quinoline Antipsychotics And Anhedonia

quinoline

Hello peeps, how's it going?

I would like to connect all the people on this forum who are still active who are struggling with Anhedonia related to Antipsychotics. If that's possible.

I had a hospitalisation because of continuous fighting with my parents, and the last time at the end of year 2020 i lost my emotions. I hope that's clear and lets not delve into that more than necessary.

The situation got A BIT better after around 6 months, i could read some superficial articles and keep myself entertained a bit better compared to earlier. The first 6 months i derived pleasure as if i was reading numbers or something, that level of enjoyment. Imagine reading formulas that you do not really understand and it's all you have...

Also, after it got a bit better it's as if i'm TASK ORIENTED. thats my way of thinking now. im practical in my thinking. also to add, as im unneployed and dont go out ofthe house ido not bathe often, i dont think its thatnecessary, and i noticed that i dont have an odour no matter how long i dont bath.

I would call this condition "impaired subjectivity". it's also related in some sense to memory, as in, i can not hold a thaught or idea and relate other concepts to it. Which is something really unfortunate to lose as someone who likes to read and think about ideas etc.

That much i have to say about the assesment of the situation as i experiance it.

Recovery seems kinda... i don't know. Figured perhaps it would be better known condition if it were permanent. People would stand up, the medical and other communities would get involved. Then again, it could beargued that antipsychotics are a necesarry evil, so this effect is put under the carpet. Which i kinda can't believe. Truly too inhuman. There would be a movement and such. Idk what to think.

What to write more? I wouldlike to gather everything and everyone here, talk about symptoms, durations and perhaps stories of recovery. It would be helpful.

Thanks for reading and the eventual participation and sharing of your stories and experiances.

Lots of hospitalisations in a span of a few years, aprox. 7, haldol injections

Hi Quinoline, 

welcome to SA. Anhedonia is a very hard symptom to have to deal with and I am sorry you are struggling with it. 

Please create a drug signature with more specific dates if possible. What is CCA 7. When did you last take haldol? What are you currently taking? 

We are a site for withdrawing from psychiatric drugs not about just discussing side effects from taking psychiatric drugs. While there is no pressure for you to stop taking your drugs, it is just not the type of site we are. There might be other sites where people can post about their experiences of taking antipsychotics. 

Are you currently struggling with withdrawal? Are you tapering off of your medicine? What are your symptoms besides anhedonia? 

We already have a thread on anhedonia, you are welcome to read it and share your thoughts there. Many of us are struggling with that symptom whether it is from antidepressants or from benzos or antipsychotics. 

Apathy, anhedonia, emotional numbness, emotional anesthesia - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving Antidepressants

This is your thread and is here to discuss your case and any help you might need from us. 

Hope you start feeling better soon

OMW

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

Hi Onmyway, the last haldol injection i got was around 8. month of 2020 and thats the last thing in my system, so like a year passed. After the 6. month i got partially better. Therewere certain event's coupled with thi partial recovery, i'm now like radically pragmatic. I do not care for peoples emotions, i just want get stuff done, i'm a highly self-aware individual and i just don't tolerate stupidity. Or perhaps i'm losing my mind. I'm not really sure. Something shifted in me.

I don't know what to say i just want this to be over. Someonethatiusedtoknow, the user, hes still not ok after almost 2 years. And everyone is having kinda different symptoms. My only symptom is anhedonia.

Makes work so hard and boring. 

I want this over. 

Greetingssss

Lots of hospitalisations in a span of a few years, aprox. 7, haldol injections

• Altostrata changed the title to quinoline Antipsychotics And Anhedonia