SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Foxclover6: Cold turkey Lexparo 10 mg

Foxclover6

On 6/29/2022 at 10:29 AM, Foxclover6 said:

Never ever would I think I'd be able to be this depressed, started a new job, exactly what I wanted, had to quit. Still not ready. Really brought me back to the bottom. 

Are you on anything right now? What are your symptoms? 

Klonopin Mar 2013 - Feb 2021 - used .000 gram scale to cut pills did very slowly from 2017-2021, had no issues stopping after final dose that was sub .5mg diazepam equivalent (If anyone wants advice for tapering Klonopin with a gram scale, feel free to ask!)

tapered off zyprexa twice over 2 weeks in my 20's, had little issue with that after about 3-4 years of use both times.

Prozac 40MG for 5 years - 2016 - 2021 (Total of 13 years of consecutive use)

(Most recent after last break, been on cumulatively in my life 14 years all times combined, 3 separate on/off occasions, all successful except most recent 3/4)

Recent Issue:  Tapered gradually from 40MG down to 0MG from May 7th - Aug 18th

Felt fine through Oct 5th, slowly started getting depression, panic, and anxiety (Was original thing I was treated for)

Decided to go back on SSRI Nov 1st, reacted very bad to 20mg reinstatement, day 1 was fine, day 2 had ADR. Doctor said to drop dosage.

Took 5mg for 2 weeks, 10mg for 2 weeks, still felt physically sick, could not take 20mg for more than 3 days, looking for advice going forward (ADR)

Not happy about it, but on 1.5mg 3x ativan and temazepam 15mg for sleep

(Was sleeping 2-3 hrs nightly prior to temazepam, was first thing that broke 2-3 hr then wide awake sleep cycle)

Main symptoms: headaches from certain foods and meds, sleep is broken, anxiety and agitation is extremely high, cortisol spike sensitive, bad in morning better at night, panic attacks, concentration is awful, focus is awful, anhedonia is awful, sensitive to light and noise, especially noise, extreme depression, intense bouts of fear, every looks and feels 'scary' at times, stress tolerance extremely low, have bouts of extreme anxiety, and bouts akathesia, and bouts extreme anticipatory anxiety over basic events/tasks. Nervous system is clearly crashed.

No Prozac for 249 days.

11 hours ago, UserMan1775 said:

Are you on anything right now? What are your symptoms? 

Not on anything, pain in muscles after eating, back, arms, hands, legs, pain after any form of exercise, feel that there is something seriously medically wrong. Anxiety, fear of driving, just don't feel like a person, the pain is scary,  back feels like there is acid in it after eating, seems to be anything that's inflammation unducing or maybe histamine. I'm lost.

- 10 mg lexparo 1.5 years

- ativan for panic 0.5 , never more than once daily and not everyday for 4 years.

-cold turkeyed in June 5 of 2021.

Buspar a few days and had severe muscle pain. July 26, 27, then 30 of 2021.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this pain, and anxiety.  You basically did a cold turkey of Lexapro a year ago.  Unfortunately, it can take a very long time to recover from a cold turkey.  You may have read this before, but I'll share it again.  

How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take, Factors Affecting Withdrawal

This link really helps you understand why it takes so long. 

What is Happening in Your Brain? (Explains why recovery takes so long)

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

1 hour ago, getofflex said:

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this pain, and anxiety.  You basically did a cold turkey of Lexapro a year ago.  Unfortunately, it can take a very long time to recover from a cold turkey.  You may have read this before, but I'll share it again.  

And a benzo =/. Really sucks. Thank you. 

- ativan for panic 0.5 , never more than once daily and not everyday for 4 years.

1 hour ago, getofflex said:

I've thought about reinstatement so many times, but because of the length and because of the way I reacted to buspar after 1 month being off of the ssri, it seems like I wouldn't be too lucky. I had major reaction to buspar, I think because the cns couldn't handle it since it's also a seratoning drug. ..was a huge huge mistake. IF only I'd reinstated lexapro at a very low dose maybe I'd be better off now. I am so devastated, the symptoms have been astronomical,  I've had millions of blood test, at least 30 anyways...millions. ha. I started a new job a bit ago, job I really wanted so much and had to quit body kept having pain and jjst couldn't handle it.  Really really sad. Needed the money and a life, brought me further down the hole mentally.  I always loved life before this, even with anxiety, now im just hopeless.

