Dysfunction within APA

meistersinger

This link fro GRASP, an Asperger's support group. Frankly, after looking at this, I hope the APA destroys themselves. I'd rather take my chances on WHO's ICD-10.

http://grasp.org/profiles/blogs/understanding-the-spectrum-of-dysfunction-with-the-dsm-5-a-report

History:

1995--Prozac--Quit CT by GP

1995--Effexor--Quit per my GP

1996--Amitriphene--Quit CT when changed GP

2005--Citalopram and BusPar. Prescribed when I decompensated in my GP's office. GP referred me to behavior health. Psychiatrist prescibed these drugs. Taken off citalopram in 2011 due to FDA warning. Quit Buspar during transition to viibryd.

Viibryd--2011 to present. Had a severe reaction in March 2012. Advised both GP and Psychiatrist I was trying to get off these drugs.

• Administrator

Amazing. A DSM-5 committee had a conference call with a patient advocacy group.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Amazing. A DSM-5 committee had a conference call with a patient advocacy group.

And with a group that was trying to be neutural in the entire matter. Not like autism speaks, who have obviously sold out to Big PHARMA. I thought maybe civil discourse would at least been the order. I didn't expect Rush Limbaugh-like tactics to be employed, as the tone of this communique inferred. I was right all along: there is no room for civility in our culture anymore. My mother was right: maybe I ought to live in a hole in the ground and become a hermit.

History:

1995--Prozac--Quit CT by GP

1995--Effexor--Quit per my GP

1996--Amitriphene--Quit CT when changed GP

2005--Citalopram and BusPar. Prescribed when I decompensated in my GP's office. GP referred me to behavior health. Psychiatrist prescibed these drugs. Taken off citalopram in 2011 due to FDA warning. Quit Buspar during transition to viibryd.

Viibryd--2011 to present. Had a severe reaction in March 2012. Advised both GP and Psychiatrist I was trying to get off these drugs.