SchrodingerAlive Recovered from Fluoxetine after 1 year of fight !

SchrodingerAlive

Disclaimer :This is my first post on SA & I'm not english native i'm from France. So please be kind regarding my english :)

First of all,  I would like to express my deep gratitude to all women & men who are serving as admins for this excellent website. It is a gem, an awesome resource for lost souls like i used to call myself. Many of you became like friends of mine thru this past awful year. So thank you !

My story began one day of June 2018 at the restaurant. I was enjoying my diner and suddenly I was hit by a severe panic attack. I did not know about it back then. Anyways, It was like shortness of breathe, vertigo, needles in hands and severe palpitations. I thought it was my last day  !  I was rushed to home since my wife believed i was only panicking out of nothing. I'm hypochondriac & very anxious about everything. But heh, I was never hit by a panic attack before.

Long story short, I since started suffering from shortness of breathe. They are just awful. I visited my GP and gave me Alprazolam (Xanax). Honestly it saved me. I just start to function again and i was able to travel that summer of 2018. After 2 weeks, my GP advised me to stop it. I did. Everything was then fine until mid-sept 2018. And bammmm again I was hit by another panic attack at the dentist.

And since that day, I felt fragile I could not drive, I could not do anything. I was just waiting for the next panic wave.  I could not think about anything. Just scared to go outside. The GP advised a psychologist. And I started a therapy by November 2018. Honestly It did not work. My panic attacks were so severe and especially out of nowhere which scared me more.  A vicious circle. I was really pissed off because I have a great job (i'm running a software company), great hobbies (i'm studying maths & quantum physics) and great family. So why the heck i'm getting those panic attacks ???

By Feb 2019, my GP concluded that my mental is so tough and I need something. He then put me on Fluoxetine 20 mg. After few weeks (of nausea), it worked. I was functioning again. My life was back to normal. No more nothing. Where are my panic attacks ? they are gone :) I felt great.

By Oct 2019, the GP advised to start reducing the 20mg dose. So i start taking 10mg everyday for 2 weeks, then 10mg every day .. then every 2 days ... In fact, I was tapering very very fast. Because I never knew about tapering and GP never talked about the post-withdrawal thing.

Dec 2019, I was driving .. and suddenly for the first time I felt not good. Like an anxiety slapping me :). Woow I was surprised.  Then by Feb 2020, I start having stomach pain, then nausea then mild anxiety  ... it was like this until I stopped taking the last 5 mg by july 2020. Then the big ride began.

I was like going crazy. I start to feel dizzy some days, then panic attacks then like i'm going to faint some other days ... And seriously it goes like that for weeks and weeks.

Until I found this site by Oct 2020. And then I was relieved to read that i was not alone. I was in fact into waves. I rarely had a window. Every day since Feb 2020 I was in bad shape. I cant even count how many times I felt like i'm going to faint or how many times I jumped from the bed because of palpitations, ectopics, heart skipping the beat.  I cant even tell you how many hours i spent behind this website to learn & find solutions ... Mostly they did not work. I had to go through this post acute withdrawal or what ever hell you call it.

Basically I was plagued by all kind of stuff during this year and those symptoms come and go in a different pace and frequency.

Today is my 1 year mark (last dose 17 July 2020), and I can tell you i'm feeling great again. I can drink some beers without feeling like i'm dying. I can run, I can eat every thing  without feeling palpitations and bowel issues .. So today, I'm feeling 98% AWESOME :) No more fatigue, no more jelly legs, no more itching or needles in legs arms. I have resumed reading my physics books (except some blurry vision) and my mind is now clear. I can think again & have meetings with my customers without running away pretending that my home bell is ringing ( you guys know of course it is not the bell but panic attack)

So you guys there .. believe me you will heal. Just hang on there. Do believe in your body resilience. It will go with time. Trust me, this whole year was a nightware. But at 10 months mark I was start feeling a little ok (except some ectopics heartbeats. My GP said it is stress. But I know it is my mind & body fighting what's left from that poison called fluoxetine)

Feel free to ask me question, i'll be happy to motivate & help !

May the Universe Bless You

• Altostrata changed the title to SchrodingerAlive Recovered from Fluoxetine after 1 year of fight !
  • Administrator

Thanks very much for this Success Story, @SchrodingerAlive

On 7/15/2021 at 9:10 AM, SchrodingerAlive said:

I cant even tell you how many hours i spent behind this website to learn & find solutions ... Mostly they did not work. I had to go through this post acute withdrawal or what ever hell you call it.

