Orbet: First post

Orbet

@Shep

Thanks, Shep.  I feel like I ought to be able to get off hydroxyzine relatively easily.  I’ve only been on it for about a month taking 200 mg per day.  They wanted me to take 300 per day but I never did.  I can’t discount the effects of taking latuda-vraylar-haldol-Prozac all within a week of each other.  They tried to put me on cogentin as well.  I’m just guessing, but I think it was the vraylar (bad reaction) and haldol (bad reaction) that caused this awful anhedonia and avolition.  But the hydroxyzine is probably having more effect than I think.  I don’t know what the best way to cut it as I have it as 100 mg capsules.  I wish they gave me the 25 mg capsules instead.

Introduction: Orbet: First post

on numerous psych meds going back to 2003

2020 sertaline for a few months, tried latuda for about a week, ct sertaline over concerns about serotonin syndrome

seroquel 100 and trazodone 50 continuing through 

2021 April seroquel increased to 200 mg, Trazodone increased to 100 mg,  a few days latuda before I stopped taking it.also, took low doses of haldol left over from an old script ending in April. May 2021

Doctor cut seroquel from 200 mg to 100 mg

trazodone raised from 100 mg to 150 mg

became suicidal, hospitalized for 6th time in two years

tried on vraylar, 2 days, haldol, 3 days, sent home, took latuda a couple of days,put on Prozac but stopped after two days due to heightened anxiety. Currently on: seroquel 100 mg, trazodone 150 mg, and Benadryl 50 mg at 12:00 am nightly, and hydroxyzine 100 mg x 3 I only take twice daily at 12:00 Pm and 6 pm.

22 hours ago, Greatful said:

@Orbet Hi Happy 4th.  I get weakness in my arms and legs.  These WD symptoms are really crazy. 

No your brain is not damaged.  It must be a WD symptom.  I have been trying to convince another member the same thing.  I know how easy it is to go down that rabbit hole when our brains are not thinking clearly.  

Do you get outside at all?  Go for a slow walk.  Do you have a friend in the area that you can talk to?  

Try to find little things to distract you so you don't spend so much ruminating.

Be kind to yourself😊

Thanks, Greatful.  I’ve been really stuck in a rut since getting out of the hospital on May 31.  I seldom leave the house, just going out once or twice a week for short distances.  I go outside when I smoke cigarettes, but that’s about it for going outside.  I’m going to work on all this.

2020 sertaline for a few months, tried latuda for about a week, ct sertaline over concerns about serotonin syndrome

2021 April seroquel increased to 200 mg, Trazodone increased to 100 mg,  a few days latuda before I stopped taking it.also, took low doses of haldol left over from an old script ending in April. May 2021

tried on vraylar, 2 days, haldol, 3 days, sent home, took latuda a couple of days,put on Prozac but stopped after two days due to heightened anxiety. Currently on: seroquel 100 mg, trazodone 150 mg, and Benadryl 50 mg at 12:00 am nightly, and hydroxyzine 100 mg x 3 I only take twice daily at 12:00 Pm and 6 pm.

July 4 2021

11:00 am got out of bed, took 100 mg hydroxyzine 

felt the usual anxiety and weakness, no motivation 

2:00 went to bed and stayed not sleeping until about 4:00.  

4:00 had a snack.

6:00 took hydroxyzine 100 mg

6:30 ate supper

felt some anxiety and weakness all evening 

8:30 took a shower

occupied myself until 

12:30 am, took seroquel 100 mg, trazodone 150 mg, Benadryl 50 mg, went to bed, didn’t feel particularly sleepy, went to sleep sometime after 1:30

8:00 am, woke up, stayed in bed until about 11:00 am, got up and did basically the same thing that day.

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, Orbet said:

I don’t know what the best way to cut it as I have it as 100 mg capsules.  I wish they gave me the 25 mg capsules instead.

Are you able to work with your doctor to get 25 mg capsules? 

Please see:

Using a scale to weigh and measure doses

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

I feel like I ought to be able to get off hydroxyzine relatively easily.  I’ve only been on it for about a month taking 200 mg per day.

Since you've only been on it a month, you may get away with a faster taper, even 25% to start, especially since you're already taking a number of other sedating drugs and it looks like over-sedation and paradoxical reactions are more at play here. 

