SchrodingerAlive Recovered from Fluoxetine after 1 year of fight !

PsychologicalSafe15

@SchrodingerAlive So the gastro issues are gone by now in one year ? Do you really think your fatigue has completely gone ?
Because I think its vivid dreams that cause fatigue , Because if excessive REM sleep your brain gets tired.

please answer honestly are the vivid dreams same or they  have lessson.

thanks for responding . Love you

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

PsychologicalSafe15

@SchrodingerAlive please help

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

SchrodingerAlive
On 9/20/2021 at 10:20 AM, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

@SchrodingerAlive So the gastro issues are gone by now in one year ? Do you really think your fatigue has completely gone ?
Because I think its vivid dreams that cause fatigue , Because if excessive REM sleep your brain gets tired.

please answer honestly are the vivid dreams same or they  have lessson.

thanks for responding . Love you

Hi,

The Gastro issues are always there because I got IBS. I learned to live with IBS. The Gastro issues were amplified during the withdrawal and after (post wd). Now there are a bit lessening since I resumed drinking my beers & eating things I wanted to eat.

The fatigue is visiting from time to time but not at the extend it was months ago.  I dont know if there is any connection between the vivid dreams & being tired. To be honest, I was never being distrurbed by those vivid dreams. I pay no attention to them. They are only dreams or nightmares or whatever they are.

The dreams are less than before. I will be honest, they were really intense during the first few months of the WD. I think it is normal, your brain is re-adjusting & then it can produce very weird stuff.

In fact what really annoyed me was the constant dizziness & the horrible feeling like i'm going to faint. More the physical than psy issues.

Hope this helps

Take care & take it easy !!!

@SchrodingerAliveThanks so much for sharing your struggles. I stopped fluoxetine June 1st, 113 days ago. Last week was the first time I thought I had a chance that I might return to normal. Last three days I have been extremely exhausted again and tinnitus is still getting worse. Doctors did blood work and I have a vitamin D deficiency, which come to find can cause depression symptoms. I sometimes feel like I’m struggling to get air. You helped me realize that this is fluoxetine’s fault. You’re similar stories are keeping me going.  

2011 bupropion 

2011-2013 Ritalin then mostly adderall 

March 2017 - August 2017 sertraline 50mg

September 2017 - January 2019 Duloxetine 20mg

February 2020 - July 2020 Lexapro 10mg

August 2020 - mid September 2020 paroxetine 

mid September 2020 - mid May 2021 10mg fluoxetine 

Mid May - June 1st 10mg fluoxetine every other day

June 1st cold turkey 

Hello @SchrödingerAlive. I read your story congratulations you were very brave and gives hope to you someday.  Sorry for my English approcimatix I am also French and it is true that in France doctors do not recognize the problems that can cause antidepressants.  I've been on a lot of forums and it's crazy how the mental part plays tricks on me anyway.  I am in the midst of withdrawal and when I read your recovery story or others I feel better as if my problems are going to end.  Then when I relate to people who are asking for suicide outright and saying that it never worked out for them and that they neither have hope then I feel terribly bad.  Like many of us, I have had insomnia etc. a lot of violent symptoms since my sudden stop.  But what scares me the most is never to find my sexual conditions before taking this drug.  Hence my question you did not talk about it all is well at this level for you?  And do you think that like the morale and the mind the brain can also recover the physical level to recover its sexuality from before?  Thank you again for your success story and take care of yourself.  A healthy lifestyle has a lot to do with sport I heard them a lot too

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.
Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.
Last intake of brintellix 5mg: Saturday, September 11, 2021

SchrodingerAlive
3 hours ago, Parisien said:

Hello @SchrödingerAlive. I read your story congratulations you were very brave and gives hope to you someday.  Sorry for my English approcimatix I am also French and it is true that in France doctors do not recognize the problems that can cause antidepressants.  I've been on a lot of forums and it's crazy how the mental part plays tricks on me anyway.  I am in the midst of withdrawal and when I read your recovery story or others I feel better as if my problems are going to end.  Then when I relate to people who are asking for suicide outright and saying that it never worked out for them and that they neither have hope then I feel terribly bad.  Like many of us, I have had insomnia etc. a lot of violent symptoms since my sudden stop.  But what scares me the most is never to find my sexual conditions before taking this drug.  Hence my question you did not talk about it all is well at this level for you?  And do you think that like the morale and the mind the brain can also recover the physical level to recover its sexuality from before?  Thank you again for your success story and take care of yourself.  A healthy lifestyle has a lot to do with sport I heard them a lot too

Salut !

In fact yep. The AD has affected a lot my sexual libido. Before I knew this SA website I was scared as I did not understand what suddenly happened to me. It lasted for many months. And then it started to recover slowly. Now feeling 100% up and running like when I was a teen :)  

So do not worry. This will resolve. It is not up to you. The brain is reverting back to it was before.  Just think it this way: the ADs modify the brain in matter of few hours .. It modify a complex machine in few hours. This same machine that took million of years to evolve !!!! So what do you expect when you abruptly stop the drugs ???

Have you ever tried to inject water inside an oil engine ? it will start coughing & vibrating ?

Just step back. Take it easy .. and let your brain do the work. Your body will heal in few months . .it is a long process ! Dont count per days ... but per chunks of weeks or months !

As for the healthy lifestyle : avoid sugar & alcohol. The latter was the worst as I always needed my cold beer or red wine. But i'd paid the price high the next day with awful vertigo and overwhelming anxiety.