Can you describe what you tried that did not work?

What was it that got you through the waves and windows? How did your symptom pattern change over time? Did you go through a period of withdrawal insomnia? How long did that last, how did it resolve?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I needed this today , thank you @SchrodingerAlive((((hugs))))

2021:  started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

Great news. Always good to hear about success that includes the bumpy part before the breakthrough. I can identify with lots of your experience. Still in the bumpy part but determined to persevere.

blessings galore in this well deserved part of the journey.

•  Various antidepressants since 1995.Prozac,paxil,lexapro, Wellbutrin.
  •  2004-2021 lexapro 10 mg
  •  2009 added drug Wellbutrin 150mg, 2016  bupropian300 mg XL
  • 2019  start taper June bupropion 300 mg. Now resuming micro dose taper.2.3% reduction. At 51.8 mg.Hope to increase reduction. 
  • 2021 January 29 liquid lexapro done by compound pharmacist.
  • 2021 February 4 began  lexapro taper 
  • 2022 April 7 start 10 mg fluoxetine as bridge.
  • hyperbolic taper. Liquid lexapro 6.60, holding. 
  • 2022 April 27 dropped to 5 mg fluoxetine holding.
  • held all taper from March 2023- January 2024
  • working with mark Horowitz, a taper coach, and doing acupuncture and chiropractic work.
  • SUPPLEMENTS- Vit d3, B-12, Magnesium 200 mg, Ashwagandha 475mg, lithium  oratate 5 mg

14 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Thanks very much for this Success Story, @SchrodingerAlive

Can you describe what you tried that did not work?

During the pinnacle of the waves / post-WD symptoms, I tried to follow few hints given by people in this forum. Such as taking magnesium or Omega-3. I know those substances are not harmful. But I was slapped by adverse reactions like : stomach pain & bloating, diarrhea, dizziness. I dont know if those reactions are tied to the substances or just symptoms of WD. Anyway, what worked for me was "not taking anything". I kept my body free from everything.  However, we do all react differently to substances like mag & omega-3.

I also could not handle any exercice. Any exercice would shot my anxiety to the roof and made me very weak. This weakness in muscles & body was really scary.  I felt like my legs could not hold me. They were shaking !! Man that was really scary !

And Coffee was out of question. Any cup will trigger anxiety & awful sensations like going to faint.

Today, I'm taking Magnesium & Omega-3 and they are working AWESOME :)

What was it that got you through the waves and windows? How did your symptom pattern change over time? Did you go through a period of withdrawal insomnia? How long did that last, how did it resolve?

Some will find inner peace in god, religion, meditation or whatever spiritual thing. Unfortunately it does not work for me. I'm atheist. So the spiritual things were not working. I tried to read my physics / math books. They did not work either. My mind could not focus.

To be honest with you, I was just lying in the couch watching all kind of stupid comedy movies trying to hack my mind and deviate it from its thinking pattern. Needless to say, that reading "Success Stories" helped me A LOT. Incredible how the brain felt easy going when i knew it is just a matter of time. Avoiding any negative stuffs helped a lot like : news, covid things, diseases etc etc. I stopped watching TV news (as they are mostly negative). And guess what, I still dont watch TV anxious news. In fact, life is much better without that noise.

Now how things change & how I was feeling those waves.  Let's say a max score of wave is 10.  For few weeks, I  was oscillating between 7 and 10.  Then the next coming months, it was between 5 and 8.  Then for more weeks, between 4 and 7.  Then out of nowhere, level 10 is back for few days. Then oscillating between 3 and 6 and so on.

And suddenly one day you notice : woow that's great there are less violent than 6/7 months ago. And because our brain is an incredible machine, it would align with the local spacetime. I tried many times to mathematically modelize this pattern. But there is NO logical model behind it :)  Our brain is a weird son of the gun complex machine !

Yes, the insomnia was at the beginning. For few months, like 3 our 4 months. I was sleeping good then the next time my brain refused to shutdown. So I tried to make it exhausted by watching something that needed focus at 3am :) And It worked !!! But after few months, insomnia was resolved by stopping taking any excitant : coffee, tea, chocolat and  french biscuits 😢 ... or any things with sugar. 