Are you having vivid dreams??

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

• Moderator Emeritus

2 hours ago, Foxclover6 said:

Now when I panic I don't use it but I have panic for hours.

When we start to panic it can be so easy to give in to it, but the aftermath can be so exhausting and draining both physically and emotionally.

When I start to feel the panic rising I try to remind myself that if I don't calm myself down I will actually end up feeling worse then if I work at relaxing and calming myself down.

You might find these helpful:

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes) Female voice - getselfhelp.co.uk

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes) Male voice - getselfhelp.co.uk

I have found relaxation techniques very helpful too.  It isn't going to stop the external stress from happening but it can help to reduce the impact of that stress on your body.

With the relaxation I think it is better to do short periods of it throughout the day, regardless of whether you feel you need to do it.  Think of it like an old fashioned kettle on stove, the sort with the whistle.  If you keep turning the heat on and off the whistle will never blow because the steam won't build up.  Relaxation techniques work in a similar way.  You probably won't get rid of the stress completely but you keep bringing it down a bit so that it doesn't get to the build up.

I now find that I more quickly pick up when I am starting to feel "different" (tired, confused, anxious etc) and it's second nature now to do some sort of non drug technique (self talk, breathing exercise, get up and look at something different) to cope with whatever it is that is happening.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

3 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

When we start to panic it can be so easy to give in to it, but the aftermath can be so exhausting and draining both physically and emotionally.

When I start to feel the panic rising I try to remind myself that if I don't calm myself down I will actually end up feeling worse then if I work at relaxing and calming myself down.

You might find these helpful:

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes) Female voice - getselfhelp.co.uk

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes) Male voice - getselfhelp.co.uk

I have found relaxation techniques very helpful too.  It isn't going to stop the external stress from happening but it can help to reduce the impact of that stress on your body.

With the relaxation I think it is better to do short periods of it throughout the day, regardless of whether you feel you need to do it.  Think of it like an old fashioned kettle on stove, the sort with the whistle.  If you keep turning the heat on and off the whistle will never blow because the steam won't build up.  Relaxation techniques work in a similar way.  You probably won't get rid of the stress completely but you keep bringing it down a bit so that it doesn't get to the build up.

I now find that I more quickly pick up when I am starting to feel "different" (tired, confused, anxious etc) and it's second nature now to do some sort of non drug technique (self talk, breathing exercise, get up and look at something different) to cope with whatever it is that is happening.

Thank you,  this is great advice

• 2 months later...

I have had so much trauma I can't do it anymore.   @Altostrata just asking in case you've seen this before. I woke up and felt as though my throat stopped working, it was very hard to swallow, my neck felt stiff and tongue tip of my chin is numb. I'm over a year off the ssri and benzo now. I went to urgent care , they suggested thyroid. Had every thyroid test including an ultrasound,  nothing showed up. 

I dont know what to do or if this is serious, the doctor is referring me to ent. Nuero on the 15th also, I'm so lost. The first day it was very hard to swallow,its gotten some better but my chin is still numb.  I did just have braces removed, the ortho said it wasn't related.

• Administrator

I'm sorry, I don't know what is going on. This may not be related to your psychiatric drug history. Are you taking any psychiatric drugs now?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

7 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

I'm sorry, I don't know what is going on. This may not be related to your psychiatric drug history. Are you taking any psychiatric drugs now?

No not on anything =/

How are you doing now?  Any new information?  I’ve had throat issues also but this started prior to quitting the drug.  It actually started when my late wife passed two and a half years ago.  I’m just mentioning this as it’s quite possible it’s not related to withdrawal.  I think I have a rare condition called superior thyroid Cornu syndrome.  
I hope all is going well.  

2010 - 2018 Zoloft 75 mg 2019 Zoloft 50mg 2019 Zoloft 25 mg

2020 Zoloft 12.5mg

2020 Switched July 6, 2020 to Lexapro 10 mg  Nov 10, 2020 5 mg 

2021 Feb 2, 2021 2.5 mg until July 24, 2021 (Date quit)

2021 Lexapro .5 mg Reinstatement Aug 18, 2021 

2021 Lexapro .42 mg Nov 16, 2021

2021 Lexapro .35 mg Dec 1, 2021

2021 Lexapro .5 mg updose Dec 11, 2021

2022 Lexapro 1.0 mg updose March 15, 2022

2022 Quit Lexapro March 19, 2022

On 9/14/2022 at 9:06 PM, NeDaytoDayMJ said:

How are you doing now?  Any new information?  I’ve had throat issues also but this started prior to quitting the drug.  It actually started when my late wife passed two and a half years ago.  I’m just mentioning this as it’s quite possible it’s not related to withdrawal.  I think I have a rare condition called superior thyroid Cornu syndrome.  
I hope all is going well.  

