Aliaok1: I need help and support guys ... must read!

Aliaok1

Hello guys I'm new here and my English language is a bit bad but i will try my best to explain pls stay tuned 🥺 ..... I was suffering from anxiety which is kinda severe at first only social anxiety and moderate depression it all started when i was around 13 years old i just couldn't take any bad word or anything i may see it bad or not appropriate to say so if i here bad word or someone makes jokes about me or anything like that i enter a severe depression/anxiety state for 3 days and then it resolve . I return normal after 3 days and ....i cand handle being with ppl i get anxious and shy and get low confidence and like so .... .....

HOW IT ALL STARTED! .....

when i entered 24 i tried to cure myself so i went to a therapist then i was put on multiple drugs changing for 1 year with no significant effect on my overall health until the day i tried ecitalopram i really felt great everything was ok and i gained my life back and more i was so happy and enjoying but after 6 months i quited cold turkey and......

HELL OPENED THE DOORS!. Panic attack and anxiety and severe depression like hell i couldn't handle this until i contacted my physician and returned to another med (zoloft) i was kinda better but not good no panic attacks then after 3 months on it i tried to get off of it so i took 25 mg down from 50 mg for 1 week and then i dropped it i suffered withdrawal at first and then after a few weeks i was good and getting better my motivation returned and i was like a day good and a day not really but getting slightly better day after day but i suffered fear from dark with low confidence but i was feeling better ..

THEN.... i married my girl and after a while i was hard with her like focusing on the minor things so i decided i need to return to my medication to help me with this thing but then everything was bad i was so depressed and so anxious for 2 months with returning to ecitalopram then i moved to prozac and i was a little better with it but still not feeling good so i decided again to quite so i dii like zoloft 1 week 20 mg down from 40 mg and then dropped it .

WHAT'S ABOUT NOW. 

at first i was good first weeks then i entered in severe depression anxiety state then it got lifted a lil bit my anxiety is better then when returned to ecitalopram or prozac but i feel low self-esteem and excessive thinking and and i think I'm recovering but Very slowly like I'm feeling like the old me when i was so anxious when i hear anything about me and i feel like I'm having weak personality but zero motivation and sometimes i feel so sad not like when i dropped my zoloft after few weeks my motivation returned no its different  😧!

SO GUYYS WHAT SHOULD I DO?!. sometimes i think about returning to the meds and sometimes I'm afraid of going back to my old self when i was triggered by anything into depression anxiety cycle I'm really confused and i don't know what to do? 

5 months without the meds !

Every single drug ... changing thru 1 year till 

Ecitalopram the one that worked for me before .....2018

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

5 months without any drug 

• Aliaok1 changed the title to Aliaok1:I need help and support guys ...must read !
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello Aliaok1

And welcome on SA. 

This site is run entirely by volunteer Administrators and Moderators, all have been through or going through withdrawal.

There are no commercial interests or influences  involved.

--》 I understand that you've given the infos above but could you please 

please create a drug signature ? Please include drugs, dates, discontinuations. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can, and allow us to see your history at a glance.

This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

-> If I'm right, you quit Zoloft 5 months ago and are now drug free ?

-> Are you taking supplements ?

You are describing common withdrawal symptoms from a lot of drug changes and a fast taper.

We usually recommend very slow tapers with no more than 10% drops every four weeks.

This might help you to understand what is happening :

On 8/30/2011 at 9:28 PM, Rhiannon :

"When we stop taking the drug, we have a brain that has designed itself so that it works in the presence of the drug; now it can't work properly without the drug because it's designed itself so that the drug is part of its chemistry and structure. It's like a plant that has grown on a trellis; you can't just yank out the trellis and expect the plant to be okay. When the drug is removed, the remodeling process has to take place in reverse. SO--it's not a matter of just getting the drug out of your system and moving on. If it were that simple, none of us would be here. It's a matter of, as I describe it, having to grow a new brain. I believe this growing-a-new-brain happens throughout the taper process if the taper is slow enough. (If it's too fast, then there's not a lot of time for actually rebalancing things, and basically the brain is just pedaling fast trying to keep us alive.) It also continues to happen, probably for longer than the symptoms actually last, throughout the time of recovery after we are completely off the drug, which is why recovery takes so long."