Dont worry guys, once you are recovered, you can resume your life when it was :)  Now i can go thru a tablet of chocolat and still sleep great. And i'm 47 :)

My worst concern were those adrenal spikes or shoots I felt the mornings and around 7pm / 8pm. I had to run away from dinner table. Because i felt like i was going to pass !! just awful !!!!

bottom line, all those horrendous waves will subside with time. Just put time in your equation and do not try to circumvent the events. They will still occur. And I think it is part of the healing process. I only took the AD less than 1 year for something i could treat differently and i was put in some hellish loop i dont want to wish to my worst enermy !

May the universe bless all of you !

13 hours ago, Phoenixmama said:

I needed this today , thank you @SchrodingerAlive((((hugs))))

Thanks Phoenix. If you are going into a bad day. Trust me, there will be good times. This is a life pattern. The brain cannot be in a gloomy state all the time. It is not up to you. It is life process !

Just let your body & mind heal & stay away from those AD & anxiolytics. Brain functioned without those substances since hundred of thousands of years now.

May the universe bless you !

10 hours ago, benesh said:

Great news. Always good to hear about success that includes the bumpy part before the breakthrough. I can identify with lots of your experience. Still in the bumpy part but determined to persevere.

blessings galore in this well deserved part of the journey.

Thanks a lot. There will be bumpy parts then bumpy then less bumpy then one day .. you will fell like magic.

I just returned back from biking with the kiddo in this nice and sunny day.  1 year before, I was hiding deep in my couch watching stupid movies with nausea and dizziness :) 

So today, i want to share this because unfortunately a lot of people recovered but they stop returning back and posting their story. They just want to move forward. So in our perception, we think only few percentage of people healed, but in fact it is more than we think.  So, please once you are healed, do not forget to come back to share your story. I lived for months reading other's story. I even remembered their handles. Whenever i was in my worse wave i was repeating to myself " Oh, i'm feeling like X or Y and now he is ok, so just hang on there, I will go thru this. It is only my brain playing tricks on me"

May the universe bless you ;)

woke up to all your responese to everyone and its just what i needed to know to get through , i will print them out and read them to stay afloat in my dark waves , thank you for coming back 

feb 25th took my last 10g; feb 26th 5mg; feb 27th 5mg; feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

what was your diet like???

currently taking mag

1 minute ago, Phoenixmama said:

what was your diet like???

Hi Phoenix. Happy to see that my msg are helping you. Trust me i was really feeling good when I was reading about people getting better after months of suffering.

I was mostly eating veggies (tomatoes, avocado, carrots, broccoli ) with olive oil (it will not harm you), grilled salmon, tuna (a lot of tuna), grilled chicken. Sometimes I defied my body and went for hamburgers. It is ok if it is for 1 day / week. Otherwise, it was heavy and made my stomach bloated. And when stomach is bloated, the anxiety rises. There is somehow a big connection between stomach & brain. They call it :  the second brain. .

I will be honest with you that here in France sometimes I had to drink some wine :) . But the next day i was paying the price high: intense headaches, weakness, a low blood pressure sensation like (very awful) , dizziness, palpitations ...

The best thing is to find your own balance. Especially keep your stomach light: Veggies, Salmon, eggs and avoid any thing fat and sugar.  Run away from sugar especially during the recovery. You will be to sugar back later. Now, I can drink my tea with some delicious chocolate brownies and biscuits .. hehehe and I eat a lot of them. Payback time my friend !

May the universe bless you !

this is just what i needed to hear " a nice hamburger once  a week" and not beat my self up over it or end up having anxiety and guilt because i ate it , now i will enjoy it and forget about it , alcohol is more easier than food for me so its not a problem , i will continue to daydream about the margarita i will have when im fully healed... thanks for your response.... 🌞

currently taking mag

and ive been staying away from sugar too

currently taking mag

1 minute ago, Phoenixmama said:

and ive been staying away from sugar too

That's number 1 tip :). Sugar is brain's fuel. It is the last thing you need while in recovery. I learned this from all the folks in this forum. And it turned out to be an outstanding advice.

2 minutes ago, Phoenixmama said:

this is just what i needed to hear " a nice hamburger once  a week" and not beat my self up over it or end up having anxiety and guilt because i ate it , now i will enjoy it and forget about it , alcohol is more easier than food for me so its not a problem , i will continue to daydream about the margarita i will have when im fully healed... thanks for your response.... 🌞

In fact you should not be guilty about eating from time to time some stuff like burgers. As I said you only need to find your own balance.

