Orbet: First post

Orbet

Hi, I’m glad I found this place.  I’ve been on numerous psych meds going back to 2003 and am currently off everything except seroquel 100 mg and trazodone 150 mg plus hydroxyzine 100 mg x 3.

I’m looking to get totally off psychiatric drugs.  My history is so long and convoluted that it will be difficult if not impossible to set it all out.  I hope you can help me.  I’ve been terribly anhedonic and avolitional with terrible anxiety since most recent hospitalization ending May 31.  I can’t work, laugh, cry or much of anything.  It’s all I can do to just take a shower every day and stuff like that.  At this point I don’t know what else to do but try to get off everything and hope I can get something close to normal.  I haven’t been ok since last April.  Something (covid vaccine?) set me off, I increased seroquel to 200 mg and shortly after ended up in the hospital.  I went back in early May, then was ok for a little while taking klonopin .5 mg x 3.  The doctor cut seroquel back to 100 while increasing trazodone to 150.  I became quite suicidal and was hospitalized again.  In the hospital I took 2 doses of vraylar that set me off, then several days of haldol (for some reason I thought it would help) then a couple of days of latuda I thought might but did not help.  The doctor then gave me Prozac, but it seemed to inflame my anxiety, so I only took it three times.   I’m in bad shape and need guidance.  I can’t keep going like this.

Introduction: Orbet: First post

on numerous psych meds going back to 2003

2020 sertaline for a few months, tried latuda for about a week, ct sertaline over concerns about serotonin syndrome

seroquel 100 and trazodone 50 continuing through 

2021 April seroquel increased to 200 mg, Trazodone increased to 100 mg,  a few days latuda before I stopped taking it.also, took low doses of haldol left over from an old script ending in April. May 2021

Doctor cut seroquel from 200 mg to 100 mg

trazodone raised from 100 mg to 150 mg

became suicidal, hospitalized for 6th time in two years

tried on vraylar, 2 days, haldol, 3 days, sent home, took latuda a couple of days,put on Prozac but stopped after two days due to heightened anxiety. Currently on: seroquel 100 mg, trazodone 150 mg, and Benadryl 50 mg at 12:00 am nightly, and hydroxyzine 100 mg x 3 I only take twice daily at 12:00 Pm and 6 pm.

I don’t know if my current anhedonia and anxiety is from withdrawal from cutting seroquel to 100 mg, or adverse reactions from all the stuff I took in May through early June, the fact that I stopped smoking weed in May, or some combination of those or something else.  Is my system just fried?  Is it my ongoing seroquel and trazodone?  At this point I feel like the only way forward is to get off all this stuff for good.  Please, I need to get my feelings and volition back so I can get back to work and life.

2020 sertaline for a few months, tried latuda for about a week, ct sertaline over concerns about serotonin syndrome

2021 April seroquel increased to 200 mg, Trazodone increased to 100 mg,  a few days latuda before I stopped taking it.also, took low doses of haldol left over from an old script ending in April. May 2021

tried on vraylar, 2 days, haldol, 3 days, sent home, took latuda a couple of days,put on Prozac but stopped after two days due to heightened anxiety. Currently on: seroquel 100 mg, trazodone 150 mg, and Benadryl 50 mg at 12:00 am nightly, and hydroxyzine 100 mg x 3 I only take twice daily at 12:00 Pm and 6 pm.

I started an intro thread yesterday but I can’t find it now.  Can anybody tell me how to find it or tell what happened to it?  I apologize for any bother, but I’m not the most tech savvy person and I’m new here.

• Shep changed the title to Orbet: First post
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, @Orbet

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

I moved your last post into your Introduction thread. Please note I've added a link to your intro in your signature so you can easily find your thread again. I also added the line from your first post - "on numerous psych meds going back to 2003" - to your signature so the moderators will know your full history. 