--》 The only way we know to mitigate withdrawal syndrome is reinstatement. However, it has to be done cautiously, at a very low dose.

Please read this thread carefully and ask questions :

about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms

Reinstatement or not, people do get better. It can take time and is often a very gradual process but healing happens.

You might find comfort in our Success Stories  :

success-stories-recovery-from-withdrawal/

Again, welcome  ☺

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

On 2/18/2021 at 10:39 PM, Erell said:

Hello Aliaok1

And welcome on SA. 

This site is run entirely by volunteer Administrators and Moderators, all have been through or going through withdrawal.

There are no commercial interests or influences  involved.

--》 I understand that you've given the infos above but could you please 

please create a drug signature ? Please include drugs, dates, discontinuations. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can, and allow us to see your history at a glance.

This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

-> If I'm right, you quit Zoloft 5 months ago and are now drug free ?

-> Are you taking supplements ?

You are describing common withdrawal symptoms from a lot of drug changes and a fast taper.

We usually recommend very slow tapers with no more than 10% drops every four weeks.

This might help you to understand what is happening :

On 8/30/2011 at 9:28 PM, Rhiannon :

"When we stop taking the drug, we have a brain that has designed itself so that it works in the presence of the drug; now it can't work properly without the drug because it's designed itself so that the drug is part of its chemistry and structure. It's like a plant that has grown on a trellis; you can't just yank out the trellis and expect the plant to be okay. When the drug is removed, the remodeling process has to take place in reverse. SO--it's not a matter of just getting the drug out of your system and moving on. If it were that simple, none of us would be here. It's a matter of, as I describe it, having to grow a new brain. I believe this growing-a-new-brain happens throughout the taper process if the taper is slow enough. (If it's too fast, then there's not a lot of time for actually rebalancing things, and basically the brain is just pedaling fast trying to keep us alive.) It also continues to happen, probably for longer than the symptoms actually last, throughout the time of recovery after we are completely off the drug, which is why recovery takes so long."

--》 The only way we know to mitigate withdrawal syndrome is reinstatement. However, it has to be done cautiously, at a very low dose.

Please read this thread carefully and ask questions :

about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms

Reinstatement or not, people do get better. It can take time and is often a very gradual process but healing happens.

You might find comfort in our Success Stories  :

success-stories-recovery-from-withdrawal/

Again, welcome  ☺

Hello erell...yes 5 months ....and no motivation and a little bit sad ...less anxiety.........but dude my biggest now is that that I'm sensitive to my wife not like when i was on prozac now I'm thinking about anything she says and sometimes fighting with her over minor subjects and I'm thinking that she might hate the new me and its exhausting me thinking about that subject man sometimes i think about returning to the drug! And i don't take any supplements

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

• Administrator

Hello, Aliaok1.

We can't offer relationship counseling here, but you may work with a counselor or have some open conversations with your wife if issues have come up that were hidden by your taking antidepressants.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

16 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hello, Aliaok1.

We can't offer relationship counseling here, but you may work with a counselor or have some open conversations with your wife if issues have come up that were hidden by your taking antidepressants.

Ok ..but what about the other things what should i do and I'm just thinking about returning to antidepressants man 🥺

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

20 hours ago, Aliaok1 said:

Ok ..but what about the other things what should i do and I'm just thinking about returning to antidepressants man 🥺

Making impulsive decisions is anxiety. 

Learn to accept the feelings until you gradually feel better. It doesn't get better overnight.

It's taken 2 + yrs for me but VERY worth it.

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

• Mentor

Hello aliaok1 welcome to SA!  If you want off this meds you are in the rt place for help and support!  
One question to ask yourself-

Did you have these issues before taking the medication or withdrawing from this medication?

Be honest with yourself so you can go to the next step in a resolution!

Now I will tell you these drugs will cause relationship and social issues for sure! You can search this on SA. For me personally Over the years I can look back and see it plain as day that ssri caused me a few issues as you described. Being on lexapro and especially tapering too much causes me to be sensitive to negative statements and comments made to me at home and work . It’s almost like it causes me to obsess over little things good or bad. I have noticed more arguments at different times on this medication. These symptoms has been more or less intense during taking ssris . I haven’t figured out rhyme or reason. It has only happened to me a few times. When it did I would notice it a few hrs later. But it is more during withdrawals. 

