Overwhelmedlady: Forced Withdrawal pandemonium plus 2020 lockdown plus financial collapse

Overwhelmedlady

10 years on paroxetine 20 mg.20 years plus sleeping pills. New on the site and still trying to figure out how to use it and how to be succinct. Started taking the former in 2009 .tried to quit cold turkey around 2014.deep depression.Back to 20mg.personal situation worsened as from 2015.personal losses economic hardship.no resources to afford psychotherapy.in 2019 around december got infected having all described covid symptons.almost simultaneously psychiatrist got sick.she provided meds for free.she cut all contact and i was left adrift.Forced withdrawal.lockdown.isolation.zero income.rescued by a friend who sent food parcels and dog food for my beloved pets.despair.fortunately had already reduced meds to 10mg.and withdrawal symptoms had already started.but i did not know.I knew nothing.nothing about tapering.nothing about consequences of quitting.I survived.still do not know how.insomnia.horrible mood swings.irritability.muscle pain.unbearable anxiety.eyesight problems.tachicardia.nausea every day since cutting from 20 to 10mg.now after one year and a half.still exhausted.difficulty to go out though i do.mainly for my pets.sorry if i am not clear enough.I have absorbed a huge lot of info concerning psychiatric drugs in the last 72 hours.still processing it.point being i feel physically and emotionally debilitated.live in south America.nothing is heard about all this.friends who have fortunately reappeared after a long time want me to see a psychiatrist.well I am not taking any antidepressant again in my life.desperately trying to find different pathways.difficult .no resources.no medical insurance.defficient public health services.even buying supplements is costly here.but somehow I am determined to start.magnesium.something.there has ato be a way out. I do not want to die yet.do not want to leave my pets.

Hi.sorry but my computer is too old.not working properly.I can only write from my phone.nevertheless i do not have drugs to list.only paroxetine.20 mg from 2009 to 2019.10 mg during 2019.sleeping pills for over 20 years.stopped everything december 2019.no drugs since then.forced cold turkey from december 2019.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Overwhelmedlady. 

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants. 

You certainly have reasons to feel overwhelmed. Hopefully learning more about these drugs will help. 

You mentioned "cutting down from 20 mg to 10 mg" and also, "I am not taking any antidepressant again in my life." Are you still on 10 mg or did you stop completely? If so, when did you stop and at what dose? 

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

As you provide more information, we can better guide you in how to proceed. 

• Shep changed the title to Overwhelmedlady: Forced Withdrawal pandemonium plus 2020 lockdown plus financial collapse

No.it was forced cold turkey as from december 2019. The psychiatrist sent the last message informing me that she had pneumonia and did not know when she was going back to work.i had been on 10 mg of paroxetine for most of 2019.kept telling her i did not feel well physically.no response to that.she was clueless.or may be not.20 mg from 2010 up to 2019.I told her to cut it to 10.I thought it was totally useless.not working.yesterday I just discovered that the lady who created this site had suggested a doctor in Brazil to one person from south America.it was an old post.I desperately need some info regarding some local doctor who might understand all this.like I said i do not want psychiatry involved because the approach is diagnosis plus another drug.if my story is not validated then there is nothing i will accept.I do not trust the system.honestly never did.big pharmaceutical companies are the issue.mental health has gone ballistic.States all over the world prefer to rely on psychiatric drugs.question of budget?social control?massive medicalization has replaced psychotherapy.that is the issue.saw a lot of videos.whitaker.breggin.the Danish doctor.if this is the first world then...what can I expect? Any info regarding local resources will be greatly appreciated.I need help.please.

Hi.sorry but my computer is too old.not working properly.I can only write from my phone.nevertheless i do not have drugs to list.only paroxetine.20 mg from 2009 to 2019.10 mg during 2019.sleeping pills for over 20 years.stopped everything december 2019.no drugs since then.forced cold turkey from december 2019.

• Moderator Emeritus
16 hours ago, Overwhelmedlady said:

it was an old post.I desperately need some info regarding some local doctor who might understand all this.like I said i do not want psychiatry involved because the approach is diagnosis plus another drug.

Thanks for the additional information and for setting up your signature. 

You've been off paroxetine and sleeping pills since December 2019, so reinstating is likely not going to help. Reinstatements work best within  2 - 4 weeks of coming off of sleeping pills (such as benzodiazepines) and a few months after coming off antidepressants. So finding a doctor may not help you since all they will likely offer is another drug. And I completely understand wanting to avoid psychiatry. Sounds like you've already done your research watching videos of Whitaker and Breggin. 

You may find some helpful information to handle your symptoms here: 

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

We don't recommend a lot of supplements, as many members report their nervous systems are simply too fragile to handle them. However, magnesium and fish oil tend to be calming to the nervous system and many people report they do help. Please only add in one supplement at a time and at a small dose. For more, please see:

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

Learning some skills such as mindfulness, taking walks in nature, and doing as much self care as possible may be best. Perhaps add in a bit of magnesium and then fish oil (one at a time and at a low dose) and see if that helps. 

Have you seen any improvements since December 2019? 

Withdrawal symptoms.when reinstating not an option

Hi @Shep thanks for your kind answer. As I explained in my post i was forced to go cold turkey from paroxetine and sleeping pills ...zopiclone  was the drug in the sleeping pills. I researched and read it is a benzo associate.whatever that means in terms of differentiation from actual benzos.since I have found this site I can say that on the one hand i feel great relief just for 1 being able to recognize and name each and every physical symptom i have had and  am still having.2 realizing that thousands of people are going through exactly the same symptoms. But...on the other hand this is paradoxically the loneliest place to be. Trying hard to explain the few people around me what this is about and not being told that this is about relapse or whatever. Recalling what i have been through last year which includes lockdown is extremely painful and traumatic.I was in survival mode.I just had the feeling I would die from a heart attack at any point.I just kept telling myself that I could not die because I have 2 dogs and kept thinking that if i died nobody would rescue them and that I would remain inside my house for days on end without anybody noticing it.that in itself was such a dreadful outcome to imagine that I guess the little energy I had was focused entirely on holding on regardless of the nightmare I was going through.it is only now that I am learning what was going and is still going on that I realize the scope of it all.Overwhelmed is just the proper term.not knowing how to continue and what will happen to me.I am not at a loss for words.all I know is that time is a luxury and in this day and age it is unfortunately one many of us cannot afford.Trying to find a little hope.not easy.still holding on.

Edited by Shep
added title after moving post off second intro thread.

• Moderator Emeritus

@Overwhelmedlady Please note I moved your last post off the second introduction you had started. Please don't start new threads. Instead, continue posting here on this thread. That way all your information is in one place. 

Going off paroxetine and zopiclone cold turkey is a brutal injury to your nervous system. It's unfortunate that this hasn't been more widely recognized. But that doesn't make it any less real. Remember:  it is temporary. Here are some success stories to give you some hope - Success stories: Recovery from psychiatric drug withdrawal

Have you seen any improvements since December 2019? 

Well.improvements are related mostly to physical symptoms. During most of 2019 while still on both paroxetine  10 mg and sleeping pills I had nausea everyday and both muscle pains and joint pains.also irritability was prominent. In fact I did report persistent nausea to the psychiatrist.i was confused and afraid.2020 was basically hell and survival mode. As from the beginning of this year on the psychological level some relief has come from the fact that some friends have reappeared and besides the economic assistance a couple of them are communicating with me so I feel less isolated.unfortunately terrible anxiety is persistent I do go out for basic things including pets but  racing heart is also an issue dry mouth some issues relating body temperature such as chills which never had in the past.then depressive mood of course but i can hardly imagine anyone not being anxious and depressed when external stressors are unmanageable.financial issues debts and so on.Windows are rare.but I had a couple of days throughout this year when I felt ok.I do sleep 5 hours average but from 5 am onwards.I stay in bed though till midday.very exhausted.cortisol spikes when awakening have also diminished.same as sweats at night.in general I do feel physically debilitated and stressed to the max.I do not know if anxiety an panic attack symptoms will ever diminish without medication.deeply worried about it since I feel some pressure from people around me who are convinced that I am not accepting help from a psychiatrist who might help with medication.how can I explain that I never felt like this before and that this whole lot of both physical and emotional symptoms are a different package and have nothing to do with previous mild depression or anxiety I went through in my life.I am 61 today.I lived 50 years without antidepressants.only therapy when I could afford it.I did take sleeping pills but I managed most of my issues.I made a huge mistake when I asked for antidepressants.too long I guess.thank you so much for your time and dedication @Shep