They checked testing for thyroiditis and did ultrasound,  and nothing showed. I thought it could be thyroiditis,  it's some better but still there. Tongue feels it doesn't work well. I'm scared,  nuero just wants to check for Ms but I've already had an mri for this. I believe I may have had gullian barre and it wasn't total paralysis but i didn't get treatment and keep having rebound things . I don't know anymore.  I'm so afraid 

I’m sorry to hear this.  I hope you find answers and peace soon.  Please know I am rooting for you.  It will get better.  

2010 - 2018 Zoloft 75 mg 2019 Zoloft 50mg 2019 Zoloft 25 mg

2020 Zoloft 12.5mg

2020 Switched July 6, 2020 to Lexapro 10 mg  Nov 10, 2020 5 mg 

2021 Feb 2, 2021 2.5 mg until July 24, 2021 (Date quit)

2021 Lexapro .5 mg Reinstatement Aug 18, 2021 

2021 Lexapro .42 mg Nov 16, 2021

2021 Lexapro .35 mg Dec 1, 2021

2021 Lexapro .5 mg updose Dec 11, 2021

2022 Lexapro 1.0 mg updose March 15, 2022

2022 Quit Lexapro March 19, 2022

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh sweetie,  Use your skills, don't ever start assuming the worst.  Me too, rooting for you!  And hugs. 

Isn't Guillian Barre' an ascending paralysis?  Meaning you would not experience first in your upper body.

Use your anti-panic, anti-think the worst, anti-scared skills.  You've got them and you've got to use them now or find some good new ones.  Are you spiritual?  Try finding meaning too- that forum here.

And keep us updated Foxclover.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 2 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello Fox Clover.  I'm very sorry that you are experiencing these various health issues.  It's good that you are getting tested to rule out other physical problems.  However, the fact that nothing shows, means it is probably PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome).  I have to tell you honestly, Lexapro is a BEAST of drug.  I personally think it should never have been approved.  I've been off it for 4.5 months after doing a very slow and careful taper since March of 2019, when I joined this forum.  In spite of this, I'm still feeling a lot of symptoms - major neuro emotions, sleep issues off and on, tired a lot, DP/DR, crying spells, and just feeling blah.  I felt OK until about 3 months out.  Then I made the mistake of going on a trip at the 3 month mark, and then is when the wave hit.  It is not a horrible wave, where I cannot function, but I can definitely feel it.  

In all honesty, it can take years to recover from a fast taper off of an SSRI drug.  I also see you took Buspar for a few days in July, I assume 2022?   Please add the year to your signature for this. This could have further destabilized your nervous system, and hence the muscle pain.  We suggest that when people are recovering from psych drugs and tapering, they avoid adding other psychoactive drugs and substances, as our nervous systems tend to be hypersensitive, and the results are unpredictable, and often have adverse reactions.  Then, this further complicates and prolongs the recovery.  

Have you had alcohol, or any other type of thing like marijuana, THC, CBD, etc or anything else mind altering?  We strongly suggest people avoid these things.  

We strongly suggest learning and using non drug coping techniques.  There are many things we can do to help ourselves.  The key to recovering from this is natural self care, time, and patience.  Please check out these links: 

Muscle and Joint Stiffness, Aches and Pain

Important Topics About Symptoms

On 6/16/2011 at 6:38 PM, Altostrata said:

Edited by getofflex

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

On 11/23/2022 at 6:13 PM, getofflex said:

Hello Fox Clover.  I'm very sorry that you are experiencing these various health issues.  It's good that you are getting tested to rule out other physical problems.  However, the fact that nothing shows, means it is probably PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome).  I have to tell you honestly, Lexapro is a BEAST of drug.  I personally think it should never have been approved.  I've been off it for 4.5 months after doing a very slow and careful taper since March of 2019, when I joined this forum.  In spite of this, I'm still feeling a lot of symptoms - major neuro emotions, sleep issues off and on, tired a lot, DP/DR, crying spells, and just feeling blah.  I felt OK until about 3 months out.  Then I made the mistake of going on a trip at the 3 month mark, and then is when the wave hit.  It is not a horrible wave, where I cannot function, but I can definitely feel it.  