Hydroxyzine has a half-life of about 20 hours, so you could remove it from either dose and not risk much interdose withdrawal. Which dose do you think is causing more problems, the 11 AM dose or the 6 PM dose? If you were to take 75 mg in the morning, do you think you might get up, eat breakfast, and get some things done? 

July 5 2021

12:00 pm got up and took hydroxyzine 100 mg

2:00 went back to bed, lay there until 5:00, got up and had a snack

6:00 took hydroxyzine 100 mg, ate supper

8:00 took a shower

12:00 am took seroquel 100 mg, trazodone 150 mg, Benadryl 50 mg, went to bed, fell asleep around 1:30

8:00 woke up, went back to bed until 11:30

I dream a lot when sleeping.  Is that a good sign?  Today I didn’t take hydroxyzine until 5:00.  I seemed about the same or maybe a little more anxious, and definitely felt more anxious and wired after I took it.  Is that withdrawal or a paradoxical reaction?  I may take another hydroxyzine around 9 or 10 tonight, but I don’t want to.  Just afraid of withdrawal.  It’s pretty apparent that I’ve underestimated the effects of this stuff, and I want it gone.  If it’s supposed to relax me but instead wires me up, that’s probably paradoxical, right?

@Shep  

Thank you so much for the suggestions.  I missed the train on getting 25 mg pills and am stuck with a pile of 100 mg.  I can’t really afford to order a scale right now and won’t be unless or until I can get back to work, I think, so I’m a bit limited until I can get one.  I’m pretty daunted by the whole liquid process and will have to give it careful consideration.  I don’t presently have the equipment to do that and will have to see if I can get it and for how much, etc.

• Moderator Emeritus
12 hours ago, Orbet said:

Today I didn’t take hydroxyzine until 5:00.  I seemed about the same or maybe a little more anxious, and definitely felt more anxious and wired after I took it.  Is that withdrawal or a paradoxical reaction?  I may take another hydroxyzine around 9 or 10 tonight, but I don’t want to.

Please stop playing around with your drugs. It's important to take them at the same time every day. 

Are you ready to make a reduction? 

If it’s supposed to relax me but instead wires me up, that’s probably paradoxical, right?

Yes, that's a really good definition of paradoxical - wired, not relaxed - due to all of these sedatives causing your brain to fight to stay awake, alert instead of relaxed.

I can’t really afford to order a scale right now and won’t be unless or until I can get back to work, I think, so I’m a bit limited until I can get one.  I’m pretty daunted by the whole liquid process and will have to give it careful consideration.  I don’t presently have the equipment to do that and will have to see if I can get it and for how much, etc.

Don't be daunted by the whole liquid process. Once you get into it, you'll find there's really nothing to it and you'll be a pro in no time. All you need for liquid is water and a measuring cup with milliliters on it. Some sports bottles have milliliter marks. And if you're aren't able to get a syringe for free from your local pharmacy, here's a workaround from the thread Using an oral syringe and other tapering techniques:

On 7/19/2011 at 5:08 PM, alexjuice said:

I used a disposable straw as a pipette since I could not find pipettes for sale anywhere except in bulk. I would submerge a bit of the straw in the suspension (well agitated) and create a vacuum by covering the tip w/ finger. Lift straw, swivel, hold over empty cup, lift finger... fluid drops out. Worked fine. And straws are free at any McDonalds around the world.

So there are many low-cost ways of doing it. The goal is to be as consistent as you can, using the same method each time. 

Although since you're only been on the hydroxyzine for a month, you could reduce either the morning or afternoon dose by 25% simply by quartering one of the capsules and eyeballing it. It's not as precise, but with these types of rapid reductions within the context of the massive amounts of sedatives you're taking, the pros may outweigh the cons. However you reduce this drug, it will likely reduce the over-drugged and paradoxical effects you're getting and benefit you more than continuing at your current dose. 

July 6 2021

Same as July 5 except I took hydroxyzine 100 mg at 5:00 pm and 9:00 pm.  Everything else was basically the same.  I’m really feeling the Groundhog Day thing.  My life is just passing by while I hide from it all beat up by anhedonia and avolition.  