I didn’t not do this before I took this drug!

Donot make any major decisions during this time of withdrawals!

Be mindful of what is happening to your body !

hang in there !

2000-2013 Paxil - 1 year fast taper

2013-2018 merry go round
zoloft, cymbalta, lamictal, Prozac.

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Oct 2020 reinstated to 9 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed. 

On 3/3/2021 at 9:23 PM, Heath said:

Hello aliaok1 welcome to SA!  If you want off this meds you are in the rt place for help and support!  

Did you have these issues before taking the medication or withdrawing from this medication?

Now I will tell you these drugs will cause relationship and social issues for sure! You can search this on SA. For me personally Over the years I can look back and see it plain as day that ssri caused me a few issues as you described. Being on lexapro and especially tapering too much causes me to be sensitive to negative statements and comments made to me at home and work . It’s almost like it causes me to obsess over little things good or bad. I have noticed more arguments at different times on this medication. These symptoms has been more or less intense during taking ssris . I haven’t figured out rhyme or reason. It has only happened to me a few times. When it did I would notice it a few hrs later. But it is more during withdrawals. 

hang in there !

Not gonna lie i was super sensitive before starting ssris and the meds made it better somehow I don't know,?

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

On 3/3/2021 at 9:23 PM, Heath said:

hang in there !

،man i can handle anything but being sensitive to anything comes from my wife its just make me wanna return to SSRIs

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

Guys I've been without medication since 6 months my symptoms vary from severe to mild. But a couple days ago i started feeling irritability in my chest and palpitations what should i do is it withdrawal symptoms?

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Aliaok1 said:

irritability in my chest and palpitations what should i do is it withdrawal symptoms

Chest pain and palpitations are common withdrawal symptoms.  It would be a good idea to see a doctor to make sure there aren't non-withdrawal heart issues.

Irregular heartbeats, palpitations, tachycardia, bradycardia ...

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

On 3/14/2021 at 12:26 AM, Gridley said:

Chest pain and palpitations are common withdrawal symptoms.  It would be a good idea to see a doctor to make sure there aren't non-withdrawal heart issues.

Irregular heartbeats, palpitations, tachycardia, bradycardia ...

Man my h.pylori test its positive and my stomach pain is killing me!

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

• 1 month later...

Hello guys this is my second post in here .

This just an update to my situation 

- I have been without the meds since 9 or 10 months and I'm now 

- my general anxiety is reduced a little bit but my social anxiety increase sometimes and sometimes not but Sometimes i feel like my heart want to get out of my body and irritable but not that much of really racing heart like panic attack no. 

-no motivation just little feeling of enjoyment too little i can't even realize if i enjoyed or not 

-sometimes i feel very sad very sad and it takes long time to dissolve a little bit

-my sensitivity to my wife sometimes decreases and sometimes not 

-my confidence is low 

WHAT SHOULD I DO GUYS PLS TELL ME YOUR SUCCESS STORIES how long does it take to return to normal ....my last med was prozac and i reduced my dose from 20 

To 10 during 2 weeks and then stopped taking it !

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

On 2/16/2021 at 11:23 PM, Aliaok1 said:

Hello guys I'm new here and my English language is a bit bad but i will try my best to explain pls stay tuned 🥺 ..... I was suffering from anxiety which is kinda severe at first only social anxiety and moderate depression it all started when i was around 13 years old i just couldn't take any bad word or anything i may see it bad or not appropriate to say so if i here bad word or someone makes jokes about me or anything like that i enter a severe depression/anxiety state for 3 days and then it resolve . I return normal after 3 days and ....i cand handle being with ppl i get anxious and shy and get low confidence and like so .... .....

when i entered 24 i tried to cure myself so i went to a therapist then i was put on multiple drugs changing for 1 year with no significant effect on my overall health until the day i tried ecitalopram i really felt great everything was ok and i gained my life back and more i was so happy and enjoying but after 6 months i quited cold turkey and......

HELL OPENED THE DOORS!. Panic attack and anxiety and severe depression like hell i couldn't handle this until i contacted my physician and returned to another med (zoloft) i was kinda better but not good no panic attacks then after 3 months on it i tried to get off of it so i took 25 mg down from 50 mg for 1 week and then i dropped it i suffered withdrawal at first and then after a few weeks i was good and getting better my motivation returned and i was like a day good and a day not really but getting slightly better day after day but i suffered fear from dark with low confidence but i was feeling better ..

THEN.... i married my girl and after a while i was hard with her like focusing on the minor things so i decided i need to return to my medication to help me with this thing but then everything was bad i was so depressed and so anxious for 2 months with returning to ecitalopram then i moved to prozac and i was a little better with it but still not feeling good so i decided again to quite so i dii like zoloft 1 week 20 mg down from 40 mg and then dropped it .

WHAT'S ABOUT NOW. 

at first i was good first weeks then i entered in severe depression anxiety state then it got lifted a lil bit my anxiety is better then when returned to ecitalopram or prozac but i feel low self-esteem and excessive thinking and and i think I'm recovering but Very slowly like I'm feeling like the old me when i was so anxious when i hear anything about me and i feel like I'm having weak personality but zero motivation and sometimes i feel so sad not like when i dropped my zoloft after few weeks my motivation returned no its different  😧!

SO GUYYS WHAT SHOULD I DO?!. sometimes i think about returning to the meds and sometimes I'm afraid of going back to my old self when i was triggered by anything into depression anxiety cycle I'm really confused and i don't know what to do? 

I used prozac when i married my girl 20 mg

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

WHAT'S ABOUT NOW. 

So

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello @Aliaok1

I've merged the new topic you created with your Introduction thread : please do not create new topic, only one thread per member, this way it will keep all your history in one place.

I'm really sorry you're suffering, we do all understand.

Unfortunately healing can be a very slow and gradual process.

Can you read your thread from the beginning, take a look at the links we provided  ?

--》 please can you also update your signature by writing the exact month you went off Prozac ?

I invite you to read Success Stories, they can .be very comforting and show us that even if nobody can predict how long the journey will be, healing is the reward ☀️

-success-stories-recovery-from-withdrawal

Hang on and take care ☀️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

4 hours ago, Erell said:

Hello @Aliaok1

I've merged the new topic you created with your Introduction thread : please do not create new topic, only one thread per member, this way it will keep all your history in one place.

I'm really sorry you're suffering, we do all understand.

Unfortunately healing can be a very slow and gradual process.

Can you read your thread from the beginning, take a look at the links we provided  ?

--》 please can you also update your signature by writing the exact month you went off Prozac ?

I invite you to read Success Stories, they can .be very comforting and show us that even if nobody can predict how long the journey will be, healing is the reward ☀️

-success-stories-recovery-from-withdrawal

Hang on and take care ☀️

So what must i do ? How to update the thread?

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

• 3 months later...

Guys hello this is me again !

After 1 year of not taking the meds I'm pretty slightly better then when i was on meds but guys 3 days ago i faced a situation i was joking with my friends and they laughed on something i did and its hurt me and i was feeling like heavy feeling in my chest and its come and go and yesterday day it increased and it bothering me right now and its increased when I'm moving but not when i take deep breaths so is it from anxiety or what!!! And what should i do. and ANOTHER THING  how to reduce the ringing sensation in my ears? pls guys help!

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

• 2 months later...

I've been off antidepressants for a year and a half but I'm struggling with demotivation and not happy sometimes i feel not very depressed but stable can enjoy slightly enjoying just slightly and sometimes I'm depressed and anxious and i have H. Pylori in my stomach and can't handle some situations and i get anxious around ppl and sensitive to joking so .....is my H.pylori causing me to be like that delaying healing process into more depression I don't know what to do ?!   P.S. I've quoted MY OLD POSTS SO THAT YOU BE IN THE PICTURE!

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

On 8/18/2021 at 5:59 AM, Aliaok1 said:

Guys hello this is me again !

After 1 year of not taking the meds I'm pretty slightly better then when i was on meds but guys 3 days ago i faced a situation i was joking with my friends and they laughed on something i did and its hurt me and i was feeling like heavy feeling in my chest and its come and go and yesterday day it increased and it bothering me right now and its increased when I'm moving but not when i take deep breaths so is it from anxiety or what!!! And what should i do. and ANOTHER THING  how to reduce the ringing sensation in my ears? pls guys help!

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

WHAT'S ABOUT NOW. 

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

• Administrator

Hello, @Aliaok1 

Please put your updates and questions about your situation in this topic, your Introductions topic. When you start topics in other parts of the site, the staff may not see them, they do not monitor the rest of the site as they do the Introductions area.

Did you get your h. pylori properly treated? You need to do this. An infection in your gut can affect your mood and everything else.

Your posts show you have a mix of problems. You clearly went off antidepressants several times, with withdrawal symptoms. You have protracted antidepressant withdrawal syndrome. This has improved somewhat, but it's difficult to assess because you also have a medical problem, h. pylori infection. If you've been treated with antibiotics, it's possible some of your symptoms are adverse reactions to one or more antibiotics.

You also have another kind of problem, a psychological or relationship problem. You feel badly about yourself, you transfer this to your wife, you are fearful in social situations. We can't help you with this, we don't have the training. You might want to find a counselor or therapist to help you rather than seek drug treatment, which has caused you long-term problems.

Which of your symptoms do you attribute to withdrawal? How's your sleep?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hello, @Aliaok1 

Please put your updates and questions about your situation in this topic, your Introductions topic. When you start topics in other parts of the site, the staff may not see them, they do not monitor the rest of the site as they do the Introductions area.

Did you get your h. pylori properly treated? You need to do this. An infection in your gut can affect your mood and everything else.

Your posts show you have a mix of problems. You clearly went off antidepressants several times, with withdrawal symptoms. You have protracted antidepressant withdrawal syndrome. This has improved somewhat, but it's difficult to asses because you also have a medical problem, h. pylori infection. If you've been treated with antibiotics, it's possible some of your symptoms are adverse reactions to one or more antibiotics.

You also have another kind of problem, a psychological or relationship problem. You feel badly about yourself, you transfer this to your wife, you are fearful in social situations. We can't help you with this, we don't have the training. You might want to find a counselor or therapist to help you rather than seek drug treatment, which has caused you long-term problems.

Hi friend sorry i don't know what to do and i need to talk so i post it in new topic.....

I have h.pylori and took a course of treatment but its still there and i guess it's affect my mental health somehow! My relationship problem I don't but now I'm not sensitive to my wife its weird sometimes I'm sensitive and sometimes I'm not it's been like 4 months and I'm ok in my relationship..... I'm demotivated but sometimes i enjoyed watching movie or something not like that much enjoyment but a little bit ....but now I'm experiencing a condition in which i be anxious cannot be relaxed or enjoyed and its reduced for a couple of hours and i think i was having it but its like disappear for days or it comes but for a little time ...... I've a low self esteem and I'm originally have social but not general anxiety but after antidepressants i think i got GAD .....i sometimes find slight improvements but sometimes i feel anxious and worried and depressed!

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

Hello, @Aliaok1 

Your posts show you have a mix of problems. You clearly went off antidepressants several times, with withdrawal symptoms. You have protracted antidepressant withdrawal syndrome. This has improved somewhat, but it's difficult to asses because you also have a medical problem, h. pylori infection. If you've been treated with antibiotics, it's possible some of your symptoms are adverse reactions to one or more antibiotics.

My sleep is good I'm able to sleep like regular person!

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

• Administrator

If you have protracted withdrawal syndrome from an antidepressant, taking perhaps 0.5mg Prozac may help. Fluxoxetine comes in a liquid form so you can take this very small amount.

If your symptoms are from something else, such as your relationship problems, 0.5mg Prozac probably won't have any effect. 

Please let us know how you're doing.

7 hours ago, Altostrata said:

If you have protracted withdrawal syndrome from an antidepressant, taking perhaps 0.5mg Prozac may help. Fluxoxetine comes in a liquid form so you can take this very small amount.

If your symptoms are from something else, such as your relationship problems, 0.5mg Prozac probably won't have any effect. 

Is there 0.5 mg tab? For how long should i take prozac ! And how it would impact my feelings? Is it scientifically based !?

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

• Administrator

This topic explains how to take a small amount of fluoxetine Tips for tapering off fluoxetine (Prozac)

Reinstatement of the drug is the only way medicine knows to address withdrawal symptoms, if those contribute to your problems. We recommend a very low dose so as not to trigger an adverse reaction. You would taper off by tiny amounts later.

If withdrawal symptoms contribute to your feelings, you would feel better.

This a peer support site, we do not diagnose or treat "depression" or provide therapy for low self esteem or relationship problems. You would do well to seek non-drug therapies for those.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Aliaok1: I need help and support guys ... must read!
2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

This topic explains how to take a small amount of fluoxetine Tips for tapering off fluoxetine (Prozac)

Reinstatement of the drug is the only way medicine knows to address withdrawal symptoms, if those contribute to your problems. We recommend a very low dose so as not to trigger an adverse reaction. You would taper off by tiny amounts later.

If withdrawal symptoms contribute to your feelings, you would feel better.

This a peer support site, we do not diagnose or treat "depression" or provide therapy for low self esteem or relationship problems. You would do well to seek non-drug therapies for those.

Foe how long should I take it and is it harmful or not !?

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

• Administrator

You're asking about how long to take 0.5mg fluoxetine (Prozac) for withdrawal symptoms? You would take it until your withdrawal symptoms go away. Then you taper off very carefully.

Is it harmful? You've taken lots of antidepressants at much higher dosages. What do you think?

22 hours ago, Altostrata said:

You're asking about how long to take 0.5mg fluoxetine (Prozac) for withdrawal symptoms? You would take it until your withdrawal symptoms go away. Then you taper off very carefully.

Is it harmful? You've taken lots of antidepressants at much higher dosages. What do you think?

True . But I'm not willing to start all the experience again as far as I know prozac takes more time to leave your body so the withdrawal symptoms takes more to appear and disappear so i dunno really ...... especially the first days of withdrawal ......can it resolves on its own?

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

• Administrator

I don't understand your questions. When people have protracted withdrawal syndrome, we suggest very low-dose reinstatement to alleviate the symptoms. There are hundreds of people on this site who have done this.

Adverse effects tend to be dosage-related. That's one reason we suggest a very low dose, such as 0.5mg fluoxetine, it's less likely to cause adverse effects while providing the benefit of alleviating withdrawal symptoms.

We're not in the future-telling business here. We hope a low-dose reinstatement will help, but we cannot promise you what will happen. You'd have to try it and see.

If you want promises, please talk to your doctor. They'll cheerfully lie to you about what you can expect, even promise you a drug will cure your relationship problems.

Any other questions?

On 10/30/2021 at 2:03 AM, Altostrata said:

I don't understand your questions. When people have protracted withdrawal syndrome, we suggest very low-dose reinstatement to alleviate the symptoms. There are hundreds of people on this site who have done this.

Adverse effects tend to be dosage-related. That's one reason we suggest a very low dose, such as 0.5mg fluoxetine, it's less likely to cause adverse effects while providing the benefit of alleviating withdrawal symptoms.

We're not in the future-telling business here. We hope a low-dose reinstatement will help, but we cannot promise you what will happen. You'd have to try it and see.

If you want promises, please talk to your doctor. They'll cheerfully lie to you about what you can expect, even promise you a drug will cure your relationship problems.

Any other questions?

Does the withdrawal syndrome goes on its own ? Is there anything that can alleviate the symptoms without the need of meds?!

Zoloft 50 2019

Prozac 2020

• Administrator

If you wish, you can simply cope with withdrawal symptoms while they slowly go away over many months. However, please be aware the staff may become frustrated if you keep asking what you can do to fix them.

See

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Easing your way into meditation for a stressed-out nervous system

Music for self-care: calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

Ways to cope with daily anxiety

Dealing With Emotional Spirals 

Shame, guilt, regret, and self-criticism

Health anxiety, hypochondria, and obsession with symptoms

Many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see

https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you. Please let us know how you’re doing.