In all honesty, it can take years to recover from a fast taper off of an SSRI drug.  I also see you took Buspar for a few days in July, I assume 2022?   Please add the year to your signature for this. This could have further destabilized your nervous system, and hence the muscle pain.  We suggest that when people are recovering from psych drugs and tapering, they avoid adding other psychoactive drugs and substances, as our nervous systems tend to be hypersensitive, and the results are unpredictable, and often have adverse reactions.  Then, this further complicates and prolongs the recovery.  

Have you had alcohol, or any other type of thing like marijuana, THC, CBD, etc or anything else mind altering?  We strongly suggest people avoid these things.  

We strongly suggest learning and using non drug coping techniques.  There are many things we can do to help ourselves.  The key to recovering from this is natural self care, time, and patience.  Please check out these links: 

Muscle and Joint Stiffness, Aches and Pain

Important Topics About Symptoms

I wish I had tapered, I feel almost like I've developed dementia in some way. I have spent days alone in a house feeling mentally broken. The pain I don't understand,  it moves around and is severe like I have some kind of autoimmune disease or cancer yet, the only thing that comes up is I had a test for cirs which was seeming to say I have it.  I don't know enough about it but I was supposed to take soemthing called welchol to treat it.  I am so afraid and unwell most of the time that taking anything is terrifying. I wish I could reinstate a low dose like I should have in the past but I dont think it will likely work at this point.  Since I took that buspirone, it seemed to do something really bad to me, I had a severe reaction like what was listed in the rare side effects, my doctor wouldn't acknowledge it at all. After it happened I have purple and white nails, glass in my hands and feet feeling and aching arms, numb wrists and ankles.  I had severe pain from eating that would flood my body after the food was digesting.  It didn't effect my stomach with pain but it made me body hurt really bad.  I cannot workout much anymore as I get extreme body aches and tear things. I am truly broken and feel like I am not going to be ok.  I wake up feeling lost and don't know who I am anymore. My body seems like it's breaking down, I don't know what to do anymore. All my autonomic stuff has been messed up, I stopped being able to swallow for a while, my tongue felt numb.  My spine feels unstable. 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, Foxclover6 said:

I am truly broken and feel like I am not going to be ok.  I wake up feeling lost and don't know who I am anymore. 

If I were you, I would spend a lot of time reading the success stories.  You just need more time, and natural self care.  It sounds like you have some depression too.  Check into ways of changing your thinking to help yourself with the depression.  Cognitive therapy (CBT) helps with this.  There is a book called "The Feeling Good Handbook: by David D. Burns, MD.  Here is a link to it.  

https://www.amazon.com/Feeling-Good-Handbook-David-Burns/dp/0452281326/ref=sr_1_1?crid=GV4RNGRL4BAM&keywords=the+feeling+good+handbook+by+david+burns&qid=1669390440&sprefix=The+feeling+Good%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-1

Also, I would suggest you try and get out of your house and be around people.  Even just going to a coffee shop, and relaxing with a non caffeinated beverage and reading a book will get you out of the house and less isolated.  Being alone all the time is a sure set up for depression.  I know it's hard to find community these days.  You may also consider joining some type of church or religious community or group.  

On 11/25/2022 at 10:36 AM, getofflex said:

If I were you, I would spend a lot of time reading the success stories.  You just need more time, and natural self care.  It sounds like you have some depression too.  Check into ways of changing your thinking to help yourself with the depression.  Cognitive therapy (CBT) helps with this.  There is a book called "The Feeling Good Handbook: by David D. Burns, MD.  Here is a link to it.  

https://www.amazon.com/Feeling-Good-Handbook-David-Burns/dp/0452281326/ref=sr_1_1?crid=GV4RNGRL4BAM&keywords=the+feeling+good+handbook+by+david+burns&qid=1669390440&sprefix=The+feeling+Good%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-1

Also, I would suggest you try and get out of your house and be around people.  Even just going to a coffee shop, and relaxing with a non caffeinated beverage and reading a book will get you out of the house and less isolated.  Being alone all the time is a sure set up for depression.  I know it's hard to find community these days.  You may also consider joining some type of church or religious community or group.  