On 6/27/2021 at 8:21 PM, Orbet said:

I’ve been on numerous psych meds going back to 2003 and am currently off everything except seroquel 100 mg and trazodone 150 mg plus hydroxyzine 100 mg x 3.

Please note the below drug interactions from the drug interaction report

Interactions between your drugs

Moderate

traZODone  hydrOXYzine

Applies to: trazodone, hydroxyzine

Using traZODone together with hydrOXYzine can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening, although it is a rare side effect. You may be more susceptible if you have a heart condition called congenital long QT syndrome, other cardiac diseases, conduction abnormalities, or electrolyte disturbances (for example, magnesium or potassium loss due to severe or prolonged diarrhea or vomiting). Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or heart palpitations during treatment with these medications, whether together or alone. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

Moderate

traZODone  QUEtiapine

Applies to: trazodone, Seroquel (quetiapine)

Using traZODone together with QUEtiapine can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening, although it is a rare side effect. You may be more susceptible if you have a heart condition called congenital long QT syndrome, other cardiac diseases, conduction abnormalities, or electrolyte disturbances (for example, magnesium or potassium loss due to severe or prolonged diarrhea or vomiting). Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or heart palpitations during treatment with these medications, whether together or alone. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

Moderate

hydrOXYzine  QUEtiapine

Applies to: hydroxyzine, Seroquel (quetiapine)

Using QUEtiapine together with hydrOXYzine can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening, although it is a rare side effect. You may be more susceptible if you have a heart condition called congenital long QT syndrome, other cardiac diseases, conduction abnormalities, or electrolyte disturbances (for example, magnesium or potassium loss due to severe or prolonged diarrhea or vomiting). Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or heart palpitations during treatment with these medications, whether together or alone. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

@OrbetPlease list the time(s) of day you take each of your drugs and the dose. Also, please list any supplements you are currently taking. 

It's possible some of your symptoms are due to the above drug interactions. 

Thank you so much for answering.  I’m not sure how to add this to my signature.

I take Seroquel 100 mg and Trazodone 150 mg at 12:00 AM.

I take hydroxyzine 100 mg twice per day, typically around 12:00 PM and 6:00 PM.

I also take 50 mg Benadryl at 12:00 AM.

I don’t take other supplements at this time.

Yes, those interactions are scary.  I’ve noticed what feels like my heart jumping around on numerous occasions, especially for the month or so I was taking seroquel 200 mg.  

Then my awful doctor put me on Prozac, which increased my risk of serotonin syndrome.  I only took it 3 or 4 times.  It causes my anxiety to get even worse, so I couldn’t tolerate it.

• Moderator Emeritus
18 minutes ago, Orbet said:

I’m not sure how to add this to my signature.

Use the following link to add the information to your signature.  You'll need to use a computer rather than a phone.  After you've added the information, press "Save."  Here's the link:

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

15 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Use the following link to add the information to your signature.  You'll need to use a computer rather than a phone.  After you've added the information, press "Save."  Here's the link:

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Ok, thanks.  I’ve edited my signature to make those changes.

• Mentor

@Orbet Hi, Welcome.  I am sorry you are going through such a tuff time.  Things can and will get better. One of the mods will get back to you and give you some aid.

Hang in there.  

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

I guess my first question is, should I cut seroquel to 50 mg as my doctor has done?  I’ve got a month’s worth of 100 mg pills, and I think he called in 50 mg.  In May I cut seroquel from 200 to 100 mg on his advice.  It didn’t seem to bother me much, but nevertheless I ended up in the hospital for the third time in late May when I became very suicidal. 

When I was in the hospital I was tried on vraylar and haldol, both of which seemed to cause great agitation.  The suicidality abated, though, and was replaced by bad anhedonia and avolition, along with continued anxiety and digestive trouble, difficulty peeing etc.  I basically don’t do anything anymore.  It seems like the anhedonia has improved slightly.  I actually laughed a tiny bit last night, but I still can’t cry or feel much of anything except anxiety and fear.  I’m also plagued by ear worms and memories from the past that keep taking over my train of thought.  