Drinking alcohol may just delay (maybe) your recovery but not affect it. But the best is to avoid it.

• Administrator

Thanks for the candid responses!

12 hours ago, SchrodingerAlive said:

But I was slapped by adverse reactions like : stomach pain & bloating, diarrhea, dizziness.

FYI, if you take TOO MUCH magnesium, this is what might happen. We advise taking small amounts throughout the day rather than a big dose at once.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hi @SchrodingerAlive,

Did your cognitive problems resolve fully? Where you having problems with reading and processing information and what it is like now?

Citalopram augustus 2020 - 20 mg untill 14 february 2021 quit cold turkey. No alcohol use or other medicine. No surgery.  Only adviced supplements and little bit of vitamine D because of defficieny. 

1 minute ago, Fromthenetherlands said:

Hi @SchrodingerAlive,

Did your cognitive problems resolve fully? Where you having problems with reading and processing information and what it is like now?

Now I can read my quantum mechanics books and fully understand the equations :)  . While few months i could not even look at a book !!

And i resumed as well fully my job as founder / lead developer of my software company. I can now write code and have all kind of back and forth deep technical chat with my customers.  While few months, I had to dodge and pretend all kind of stuff just not to go in a meeting. Ending up losing many customers.

I still sometimes think twice to find a word or 2. But i'll say i'm at 95% while i was 50% few months ago.  It was a big jump.

So no worries, the cognitive issues will resolve at the beginning very slowly and suddenly there is a sudden change.

I have blurry vision though. I need to wear glasses now to read.

May the universe bless you

• Administrator

That is excellent. 

Did you go through a period of withdrawal insomnia? If so, how long did that last, how did it go away?

To provide context for your success story, please follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

Hi @Altostrata

I answered you about insomnia.. Just look in my previous email

here was my answer:

Yes, the insomnia was at the beginning. For few months, like 3 our 4 months. I was sleeping good then the next time my brain refused to shutdown. So I tried to make it exhausted by watching something that needed focus at 3am :) And It worked !!! But after few months, insomnia was resolved by stopping taking any excitant : coffee, tea, chocolat and  french biscuits 😢 ... or any things with sugar. 

I will update my sig.

• Mentor

Thank you for sharing your success story!  It is so encouraging!  I am happy you are healed!!! When did you begin to see your big turn around?

1. .025 Xanax 3 x daily  Start date 10-13-2013 through 8-13-2014.  Started tapering 6-2014 to 8-2014.  Some small discomfort. 25 mg Zoloft - Start date 5-1-2014.  50mg. 6-2014.  through 7-14-2014 .  Started tapering  7-14-2014, stopped tapering 10-2014.  I did 1/4 of the dose a month.  small discomfort.  These next 3 were prescribed when I made some seriously bad choices with my thyroid medication.  Was in ER twice for possible heart attack.  INTENSE anxiety, panic, fear.   Lost 30 pounds in 2 weeks.  Thyroid levels bounced to extremes for 8 months. Dr. prescribed Zoloft 50mg  9-2105.  After 2 doses had a bad reaction passed out in my bedroom. Also prescribed Xanax .025  at the same time. 3 times daily, 4 if needed.  Was only on it about 2 weeks.  Was not working.  Trip ER they gave me an Ativan IV and it worked and lasted.  switched to Ativan. 9-24-2016. 1.5 mg Ativan - .5 mg  three x daily -start date 9/24/16.  Attempted taper start 12-16-2016. Was shaving Pills and alternating tapering AM, PM and midday dose weekly.  Buspar .5mg  -2.5mg. am and 2. 5mg. pm start date 9-26-2016 .  Lexapro .10mg  start date  - 10-26-2016. Found SA and began 10/14/2017 tapering .001 by weight of pill  every 4 days Held longer if there were was WD.    Was very sensitive to Ativan. 3-15-2018 Off midday dose - 7-16-2018 Off PM dose - OFF ATIVAN! 11-17-2018 10 mg. Lexapro. PM - 5 mg start date 10/11/2016 increased to 10 mg 2/2/17. 1-1-2019 Began tapering Lexapro.  .001 gm every 4 days.  Held longer if there was WD.  Last doses some I held a month.  OFF LEXAPRO! 2-21 2021 5 mg. Buspar  divided into two, 2.5 mg doses AM and PM- Start date 9/26/2016 Cold turkey on Dr. direction, AM and Pm  doses.  Reinstated  9-22-16. Began Buspar taper 1-29-23, .001 mg by weight of pills.  N.P. Desiccated Thyroid.  1-2023 Labs okay but not where I feel best. 60 mg. daily now but adding 15 mg. more  twice weekly for a few months then check.  Bioidentical hormones. Bi-est/Prog cream, 1/4 tsp.  1 time daily

My intro: Moonpie:. Need help and supporting tapering off of Ativan

My benzo thread: Moonpie: Need help Ativan weight tapering

Thanks for sharing your story. You really gave me hope. 