I did go out to the pharmacy and later to a restaurant to get me and dad something to eat.  It felt like an ordeal but I did it.

Thanks @Shep

I broke open my second hydroxyzine capsule this evening and poured out what I reckoned to be about 25%.  I don’t know how accurate it was, but I really want to get off this stuff.  It’s doing nothing for my anxiety, it just makes me feel bad and weak.  I was still very anxious this afternoon despite taking a full 100 mg this morning.  I’m going to see if taking the reduced amount changes anything.  I’m definitely overdrugged from taking 200 mg of this stuff per day.   I’m so tired of this Groundhog Day thing day after day.  

The anhedonia and avolition thing continues,  but my mind seems a bit more active today, albeit very anxious.  

• Mentor

@Orbet Hi,  Lets hope the decrease in hydroxyzine will help you out.  Give you a little bit more energy.  I'm glad you spending time with your dad.  Does he live with you?  I was worried you didn't have any support.  Did you eat at the restaurant or pick up?  I know how over whelming it is to go out in the public or even just leave the house.  You did good.  Now we got to see if you can spend sometime outside relaxing in a chair...

Take care

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

@Greatful

Hey, there.  I’m going to try reducing the hydroxyzine by as close to 25% as I can estimate tomorrow.  I live with my aging parents plus my sister and her two kids.  It’s been a little crowded since they moved in.  I moved up after my big breakdown in 2010-11, the first time I was subjected to psychiatry and lost my career and marriage.  All this time I did better, working, etc, but never really recovered.  I had another breakdown in March 2020, got hospitalized 3 times that year, then did ok until last April when I became sick and suicidal and got hospitalized three more times.  Since the last time ending May 31, I’m not very suicidal but have suffered bad anhedonia and avolition, weakness and general inability to do anything.  I feel like it’s lightened up a tiny little bit, but I really need to shake this so I can get back to work.  I don’t know how much the hydroxyzine is contributing, but I feel like it should be relatively easy to get off it.  It doesn’t seem to really help the anxiety, and may be contributing to it.  Fun times.  I just want to get back to “normal” and have regular feelings again.

• Moderator Emeritus

I broke open my second hydroxyzine capsule this evening and poured out what I reckoned to be about 25%.  I don’t know how accurate it was, but I really want to get off this stuff.  It’s doing nothing for my anxiety, it just makes me feel bad and weak.  I was still very anxious this afternoon despite taking a full 100 mg this morning. 

Sounds like a good plan. Please continue posting your daily notes, 24 hours at a time, to let us know how you're doing as you reduce. It takes about 4 days for your nervous system to recognize a change, so over the next few days, hopefully some of what looks to be paradoxical reactions, as well as over-sedation, will be reduced and you'll have more energy and less anxiety during the day.

Hey, @Shep, how are you doing?

i opened up a hydroxyzine capsule this morning and tried to reduce about 25%.  But I wussed out and took a whole 100 mg pill this evening.  I hope that’s ok.  I was very anxious this afternoon and thought taking a whole one would help, although I can’t say that this stuff does much for anxiety, but maybe it sedates me so I don’t notice as much.  I will try to reduce both doses tomorrow.  The funny thing is that they want me to take it 3 times a day, which I stopped doing as soon as I got out of the hospital.  I’m trying not to psych myself into making this worse, but my mind is very good at going rogue.

July 8 2021

11:00 am got up, took about 75 mg hydroxyzine 

1:00 pm laid in bed not sleeping until 

4:00 got up, had a snack

5:00 took 100 mg hydroxyzine, ate snack

7:00 ate supper

8:30 took a shower 

12:00 am took 100 mg seroquel, 150 mg trazodone, 50 mg Benadryl

12:30 went to bed fell asleep around 1:30 am

8:00 am woke up, stayed in bed until about 11:00 am, got up.

bothered by anxiety all day, anhedonia seems to have lessened a small bit, nearly imperceptible, but experienced a sneeze, a laugh and a yawn, still can’t cry or listen to music.  I hope to god I’m coming out of this.  I’ll take anxiety if I can just get back to something like normal emotions.  I’m probably just fooling myself, but I have to believe that I will get better at some point.