I feel like I must do something to try to break out of this so I can get back to work, at least.  Should I go ahead and start tapering seroquel or should I hold it for a while even though I feel terrible.

• Mentor

@Orbet  If you want to get some ones attention do  @ and start to type in the name of the person you want, click on the name and it will turn blue like your name did here.  The person will get a notification that they have been tagged.  So if you have a question for one of the moderators type their name in.

I would also recommend looking around the site.  There is a lot of information in the forms section.  Poke around.  I found it very helpful to learn about what is happening in your brain when you are on these drugs and how it affects the central nervous  system.  On the symptoms and self-care form is where I found out that my unexplainable fear is a symptom other people have.  

There is success form for people that have successful gotten off of their meds. Nice to read for encouragement

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Just now, Greatful said:

@Orbet  If you want to get some ones attention do  @ and start to type in the name of the person you want, click on the name and it will turn blue like your name did here.  The person will get a notification that they have been tagged.  So if you have a question for one of the moderators type their name in.

I would also recommend looking around the site.  There is a lot of information in the forms section.  Poke around.  I found it very helpful to learn about what is happening in your brain when you are on these drugs and how it affects the central nervous  system.  On the symptoms and self-care form is where I found out that my unexplainable fear is a symptom other people have.  

There is success form for people that have successful gotten off of their meds. Nice to read for encouragement

Thanks.  I’ll try to figure out how to use the site. I’ve been reading a lot.  It’s very interesting and a little overwhelming.

2 hours ago, Orbet said:

Thanks.  I’ll try to figure out how to use the site. I’ve been reading a lot.  It’s very interesting and a little overwhelming.

2 hours ago, Orbet said:

I guess my first question is, should I cut seroquel to 50 mg as my doctor has done?  I’ve got a month’s worth of 100 mg pills, and I think he called in 50 mg.  In May I cut seroquel from 200 to 100 mg on his advice.  It didn’t seem to bother me much, but nevertheless I ended up in the hospital for the third time in late May when I became very suicidal. 

When I was in the hospital I was tried on vraylar and haldol, both of which seemed to cause great agitation.  The suicidality abated, though, and was replaced by bad anhedonia and avolition, along with continued anxiety and digestive trouble, difficulty peeing etc.  I basically don’t do anything anymore.  It seems like the anhedonia has improved slightly.  I actually laughed a tiny bit last night, but I still can’t cry or feel much of anything except anxiety and fear.  I’m also plagued by ear worms and memories from the past that keep taking over my train of thought.  

I feel like I must do something to try to break out of this so I can get back to work, at least.  Should I go ahead and start tapering seroquel or should I hold it for a while even though I feel terrible.

@Gridley

@Shep

• Moderator Emeritus
17 hours ago, Orbet said:

I take Seroquel 100 mg and Trazodone 150 mg at 12:00 AM.

I take hydroxyzine 100 mg twice per day, typically around 12:00 PM and 6:00 PM.

I also take 50 mg Benadryl at 12:00 AM.

I don’t take other supplements at this time.

Thanks for this information, @Orbet

Please don't make any reductions yet. 

Please start a drug and symptoms journal. 

A drug and symptoms journal will help us see your symptoms within the context of when you take your drugs. It's possible that some of your symptoms are adverse reactions and we may first suggest changing the timing of when you take the drugs before advising a taper. This will mitigate any drug interactions caused by taking interacting drugs too close together. 

Here are the instructions for your journal, including an example.  Please post here in your Intro/Update thread so all of your information is in one place. 

On 9/27/2016 at 2:49 PM, Altostrata said:

In the course of discussion in your Introductions forum topic, you may be asked to keep notes on paper of your daily symptom pattern, including when you take your drugs, their dosages, and any symptoms. We ask this because there may be something we can do to reduce the symptoms.

