Swiffy: Stopped fluoxetine too fast

Guest Swiffy

• Moderator Emeritus

2mg of which drug?

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Im in a Wave since 7 Months, No Windows completely sleepless. Im in a point when i think i have to do Something because i cant live in this hell.

Im wondering if reinstatement is a possibilty, i dont know it. But i need Support.

I was in a Hospital and the have me 200 mg Seroquel. Since then Dizzyness and heartracing getting better, Not good but better. My sleep is the biggest Problem.

I really need Support... Im in Danger of suicide 😓

• Moderator Emeritus

Swiffy, what drugs are you taking now? Are you till on Seroquel? When did you reinstate Prozac? How often are you taking Zoplicone, which you have listed in your signature as "if necessary"? Please note we do not recommend periodic benzos or z-drugs. 

Please start a drug and symptoms journal. Here is an example:

DATE:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

Hey,

thank you so much for your answer!

I only take Seroquel 200 mg in the evening at 8 PM. Since 6 weeks. Than sleeping at 10:30 PM for 1 hour and sleeping again from 12 PM Till 2:30 AM.

I reinstated prozac 10 mg for 2 days which was too much. I tried it before 4 Months but stopped because i was too scary. I dont know what to do. I read about insomnia but nooene sleeps so bad like me. They all have Windows with 6 or 8 hours of sleep.

My mood in the journey ist allways the Same. Heartracing 24/7, drum in my head and tingling over my Body since i took 10 mg Prozac.

I waited for so Long for a little relief, but nothing Happens.

I took zopiclone perhaps 2 or 3 times at week.

Greetings 🍀

• Moderator Emeritus
11 minutes ago, Swiffy said:

I only take Seroquel 200 mg in the evening at 8 PM. Since 6 weeks. Than sleeping at 10:30 PM for 1 hour and sleeping again from 12 PM Till 2:30 AM.

I reinstated prozac 10 mg for 2 days which was too much. I tried it before 4 Months but stopped because i was too scary.

Please add this information to your signature. We also need the dates. 

Account Settings - Create or Update Your Signature

We also need the drug and symptoms journal for several days. Include the time and dose for the Zoplicone for the nights you take it. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Swiffy, Shep, one of the administrators, has requested that you post your daily symptom notes.

There is a very good reason for her requesting this.  You might think that your symptoms are always the same and they might feel that way to you.  However the staff can sometimes see a pattern that you are not able to see.  They do not request these notes for no reason.  The staff understands that taking the notes can be a lot of effort for a member to do.

You ask for help.  How can you expect the staff to help you when you will not provide the notes that the staff have asked for?

Please note that staff members are peers and do not get paid for the time they spend here.  We are not medical professionals.  Staff also have their own lives outside of SA.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

6:30: woke up after taking a zopiclone at 3:00 am. Heartracing ((constantly), suicidal thoughts, anxiety

10:00 Breakfast

11:00 Gas Station

12:00 lunch

12:30 lying in the bed, Not able to do anything

18:30 eat Something

20:00 taking Seroquel

22:00 sleeping for 2 hours

Heartracing, drum in my head, Tremor are constantly

• Moderator Emeritus
40 minutes ago, Swiffy said:

6:30: woke up after taking a zopiclone at 3:00 am. Heartracing ((constantly), suicidal thoughts, anxiety

Please add the doses for your drugs. 

How do you feel after taking Seroquel? Is the heartracing better or worse after taking zopiclone? 

On 12/25/2021 at 7:23 AM, Swiffy said:

P.S.: Dizzyness and heartracing are going better since i took Seroquel.

Does the heartracing stop after you take a dose of Seroquel or do you feel that the heartracing is less intense throughout the day now that you're taking Seroquel? 

• Moderator Emeritus
43 minutes ago, Swiffy said:

Is this normal that im in a Wave since stopping Fluoxetine without Windows?

Yes, some people do not experience windows but see gradual improvements over time. That's very common. 

Hi,

thanks a lot for your answer 🙏

The Heartracing is fewer since i Take Seroquel 200 mg (Beginning November) But sometimes its more for an half hour after taking in the evening. Its constantly there, 24/7. It is never stopped. 