• Mentor

@Orbet  Hey that is a good sign, a laugh,  I'll take it.  I am very relieve you are not alone.  I was worried that you lived alone and didn't have any support.  Now for the next step get a lounge chair, set it in the shade, get outside and hear nature. If your tired that a nap. Maybe a little walk down the road. 

Hang in there😁

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

@Greatful

Hey, there, thanks for writing.  My mom is after me to get the weeds out of the bushes, so I got out the clippers and cut a few this afternoon.  It was a bit of an ordeal, as I have a lot of back pain and even aside from that it’s so hard to make myself do anything.  I think it’s good to ease myself into it and try doing more things.  My beloved kids are coming for a visit in a couple of weeks, and I’m really hoping for some improvement by then.

• Mentor

@Orbet  I am so glad that you will see your kids.  Do you mind if I ask how old they are?

You really  have something to look forward too, awesome.  Looks like you have some very good help guiding you through this.  You will be laughing, you will feel joy before you know it🙃

@Greatful

Sure, they are 17 and 15.  My love for them is one thing the anhedonia couldn’t kill, even though there have been days I couldn’t talk to them.  I guess I should say emotional anesthesia instead of anhedonia.  I still feel terrible, but at least some feelings get through.  I’m really scared that when I taper the trazodone and seroquel that it’s going to get worse.

Lately I’ve been having a lot of muscle soreness, aches and pains and weakness.  Could my drugs have something to do with this?  I’m pretty concerned that there could be something seriously wrong with me, but I don’t even have a GP to go too, just my shrink and therapist.  I’ve been trying to clip some weeds around our house and my muscles are so sore.  I just don’t know what to do.  I really need to find a job and get back to work but I can’t even stay out of bed all day.  Took a vitamin D3 today, then read where it keeps some people from sleeping so now I’m all paranoid about that.  Let’s just assume it won’t do that to me.  Still trying to decrease hydroxyzine with no success.  I still fear that the covid vaccine basically ruined me and there’s nothing I can do.  I’m trying to get that out of my head.  I can tell that my anhedonia has improved a little bit, so that’s a good thing.  So, given my recent drug history, could this be my drugs doing this to me?

I just feel so awful.  Am I having withdrawals from cutting seroquel from 200 to 100 milligrams back in May?  Am I having prolonged adverse reactions from getting dive bombed by vraylar, haldol and latuda?  It may seem perverse, but I really want to hear a rational explanation for all this, even if it’s drug related, rather than have it be a big mystery.  Would anybody care to take a shot at it?

• Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, Orbet said:

Took a vitamin D3 today, then read where it keeps some people from sleeping so now I’m all paranoid about that.  Let’s just assume it won’t do that to me.  Still trying to decrease hydroxyzine with no success.

Please stop the vitamin D3. It's going to be impossible to know if the hydroxyzine decrease is helpful if you're adding in stimulating vitamins. Please see:

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

It takes about 4 days for your nervous system to recognize a change and several weeks for your nervous system to adjust, although it may not take quite so long if the reductions reduce paradoxical and over-sedation symptoms. 

9 hours ago, Orbet said:

It may seem perverse, but I really want to hear a rational explanation for all this, even if it’s drug related, rather than have it be a big mystery.  Would anybody care to take a shot at it?

Please re-read your thread. Paradoxical reactions and over-sedation have been mentioned many times. After you've done that, instead of continuing to ruminate and worry, it's time to change the channel. 

"Change the channel" - dealing with cognitive symptoms

That will keep you from going down into emotional spirals. 

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

If you wish to continue to receive moderator feedback as you reduce your drug, please post your daily notes. 

• Mentor

@Orbet  Hey there.  Hang in there. 

Lately I’ve been having a lot of muscle soreness, aches and pains and weakness.  Could my drugs have something to do with this?

I get weakness in my arms and legs.  On day my legs felt heavy and slow to move.  My guess (I am not a doctor) is that you are having WD symptoms.

I’ve been trying to clip some weeds around our house and my muscles are so sore.  I just don’t know what to do.  I really need to find a job and get back to work but I can’t even stay out of bed all day.