What we need to see for every single day over several days is what symptoms you get before and after you take your drugs. If you're not taking any drugs and have withdrawal symptoms, we still need to see your symptom pattern throughout the day:

The time of day, dosage, and severity of symptoms are essential information. Include

- Time and dosage for all drugs taken throughout the day, psychiatric and non-psychiatric.

- Following each dose, note any symptoms. If you are having a reaction to the drug, it may take hours for a symptom to show up -- that's why we ask you to keep notes all day long.

- If you're not taking any drugs, your symptoms throughout the day.

- Your sleep pattern. Since so many drugs disturb sleep, if you find you're waking in the middle of the night, it could be from a drug you took earlier in the evening. If you're not taking any drugs, there may be ways you can improve your sleep.

And so forth. A diary, in chronological order, looking something like this:

Example:

DATE:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

• Moderator Emeritus
12 hours ago, Orbet said:

I think I need to find another doctor, though I have no idea how I’m going to do that.

@OrbetI copied this from the COVID thread to here on your intro thread so I can share some information with you.

Please see:

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

Resources for finding a doctor who understands withdrawal: 

Recommended doctors, therapists, and clinics

MiA Provider Directory

Remember, you don't need a psychiatrist for this - any doctor can prescribe these drugs. But I would read through the "how do you talk to a doctor" thread first before going to a new doctor. Set yourself up for success. 

12:00 pm:  get up, take 100 mg hydroxyzine.

Always anxious but no energy

2:00 usually lie back down, don’t sleep, try to fight off earworms and unwanted memories that constantly intrude,

5-6 get up again, take hydroxyzine 100 mg

6-7 eat whatever’s available for supper

7-12am, shower and look at stuff on this site and elsewhere on the internet

12-12:30 am read then go to sleep, usually waking up several times to go to the bathroom

anxiety usually backs off a little bit sometime after supper and before bed.

The anhedonia and avolition last all day.  It’s torment.   I feel like such a worthless slug but its so hard to do anything.  Even taking a shower is a major chore.  I just have enough discipline to make sure I eat and shower.

I can’t keep going this way.  I have to get back to work soon.

• Mentor

@orbit.  It is very hard to motivate when you feel so bad.  Stabilizing can take a little time.  I know patience is a hard pill to swallow, but that is what you have to concentrate on.  You can do this. You are stronger then you think.  Can you get outside at all.   Find some distraction.  

I learn from from SA that intrusive thought, ruminating thoughts and what ever else  your brain can come up when your brain is in WD.  and to remind yourself that they are just that thoughts and your thought can't hurt you.  

When I am  having the most weird thoughts I would repeat to myself these are just thoughts from your drugs and wd, they can't hurt you and as  you brain heals they will go away.  It is scary to see how the drugs can cause such a mess with our brains and cns.

Hang in there

Thanks, @Greatful

I’ve been going through a lot of symptoms the past month.  There’s PSSD, digestive trouble, weakness, and constant anxiety. I get endless earworms and trips down memory lane that constantly intrude.

The worst is this godawful anhedonia and avolition.  It’s so hard and painful to do anything.  I can’t laugh or cry, I feel exhausted during the day but can’t sleep, and it’s all feeding into my anxiety.  I have to beak out of this.  Every time I feel my head tingling, I hope to god it means my brain is waking back up.

i don’t know what’s causing this.  The only improvement I can identify is that I’m not as suicidal as I was before my last hospitalization, although it’s always there, lurking under the surface.

I worry that I’ve been permanently damaged.  I’ve been trying to recover for a month with little improvement, and I’m about out of money and time.  I guess my plan now is to wait a little longer then try to get a job and try my best to hold onto it.  I really don’t want to be suicidal again, and I just want to feel like a human being.