Citalopram augustus 2020 - 20 mg untill 14 february 2021 quit cold turkey. No alcohol use or other medicine. No surgery.  Only adviced supplements and little bit of vitamine D because of defficieny. 

@SchrodingerAlive thank you very much for this post and for giving all of us some help. It is so wonderful to read every single success story is it gives me hope that eventually one day I will get there.  

Felicitations!  Bon sante!

2014-now .0625mg Xanax as needed

2017 20 mg Celexa, 2018 10 mg

June 2020 - 15 mg Celexa 

Sept 2020 10 mg Celexa (2 week taper of alternating 15/10 doses)

Jan - Mar 2021 lots of dose changes in attempt to taper Clx per doctor’s recos. 

3/31/21 re-stabilized at 15 mg Celexa
4/30/21- 15 mg split dose (7.5 am & pm)

5/28 - 15 mg, transition 5 mg to liquid

6/22/21 14.5 mg, 7/12 14.4 mg, 9/12 14.3 mg, 12/8 14.0mg, 2/24/22 13.8, 8/27/22 13.4

6/12/23 12.9mg, 12/14/23 12.4 mg 3/17/24 11.7 4/19 11.3

400mg Mg Glyc, probiotic, Vit D, GABA with l-theanine, 1200 mg ashwaghanda, Calcium Magnesium Butyrate, 60 progesterone, L-Tyrosine 1500 mg, 3 drops iodine, GI Resolve, 3 pills ProMulti+ per day, 4 IgG support, 4 NK Stim, 50 mg estrogen cream

hello @SchrodingerAlive nice to hear your story, did you experience any emotional symptoms like anger, anhedonia, suicidel thoughts etc. during withdrawal.If yes do you recovered from those also?

On 7/21/2021 at 7:40 PM, Moonpie said:

Thank you for sharing your success story!  It is so encouraging!  I am happy you are healed!!! When did you begin to see your big turn around?

Hi

I was not in good shape for many months until few months ago. I'd say around 10 / 11 months mark. That's where I felt less the wave or at least I realized that the waves are lessening.

In fact, if you deviate your mind from thinking everyday about the symptoms it will give it space to heal and do his job.

Hope you will soon recover. Just let your body & mind do their job.

May the Universe bless You !

On 7/21/2021 at 7:52 PM, Fromthenetherlands said:

Thanks for sharing your story. You really gave me hope. 

This is the intent of the "Success Stories". They help a lot the brain to visualize its future. He then knows he will for sure heal no matter what.

Just give it time & do not fight things back. How long you've been in the withdrawal / post withdrawal ?

On 7/21/2021 at 9:37 PM, Hopepersists said:

@SchrodingerAlive thank you very much for this post and for giving all of us some help. It is so wonderful to read every single success story is it gives me hope that eventually one day I will get there.  

Felicitations!  Bon sante!

Merci :)

Not eventually. It will happen. It is not up to you. It is a process. The brain will continue to improve itself and recover from those substances. That's normal we were this way. Think about it logically.  Human brain was evolving peacefully for hundred thousands of years then suddely we brought something not expected that modifies all the chemicals. To be honest with you, everything we went thru is normal and was expected to happen.

Now just back off from chemicals and give your brain some space to heal.

I spent this whole year reading (whenever i could) about brain, chemicals and neuroplasticity and that's a really fascinating complex heck of a machine. A lot of people in this forum was referring to neuroplasticity and there are many great scientific approved literature out there.

21 hours ago, hehero said:

hello @SchrodingerAlive nice to hear your story, did you experience any emotional symptoms like anger, anhedonia, suicidel thoughts etc. during withdrawal.If yes do you recovered from those also?

Hi

Oh yeah. As I said in my first post. I did relate only 50% of symptoms i recalled or did affect me a lot. I had bouts of anger very scary. I can go from 0 to 100 in few seconds and for nothing. I even scared my kid as I shouted on him without any reason.  After researching in SA, I found out that bouts of anger is part of WD. So, I started to accept it. I explained this to my wife & kiddo. And since then even if i was angry for no rational reason, my wife told me to calm down as it is not my real me.

