have seen improvements, why does the doctor seem to think that stopping the ssri couldn't contribute to developing this pain? Even if it was the virus reactivation itself , it definitely seems like stopping the ssri could trigger it because of the stress you are under when you are withdrawing.  They act like you just walk away after 1 month, unscathed. I still think there's a connection here, most people carry epstein barr , even those not noticeably infected with mono have been, I've never had mono to my knowledge,  but the epstein barr tested positive,  she still had to test to see if it'd active currently. I did the blood work today.  Never had any mono symptoms,  just severe pain and the tingles, quite like shingles and parsthesia, I just really believe this can still be related to withdrawl.  I haven't reinstated yet. Thanks for the compassion. I appreciate it very much. 

The pain has been very irritating, she assumed when I told her what I was experiencing that it was from a virus, because apparently viruses cause this reaction.  Did not know that.  It started out a very strong aching allover then localized.  Who knows though, who knows.  I just hope it goes away soon. =/ 

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, Foxclover6 said:

Yes I have seen improvements

I'm very glad to hear this!  

2 minutes ago, Foxclover6 said:

why does the doctor seem to think that stopping the ssri couldn't contribute to developing this pain?

Yes, it is maddening, how these doctors deny withdrawal, and sweep it under the rug!  Unfortunately, the health care system is pretty corrupt, and drug makers make huge profits off these drugs.  They have brain washed the doctors into believing that the drugs are safe and effective, and that withdrawal from them is no big deal.  If you have the time and inclination, try reading the book by Robert Whittaker "Anatomy of an Epidemic".  It's a real eye opener into how corrupt this system really is.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

morning blab, in the morning i feel the worst,, typical I know.  My fear is intense, and heavy, the pain I've been experiencing seems to be at its worst, anytime I'm in a stressful state it gets worse. Usually when I'm resting or exercising, it feels like nothing is wrong at all.  I also get warm flushing feelings in my face, not the over all face but parts of the face. All my thyroid tests were normal. 

In these fearful states I also feel like the guilt of all my wrong or bad decisions weigh on me heavily, and I do think im sick, like I'll never get better and the end is coming. 

It's been 3 months, just wondering, is this still maybe me without lexparo? As opposed to me in my healed state after lexparo ? 

Anyone's thoughts or shares are appreciated,  feel really lonely

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Foxclover6 said:

It's been 3 months, just wondering, is this still maybe me without lexparo? As opposed to me in my healed state after lexparo ? 

Anyone's thoughts or shares are appreciated,  feel really lonely

Yes, this psych med WD is a lonely road we travel, even if we have loved ones, because no one can understand this unless they've been through it themselves.  WD from psych meds is about as bizarre and illogical as it can get.  

I truly don't believe after only 3 months, this is you without the Lexapro.  Lexapro is a very powerful SSRI drug, and frankly, it takes many months, and sometimes, years, to fully recover from.  I believe 100% that you are going to continue to recover.  I've been tapering Lexapro for over 4 years.  I started my taper in August 2017, and did several fast tapers and reinstatements, until I found SA.  I still continue to get better and better.  It's just an extremely slow, nonlinear process, because our nervous systems are so complex, and intricately intertwined with every other system in our bodies.  Have a look at this, it will explain very thoroughly how long you can expect WD to take: 

How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take

6 hours ago, getofflex said:

Yes, this psych med WD is a lonely road we travel, even if we have loved ones, because no one can understand this unless they've been through it themselves.  WD from psych meds is about as bizarre and illogical as it can get.  