• Mentor

@Orbet  I can tell you a story about brain tingling.  My brain has been zapping, tingling, buzzing, sore spots that move around my head, at times it feels like a vice grip on my temples squeezing, or someone trying to pound a round peg through the top of my head right behind my forehead.  Sometimes it feels like my brain is plugged into a light socket.  It does stop when I am sleeping.  There is generally some sort of brain sensation going on all the time, sometimes more than I at a time.  This has been going on for many months. 

Yes these things can drive us crazy .  They are very common with some drugs and in WD.  I know it  is hard to do, but the more you fight it the harder it will be on you.  They really stress acceptance here.  I am trying to learn it myself.  Try to tell yourself  it is how you are reacting to the symptoms not the symptoms themselves.  A very helpful member talked about this.

Try going for a short walk, get out in nature, even if you find no pleasure in it, it will get your mind on something else for a moment or two. It will get you to look at something different then the same four walls.

Do you have any support with you at home or close by?

I know this is a horrible fight and it maybe the biggest one you ever do, but you are strong, look how far you have come already.  

Go to the success stories and read Cocopuffz.  He has a amazing story and he survived and so will you

@Greatful

Trying to accept this is very hard for me.  All my instincts say fight, but I can’t fight myself.  That’s why my most recent bought of suicidal thinking scared me so much, because I was really going to try to do it.  Fortunately I looked up what can go wrong and how frequently things go wrong, and that gave me a handhold to pull myself out of it.  I’ve been through withdrawals several times, with horrible symptoms, but it’s always gone away in the past.  I’ve been in bad shape since April, but the terrible anhedonia started when I was in the hospital about a month ago and has been there ever since.  

I don’t know what to blame it on.  It could be protracted Seroquel withdrawal, it could be protracted weed withdrawal from when I stopped that in early May, or it could be the rapid succession of vraylar, haldol, latuda and Prozac I had in and immediately after the hospital.  I suspect adverse reactions to vraylar and haldol, though I only took 2 doses of vraylar and about 3 of haldol, but they made me feel awful.  Or, it could be the seroquel and trazodone I still take, or some combination of these.

Does it make much sense to continue to wrack my brain over this?  I’m stuck here and the only way out is to go through.

• Mentor

@Orbet I know the suicidal thinking is there.  I have had it to.  It is scary to have that thought hanging around.  I hope you get a little brake so you can recharge.  It is also a symptom of wd.  

Here is something for you to read.  It is about a women what she went through getting off of benzos.  This also pertains to and drugs that change your.  Click on the title and it should open.  I found it fascinating and I can relate to it.  It also helps remind me how the brain is healing

brain

14 minutes ago, Greatful said:

@Orbet I know the suicidal thinking is there.  I have had it to.  It is scary to have that thought hanging around.  I hope you get a little brake so you can recharge.  It is also a symptom of wd.  

Here is something for you to read.  It is about a women what she went through getting off of benzos.  This also pertains to and drugs that change your.  Click on the title and it should open.  I found it fascinating and I can relate to it.  It also helps remind me how the brain is healing

brain

Thanks.  I will check it out.  I’ve been through benzo withdrawal and it was no fun.  My doctor now won’t give me benzos, but it’s just as well.

Hi Orbet,

Benedryl always made Me very anxious so I thought to look it up in the drug checker and it has interactions with all 3 meds.

Sine it is not addictive for many people, it may be something to discuss with your doctor about cutting out if possible to see if its helpful.

Sometimes things we can take when we are stable can become problematic for a time when we are destabilized.

Once we are feeling better we can sometimes re start them, especially if it was interacting with a med we are no longer taking.

Hope You start to feel better soon!