Now i still get pissed off but like anyone else. No more scary bouts of anger !!  This subsided over time. In fact, i cant even remember how or when. All symptoms went or diminish over time until you forgot about them.

Same thing for anhedonia. I spent weeks and weeks on the couch behind my computer doing nothing. Same for anger, it went away with time and one day i found myself  back on the track doing my stuff.

The worst emotional thing was health anxiety. And since I was an anxious hypochondriac level  100; this was even amplified million time. This took a bit to subside but I think it is more tied with my own personality. WD can trigger this but if you are already hypochondriac, it will be worse :)

Suicidal nope never.  I cant harm myself.  And I knew it was only my brain playing tricks on me:) 

Overall, you will recover from everything induced by the ADs. They will get better and better over time. I was measuring my own improvements with chunks of 3 / 4 months.

- New Update 22 July 2021 -

As I said in my first post, I had my extrasystoles & ectopics. Even though my GP put that on the stresss, I contacted a cardiologist. I saw her yesterday (22 July 2021) even though my appointment was taken 2 months ago ( here in France, you can die before you see a specialist or go to ER and they will put everythin on anxiety and stress).

Long story short, the EKG is normal and everything is fine. However, once I told her everything started (even months later) since I stopped the AD, she clicked :)

She said that she is pretty sure ADs and benzos has something to do with this even if most other doctors will deny it. She even included that in her report. So woow, finally I met a doctor (cardiologist) who finally helped me to connect the dots. Because according to my GP, it is 100% IMPOSSIBLE that WD or post WD has something to do with ectopics, extrasystoles, skipped heartbeats .. worst, my GP told me many times that WD symptoms last only for 2 weeks maximum and I would probably feel anything since Fluoxetine is not harmful !!

So the Cardiologist advised me to take : Magnesium (which i did), hawthorn (which i did as well. We call it in French Aubépine) & omega-3 (which I did). She added as well Propranolol (to be taken once in a while whenever I feel anxious or stressed). She said Propranolol is not harmful at all like Xanax or other benzos.  Anyway, I will stay with Mag, hawthorn & Omega only !

Hi @SchrodingerAlive,

I quit ct february of this year. The last weeks I have been having some good windows. I am hopeful again. I hope to recover after this year. Thanks again for sharing your story. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Can you please talk about how you tappered off? I'm not sure if you already mentioned it but thank you! Just curios if you got any liquid dosage, or if you tapper off for months before completely quitting your antidepressants? Thank you!

@SchrodingerAlive How did the fatigue fell like ? How long did it take to vanish?

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

On 8/15/2021 at 4:36 AM, Cristal said:

Hi! Can you please talk about how you tappered off? I'm not sure if you already mentioned it but thank you! Just curios if you got any liquid dosage, or if you tapper off for months before completely quitting your antidepressants? Thank you!

Hi Cristal,

I did mentioned but quickly. In fact, my GP did not taper me the right way. I remember they cut the dose from 20mg to 10mg daily. Then every other day 10mg for 1 week then 10mg every 2 days, then 3 days ...then 5mg every 5 days for few weeks.. It was chaotic.

I had no liquid dosage.

My fast and  Inappropriate taper caused me a massive withdrawal syndrome that last for almost a year !

Take care

13 hours ago, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

@SchrodingerAlive How did the fatigue fell like ? How long did it take to vanish?

The fatigue & weakness were really awful. You can feel them the morning. I felt jelly legs and very weak .. like the feeling you are going to faint ... and it went for several months (almost 6 months). And then it started to subside and to lessen with time. And then like that it vanished but was replaced by something else.

The symptoms always when they vanish they got replaced .. it is like a merry go round . It turns and turns and then starts to slow and slow then it stops.

Take care

• 1 month later...