I truly don't believe after only 3 months, this is you without the Lexapro.  Lexapro is a very powerful SSRI drug, and frankly, it takes many months, and sometimes, years, to fully recover from.  I believe 100% that you are going to continue to recover.  I've been tapering Lexapro for over 4 years.  I started my taper in August 2017, and did several fast tapers and reinstatements, until I found SA.  I still continue to get better and better.  It's just an extremely slow, nonlinear process, because our nervous systems are so complex, and intricately intertwined with every other system in our bodies.  Have a look at this, it will explain very thoroughly how long you can expect WD to take: 

I know its wrong in a way, to ask you this, but I am having like, raynauds symptoms, wrinkled fingertips and pain. I did not realizethe tips until today, when u was staring directly at my hands trying to understand what the heck is going on.  They're slightly red and wrinkled, do you think its possible that having having cns out of whack could cause this sort of thing to happen even if you don't have a chronic condition such as raynauds? I'm seeing a doctor no matter what is said so it won't change anything as far as if I will take advice and then go and not be ok.  Just wondering your opinion. 

7 hours ago, getofflex said:

I read it, it is reassuring. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm not familiar with Raynaud's syndrome, and how it is connected to WD.  Try doing this google search 
"survivingantidepressants.org Raynaud" and "survivingantidepressants.org Raynaud's"

Is it normal to feel like you're dying ? I wake up and I just feel like im not a person, like that impending doom is there. Is this a normal "nuero emotion"

On 9/5/2021 at 10:42 AM, getofflex said:

I'm not familiar with Raynaud's syndrome, and how it is connected to WD.  Try doing this google search 
"survivingantidepressants.org Raynaud" and "survivingantidepressants.org Raynaud's"

I saw some, I think just about anything is possible stopping ssris, seems like.

Anytime I do anything, like normal daily things, anything that is mentally stimulating, I end up have body aches and feel exhaustion.  It's hard to believe after 3 months , this is from ssri withdrawl, but I dont know what else it could be.  I do believe that buspar exacerbated soemthing, it wasn't as bad before that. 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 9/10/2021 at 7:06 AM, Foxclover6 said:

Is it normal to feel like you're dying ? I wake up and I just feel like im not a person, like that impending doom is there. Is this a normal "nuero emotion"

Yes unfortunately this is all too common in withdrawal. It’s a Neuro emotion.

On 9/10/2021 at 9:10 AM, Foxclover6 said:

Anytime I do anything, like normal daily things, anything that is mentally stimulating, I end up have body aches and feel exhaustion.  It's hard to believe after 3 months , this is from ssri withdrawl, but I dont know what else it could be.  I do believe that buspar exacerbated soemthing, it wasn't as bad before that. 

Yes that too is normal. Sometimes people can take years to recover after coming off of SSRIs so you being off of them for three months isn’t as long as it may seem to you.  I’ve been getting off of these for four years and I’m in a wave right now myself.  But I was on these drugs for almost 20 years so I don’t think it’ll take nearly that long for you.

Edited by getofflex

On 9/11/2021 at 6:14 PM, getofflex said:

Yes unfortunately this is all too common in withdrawal. It’s a Neuro emotion.

Yes that too is normal. Sometimes people can take years to recover after coming off of SSRIs so you being off of them for three months isn’t as long as it may seem to you.  I’ve been getting off of these for four years and I’m in a wave right now myself.  But I was on these drugs for almost 20 years so I don’t think it’ll take nearly that long for you.

Have you been doing well lately? I'm extremely inconsistent mentally, inconsistent emotion and lack of familarness to my feelings and thoughts. 

• Moderator Emeritus
51 minutes ago, Foxclover6 said:

Have you been doing well lately? I'm extremely inconsistent mentally, inconsistent emotion and lack of familarness to my feelings and thoughts. 

I’m slowly coming out of a wave I’ve been in. My WD is compounded by menopause.  It sounds like you are dealing with the windows and waves pattern of recovery. I should’ve posted a link about that in one of my first posts I don’t know if you read it. The good thing is eventually the windows get better and longer and the waves gets shorter and less severe but it’s a very gradual shift. I understand about the lack of familiarity to our thoughts and feelings. I was on the Lexapro for so long that it’s like I’m having to relearn how to live without it.

