Daniel1993: Help

Daniel1993

Hello, I haven't taken anything for about 9 days after taking 1 drug of each class, ssri, snri, tca, mood stabilizer, antipsychotic, benzodiazepines, substituted benzamides, antiepileptic-anticonvulsant.  This in the arc from February to a few days ago.  No drug has ever stabilized me on the contrary I have seen various side effects and I also suffered a very heavy decrease abstinence  (paroxetine-daparox).  To this day I still find myself with paresthesias, I am no longer able to recognize the symptoms because I am pseudo-sedated both in the brain and in the body.  I had to treat depression from anxiety / panic attacks, instead I was chemically altered, my body never got used to any drug and it seemed to counteract them given the continuous side effects.  I have a brainless, altered head, I feel a little amazement, lack of energy, if I try everything gets worse, I get especially neck pains with the consequent addition of further dizziness, I have obvious difficulty concentrating, altered reality, fortunately I have no hallucinations .  I do not know what to do, if I turn to a new psychiatrist who would be on the 4th I do not know how he can help me and he will surely give me who knows what pseudo diagnosis.  I only know that all these medicines have changed and altered at the biological level already in itself a suffering state.  It is difficult to continue like this the temptation to ask for help is so much, but how can they help me by taking new chemical bombs?  An infinite drama.

• manymoretodays changed the title to Daniel1993: Help
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi there Daniel1993 and welcome aboard, @Daniel1993

On 7/31/2021 at 5:43 AM, Daniel1993 said:

An infinite drama.

Tis, truly at times, "an infinite drama".    The drug induced changes you've experienced can improve.  And some do benefit from a very low dose reinstatement, to mitigate WD(withdrawal) symptoms, best done as close to when symptoms occurred as possible.  Let's get a bit more information from you first though.  And bear with us.  We're all volunteer staff here, and do strive to get to newcomers as quickly as possible.  Sorry for your wait time.

We really could use some more information from you at this point.  As I'm wondering what you recently came off off, and at what dose, and then how long you had been on it......or did you jump off more than one medication/drug, now 11 days ago.  I do see mention of February, when you began the chemical onslaught to your system. 

How to List Drug History in Signature

this ^ will be a good way to give some of that.  just click on the underlined passage, then read it through, and follow the link to get to your account settings, and then signature creation.  You'll see mine below my post.  And it's different from the confidential information that you gave us on registering.  Do note the year, and month, of starting and ending any of the drugs that you can recall.  Dosage too, if you recall.

If you have not gotten to the Read This First information, that may help as well, to get you oriented just a bit more, to this site, and a few of the fundamentals of usage, and our shared beliefs, and wish to help people with harm reduction methods of going off psychiatric drugs.  If you are able, find the Home Page too, where you'll see many forums laid out. 

This is a great spot for your first post, right here, where you posted, In the Introduction forus.

And then get back to us, right here. This will serve as your journal/update/information exchange page, particular to you, and your history with drugs and symptoms to date.  Also, very sorry for what you've been through to date......wondering what symptoms landed you in a psychiatrists/prescribers office too, if you don't mind saying.

All my best.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

moderator manymoretodays(mmt)

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

The reintroduction of psychotropic drugs would not bring any benefit, paroxetine is the devil. The other drugs I took them in low doses and never stopped suddenly. What I took the longest is the antipsychotic (haloperidol). I'm highly sensitive to this ****, maybe it's my organic chemistry that's made like that. I was in depression and panic attacks before I started, now I have more problems than before. Day 11 without psychotropic drugs. Very bad, I have 3000000 symptoms. I wonder how long I will resist. The drugs didn't help me either I was sedated or I had side effects. I'm trying all the natural supplements, nothing helps me. I no longer perceive the body, sleeping skin, empty mind, difficulty concentrating, vision disorders, anhedonia, little energy, difficulty distinguishing anxiety or panic, headaches coming and going, dizziness, difficulty understanding, discomfort in the light, Sexual dysfunctions etc

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey there again,

And so sorry.  I suspect that you must be really anxious about your appointment coming up tomorrow too. 

How to talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal? What to expect?