When I quit the ssri last year, and then tool the buspar a month or so later, is it possible that, that could have caused what happened to me ? I developed numb wrists, ankles, bruises, and had this feeling of glass in my hands and feet, my nails changed from pink to a purple like white color and my hands hurt so badly to use, also my feet. This came on very strongly after taking the buspar. This part keeps me afraid as I still feel confused about what could have caused it besides that. I had so many tests to rule our diabetes etc. All normal. 

• Moderator Emeritus
23 hours ago, Foxclover6 said:

When I quit the ssri last year, and then tool the buspar a month or so later, is it possible that, that could have caused what happened to me ?

Yes, it is quite possible.  When our nervous systems are destabilized, drugs, especially psych meds, often cause an adverse reaction.  That is why we try to suggest to members to avoid going on other psych meds.  

The solution is time, time, and more time.  It takes an extremely long time for the nervous system to heal.  And, all systems in our body are intricately intertwined with our nervous systems, so it can cause so many things to go wrong.  Please read this link: 

• Mentor

Fox clover, I have had pains and stiffness in my wrists, elbows and hands and other places too that have come and gone. I associate this with wd and/or side effects because of other symptoms sensitive eyes and ears , nervousness etc. usually they will lasts a week or so and go away.  
I have noticed too that any old injuries from past will flare up in wd symptoms. 

I used to go to drs for symptoms but over time I’ve realized and just accepted it when I can. I work with my hands so I usually work a different way and just work through it. Rest more etc. Do things to calm nervous system. 

If dr has cleared your symptoms and not found anything wrong then accepting as wd may be the next step. Which is easier said than done in which I struggle with. It has gotten a little easier somewhat. 

I am not you nor a dr so I want to encourage you to do things with good friends and family . Distract and do what you can. Distraction has been my go to during this journey. These are only my thoughts from experience. 
Prayers for healing and peace !

2000-2013 Paxil - 1 year fast taper

2013-2018 merry go round
zoloft, cymbalta, lamictal, Prozac.

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Oct 2020 reinstated to 9 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed. 

I'm in a very bad place. 

I cant do anything alone, driving,  nothing. The depression is too much for me. 

• Mentor

Can you go outside? 
make a list of all the things you can do

2013-2018 merry go round

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed. 

• Moderator Emeritus

What happened Foxclover6? 

Did anything of note change recently?

You posted, that is something.

Very unlikely you have dementia.  Have you been alone for too long lately?

Can you call someone locally?  A supportive type.

Isolation will worsen your despair.......take it from one who knows that, and learned the hard way how to stay connected.  You do need to stay connected to just a couple people.  On a daily basis.  Pick or find a couple people.  That way you can rotate them.  People get so busy in their stuff these days.

Again, any recent changes or happenings?

Rooting for you.  Can you read?  Read something distracting and funny or interesting or that you can just get lost in.  Find something on a screen to watch.  Keep it neutral, the content.....nothing overstimulating or with negatives.

Do you draw, or color?  They even have great books out now, adult coloring books with fantastic pictures to work on.  You can use markers or pencils or whatever appeals to color in the images.

Take a bath if you can, or have a bathtub.   A shower,even if you crawl in there.....do it!  Have you started or are you using Omega 3's or Magnesium yet? 

BASIC SUPPLEMENT TOOLKIT

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

Start with one or the other.  I found magnesium sulfate or Epsom salts great.  Not only for body aches and pains(when used in the water of a bath), but also very calming.

It's a Wave. 

We got you......carrying you along.  Sleep if you need to. 

Do your best with just hygiene, eating, and maybe put on some make up or do your hair, put on something comfy and clean, and even fun to wear.

This won't be forever.

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
took out a line, as it did not apply to this member

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

On 12/1/2022 at 10:26 AM, getofflex said:

Yes, it is quite possible.  When our nervous systems are destabilized, drugs, especially psych meds, often cause an adverse reaction.  That is why we try to suggest to members to avoid going on other psych meds.  

The solution is time, time, and more time.  It takes an extremely long time for the nervous system to heal.  And, all systems in our body are intricately intertwined with our nervous systems, so it can cause so many things to go wrong.  Please read this link: 

Thank you. 