Edited by Shep
removed extra spaces at the end of post.

• Moderator Emeritus

It sounds like you're slowly making progress. Hang in there. It does get bette, but it's painfully slow. 

Hi @Shep.thanks for taking the time to answer.it is very kind of you.I am sharing this with you which is relevant though not strictly related.you surely know who he was but may be you have not read this.voidnetwork the privatisation of stress.mark fisher. Could not insert link.but you surely wil😏😏

• Moderator Emeritus

The voidnetwork looks like a cool site. And I totally agree about the privatization of stress. The sickness isn't us - it's the system. 

Hi @Shepthanks for your feedback.not having a good day.I have been reading a lot these days .other than that and getting out of the house with my 2 pets to buy groceries, that is what my schedule is about.I notice that adding knowledge about all these symptoms, side effects of meds and withdrawal makes me feel kind of trapped.what I mean is that instinctively I started the year rejecting any assistance which involved medication, these were mainly suggestions from a couple of friends. In January I did not even know about withdrawal though I rationally thought that quitting meds the way I was forced to do had been extremely risky.In the midst of desperation I tried to explain that very concrete worries related to debts ,insecure life conditions due to lack of material resources plus systemic failure of the mental health public assistance in my country also play a part in the way I feel.the word trapped is kind of related to the essays of the late mark fisher who wrote about mental health,depression and the social political context .the approach of psychiatry and even most therapies focus on the individual disconnected from the big picture ,as if it were strictly a question of willingness or effort.in sum you cannot change the system hence you have to fight this fight on your own.it depends on the individual and all one can do is swallow a pill and get over it.am I clear?that is why the sensation is that of a trap.am I supposed to pick up the pieces on my own? I read most of your story.I admire your strength.also your kindness and willingness to support others.some stories in this site are truly hard and sometimes even too painful to read.great courage to do what you have been doing. As for me,you are the only one answering my posts and I am honestly thankful for that.thanks again. I guess I will try to go through this difficult day and hope that tomorrow is less hard to get through.

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, Overwhelmedlady said:

that is why the sensation is that of a trap.am I supposed to pick up the pieces on my own?

I hear you. Unfortunately, the system is set up that way. But the good news is you've found a community of people who understand where you've been and can help encourage you along the way.

You may want to check out the various threads in the Relationship section, as folks are discussing how to best navigate through this journey and the isolation.

Relationships and social life

Also, the Finding Meaning section may be of interest:

Finding meaning

And you'll find plenty of people to talk about pets with here:

Pets and love, aww - post your pics here!

Hi. Thanks for answering.I did check your recommendations and I just finished listening to a mad in america short podcast which lasted about ten minutes and thought it was impeccable and quite in tune with the line of thought I mentioned in my last post.may be you  have listened to it already.it comments on a couple of articles. I might post a little bit more during the weekend.this one is just to thank you and wish you a good weekend. Tough roller  coaster this week. 

