Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Altostrata

Have you looked at this thread? 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

If you would like to get a response from me directly please type @Onmyway some place in your message so I get notified of your post. I am not able to follow all of the threads all the time.

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week, 

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

• 1 month later...

Could someone explain what is happened? I cant make sense of it.

Whenever i try to just lay down to relax and sleep in the day or evening, I just get this anxious feeling in the body after i while, or just when i am about to fall asleep. My head also feels more spaced out when my brain wakes up again. I dont understand it. It is really bad. It is like i lay down and wake up worse and with this scared anxious feeling in my body. 

I have had that before, but it went away. Dont know why it is back now, but it makes it hard to lay down because i just get this anxious restless feeling and Spaces out feeling in the head when doing it.

I cant relax.

June-July -21 Zyprexa 2.5-7.5 mg 

July -21 Mianserin 20 mg four days

July-Aug -21 Valium 30 mg a day, tapred, return of symptoms 

Aug-Oct -21 Oxazepam Tapred from 10 mg x 3 to zero

Dec-Jan -21/22 On and off mirtazapine 15 mg. Kindling reaction?

March 8.-19. - Zopiclone 7.5 mg to combat insomnia 

March 20 - 5 mg valium because of akathisia and panic 

April 3. - 5 mg x 2

• SkyBlue pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 12:11 PM, Sofa said:

Could someone explain what is happened? I cant make sense of it.

Whenever i try to just lay down to relax and sleep in the day or evening, I just get this anxious feeling in the body after i while, or just when i am about to fall asleep. My head also feels more spaced out when my brain wakes up again. I dont understand it. It is really bad. It is like i lay down and wake up worse and with this scared anxious feeling in my body. 

I have had that before, but it went away. Dont know why it is back now, but it makes it hard to lay down because i just get this anxious restless feeling and Spaces out feeling in the head when doing it.

I cant relax.

Hi, I’ve felt something similar I think, again something I have *never* felt before withdrawal. I’ve had insomnia before, since I was a kid on and off. But this feeling is since wd, I’ll try to describe it:

usually it’s when I haven’t slept in about 5 or 6 nights in a row. I get this extreme exhaustion but when I get in bed and try to relax deeply… I hit a strange spot in my mind, a rock hard big anxiety rock in the centre of my psyche, and a huge fear to “surrender” to relaxation, a terror of “letting go” to fall into slumber. It’s a really scary feeling, it almost feels like my subconscious telling me if I fall asleep: I die. It truly feels like my nerveous system tries to keep me awake no matter what. And then out of nowhere, no reason, it “unlocks” and I fall sleep. But I have no control over it. It feels autonomous. 
anyway I hope your insomnia got better ? Mine did a little thanks to exercise + anti histamines…

I have an agitated sleep but at least I sleep. 

April 2020: 10mg Escitalopram 

July 2020: fast tapper tried to quit. Failed. 
september 2020: Trintellix 20mg. 
october 2021: fast taper off Trintellix (1 week). 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy