Desperate Grandmother of 5 weaning off drugs

Desperate

I am a grandmother of 5.  My two adult daughters walked out of my life almost 7 years ago and I haven't seen them or the kids.  After going through the worst hell you can imagine I finally found a doctor that put me on the right meds, but after two years I can't deal with the side effects any longer.  Horrible dreams, excessive weakness and staying away from people as much as possible.  The meds relieved the crying, shaking and general sadness but I'm ready to get my life back.  I've come off Buscar and am now weaning off Viibryd.  I'm 68 and this has not been easy.  I raised my three children alone with zero help from their father but that was nothing compared to the difficulty of discontinuing the meds.  I pray I never use them again.  God bless you.

• Administrator

Welcome, @Desperate

I moved your post here, to start your own Introductions topic, where you can post about your progress. How much Viibryd are you taking now? How have you been reducing it? How have you been feeling as you reduced it?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.