Hi @Shep

i forgot to include your name in my post so here it goes in case you do not view my previous post

Hi there OWL,

Welcome to a wonder community, we all understand what your going through,I think you are one strong lady to have come through all of these struggles since cold turkey. I can assure you , you will get better, never loss hope, take everyday as it comes and survive minute by minute. It’s the hardest and loneliest thing your going to have to do , but we are all here in the same boat. People that have gone through this are the only people that will understand. Friends try to help but they believe in the medical system that has harmed us. If your ever feeling down just post here and there will be someone that will hear you . It’s going to be hard but your not alone . Stay strong there is nothing wrong with you, your brain is just trying to find its way to stability . Huggs to you 

• 1995 started Paxil 20mg slowly increasing to 50mg 2014 I decided to tapper myself not knowing how too and crashed , DR added 50mg of Seroquel

• Through the years made many mistakes tapering

• Started Tapering Both drugs at the same time 7.5% per month Paxil 9% Seroquel doing daily micro-taper 

• Guided by Mark Horowitz

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Hi  @Cheekythanks for answering and sorry for my delayed post.I took some days to answer because I realize that sometimes reading too much about mental health does not help with my anxiety.sometimes it helps to get distracted with other topics.I do not have trouble with concentration so I can read about other stuff which i am interested in.physical exhaustion is an issue right now together with anxiety which is not easy to control due to unresolved financial issues and external stressors. In spite of it all I managed to have a relatively tranquil weekend.would not call it a window since that would mean a longer period without distress, but at least as I said it was relatively calm. As you surely know triggers are unpredictable and one gets anxious and unwell too easily. Lack of good sleep does not help either but for now sleeping 5 hours average is all i can hope for. I will probably post something else later or else tomorrow.I do not want to make this too long and boring.hope you are doing ok in spite of lockdown in down under.

1 hour ago, Overwhelmedlady said:

Hi  @Cheekythanks for answering and sorry for my delayed post.I took some days to answer because I realize that sometimes reading too much about mental health does not help with my anxiety.sometimes it helps to get distracted with other topics.I do not have trouble with concentration so I can read about other stuff which i am interested in.physical exhaustion is an issue right now together with anxiety which is not easy to control due to unresolved financial issues and external stressors. In spite of it all I managed to have a relatively tranquil weekend.would not call it a window since that would mean a longer period without distress, but at least as I said it was relatively calm. As you surely know triggers are unpredictable and one gets anxious and unwell too easily. Lack of good sleep does not help either but for now sleeping 5 hours average is all i can hope for. I will probably post something else later or else tomorrow.I do not want to make this too long and boring.hope you are doing ok in spite of lockdown in down under.

I’m happy to here the weekend was better for you . Take care of yourself 🌈

• 1995 started Paxil 20mg slowly increasing to 50mg 2014 I decided to tapper myself not knowing how too and crashed , DR added 50mg of Seroquel

• Started Tapering Both drugs at the same time 7.5% per month Paxil 9% Seroquel doing daily micro-taper 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @ShepI have not been posting lately because I am feeling quite hopeless at this point.It looks like I am one of the few people here who cannot interact with the majority of the members here because ,out of ignorance, I did not have the tapering option in the menu and so my chances of repairing and or reducing the damage is limited. And so I feel stuck without the tools necessary to make sure I am achieving a certain degree of recovery. I have only been able to add 100 mg of magnesium since, to make matters worse I am terribly  cash strapped, relying on some friends who are helping me financially. Magnesium has probably helped a little bit with heartbeat regulation and may be slightly diminished anxiety.Slightly. I do realize that   may be another huge difference between most members and myself is that I am not living in the first world,so to speak.Resources matter and so do social networks. I can not access a disability pension and even a normal pension is out of reach for me right now because  I do not qualify due to the last amendments to the pensions law in my country.  So, these are the main reasons why I feel kind of a pariah, trying hard to navigate each meaningless day and feeling without a compass. If only I could afford to eat a perfect diet like I used to in the past,if only I could pay for whatever non drug therapy available,if only...so.I do not know where to go from here.Living in a country where the sole concept of withdrawal is unheard of.what do you suggest? I am feeling awful.