And what are you expecting from this visit?  Chances are that they'll just want to medicate again.  Do keep your cool though.  Do your best too.  Most want to be in charge completely......not your friend or even your partner..........let them look good.  And then, know that you don't necessarily have to take, or do what he/she might suggest.

The underlined phrases, when clicked on will take you to that topic.  Try and look at at least the first couple of posts in a topic, and then you can always refer on back, to read more from any topic, at any time too.

The reason I asked for the signature is that it will make it so much easier to sort out just what might have been the last drug, last dose taken, and then how long you were on it for.  So give it a try please.

And the reason I'm wondering what the last drug was that you came off, is that if you do decide to go with anything at all now, please just go with the lowest dose possible.  It doesn't matter if you were on a low dose or not, when taking or coming off your drug sometimes.  I have no doubt that you've been hit hard with acute WD(withdrawal) now.  It's a bear, and maybe just maybe you might be able to offset some of the severity now with a reinstatement.  Yet I'm not sure what you last took.  Yes Paxil is evil, so are any number or names of AD's or antipsychotics, or benzo's, or.........well........the list goes on....

More on the harm reduction model for getting off psychiatric drugs

Why taper by 10% of my dosage

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

With most of these drugs we can expect that within about a month of taking them, a physiologic dependency sets inMaybe it's 6 weeks for some.  And with benzo type drugs it can be as little as 2 weeks

Even though.......they did not work to alleviate the symptoms of low dark moods, and all that goes with that......the slowing overall, nor the sheer panic, of feeling that there is no way out......they are just that symptoms.  Usually........coming from something, somewhere, overwhelm, over expectations, previous trauma, and on and on it goes.  So wondering, if when that original depression or anxiety set in, what was going on.  Oh, and sometimes it's just even not being able to keep a roof over ones head, or get enough to eat, or enough of that sense of somehow "fitting in" and community, even.

Was the Haldol in pill form or injection?  And again, give a try at getting some of this information into a signature format, best done, from a PC.

And okay, so you get this physiological dependency that sets in, be it 2 weeks until that happens, or 4-6 weeks.  And then just jumping off a drug, won't always work so well.......as it takes time for receptors to come on back to normal.  I'll give you more on this and the basics of just what is going on now as your system struggles to find a way back to homeostasis.

(just click on the underlined passages to go to a topic below, those are links)

What is withdrawal syndrome?

nice little video in the first post ^, if it's hard to read much right now, which I expect it may well be

And more from the list in the first post there which might help your understanding, and then empowerment, going forward:
How psychiatric drugs remodel your brain?

And here's a nugget from that post, more in a lay persons understanding, the plant and trellis analogy:

On 8/30/2011 at 1:28 PM, Rhiannon said:

When we stop taking the drug, we have a brain that has designed itself so that it works in the presence of the drug; now it can't work properly without the drug because it's designed itself so that the drug is part of its chemistry and structure. It's like a plant that has grown on a trellis; you can't just yank out the trellis and expect the plant to be okay. When the drug is removed, the remodeling process has to take place in reverse. SO--it's not a matter of just getting the drug out of your system and moving on. If it were that simple, none of us would be here. It's a matter of, as I describe it, having to grow a new brain. I believe this growing-a-new-brain happens throughout the taper process if the taper is slow enough. (If it's too fast, then there's not a lot of time for actually rebalancing things, and basically the brain is just pedaling fast trying to keep us alive.) It also continues to happen, probably for longer than the symptoms actually last, throughout the time of recovery after we are completely off the drug, which is why recovery takes so long.