Edited by getofflex

On 9/15/2021 at 9:54 AM, getofflex said:

I’m slowly coming out of a wave I’ve been in. My WD is compounded by menopause.  It sounds like you are dealing with the windows and waves pattern of recovery. I should’ve posted a link about that in one of my first posts I don’t know if you read it. The good thing is eventually the windows get better and longer and the waves gets shorter and less severe but it’s a very gradual shift. I understand about the lack of familiarity to our thoughts and feelings. I was on the Lexapro for so long that it’s like I’m having to relearn how to live without it.

That is how I feel as well, like I'm relearning to function, throwing the benzo in is of course disastrous but luckily this time around I didn't take much of the benzo regularly. The 2 withdrawls are so different, benzo withdrawl is just so hard hitting, they're both, for me the ssri has been worse, I think because you are very aware of your struggling, the benzo you're just incapable entirely, full blown panic. It's like a car crash vs. Someone slowly breaking a bone,  probably not a good comparison, haha. Lately the withdrawals have been pretty terrible but throwing that busoar in, even those few times really set me back, I have raynauds now, it hasn't let up.  Initially it was extreme muscle pain, then it was isolated to the arms and legs and now its hands and feet and I have the rippled fingertips.  The doctor acted like it couldn't be the buspar but it happened when I took it so I just dont see how not, maybe because my system was so sensitive it had that effect but it doesn't change the fact that it caused it. I keep worrying it will never subside, speaking of menopause, my doc suggested I take progesterone but only after I do this Dutch test to see if im imbalanced.  She's a functional doctor, I was surprised to see her suggest the progesterone. These last few days have been mentally very difficult, feeling extremely low and almost like im not even there.  I try to stay distracted, stress from life does not help, but its impossible to avoid it, sure wish I could though. =/

I think im pre menopause, based on my symptoms. I'm sick of having a period !

• Moderator Emeritus
21 hours ago, Foxclover6 said:

maybe because my system was so sensitive it had that effect but it doesn't change the fact that it caused it.

I'm guessing this is the reason the Buspar affected you this way too.  

21 hours ago, Foxclover6 said:

These last few days have been mentally very difficult, feeling extremely low and almost like im not even there.

I'm sorry to hear this.  High stress usually worsens my WD.  Have you tried meditation to help you relax?  I sometimes do that in the evening to unwind and relax.  

Meditation for Stressed Out Nervous System

22 hours ago, Foxclover6 said:

I have raynauds now, it hasn't let up

I got raynauds out of seemingly nowhere late last year and early this year, and it lasted a few months and now it's gone. No idea if it's related to withdrawal or not but maybe this'll give you a little hope that the raynauds will go away for you too

2009 - 2021    Zoloft (sertraline)

2008 - 2021    Various stimulants (ritalin, vivance, focalin, adderall, adderall ER)

2012 - 2019    Abilify 2mg

2019    Mirapex (pramipexole) Nov. 0.125mg Dec. 0.25mg

Currently just going to try to get off of Mirapex (my only current prescription medication) after previously not tapering meds correctly because I'm hoping the akathisia can go away eventually. 

Update haha, lately I've had body chills after exercising,  which is new for me.  I also am still dealing with that strange muscle pain but it has lessened. After working out I get a rash sometimes and then I also have burning ears. Raynauds symptoms still happening, not extreme but they're still there and my hands feel cold alot.  I am pretty sure buspar kicked this off, but does anyone know if there is anything I can do or need to do besides wait. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, the only thing is to wait it out, and be patient.  I know, it's very frustrating.  Here is a link that may help: 

Tao of the Brass Monkey Trusting Our Bodies and Nature

On 10/1/2021 at 8:29 AM, getofflex said:

Unfortunately, the only thing is to wait it out, and be patient.  I know, it's very frustrating.  Here is a link that may help: 

Tao of the Brass Monkey Trusting Our Bodies and Nature

It's so frustrating,  I just usual feel like there's no point to anything,  and lethargic, sad, slow, also worry alot.  😢 

what can I do if, I am very depressed and I want to take an ssri, being where I am ? I have activated epstein barr. I just feel so depressed that I'd rather take an ssri than feel this way. In the past I had taken this and stopped, and I was ok,, but I am not ok currently..  I also very seriously do not want to go through what I did when I incorrectly tapered and wound up having burning allover from reinstatement. Currently I have liquid lexparo and low dose of prozac that I am not taking. If I see my psych he'll just tell me to take the normal dose of prozac[ never tried it ] and I now know from being on here that, that's not the best way to take an ssri for anyone even those who aren't sensitized.  Any suggestions will help even if the advice is to stay off. 