Dizzyness, DP, confusion and Tremor are better since i Take Seroquel. Not good, but better ...

When i Take zopiclone its less...

After taking Seroquel im very very tired, but i only sleep 2 or 3 hours. I need a long time to fall asleep. Without Seroquel i sleep Not at all 😓 Im Always awake.

Before stopping Fluoxetine i was a great great sleeper....

Do you know people who had this pattern of improvement like you told me Above? 

I cant do this for longer. I was Always a calm and lucky Woman...

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Swiffy said:

Hi Swiffy,

And that is an okay first try to doing Notes/daily symptom and drug logs.

We really need to see what symptoms are like before and after your drugs, and so......keep trying to do this, and go for 24 hours at a time(yes, you can sleep, but go back and then fill in the hours, and symptoms), and then post a couple of days at a time.  Date at the top, and then on the left the times.  On the right, drugs- by name and with dosage.  Symptoms and activities.  Sleep.

Some will rate the symptoms, if they are occurring all the time.  Using numbers.  Like say: Heartracing- 1, for hardly at all, and 10, for it is really racing, and you can feel it everywhere.

Just make your own symptom rating, tell us what it is.  And then include your symptoms on the right, throughout the day too, in your Note/daily drug and symptom journals.

This will help us all Swiffy.

That's the only way to help get a more objective view of things, so we might help you, or make suggests.

1 hour ago, Swiffy said:

Im wondering if i should reinstate again a little amount of 2,5 mg Prozac....

And im wondering how people can Recover If they dont sleep 😓

If your main interest is to get on drugs again to recover, and you want to talk about that with others mainly, you might be better served at  other sites, like DepressionForums.org or PatientsLikeMe.com.

Do you understand about WD(withdrawal) yet and how so many of your symptoms are related to that?  Is it a language difficulty we are having?

Would you like more links to the topics that explain WD(withdrawal) and the symptoms that we so often see?

And then......patience, oh if I could only dole out patience for you now......rather than despair and discouragement......and so, I will try to send you patience right now.

I know it's very hard right now, and has been for months.  Again, so sorry Swiffy.

Oh. insomnia is the worst, and so many here suffer that WD symptom.

And......many do recover.......I think most do recover.

What have you tried so far, non-drug coping wise when you are suffering insomnia?

See:  Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Do you have any guided audio's to listen too, in German that are helpful?  Of the meditation, or relaxation varieties?  Those can help, and also they help distract from the obsessive thoughts of never healing or seeing and feeling progress.

Okay, and best.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt(manymoretodays)

Edited by manymoretodays
additional, and more on notes, bolding

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

@SwiffyIs your Seroquel immediate release or sustained release? Are you taking any supplements? If so, please include them in your drug and symptom notes and include the dose. 

17 hours ago, Swiffy said:

The Heartracing is fewer since i Take Seroquel 200 mg (Beginning November) But sometimes its more for an half hour after taking in the evening.

After taking Seroquel im very very tired, but i only sleep 2 or 3 hours.

I'm wondering if you're having a paradoxical reaction, so knowing what type of Seroquel you take is important. 

Without Seroquel i sleep Not at all 😓 Im Always awake.

Are you taking Seroquel every night or are you skipping doses? 

Hi 👋🏼

i take Seroquel with immediate Release. I slowly increased the Dosis from 50 to 200 mg. With 200 mg i get a little bit sleep. I have improvement of Dizzyness, Tremor, DR, and a little bit of heartracing.

Do you know what it could bei that heartracing never stopped from Beginning of Withdrawal Prozac. 

I take it every night...

Do you have Clues for me how the Symptom pattern works when people without Windows do Recover?

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh hugs Swiffy. 

Just humor me here okay.......and let me help you shift to healing and recovery thoughts a bit.  I believe that ALL can recover.  I mean why not?  Picture yourself sleeping well again, and going about your days with a new lightness and comfort and peace.  Just give it a try.

Imagery.  Along the lines of what you think, you will be......