• Moderator Emeritus
23 hours ago, Overwhelmedlady said:

So, these are the main reasons why I feel kind of a pariah, trying hard to navigate each meaningless day and feeling without a compass. If only I could afford to eat a perfect diet like I used to in the past,if only I could pay for whatever non drug therapy available,if only...so.I do not know where to go from here.Living in a country where the sole concept of withdrawal is unheard of.what do you suggest? I am feeling awful.

You're definitely not a pariah. And you're in good company - there are dozens of withdrawal forums with hundreds of thousands of people struggling to come off these drugs. And it comes with a lot of collateral damage, such as the inability to work and draw a salary. 

It may help to check out the success stories because this isn't something that lasts forever. Hang in there, Overhelmedlady. People do heal and here's the proof: 

Success stories: Recovery from psychiatric drug withdrawal

• Mentor

@Overwhelmedlady  I am so sorry you are suffering through all this.   I want to say your are a very remarkable women.   You have endured a lot by yourself.  There are thousands of us throughout the world trying to heal from these drugs.  You are in the right place to get encouragement and find some comfort that you are not alone. 

Reach out and makes some new friends.   We are all in this together.❤️

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

@Overwhelmedlady this will be the hardest thing you will ever endure, we all feel the same. You need to have support nobody can do this on there own, we’re here to help you get through this .one day at a time . Your doing great and you don’t realise it. Stay strong 💪  

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Hi @Shep @Cheekyand @GreatfulThanks for kindly replying to my post. I want to clarify my choice of the word pariah. Most members in this forum and probably in other communities online are trying to quit their meds gradually by tapering ,which is the correct way to do it. Those who tried to quit cold turkey like I did had to reinstate because they sort of crashed,which is the term used to describe the physical and emotional chaos caused by abrupt discontinuation.I myself tried to quit cold turkey once going from 20 mg paroxetine  to zero and crashed in a couple of weeks .That was around 2014. I then went back to 20mg .Of course I called my prescriber back then,informed her and was told that quitting was not recommended. Medicating Normal.Just to quote the name of the film.Or let's call it business as usual. Back to the last cold turkey, I had already reduced the dose from 20 to 10 mg for almost a year.When I took the last half pill,at the beginning of 2020, there was no prescriber to call at all. To be honest I was more worried about the sleeping pills at the time cause I knew that insomnia would be the worst issue after relying on that poison for more than 2  decades.I couldn't care less about paroxetine.I wanted to get rid of it. But little did I know about withdrawal regarding the latter.So,talking about success stories,I did find coldturkmama as an example of someone who went cold turkey many years ago. I find it hard to believe that anyone in the first world would go cold turkey nowadays.There is quite a bit of knowledge already regarding discontinuation of psy drugs.And people need to function.And tapering is the tool.Which I missed.In that sense, ,I have no control of the situation ,symptoms come and go at their will,there is nothing I can do in terms of harm reduction.Lately, as regards physical symptoms,chills have been an issue.Deregulation of body temperature seems to be quite frequent too. Or frequent flu like symptoms. It s still winter here but ,hey, I am not talking about below zero temperatures here. Never happened to me before...And I am already  one year and a half  in this hellish journey. And it is 3.00 am right now so I guess I will go on tomorrow. Saturday afternoon came with a little respite.More porthole than window if I may introduce a new concept. A small round window.20 degrees and no chills.a walk with my dogs to a very little green space, more brownish than green at this point. Grass not grown yet. Oh...the unkempt ruins all around....to match.

• Mentor

@OverwhelmedladyThis really is a hard journey. I wish I could do more for you, but know that I am here to listen.  This is a very painful journey that know one should go through alone.❤️

What are you doing for coping skills

Take care of yourself and keep reaching out

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Hi Thanks again for reading and answering my post.As regards coping skills, I have just read the long list of suggestions on the site but still have not tried any of them.If you can suggest something that has worked for you, I will appreciate any recommendation.Also, I will start following you cause you have surely been through tough times as well and are now more knowledgeable than myself.I have discovered the site just less than 2 months ago.Thanks for caring.