• Moderator Emeritus

We are a forum for getting off drugs, so we don't advise people about going back on drugs.  There are other ways to deal with depression besides going on drugs. If it were me, I would try and find a good psychotherapist, or even a pastor or priest, and and try to get at the root of what was making me depressed. I know this is a hard time of year, when the days are getting shorter, and there is less sunlight.  One natural remedy for depression is to get outside for a walk each day.  A brisk walk will increase endorphins, which help give us an emotional boost, and the natural light also gives us an emotional boost.  

Edited by getofflex

43 minutes ago, getofflex said:

We are a forum for getting off drugs, so we don't advise people about going back on drugs.  There are other ways to deal with depression besides going on drugs. If it were me, I would try and find a good psychotherapist, or even a pastor or priest, and and try to get at the root of what was making me depressed. I know this is a hard time of year, when the days are getting shorter, and there is less sunlight.  One natural remedy for depression is to get outside for a walk each day.  A brisk walk will increase endorphins, which help give us an emotional boost, and the natural light also gives us an emotional boost.  

Ok , thank you 😊 

been really struggling, the low is much lower than at any point so far, I wish I could reinstate 1 mg of liquid but I am already 4 months along and the physical symptoms are mostly gone except for sleeplessness at times.  Also I am still getting lightheaded, but other than that I just feel very depressed,  so much that I don't want to do much at all. I still force working our but notice that it can set me back if that makes sense.  I think the benzos, obviously,  made this harder, the depression that comes with them and with stopping them as well. I've never been so sad 

• Moderator Emeritus

What non drug ways have you used to try to help yourself with your depression?  

17 hours ago, getofflex said:

What non drug ways have you used to try to help yourself with your depression?  

Working out, and crying. I need a different plan, lol. 

• Moderator Emeritus

There are many simple, natural ways to combat depression: 

• prayer, develop spiritual life
  • walk outside in nature
  • pet therapy
  • eat healthy foods, eliminate junk and processed food
  • get involved in helping people less fortunate than you
  • get out of the house and be around positive people
  • listen to uplifting messages on YouTube, rumble, etc.  
  • talk to a counselor, pastor, priest, therapist, etc.  
  • get creative - paint, sketch, sculpt, knit sew, carve, cook, etc.

This list are all things that I have done, and do.  It really helps.  

Edited by getofflex

• 3 weeks later...

Currently still off all medications, I wonder if it's normal to feel so much like I have a brain injury.  I just am in a fog like state most of the time, I feel out of it and I hardly have happy emotions. I really struggle to not just lay in bed, which is all my body wants to do.  The reactivation of ebv, which I never even knew I had, hasn't been much help  seeing as it makes me feel worse than I already do.  I think there is a connection between quitting and the reactivation. I wish there was a easier way to heal, I hope this is still from quitting and it will get better. I think of trying a new drug often.

On 10/11/2021 at 2:48 PM, getofflex said:

There are many simple, natural ways to combat depression: 

• prayer, develop spiritual life
  • walk outside in nature
  • pet therapy
  • eat healthy foods, eliminate junk and processed food
  • get involved in helping people less fortunate than you
  • get out of the house and be around positive people
  • listen to uplifting messages on YouTube, rumble, etc.  
  • talk to a counselor, pastor, priest, therapist, etc.  
  • get creative - paint, sketch, sculpt, knit sew, carve, cook, etc.

This list are all things that I have done, and do.  It really helps.  

I do most of these, well.  Therapy, outside, workout, eating healthy, just hard to leave the house alot because of anxiety.