@SchrodingerAlivehey cat( schrodinger joke 😝). I’ve been going through your thread the last days and I finally decided to comment. You will NOT BELIEVE HOW SIMILAR our cases are. I just can’t. I was at a RESTAURANT with my parents. I had the exact same panic reaction( every little detail and feeling you described). I am also hypochondriac. I too visited a psychologist for 3 months but didn’t work out. EVERY SINGLE SYMPTOM you describe is ME! Even the tapering is exactly the same( you can see that in my signature!). I am in the 5 month mark now. I’ve had some good windows so far. Still jelly legs, palpitations, breathing problems etc. My question to you is….. not a question actually but if you could please describe in more detail how was your breath… that is my biggest concern since my journey began. Thank you so much for sharing your story. The similarity made me think so positively. Thank you thank you thank you 👏🏻

28 October 2020: escitalopram(Cipralex) 0,5mg & Xanax 0,75 mg

5 December 2020: updosed Cipralex at 10 mg and lowered Xanax to 0,5mg

January 2021: Cipralex still on 10mg, Xanax 0,25mg 

2 February 2021: Cipralex updosed at 20mg   for about 2 weeks, Xanax cold-turkeyed 

18 February 2021: Cipralex lowered from 20mg to  15-to 10-to 5 in 5-6 weeks

Completely drug free since 17/03/2021

Currently taking Magnesium(1 pill per day) and Onega 3(3 capsules per day 1800mgEPA, 450mgDHA)

Practicing yoga, reiki, meditation and acceptance.

Fully functional but not healed 

@SchrodingerAlive Did you have some sort of gastrointestinal problems like bloating ...?? Did you get any vivid dreams while withdrawal ?

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

14 hours ago, Selfhealer said:

@SchrodingerAlivehey cat( schrodinger joke 😝). I’ve been going through your thread the last days and I finally decided to comment. You will NOT BELIEVE HOW SIMILAR our cases are. I just can’t. I was at a RESTAURANT with my parents. I had the exact same panic reaction( every little detail and feeling you described). I am also hypochondriac. I too visited a psychologist for 3 months but didn’t work out. EVERY SINGLE SYMPTOM you describe is ME! Even the tapering is exactly the same( you can see that in my signature!). I am in the 5 month mark now. I’ve had some good windows so far. Still jelly legs, palpitations, breathing problems etc. My question to you is….. not a question actually but if you could please describe in more detail how was your breath… that is my biggest concern since my journey began. Thank you so much for sharing your story. The similarity made me think so positively. Thank you thank you thank you 👏🏻

Hey SelfHealer ... Yep the Cat is Alive :)))

I'm sorry for what happened to you. But no worries. Every little symptom will subside over time. The brain is a weird & complex machine. Since what happened to me, i started to read a lot about neuroplasticity & brain. And wow, the brain can make feel some weird & horrible stuff !

Actually the breathing part was my first concern. It was the cause i crawled to the doctor seeking for help. When my first violent panic attack happened, I could not take a long breathe. We call it in french (manque d'air). I was struggling to breathe. I had to yawn to feel a kind of relief.  And it went like this for many many months .... UNTIL I found out that in fact over thinking about it cause it. Once you start to really believe that anxiety may cause diaphragm stress and as a result it leads to shallow breathing, then it will leave you alone !

I still remember i was plagued by this breathing thing (just few months ago again) whenever i got in the car to drive. Bamm, it was there with me. Then I avoided to breath quickly. I know it is horrible and you feel like you're going to shock.. but actually you will not. Just try not to seek for this deep breathe.

I practiced the Sadghuru breating technique. It works AWESOME for me

May the Universe be with You ... Give your brain time to heal at his pace !

4 hours ago, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

@SchrodingerAlive Did you have some sort of gastrointestinal problems like bloating ...?? Did you get any vivid dreams while withdrawal ?

Hey PsychologicalSafe. 

Gastro .. a lot of them .. a looooot 😃  More than you can ever imagine. I got IBS, bloating, gaz, spasms in the back .. I mean whatever gastro issue you think about I got it :)

But when the withdrawal effect lessen, it tends to relax. Your stomach is your second brain .. it feels all the heat.  Actually when I was younger (student in high school & engineering school), I had this tendency to get gasto issues whenever the tests were around the corner. So, Gastro is an old friend I had to live with.

What helps me now is probiotics & whole wheat bread. I feel great now !

So no worries, the AD cause major distress to gastro system especially for folks who has this tendency to be anxious and emotional.

Vivid dreams, i still got them . Honestly I dont give a damn about them. Those are just dreams. They will not harm you. It proves your brain is doing some serious work to re-adjust. So, dreams can a way for your brain to dump its own distress. So keep dreaming my friend :) .. unless Freddy Krueger is around :) then you have to run .. but joke aside, this will disappear with time !

Keep pushing & relax .. everything will get back to normal ...

May the universe be with you !