May the universe be with you

SchrodingerAlive
13 hours ago, CasuallyMagical said:

@SchrodingerAliveThanks so much for sharing your struggles. I stopped fluoxetine June 1st, 113 days ago. Last week was the first time I thought I had a chance that I might return to normal. Last three days I have been extremely exhausted again and tinnitus is still getting worse. Doctors did blood work and I have a vitamin D deficiency, which come to find can cause depression symptoms. I sometimes feel like I’m struggling to get air. You helped me realize that this is fluoxetine’s fault. You’re similar stories are keeping me going.  

Hi CasuallyMagical :)

The Fluoxetine & all other drugs are poison .. period !

Now your brain is undergoing a major work to revert back the machinery to what it was before. So grant him some mishaps & mistakes. Those mishaps are the symptoms.

Do you know that Love, hate, taste whatever you think you feel is only virtual. And those sensations are produced by the chemical & interactions in the brain. Do you ever realized that ? I was reading a lot about the brain & its mysteries during WD & post WD. And I came to the conclusion that we are lucky we are still alive. The brain could cut the rope under this huge distress. But he did not :)

So allow him to heal at his own pace. Just keep away from drugs & the symptoms will subside with time. There is a great video about waves & windows the admins keep including for everyone upon their first post. I saw this video like thousands of time !!!! 

I had a very bad knee joint tremor for months .. I swore not to see a doctor again ... and then out of nowhere the problem went away ... do you believe that .. My knee is normal like i never had anything !!!! How could you explain this ????

symptoms : lack of air, shortness of breathing, dizziness, nausea, low sexual desire, joint tremors, muscle twitching, tingling, itching in feet hair back legs arms , sensation of malaise, skipped heartbeat, tachy, palpitation, dry mouth, jelly legs, awful fatigue .. . I can go for hours ... the list of symptoms is huge ... and by the end of the day everything does not exist ... everything is produced by a healing brain ...

so step back my friend and let your brain do its job !

May the universe be with you

52 minutes ago, SchrodingerAlive said:

Salut !

En fait oui. La MA a beaucoup affecté ma libido sexuelle. Avant de connaître ce site Web de SA, j'avais peur car je ne comprenais pas ce qui m'était soudainement arrivé. Cela a duré plusieurs mois. Et puis il a commencé à récupérer lentement. Je me sens maintenant à 100% opérationnel comme quand j'étais adolescent:)  

Ne vous inquiétez pas. Cela se résoudra. Ce n'est pas à vous. Le cerveau revient à ce qu'il était avant. Pensez-y de cette façon : les AD modifient le cerveau en quelques heures... Ils modifient une machine complexe en quelques heures. Cette même machine qui a mis des millions d'années à évoluer !!!! Alors qu'attendez-vous lorsque vous arrêtez brutalement les médicaments ???

Avez-vous déjà essayé d'injecter de l'eau à l'intérieur d'un moteur à huile ? il va commencer à tousser et à vibrer ?

Prenez du recul. Allez-y doucement .. et laissez votre cerveau faire le travail. Votre corps guérira en quelques mois. .C'est un long processus ! Ne comptez pas par jours ... mais par tranches de semaines ou de mois !

Quant au mode de vie sain : évitez le sucre et l'alcool. Ce dernier était le pire car j'avais toujours besoin de ma bière froide ou de mon vin rouge. Mais j'en avais payé le prix fort le lendemain avec un vertige terrible et une anxiété écrasante.

Que l'univers soit avec toi

@SchrödingerAliveReally like when you were a teenager?  It seems like a long time ago to me when I see what antidepressants cause me as sexual dysfunction (I no longer have sex in the morning, I have an orgasm without pleasure and a premature ejaculation).  But if you tell me that you have fully recovered then there is hope.  If you can tell me a little more even if it's a bit taboo for example from when you noticed a difference?  I also think it takes time because the brain has been damaged.  I have to send him positive signals such as sports, healthy eating, friends, family etc.  But when I read that some say with certainty that it is irreversible then I collapse and I don't want anything anymore.  Thanks for your help anyway and I wish you the best

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.
Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.
Last intake of brintellix 5mg: Saturday, September 11, 2021

PsychologicalSafe15
On 9/22/2021 at 8:10 PM, SchrodingerAlive said:

Hi,

The Gastro issues are always there because I got IBS. I learned to live with IBS. The Gastro issues were amplified during the withdrawal and after (post wd). Now there are a bit lessening since I resumed drinking my beers & eating things I wanted to eat.

The fatigue is visiting from time to time but not at the extend it was months ago.  I dont know if there is any connection between the vivid dreams & being tired. To be honest, I was never being distrurbed by those vivid dreams. I pay no attention to them. They are only dreams or nightmares or whatever they are.

The dreams are less than before. I will be honest, they were really intense during the first few months of the WD. I think it is normal, your brain is re-adjusting & then it can produce very weird stuff.

In fact what really annoyed me was the constant dizziness & the horrible feeling like i'm going to faint. More the physical than psy issues.

Hope this helps

Take care & take it easy !!!

@SchrodingerAlive 
Thanks for your reply and response.

yah. Excessive REM sleep do cause fatigue and tiredness. On reddit, most people who have fatigue have extreme vivid dreams. 

I just wonder when they dissapeare.

By they way do you get vivid dreams even when your take a nap ?

PsychologicalSafe15
On 9/23/2021 at 1:50 AM, CasuallyMagical said:

Thanks so much for sharing your struggles. I stopped fluoxetine June 1st, 113 days ago. Last week was the first time I thought I had a chance that I might return to normal. Last three days I have been extremely exhausted again and tinnitus is still getting worse. Doctors did blood work and I have a vitamin D deficiency, which come to find can cause depression symptoms. I sometimes feel like I’m struggling to get air. You helped me realize that this is fluoxetine’s fault. You’re similar stories are keeping me going.  

@CasuallyMagical how long were you on fluoxetine ?