On 12/6/2022 at 12:41 PM, Heath said:

Can you go outside? 
make a list of all the things you can do

Yes I can, I need to more than I am.  ❤️

On 12/6/2022 at 2:12 PM, manymoretodays said:

What happened Foxclover6? 

Did anything of note change recently?

You posted, that is something.

Very unlikely you have dementia.  Have you been alone for too long lately?

Can you call someone locally?  A supportive type.

Isolation will worsen your despair.......take it from one who knows that, and learned the hard way how to stay connected.  You do need to stay connected to just a couple people.  On a daily basis.  Pick or find a couple people.  That way you can rotate them.  People get so busy in their stuff these days.

Again, any recent changes or happenings?

Rooting for you.  Can you read?  Read something distracting and funny or interesting or that you can just get lost in.  Find something on a screen to watch.  Keep it neutral, the content.....nothing overstimulating or with negatives.

Do you draw, or color?  They even have great books out now, adult coloring books with fantastic pictures to work on.  You can use markers or pencils or whatever appeals to color in the images.

Take a bath if you can, or have a bathtub.   A shower,even if you crawl in there.....do it!  Have you started or are you using Omega 3's or Magnesium yet? 

BASIC SUPPLEMENT TOOLKIT

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

Start with one or the other.  I found magnesium sulfate or Epsom salts great.  Not only for body aches and pains(when used in the water of a bath), but also very calming.

It's a Wave. 

We got you......carrying you along.  Sleep if you need to. 

Do your best with just hygiene, eating, and maybe put on some make up or do your hair, put on something comfy and clean, and even fun to wear.

This won't be forever.

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Thank  you,  this made me feel better. I am taking fish oil but not magnesium. I spend alot of time alone,  too much.  I've never been this depressed,  it's just, all the physical pain really put me in a bad place,  thinking I am dying for a year. Regretting all these things,  xrays I've had,  maybe 6 in 4 years,  I just am obsessing over mistakes, every mistake I ever made. I do paint,  nothing new happened really , I just get to a place where I'm tired of fighting my body.  Thank you for writing me,  I get confused that it's still medication,  all the pain and weird things. 

• Mentor

Feeling guilt over past mistakes is a very common wd symptom. I have that one often too. 

2013-2018 merry go round

On 12/10/2022 at 9:24 AM, Heath said:

Feeling guilt over past mistakes is a very common wd symptom. I have that one often too. 

It's not a fun one. 😕 

Sick of thinking I'm dying all the time

• Moderator Emeritus

Sending hope and further healing Foxclover.

Surf this wave.

Window around the corner.

Oh.  I'm sorry......some holiday season for you, huh?

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

On 12/18/2022 at 12:21 AM, manymoretodays said:

Sending hope and further healing Foxclover.

Surf this wave.

Window around the corner.

Oh.  I'm sorry......some holiday season for you, huh?

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

The loneliest holiday season. ❤️

• Mentor
1 hour ago, Foxclover6 said:

The loneliest holiday season. ❤️

it sure can be!

I am so sorry you are struggling so much during a season when we want to feel joyful

you are doing a great job of surfing those waves!

it seems like it will never end but it will.

and the symptoms, they are so varied and weird, it's perfectly understandable that we think something very serious must be going on.

it's hard to wrap our heads around the fact that this is how our brains and our body heals from the far reaching effects of these drugs.

it is very short sighted of those who manufacture these drugs to think that they can "selectively" affect just one part of our very complicated brain and body. That is just not possible. The very name of these drugs "selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors" is a lie.

but that's a subject for some other time.

I am hoping that you have lots of wide open windows soon. 

praying for calm seas and bright skies for you

I hope you have some supportive people in your life- even if they can't truly understand what you are going thru, they can still be there to help you thru this rough time

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
  • Mentor

Hi @Foxclover6

I am sorry you feel lonely this season. Nobody should feel that way. You know this season is all about what you think of it in your heart. For me personally it means piece, mostly piece and kindness in my heart. Yes it can be hard especially if you don’t have people around you and you are not in good health, weather it’s from withdrawals or something else. I just want you to know you matter in this world just as anybody else. This season is not about anything else then love and kindness, and you can feel that whatever the circumstances if you put your mind to it. 
Sending you piece and warm hugs your way🙏
My thoughts are with you 

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.