Hi  @Greatfulthe previous post was an answer to your answer to my lengthy post.

• Mentor

@Overwhelmedlady  I am sorry I didn't get back to you quicker.  I had a few bad days.😥

On 8/29/2021 at 5:54 PM, Overwhelmedlady said:

.If you can suggest something that has worked for you, I

I can't stress enough about meditation.  I started it around April,/ May, I was so desperate to find ways to help myself.  It really does help with not letting your thoughts take over and run the show.    Are you familiar with meditation?

I try to walk 6 days a week.

I have connected with a few members that I let the pain out to.  Mia1 is excellent in meditation and acceptance.

Really work on self love and kindness to yourself.

Success stories are a good place to get encouragement. 

I think you would enjoy kenA thread

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/22768-☼-kena-8-months-in-withdrawal-after-ct/

He just did his success story last weekend.  But read his whole thread.  He does get back to you if you have any questions on anything.

Do you do youtube at all?  This lady is therapist and has really good video's on self help

https://www.youtube.com/c/TherapyinaNutshell/videos?view=0&sort=p&she

this guy does video's on withdrawal he is recovered from Paxil and Xanax

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheLovelyGrind/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0

One more thing I think you will like.  It is a story about a woman that recovered from benzos.  It spells out what is your brain is doing to repair.

Altostrata equates it to any drug that affects your brain

Click on the

I have given you a lot to look at. I hope I don't overwhelm you.

I will check back with you later

Hang in there. Remember you are a remarkable and strong  woman❤️

Hi @GreatfulThanks for all your recommendations,I have already read a couple of them.I probably need to explore meditation because I am quite worried about insomnia. That is one of the big issues for me and I am truly afraid of never being able to have a normal sleep pattern again.After reading some stories I  was surprised to find out that some people had exactly the same sleep pattern I have.And even the same bad awakening.  Sleeping no more than 5 hours and waking up many times ,going to the toilet,tossing and turning,etc.The other big issue is fatigue.Being unable to do many tasks .I have been very active for most of my adult life,gym,walks,etc.I have 2 dogs now,one of them will be 11 in November.Amber has been my faithful companion and angel all these years.We used to have long walks,but now she cannot walk much.Gaia is 7. She is her daughter.So, we go out more than once a day but it s just short walks,going to the grocery stores or just walking around slowly and not more than half an hour.Anyway,they have been by my side through all this and I believe that if it wasn't for them,I wouldn't be here today. I no longer have mood swings now.As if I had stabilized in a depressive mood.feeling physically drained and only getting distracted by reading or watching YouTube local,international news,politics,mental health,different topics. Feeling a lot of pressure both by my friends,though understandably,and by my personal circumstances,unable to find the way out.I guess it would be easier if I could figure out how to navigate so much distress having so little energy.

• Mentor

@Overwhelmedlady 

20 hours ago, Overwhelmedlady said:

I have 2 dogs now,one of them will be 11 in November.Amber has been my faithful companion and angel all these years.We used to have long walks,but now she cannot walk much.Gaia is 7. She is her daughter.

I am glad to see you have two furry helpers.  Dogs are the most devoted animal and great companions.  I have a dog Maddy she is 7 she follows me around the house. Unconditional love ❤️

I am so glad to see you reached out to Mia1.  She is a great teacher when it comes to meditation, acceptance and positivity.

She has helped me more than I can ever say.  

