Dora: Cymbalta withdrawal

Dora

I really have no idea how long I've been taking 60mg of Cymbalta !  Over15 years!  I did well ,  ( except for terrible sweating when overheated)  had no problems.  Took Trazodone  to sleep , Adderall  and Ativan in the daytime  hours for ADHD/. There was a time I took Melatonin and Xanax to sleep..  

I have had 2 hip replacements and 1 knee replacement and I was hurting most of the time.   At first I was taking  hydrocodone for pain , but the Pain  Drs. saw I was taking Ativan And Xanax and would no longer prescribe Hydro. I was receiving much more Ativan and Xanax than I would ever take and wondered why ?   So, I would take Advil, Tylenol . And Kraton for pain.   I don't know when exactly things changed, but all these medications ( and others from different Dr.  procedures ) started to act terrible against my body!!  Taking the Trazodone to sleep would cause me wake in worse body pain!  

Taking the Xanax and Melatonin would wake me in the middle of night with whole body pain. Things were to strange and I could only  narrow it down to the Cymbalta ., -"""so I decided to slowly get off this poison. ""  The first week I started taper down I did not have any pain. My body was numb.  But my brain was not numb and it's hard to explain what pain my brain was in!!! Then came the pain from taking sleeping drugs I had taken often.  I could not and still cannot sleep!! I think the Cymbalta has taken my brain hostage! I can't take melatonin or Xanax anymore because of the ongoing bad side effects- even though I've been off Cymbalta for approx 2 months!    I can not take the Trazodone!       I have tried Clonidine and over counter sleep aids--Nothing, sleep does not come!!!--and that is what my body and brain need!!!      All I know is this roller coaster ride, journey, whatever it is--isn't over and I sure would like to get some sleep!   I feel really raw ( if that makes sense)   Good luck to you all

Edited by Shep
remove bold and added paragraph breaks.
  • manymoretodays changed the title to Dora: Cymbalta withdrawal
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Dora. Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

Which drugs are you taking now? 

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

As you provide more information, we can better guide you in setting up a taper.