Were you very focused or even obsessive about things prior to drugs and WD?  It can be a WD symptom too.  See these:

Withdrawal causing repetitive or intrusive thoughts, rumination, and increased panic?

Obsessive compulsive disorder or OCD......

^especially read through the first post

And this might be something you could find help to learn to cope now with.  Some members will work with non- drug prescribing professionals and/or do self help type programs to help cope.

And yay.......you are trying some coping practices too Swiffy.  That's good.  It can take time AND practice for even those to really help.  And good to keep exploring along the lines of non-drug coping.  I have to continually refresh my coping.  Sometimes add in something new.  And just the sheer repetitiveness of doing certain things daily I found to take some time, before I actually felt like I was changing internally.

I hope that helps.

And so, do you take Seroquel every night now, 200 mg ?

What time?

How long have you been taking the 200 mg dose every night??

Any other current drugs and supplements?

Please, if you are up to it......would you update your signature too.

Just go to:  AccountSettings/signature

Do your best to translate to English there too.

And then don't forget to hit SAVE when done there.

And best, Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hey,

thank you so much for your answer.

Its hard to believe that im healing, because im in a Wave since Beginning of the WD and i See No Light. Never.

And yes, i had a Problem with hyperfocus before and during taping the drugs.

I had an suicidal issue but fortunately my Boyfriend found me and brang me to the Hospital. Now im glad to be Alive, but i have still this suicidal thoughts in the Morning and Midday. In the evening i feel a little bit better.

I will try to Work with your positive Imaginations... But my symptoms are so hard, espacially the Heartracing... It feels Like IT would never go away... I read that people who are a long time in WD have allways Windows. So i hope that i will get one soon too. I need IT so urgently...

Today my doctor increased the Seroquel on 400 mg. I hope i will find a little bit more sleep with it.

Thank you for your tipps and links, i will read them and try Out.

I take no other drugs or Supplements. I tried Fish oil. It Males me tired, but i have Reflux from it 🐟🐟

Concerning reinstatement: i think its normal that you wondering to do it when you suffering so much. I saw a couple of people here where Had a late reinstatement that works...

Greetings 🍀🍀🍀

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Swiffy,

Try, try and give us an objective picture of a few days.

Just start with today.

27th December(put that at the top)

And then times on the left. Like:

2:29 pm- replying to Swiffy's last post (this is just an example, to help you do it too)

Do this on paper first, and then share in a reply when you have a full 24 hours going.

Example:

DATE:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

And more here on how to, what we want to see, etc.

Notes/daily drug and symptom logs

1 hour ago, Swiffy said:

Today my doctor increased the Seroquel on 400 mg. I hope i will find a little bit more sleep with it.

Ooftah, says I.  Why more?  I not sure you will find more sleep with it.  I think if it was me, I might stick with the 200 mg for right now.  How long have you been on 200 mg ?  Since when?

And then list all drugs, supplements, and symptoms to the right of the times in your daily drug and symptom journals.  Make sure you note the names of drugs or supplements and doses.  Also note your symptoms with brief descriptions and rate the intensity of them.

That will really, really help us help you.

I'm glad you get a break in the evenings from feeling so awful and the suicidal ideation.  It's just a thought, just know that.  Thoughts come and go, at will.  It doesn't mean that is your reality forever.  So sorry, this stuff is so tough to manage sometimes.  So another hug to hang on tight.  Before you know it, you'll be telling us about all your nice windows.

Okay, thanks Swiffy.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

• Moderator Emeritus
16 hours ago, Swiffy said:

@SwiffyIf you're going to double your antipsychotic dose, you'll need to work with your doctor, not us.

On 12/26/2021 at 3:12 PM, manymoretodays said:

If your main interest is to get on drugs again to recover, and you want to talk about that with others mainly, you might be better served at  other sites, like DepressionForums.org or PatientsLikeMe.com.

As Manymoretodays wrote, forums such as DepressionForums.org or PatientsLikeMe.com are for people who want to take psychiatric drugs. Surviving Antidepressants is solely for those who are tapering and want off.

I suggest you work with your doctor until you are stable enough to taper and then come back to this site.