LauraH: Hello…newbie here

LauraH

Hello everyone. I’ve been on/off paxil 10 mg for about 16 years for panic disorder.  I’ve tapered off and gone cold turkey. The last go around I was on it for about 1.5 years. I decided to go off it because it was making me feel numb, lethargic and just unmotivated. I stopped cold turkey. The first few days was ok. The second and third weeks were tough. I had the electrical zaps and profuse sweating and was experiencing extreme emotion (anything/everything made me cry). I also had some minor “panic attack” symptoms.

The last two weeks the sweating has subsided and so have the zaps. I’m still very emotional. A new symptom I’m having is overall body aches/pain. I work out so I know some of it can be due in part to this but the pain feels deeper/more pronounced. Has anyone experienced this?

Lastly can you list all the withdrawal symptoms you’ve experienced?

thank you!

Edited by arbor
  • arbor changed the title to LauraH: Hello…newbie here
  • Moderator Emeritus

Welcome @LauraH to SA.

I'm glad to hear that the sweating has subsided, and yes, body aches/pains, and panic attacks are not uncommon symptoms during withdrawal.  They're so uncomfortable, but the good news is that they improve and disappear with time.  We can't predict how long as everyone is different, but time and patience are invaluable healers.  To get you started and to give you pertinent information, we ask members to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in a concise list format.  This link can help you with that:

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

I encourage you to browse the site as it is a rich resource of other people's experiences and shared information.  Here are some links that might touch on some of your questions:

What is withdrawal syndrome? 

Muscle and joint stiffness, aches, pain, or weakness 

What I have learnt from helping thousands of people taper off ...

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist ...

This is your Introduction site where you can ask questions and connect with other members.

I'm glad you found us, and again, welcome,

Arbor

Zoloft: 1995 - 2015

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

Enalapril: 2010 - 2019

Lipitor: 2017 -2017

Metformin: 2000 - 2020

Liothyronine: 2007 - 2019

Levothyroxine: 2000 - 2022