Yes you can get out of bed.  Even is you are sore and weak it is important that you move a little bit.  If manual labor is hard, you can still go for a short walk. (I know you can).  Then when you are done with your walk you get a chair of some sort or a blanket and sit outside (or lay down).  Take your computer with you and look for positive things to read on SA(success stories) or take a nap, meditate, listen to nature. Play games on a tablet. You are stronger than you think.  You  will need to dig down deep and decide what you want and go towards it one day at a time.  There are tons of self help things on you tube,  find something that appeals to you.  Be it speakers on meditation, how to change your neg thought, how to help grow your self-esteem.  I know it is over whelming try to find a place to start, take baby steps. 

Go watch Michael  Priebe on You tube   The lovely grind.  He is/has recovered from Paxil and xanax.  Short but encouraging segments. He has several.

Some people like  Eckhart Tolle.  

I can tell that my anhedonia has improved a little bit, so that’s a good thing.

Here is a very positive improvement. I know, really I know how slow it can take.  Patience, time and self-care is what is going to keep us moving forward.

You made it through yesterday, you will make it through today and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

I'm right there with you🙃

Please take that step to finding your way out of your pain.  I know you can do it.  I know deep down, you know you can too

PS Let me know what you think of Michael Priebe   The lovely grind series.

July 11 2021

11:00 am got up, took 100 mg hydroxyzine 

12:00 pm went to the pharmacy, having a lot of pain especially in my lower back

1:00 laid down, didn’t sleep but had a hypnic jerk

3:20 got up, back pain not as bad

4:00 ate a snack

5:00 took 100 mg hydroxyzine 

6:00 ate supper

9:30 talked to my kids

12:00 took 100 mg seroquel, 150 mg trazodone, 50 mg Benadryl 

went to bed

6:00 am woke up, went back to bed

11:00 got up, second verse same as the first

I went back up to 100 mg hydroxyzine because I thought anxiety was worse. Actually I think it’s about the same, so I’ll try again.  Still feeling muscle pain and weakness, slight tremor with anxiety.  

@Greatful

thank you so much for your encouragement.  I’m about done with going back to bed in the afternoon.  The anhedonia keeps bothering me, I just don’t think it’s as bad as what I’ve read other people experienced.  I still have an internal dialogue and I’m not totally unemotional but I still can’t listen to music or cry or feel like my complete self.  It’s just not as severe as it was a month ago.

It sure looks like I’m going through wd or adverse effects or some combination, based on the other people’s experiences I’ve been reading.  The muscle weakness plus agitation I’m having to day is particularly bad.  I think it’s more than paradoxical reactions.  

• Mentor

@Orbet

Try and stay into today.  What can you do today to pass the day.  We all have symptoms.  I have some fear, anxiety, depression and  ocd that I have to accept.  Some days it is very tiering. I know what it feels like to feel trapped.  But you have to move forward, that is the only choice.  We do have a choice on how we are going to get through it.  

Try not get caught up in your thoughts.  They are not healthy right now.  Remind yourself that they  are just thoughts and they can not hurt you.  If you fight the thoughts it will make your anxiety go up and you will get caught a trap.  Let the thoughts come, acknowledge them  then distract yourself with something,  refocus on what you are doing or move, look at something.  

Try to accept what ever you symptoms you are having today. 

A very intuitive member discovered this in her journey to healing.

"I found it was my reaction to my symptoms and not my symptoms that were causing my suffering."

Did you go to you check out you tube?  Listen to Claire Weeks. (I have her book "Hope and help for your nerves) She can walk you through managing anxiety

Hang in there, you got this💪

• Moderator Emeritus
15 hours ago, Orbet said:

I went back up to 100 mg hydroxyzine because I thought anxiety was worse. Actually I think it’s about the same, so I’ll try again.

Please be consistent with your drugs. The reason for the advice to taper 25% was because you've only been on this drug for a month and because you're on a cocktail full of sedating drugs. If you wait too long to reduce, you'll likely need to go with the 10% reduction that's normally advised. This is because once you're dependent on the drug, the withdrawal symptoms may outweigh the benefit of reducing the paradoxical and over-sedation symptoms. There's really no way to know, but going up and down is going to traumatize your nervous system unnecessarily. 

So please pick and game plan and stick to it. Either (1) reduce by 25% and weather any upticks in symptoms with non-drug coping or (2) stay on the full amount of these drugs until you're stable enough to start a 10% reduction. 