I am glad that found SA, it is the worlds biggest life raft.  We are all trying to navigate through the maze of w/d, we are in this together❤️

Hi @Shep  @Greatful @Mia1Ineed some urgent advice.Tomorrow night,after a very long time I will go to an old friend s house for dinner.Other 2 childhood friends will attend.They are going to insist on the idea of seeing a psychiatrist to get medication.They believe I am stuck and that being medicated is the only solution.I feel very stressed and I would rather they read all the things I have been reading and watch all the videos I have been watching.I feel too exhausted to try to convince anyone.I know I am right but It hurts me to hear the news that some people think that I am just doing nothing to feel better.It's yet another nightmare.I had a horrible week so far,making huge efforts just to leave the house with my dogs or going to a grocery store.Which links or articles should I give them to read?.I have just read one from the Royal College of psychiatrists which refers to antidepressant and withdrawal.As suggested by Horowitz,the psychiatrist. Please help.This is just too much.These poisons have ruined me.The sole mention of medication gives me nausea at this point.

• Mentor

@Overwhelmedlady  

12 hours ago, Overwhelmedlady said:

Ineed some urgent advice.Tomorrow night,after a very long time I will go to an old friend s house for dinner.Other 2 childhood friends will attend.They are going to insist on the idea of seeing a psychiatrist to get medication.

I am so sorry that you are not getting the support you need from your friends.   I really hope that they are open to hearing you out.  Have a plan to leave If it gets to stressful.

Let us know how it goes. 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/10914-what-is-happening-in-your-brain/

Here is a link from the Symptoms & Self Care here on SA  It has a lot of links in it.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/603-what-is-withdrawal-syndrome/

This link will bring you to Journals and scientific sources 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forum/16-from-journals-and-scientific-sources/

http://Brain remodeling

Hi @GreatfulThank you so much for the links.I have also been searching for info to offer as some kind of evidence to explain or try to explain what this suffering is all about.I am not sure they will spend the necessary time to read. Two of them are taking antidepressants.One of them has been on duloxetine for almost a year.The other one is on escitalopram and tapering from 20 to 10 mg. Apparently feeling no withdrawal symptoms. Very common situation as far as I know.Of course I will let you know what their reaction is.The point here is that they are assisting me financially and are worried.It would surely be different if I was financially secure.Very difficult situation indeed.Thanks again. 

Hi @GreatfulThank you so much for the links.I have also been searching for info to offer as some kind of evidence to explain or try to explain what this suffering is all about.I am not sure they will spend the necessary time to read. Two of them are taking antidepressants.One of them has been on duloxetine for almost a year.The other one is on escitalopram and tapering from 20 to 10 mg. Apparently feeling no withdrawal symptoms. Very common situation as far as I know.Of course I will let you know what their reaction is.The point here is that they are assisting me financially and are worried.It would surely be different if I was financially secure.Very difficult situation indeed.Thanks again. 

• Mentor

@Overwhelmedlady  How did your visit with your friends go?

Hi @GreatfulI posted a long thread about it but I don't know what went wrong.

• Mentor

@Overwhelmedlady  Sometimes that happens.  If you have the energy I would like to hear how it went.  If not that is okay too❤️

Hi @GreatfulDinner was ok.I hadn't been to anybody's house for a very long time.I took a taxi on my own and got there.This in itself was challenging since I realize I also suffer from a certain degree of agoraphobia.For what I have been reading this is a withdrawal symptom related to coming off zopyclone, the drug in my sleeping pills which I took for over 20 years.I have been reading many newspaper articles related to withdrawal  which are posted

in Mark Horowitz blog.You might be interested in checking those as well.So,to sum up.I can say that my little Windows come only on Saturdays.The rest of the week is really hard,with a sense of doom,and both helplessness and hopelessness.The more I read and learn the more these feelings intensify since there seems to be no certainty of ever recovering or,of the time,years that recovery might occur if it ever happens. My situation is really desperate.I am 61, have no income ,I have debts which can only be cancelled if I sell my apartment and though I might explain to others what this is about,people believe that I must somehow put an end to this inaction in order to stop things getting worse.On my side the impossibility of trying to solve this whole mess I am in, makes things worse. Considering my age and my circumstances ,it does feel like a death sentence.Knowing that I am urged to leave this state of paralysis and being unable to do it.Feeling exhausted most of the time.