Moderate

diphenhydrAMINE  QUEtiapine

Applies to: Benadryl (diphenhydramine), Seroquel (quetiapine)

Before using QUEtiapine, tell your doctor if you are also on diphenhydrAMINE. You may need dose adjustments or special tests in order to safely use both medications together. You should notify your doctor if you have signs of bladder problems, dry mouth, stomach pain, fever, blurred vision, confusion, dizziness, or reduced heart rate. You should avoid driving until you know how these medications will affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using your medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

diphenhydrAMINE  traZODone

Applies to: Benadryl (diphenhydramine), trazodone

Using diphenhydrAMINE together with traZODone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

diphenhydrAMINE  hydrOXYzine

Applies to: Benadryl (diphenhydramine), hydroxyzine

Using diphenhydrAMINE together with hydrOXYzine may increase side effects such as drowsiness, blurred vision, dry mouth, heat intolerance, flushing, decreased sweating, difficulty urinating, abdominal cramping, constipation, irregular heartbeat, confusion, and memory problems. Side effects may be more likely to occur in the elderly or those with a debilitating condition. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, Orbet said:

12:00 pm:  get up, take 100 mg hydroxyzine.

Always anxious but no energy

2:00 usually lie back down, don’t sleep, try to fight off earworms and unwanted memories that constantly intrude,

5-6 get up again, take hydroxyzine 100 mg

6-7 eat whatever’s available for supper

7-12am, shower and look at stuff on this site and elsewhere on the internet

12-12:30 am read then go to sleep, usually waking up several times to go to the bathroom

anxiety usually backs off a little bit sometime after supper and before bed.

The anhedonia and avolition last all day.  It’s torment.   I feel like such a worthless slug but its so hard to do anything.  Even taking a shower is a major chore.  I just have enough discipline to make sure I eat and shower.

I can’t keep going this way.  I have to get back to work soon.

Thanks for posting your journal, Orbet. It looks like you left off some of your drugs - trazodone and Seroquel. You also mentioned taking Benadryl, but didn't include that in your journal. Please include all of your drugs in your journal. 

You're taking a lot of hydroxyzine throughout the day - please note that fatigue and drowsiness are side effects of this drug. 

Questions:

• Is dinner the only meal you're eating? 
  • When did you start taking hydroxyzine and Benadryl? 
  • You mentioned being on benzos before. When was that? Please list the months and years. 

11:00 am got up

12:00 pm took hydroxyzine 100 mg

2-5 pm laid down, try to avoid anxiety 

6:00 took hydroxyzine 100 mg

7-12:00 am eat, shower 

12:00 took seroquel 100 mg, trazodone 150 mg, Benadryl 50 mg, go to bed at 12:30

anhedonia and avolition all day, anxiety decreased after supper, felt a little better before bed.

@Shep

I did another journal for yesterday.  Colonial pointed out that the Benadryl I’m taking has interactions with all three prescriptions.  Should I cut it out?  I’m especially worried about the urinary and digestive problems it can cause.  How about if I take 25 mg instead of 50?  Or I could take 100 mg of hydroxyzine, although the hydroxyzine does very little as far as I can tell.  I’ve been taking Benadryl to sleep for years.  

• Administrator

Hello, @Orbet

When did you start hydroxyzine? If you're not feeling any effects from it, why are you still taking it?

Do you have urinary and digestive problems that might be associated with Benadryl? Does Benadryl help you sleep? If so, why are you taking Seroquel 100mg and trazodone 150mg together at night?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi @Altostrata

I got put on the hydroxyzine the last time I was in the hospital, discharged 5/31.  If it does anything for my anxiety, it’s very hard to tell.  I’ve been on and off of it in the past and never felt like it helped much.  

I guess I’m on the seroquel and trazodone because that’s what I was prescribed.  I was on 200 mg of Seroquel for about a month until mid May when the doctor cut it to 100.  I was on 100 mg of Trazodone until it was increased to 150 by the hospital doctor in early May and continued by my shrink.

Ive been taking the Benadryl for a long time, except when hospitalized and one night I just didn’t take any.  It seems to help with sleep.  I don’t know if it’s causing the urinary and digestive issues or if those come from other meds or an interaction of meds.  Now, I asked the doctor to taper me on seroquel, so he cut me to 50 mg.  I have enough 100 mg for two months.  I don’t think another 50 % cut is a good idea.