But eventually.......things will rebalance.  As the brain(and other body systems) attempt to establish some kind of homeostasis again, that's when you experience symptoms, many symptoms such as the ones you are now so severely stricken with.  And it does sure sound like you are heavily into some acute WD right now:

3 hours ago, Daniel1993 said:

The reintroduction of psychotropic drugs would not bring any benefit, paroxetine is the devil. The other drugs I took them in low doses and never stopped suddenly. What I took the longest is the antipsychotic (haloperidol). I'm highly sensitive to this ****, maybe it's my organic chemistry that's made like that. I was in depression and panic attacks before I started, now I have more problems than before. Day 11 without psychotropic drugs. Very bad, I have 3000000 symptoms. I wonder how long I will resist. The drugs didn't help me either I was sedated or I had side effects. I'm trying all the natural supplements, nothing helps me. I no longer perceive the body, sleeping skin, empty mind, difficulty concentrating, vision disorders, anhedonia, little energy, difficulty distinguishing anxiety or panic, headaches coming and going, dizziness, difficulty understanding, discomfort in the light, Sexual dysfunctions etc

Also, don't get too hung up, as you are reading some of the links, on if they are referring to serotonin and receptors, or GABA and receptors, or norepinephrine or dopamine and receptors.  It all comes out to be really similar with WD.  One can't mess with one receptor without the other receptor systems becoming affected.

And good, excellent, that you have not experienced any supersensitivity psychosis post Haldol.

WHAT ARE WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS?

Papers on diagnosis of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist (PDF)

Once you go to that link, the links are the underlined phrases, in this post, and download the PDF, you'll see many, oh so many of the WD symptoms you are now having.

And what are all the natural supplements that you are now trying?  Please be cautious, as you are now dealing with a very sensitized nervous system.

And for that reason the only 2 we endorse are Omega 3's and Magnesium.

BASIC SUPPLEMENT TOOLKIT

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

Also, with anything new, at all, best to just try one new thing at a time, start low, evaluate, and that way you know what might be causing what, rather than throwing a whole bunch of things at your now very sensitive system.

Rule of 3 KI's: Keep it simple, slow, and stable

More about supplements, testing, treatment diet here:  Important topics about tests, supplements, treatments, and diet

I do realize that your stable right now is very, very challenging and uncomfortable. 

Do your best with the doctor tomorrow.  Do your best with doing a signature as soon as you can.

And yes, WD symptoms are so often so much worse than what most of us sought care for in the first place.  It's incredible.  But it can and does get better.

Here's a link to the Symptoms and Self Care Forum too.  Just start with some of the top pinned topics.  Neuro-emotions, Windows and Waves, and then scroll down to Non-drug techniques to deal too.

Best Daniel1993.  I've given you an eyeful, and not to worry, or feel like you have to read everything right now.  It's here on your Introduction though, for reference.

And let us know please, how it goes tomorrow.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

I'm going crazy, I can't stand all these symptoms anymore. I haven't been taking psychotropic drugs for two weeks. The last thing taken is a single tablet of pregabalin (lyrica). Then before I took 2 drops of laroxyl in the evening, for two weeks, but they gave me sexual disorders then suspended. Then I tried the deniban 3-4 days I think or a little more, left that too. While the serenase I do not remember accurately, but I started months ago from 25 drops then I had arrived at 5 then at 3 and remained so for I'm going crazy, I can't stand all these symptoms anymore. I haven't been taking psychotropic drugs for two weeks. The last thing taken is a single tablet of pregabalin (lyrica). Then before I took 2 drops of laroxyl in the evening, for two weeks, but they gave me sexual disorders then suspended. Then I tried the deniban 3-4 days I think or a little more, left that too. While the serenase I do not remember precisely, but I started months ago from 25 drops then I had arrived at 5 then at 3 and remained so for hereI'm going crazy, I can't stand all these symptoms anymore. I haven't been taking psychotropic drugs for two weeks. The last thing taken is a single tablet of pregabalin (lyrica). Then before I took 2 drops of laroxyl in the evening, for two weeks, but they gave me sexual disorders then suspended. Then I tried the deniban 3-4 days I think or a little more, left that too. While the serenase I do not remember accurately, but I started months ago from 25 drops then I had arrived at 5 then at 3 and remained so For a few weeks, then I took it off because it made me a zombie. While the real damage was done with taking paroxetine (daparox in 10 drops) in March-April-May. The venlafaxine I do not remember when I tried it, always for a while it was unbearable, while the depakin I think a few weeks, but I had no effect on mood. Now I use omega 3. Vit b, calming herbs that do not help me (passiflora, scutellaria), Magnesium, in the evening chamomile with melatonin. Papaya powder.