15 hours ago, Orbet said:

4:00 ate a snack

Is 4 PM the earliest you ate? If so, some of that anxiety may be from low blood sugar or dehydration if you're also not drinking water throughout the day. 

13 hours ago, Greatful said:

Try not get caught up in your thoughts.  They are not healthy right now.  Remind yourself that they  are just thoughts and they can not hurt you.  If you fight the thoughts it will make your anxiety go up and you will get caught a trap.  Let the thoughts come, acknowledge them  then distract yourself with something,  refocus on what you are doing or move, look at something.  

Try to accept what ever you symptoms you are having today. 

Excellent advice from Greatful! 

Acceptance really is key, along with a lot of distractions. 

July 13 2021

11:00 am got up, took 75 mg hydroxyzine 

1:00 went to therapy appointment 

2:00 had sandwich for lunch

3:00 laid down for a while

6:00 took 100 mg hydroxyzine 

went to bed, woke up a couple of times but went back to bed and stayed until about 11:00 am.

I figured I would cut the morning hydroxyzine for a few days and then cut both doses.  I’ve also been taking ibuprofen for low back and abdominal pain that I’ve been having real bad.  I think it started when I picked up a package the wrong way a few weeks ago, but I don’t know why it’s so bad now.  Possibly straining for bowel movements due to some constipation I’ve had.  

• Mentor

@Orbet

59 minutes ago, Orbet said:

therapy appointment 

Awesome,  I see a therapist.  I hope that he/she is helping.  One thing I had to learn is they are only able to help you by teaching tools but the work really has to come from you.  

Were you able to get outside for a walk or a sit.

I think you need to eat some more.  I general don't have a appetite and even have some nausea but I force myself to eat something. 

When are your kids coming?  That is something to look forward to😁

@Greatful

Hey, there.  I have periods when I just don’t have much appetite, but I’m trying to eat more frequently.  When it’s bad I have to force myself to eat.  I have been able to get outside several times a day.  The kids will be here next Thursday, so that’s really good.  I’ve been talking to them every day, and I sure do miss them.  I’m going to try to make therapy work for me this time.  She seems very nice.  I hope you’re doing well today.  I’m being tormented by low back/hip pain, but I’ve had worse.

• Mentor

Awesome😊

• Moderator Emeritus

July 13 2021

11:00 am got up, took 75 mg hydroxyzine 

1:00 went to therapy appointment 

2:00 had sandwich for lunch

3:00 laid down for a while

6:00 took 100 mg hydroxyzine 

went to bed, woke up a couple of times but went back to bed and stayed until about 11:00 am.

Please include any upticks (or down-ticks) in symptoms you're having throughout the day. Also please include when you take any OTC drugs such as ibuprofen.

The reason we really need the specifics of your symptoms is to (1) see if the reduction in hydrozyine is helpful and (2) to see if some of your symptoms may be from the trazodone. Trazodone is a very odd drug in the way it works. For more, see the first post in the Tips for tapering off trazodone (Desyrel), paying attention to the parts on Trazodone's evil byproduct, mCPP

Some of your daytime symptoms may be the effect of Trazodone's mCPP that kick in the following day. 

So after reducing the hydroxyzine enough to dial back the over-sedation, you may want to target a reduction in the trazodone. So it will be very helpful to note any changes in symptoms in your daily and drug and symptoms journal in order to guide your next tapering steps. 

• Mentor

@Orbet  Aw man I looked up the info on Trazodone.  It made me angry with my Doctor again.  He hands this stuff out like candy.  Yea you can stop and yea you can go up or down how you want.  Now I have to get off this too.😡  Who know it might be causing some of my nausea and anxiety.  Okay that's my rant‼️

How are you doing?  Eating a little more I hope.  

How is the drop in Hydroxyzine going.  Remember slow but steady.

Kids come are going soon.  Something to look forward to and help get through the next few days.

• Mentor

@Orbet  How are you doing?  

Hey, sorry, haven’t felt much like writing.  Anxiety is pretty bad. Digging through old papers in the basement bummed me out.  Wreckage of my former life.  Well, I need to sort through it to help my brother’s clean out project.  More later.  I hope you’re doing well.

• Mentor

@Orbet  I want to say have fun with your kid tomorrow😊  Let me know how it goes......