• Administrator

For what reason were you hospitalized, ending May 31?

You've got a long history of being on psychiatric drugs. Very often, the drugs themselves cause emotional anesthesia and demotivation. It's how they "work". Going on and off drugs can do this, too.

If go to the hospital for this, usually they will give you more drugs, which perpetuate the problem. Your nervous system wants a rest from drugs.

How did you feel after your decrease from 200mg Seroquel to 100mg? How did your symptom pattern change?

What does the anxiety feel like? When is it at its peak? Please post notes 24 hours at a time, indicating when symptoms start, when they're most severe, and when they go away.

On 6/27/2021 at 5:21 PM, Orbet said:

I went back in early May, then was ok for a little while taking klonopin .5 mg x 3.

This was May 2021? How long did you take Klonopin like this? When and how did you stop? 

What are the urinary and digestive symptoms and when did they start?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

15 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

For what reason were you hospitalized, ending May 31?

You've got a long history of being on psychiatric drugs. Very often, the drugs themselves cause emotional anesthesia and demotivation. It's how they "work". Going on and off drugs can do this, too.

If go to the hospital for this, usually they will give you more drugs, which perpetuate the problem. Your nervous system wants a rest from drugs.

How did you feel after your decrease from 200mg Seroquel to 100mg? How did your symptom pattern change?

What does the anxiety feel like? When is it at its peak? Please post notes 24 hours at a time, indicating when symptoms start, when they're most severe, and when they go away.

This was May 2021? How long did you take Klonopin like this? When and how did you stop? 

What are the urinary and digestive symptoms and when did they start?

@altostrata 

I was hospitalized for bad suicidal thoughts.  I had three hospitalizations this spring, one in April, a second in early May and a third in the last week of May.  I didn’t think the seroquel cut had much effect at the time, but I’ve learned from this site that it can take some time for wd to manifest.  I took klonopin during my second hospitalization in early May and then for a week afterward.  All I can remember for sure is that I was relatively ok for a week or so when on the klonopin and 200 mg Seroquel, both of which stopped at about the same time.  It’s hard for me to keep track of the chronology.  But, I became suicidal and went in the hospital for the third time.

The digestive issues started with constipation and difficulty urinating about the time I increased seroquel to 200 mg in early April.  Since getting out of the hospital on May 31, I’ve had problems with gas and diarrhea plus uncomfortable urination, though not usually that bad.

The anxiety is a disorienting kind that usually manifests most in the daytime, especially the afternoons.  It usually seems to let up a little bit after supper.

@altostrata

@Shep

Please forgive me if I’m bothering or annoying you.  I don’t mean to.  I feel like I’ve been butchered by psych meds. I got out the first time with basically nothing but my life in 2011-12.  I swore they’d never get their hooks in me again, but they did when anxiety about the covid epidemic landed me in the hospital in March of 2020.  After failing on latuda I was on sertraline until I thought I was getting serotonin syndrome and stopped.  I was kept on Trazodone and Seroquel continuing through the present.  I have to believe that I can get out of this one more time.  Do you think I can or is it hopeless? How did I end up with this terrible anhedonia and avolition?  Could all the hydroxyzine I’ve been taking be contributing?  I only took 100 mg today. Should I take the other 100 I usually take? 

• Mentor

@Orbet   The names were not highlighted. I'm not sure they will be notified of your post. 

Hang in there, they will get back to you. 

@Greatful

Huh.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I don’t know why it didn’t highlight, but I’m in learning mode.  Should I quote the post and try their names again?

@Greatful

Also I don’t want to pester them.  I’m really thankful for the attention, though.  I really appreciate you helping me out.

• Mentor

@Orbet You could wait a little bit or tag them